Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2009 12:24 PM

May 2008
AHHH. Hayate's birthday is 4 days before mine XD Awesome.

So much Hayate abuse in this episode. My god. EVERYONE was raping him. Too bad what's his name that's in love with Hayate didn't come in..they needed some more sexual harassment in this episode.

It's a shame Maria can't cosplay to save her life when it comes to disguising herself >:

Looking forward to the next episode~ I dunno how the series will end, but maybe there'll be a season three.

Aug 31, 2009 1:46 PM

Aug 2007
Hayate went into Kafuka-mode and saved the day, just as in the previous episode with Tama. Wew, Nagi actually knows how to do her stuff. Probably because she read plenty of 'cosplay-cafe' manga or something.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Aug 31, 2009 2:47 PM

May 2009
I didn't expect Nagi to be as good at customer service as she was. For someone that spends the majority of her life indoors, she sure knows her stuff. And knowing Nagi's bad cooking skills, I expected her to make the worst coffee ever. I was pleasantly surprised she can at least do THAT right.

And the conflict between her and Ayumu has fired up again. Guess Nagi is still the jealous, clingy girl we know and love.

I wonder why she suddenly offered to buy Hayate a b-day gift. Maybe she's trying some things of her own to get closer to him?

Them seeing through Maria's disguise was a dead giveaway. She looked good in that nurse outfit, though.

Loved it when Nagi went into geek mode upon seeing the mangaka.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2009 1:34 AM
Feb 2009
I've been wanting to pickup the manga recently, anybody know where the tv show comes up too in the manga so far, and if i need to trackback if they missed anything out
Sep 1, 2009 5:48 AM
Dec 2008
adlondo said:
I've been wanting to pickup the manga recently, anybody know where the tv show comes up too in the manga so far, and if i need to trackback if they missed anything out

They are following the manga quite nicely in S2, although S1 was really screwed for some reason, it deviated quite far from the manga (not that that was bad, I just didn't like that personally).

I understand someone makes a timeline for all this. I think the links should be in previous posts.
Sep 1, 2009 10:48 AM

Jul 2008
revoltracers said:
adlondo said:

They are following the manga quite nicely in S2, although S1 was really screwed for some reason, it deviated quite far from the manga (not that that was bad, I just didn't like that personally).

I understand someone makes a timeline for all this. I think the links should be in previous posts.

yes there is a guy that makes a weekly timeline found here
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt169/Spawwvy/hayate/hayate_timeline_s2ep21.png
ALL CREDIT GOES TO SPAWWVY
i did not make this

also there are chapters that arent translated atm
Sep 2, 2009 8:08 AM

Apr 2009
3 more ep's is waaaay to few. >:
Sep 3, 2009 4:00 PM

Aug 2008
wheew, finally caught up after marathoning from S1, I can't believe there's only 3 episodes left ..
At this rate I may start reading the manga, is it good ?
Sep 4, 2009 7:34 AM
Dec 2008
MickShake said:
wheew, finally caught up after marathoning from S1, I can't believe there's only 3 episodes left ..
At this rate I may start reading the manga, is it good ?

Yeah, the manga's great. The art is subtly different (the characters look 'cuter,' in my opinion). Definitely start reading it.

They translate just one volume behind in Korea :)
Sep 5, 2009 11:28 AM
Jan 2009
strangely enough... im seeing the end of this season towards the end of how much the Japanese have actually translated thus far in the manga. It's not often that you see an anime literally keep toe-to-toe with its manga counterpart... Makes me wonder how Hayate The Combat Butler in general will go from here...
Sep 5, 2009 6:45 PM

Jul 2008
kpax12 said:
strangely enough... im seeing the end of this season towards the end of how much the Japanese have actually translated thus far in the manga. It's not often that you see an anime literally keep toe-to-toe with its manga counterpart... Makes me wonder how Hayate The Combat Butler in general will go from here...

but plz do note
the anime and manga are apart by like 140+ chapters lol
at the rate that JC Staff is going
Sep 6, 2009 3:46 PM

Jul 2008
hayate really knows how to get into trouble with women: first he peeps, then cheats on nagi, and then calls maria a dude, rofl
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 7, 2009 3:38 AM

Mar 2007
kage-bunshin said:
hayate really knows how to get into trouble with women: first he peeps, then cheats on nagi, and then calls maria a dude, rofl

It is his weakness... How to understand girls
XD how to get someone away from maria... call her a dude...

I hope what they said at the end is true for this anime and not about him... a further 2 seasons of anime to come :D
Sep 7, 2009 10:02 PM

Apr 2007
PLEASE MARRY ME

ROFLMAO
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Sep 9, 2009 12:14 PM

Jul 2008
Maria as nurse with zettai ryouiki made this episode awesome =D
Sep 13, 2009 5:23 PM
Dec 2007
ClearSinz said:
kpax12 said:

but plz do note
the anime and manga are apart by like 140+ chapters lol
at the rate that JC Staff is going
That's only because JC did a reboot of the anime to fix the inconsistencies between the manga and the anime. If season 1 had been more true to the manga (mainly in the timeline) we'd be extremely close the the manga's newer chapters.

I think second season has slowly gotten better (of course, since at the beggining they where trying to perfect the adaptation so it captured the series' style) to the point it feels far more complete that season 1 could ever had hoped to be. And seriously, as much as I hate not having MORE Hayate for a while, series breaks are needed.

I've always found that most year-long anime suffer from series droughts of quality during large periods of time and the fact that when they catch up to the source material, they come up with filler which for most anime tend to be horrendous. Even 52-episode seasons suffer from periods of bad quality (check hayate season 1 and you will notice plenty of "bad" episodes which just had boring written all over them).
Leon-GunSep 13, 2009 5:29 PM

Sep 24, 2009 1:14 AM

May 2008
the part where he declared Maria to be a man really did remind me of SZS, I nearly died laughing.

favorite part was probably the original ending of that manga though XD

its so sad that all of Maria's cosplay attempts fail so completely but no one's willing to tell her ;)

am I mistaken, or didn't Nagi already buy Hayate a watch in the last season?
Nov 16, 2009 4:20 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode, lol @ Maria the "man"
Oct 3, 2010 2:18 AM

Jun 2009
Did anyone else laugh when, after Nagi proclaimed that she would be starting on a part-time job, the episode title appeared: "Keep On Dreaming"?
Sep 18, 2011 6:13 AM
Mar 2011
LOL Hayate... What a reason...
Nov 22, 2011 8:07 AM

Feb 2011
I seconded Ayumu's view of Hayate and Maria's relationship because in first season it looks like Hayate has a big crush on Maria plus like what Ayumu said Hayate tends to like Mature-like girls and Hinagiku and Nagi is out of the question since Hayate calls Hinagiku has a childish side and views Nagi as a kid.
Aug 17, 2012 11:25 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, it was a nice watch.
When Hayate said that Maria was a girl I just knew something was coming.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 18, 2012 5:57 AM

May 2012
Haha great episode especially with Maria in nurse outfit with the manga writer :p
Up to the 3 last episodes!
Apr 2, 2014 4:15 AM
Dec 2013
hahaha loved this episode :D

especially when hayate and maria are too close to each other.... but nagi interrupt them..

May 7, 2018 2:10 PM

Sep 2017
Well, it is Maria's fault for making the situation awkward by putting the nurse outfit and walking into the shop.

But come on Hayate, though that explanation worked, you seriously have no tact. However, Maria should have somehow rejected that guy.

Nagi is awesome. Hamster is becoming an eyesore. She is just clinging onto Hayate just because and has no real romantic concerns for him, unlike Nagi Ojou-sama, who decided to work in the shop for Hayate. And Nagi did her job well too.

But Hayate should seriously stop getting distracted at work. Glad Nagi stomped his show and took him out of his delusions.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 24, 2021 8:59 PM

Aug 2018
Nagi > Ayumu

I wish we get more Nagi fanservice

Apr 5, 2023 7:01 PM
May 2020
I was so worried that something was going to go wrong, specifically that Nagi was going to cook and serve unsafe food to customers. She didn't, but nothing big happened either so, meh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClearSinz - Apr 10, 2009

91 by mySaudate »»
May 22, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Sep 18, 2009

140 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 13, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2009

61 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 12, 2023 6:00 PM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2009

103 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:25 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2009

52 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 4, 2023 5:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.