Forum Settings
Forums
The Garden of Words
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 9, 2014 4:54 AM
Jul 2013
the ending for the movie can give birth to a sequel coz there are still some things that could be adressed, like the mc persuing his dream and becoming a successful shoe maker, and the love relation between him and the teacher, the age difference problem ...

is there any thing official about it ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2014 5:04 AM

Aug 2012
As far as I know, Makoto doesn't create any sequels to his works. So most likely no.
Mar 9, 2014 10:42 AM
Jul 2013
thanks for replying.

that's a shame, i really wanted a better closure for the story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2014 4:44 AM

Feb 2009
I guess that is one of the points of the movie. The protagonists strife to walk properly and the part of their lifes shown in the movie is but a step on the way achieving that. As much as I love conclusions, I'd rather see this staying as it is. And in a way, that's how life often works. The protagonists are no special humans, after all, even if they are unique. But who isn't?
Apr 11, 2014 4:45 AM

Apr 2007
what's with the trend of asking for sequels for things that don't need sequels?
Apr 11, 2014 5:32 AM

Aug 2013
Makoto Shinkai movies always end bittersweet. Otherwise it would destroy his message he is trying to send.

Pond said:

Been happening too often recently. I guess most people have that tendency to expect more (and be vocal about it). I blame the feels.
Apr 13, 2014 3:12 PM

Jul 2009
Tazu said:
Makoto Shinkai movies always end bittersweet. Otherwise it would destroy his message he is trying to send.

I am tired and I want to puke from bittersweetness. Why can't we have happy things for once? Why are all animes nowadays full of violence,death,rape etc. Why can't we at least see people happy in the end? We have enough f*cking sh!t to deal with in our daily lives and now in virtual one too. Thanks I guess...
Apr 14, 2014 4:36 AM
Dec 2013
I rather have this movie a happy ending! Dont care what message Makoto was trying to send , atleast let this movie have a happy ending! they deserved each other.
Apr 30, 2014 11:38 AM
Dec 2010
Pond said:

Yeah i think the ending is alright the way it is, he already said that when he can walk farther he will go see her so its up to you to imagine when and how it will be.
May 12, 2014 4:08 AM
Oct 2013
It doesn't need one.

And...the story is bittersweet. Shinkai Makoto's works are bittersweet. Love is bittersweet. This doesn't require a happy ending to be good. This feeling realistically reflects what such situation would end like in most cases. If you prefer sweet, happy endings, there are a thousand other shoujo series for your love to "end well". (not being a hater here, I like those too)
Jun 7, 2014 1:20 AM

Apr 2014
Doesn't need a sequel... he left it wide open to the very end for you to imagine what happens, in your own mind at least.
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Jul 26, 2014 4:15 PM
Sep 2013
The couple in Shinkai's movies pretty NEVER end up together, the only possible exception is "The Place Promised in Our Early Days" but that's only cuz that ending was vague as hell. This also makes it the only Shinkai movie that can be a complete downer ending; if she is dead or no longer remembers him and he is visiting that place of theirs by himself cuz she is no longer there, that's is just depressing as hell.

I suppose some people can take the fact that the protagonists of his movies usually comes to term with their situation as bittersweet but, to me, all those failed relationships just add up to being straight up bitter.
May 14, 2015 9:34 PM

Feb 2015
Deventh said:
Tazu said:

I am tired and I want to puke from bittersweetness. Why can't we have happy things for once? Why are all animes nowadays full of violence,death,rape etc. Why can't we at least see people happy in the end? We have enough f*cking sh!t to deal with in our daily lives and now in virtual one too. Thanks I guess...

How right you are. We should get to experience more happiness and love so it can make us better and kinder humans. His movies are great and i hope he can give the future ones happier endings.
Jun 26, 2015 8:46 PM

Aug 2014
It has a good ending so it doesnt need one :)
Jul 9, 2015 5:34 PM

Apr 2015
hiddentest007 said:

This
I'm a sucker for strong female characters.
Sep 17, 2015 8:00 PM

Jul 2015
I don't think so. It is beautiful the way it is a sequal will ruin it also the protagonist said that when he will be able to walk he will go see her so it's left for you to imagine.
Aug 25, 2016 3:46 PM

Jan 2014
toatuta said:
hiddentest007 said:

This

Seconded.

Also, there's a hidden scene in the Director's Cut of the music video that further solidifies a happy interpretation of the ending:

Scene is at 04:45, or can be found automatically, by clicking this link.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 9, 2016 8:57 AM

Apr 2016
He never touches the same work again,what done is done so move on with your life mate.
Sep 10, 2016 9:37 PM

Apr 2015
if you watch Kimi no Na Wa, his latest film,
in the first scene at school, there was a woman who taught classical japanese with short hair, which was similar to Yuki-sensei. Interestingly, her VA also Hanazawa Kana.
Seriously, look it up, probably a little easter egg from Makoto-san
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Apr 15, 2017 7:44 PM
Nov 2016
nearbaskara said:
if you watch Kimi no Na Wa, his latest film,
in the first scene at school, there was a woman who taught classical japanese with short hair, which was similar to Yuki-sensei. Interestingly, her VA also Hanazawa Kana.
Seriously, look it up, probably a little easter egg from Makoto-san

Holy crap your right I watched Kimi no Na Wa months ago and found this one through an AMV but looking back it is her has to be in actually happy AF right now
Jul 24, 2017 6:09 AM

Mar 2013
Laionidas said:
toatuta said:

This

Seconded.

Also, there's a hidden scene in the Director's Cut of the music video that further solidifies a happy interpretation of the ending:

Thank you very much!
Even tho his ending words were optimistic enough, seeing this makes me believe they're are now happy together.
Jul 26, 2017 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
FinalFlash18 said:
Thank you very much!
Even tho his ending words were optimistic enough, seeing this makes me believe they're are now happy together.

You're welcome, and yeah, those few seconds mean a lot, I had the same feeling.
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 26, 2017 2:33 PM

Jun 2016
Kotonoha no Niwa and Kimi no Nawa shares the same world

Also you can see the teacher in Kotonoha no Niwa and Kimi no Nawa

Not a sequel tho
Jan 6, 2018 9:38 AM
Jul 2012
Laionidas said:
toatuta said:

This

Seconded.

Now I can die in peace :)
Jan 6, 2018 10:50 AM

Jan 2014
mahesh0431 said:

Hahaha,.. it's amazing how many people (myself included) were bothered by this and sighed of relief upon discovering that video.
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 6, 2018 11:11 AM
Jul 2012
Laionidas said:
mahesh0431 said:

Hahaha,.. it's amazing how many people (myself included) were bothered by this and sighed of relief upon discovering that video.

Haha true dude.. I was feeling uneasy till I see ur post, still hoping to see some ova or something later :)

Do u have/know any other reference for kimi no na was- 'your name' happy ending by any chance?
Jan 7, 2018 12:40 AM

Jan 2014
mahesh0431 said:
Laionidas said:

Haha true dude.. I was feeling uneasy till I see ur post, still hoping to see some ova or something later :)

Do u have/know any other reference for kimi no na was- 'your name' happy ending by any chance?

No, I haven't actually seen Kimi no Na Wa, as I've only encountered versions with pretty poor subs so far. It's going in theatre in Holland soon, so there should be some officially sanctioned English and/or Dutch subs (can't imagine there being official Dutch subs, but no English). In any case, I'll wait for the Blue Ray this time.

I do know Yukino Yukari is in there as a teacher with a side role. It's like an Easter egg. Seems she moved to the Takayama area/Gifu prefecture after Kotonoha no Niwa, for her new job.
- Mishima Hitomi
Jan 11, 2018 2:10 PM
Oct 2017
A sequel would be interesting since it’s set in the same world as Kimi No Na Wa, or atleast I think it is since the female lead of this movie is in Kimi No Na Wa. Then again I could be wrong
Jan 11, 2018 4:44 PM

Jul 2017
No.

If Shinkai wanted to expand upon this story, he would have made the film longer in the first place.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 11, 2020 11:07 AM

Aug 2017
king_layes said:
the ending for the movie can give birth to a sequel coz there are still some things that could be adressed, like the mc persuing his dream and becoming a successful shoe maker, and the love relation between him and the teacher, the age difference problem ...

is there any thing official about it ?

The only sequel is hot Yukino giving birth to peddler's babies

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one, probably not

mydaddy - Mar 1

28 by Rayane-47 »»
Mar 6, 5:29 AM

» What if the genders were reversed?

mechian - Aug 17, 2014

29 by CLADDAN »»
Mar 1, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SilentTruth - May 31, 2013

541 by Kvistis »»
Jan 26, 1:23 AM

» What did you think of this movie? ( 1 2 )

AoiroBlueColor - May 15, 2021

55 by SandraEis »»
Aug 14, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » What demographic is Kotonoha no Niwa?

AnimeIs4Kidz - Feb 27, 2023

15 by DreamingK »»
Mar 6, 2023 11:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.