Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 27, 2009 2:47 AM
Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So that's it. It's over.

Lame ending btw. Would've been cool to have Rito pick Lala, and then have a timeskip, and then feature Rito as the King of Deviluke, lol.

Anyway, I didn't mind this series ending. It lost me a while back. Some drama would've been nice... but that's not to be. Nonetheless, I found it enjoyable as it is. I'm signing it off with a 6.5 out of 10.
Aug 27, 2009 3:20 AM

Sep 2007
6/10 for me...
The lame ending killed me...
Because for a ecchi manga, the artworks is good, etc... But the story... ERK...
Aug 27, 2009 11:59 AM

Jun 2009
I'm glad this manga was killed, better to make way for other mangas to flourish in Jump.

It had nice drawings and a well-established premise that allowed for all sorts of wackiness. It's the standard bearer for ecchi, fanservice, and a little comedy, without any pretense for plot whatsoever. That is ok, that is what I expected.

What disappointed me was the laziness in the use of the art and the writing. Each chapter was made out of a cookie cutter structure; characters are complete stereotypes of the harem genre; ecchiness is so blatant and predictable it's almost insulting; the comedy was flat; the writing was useless (so much so that you can skip the scanlations and just read the raws). Really the only saving grace is the art.

But at 162 chapters, having a nice, consistent artstyle is not enough. Not nearly enough.

Going by this site's criteria, this manga is a solid 4/10 - that means bad.
fisher_88Aug 27, 2009 12:03 PM
Aug 27, 2009 2:15 PM

Sep 2008
I never particulary liked this series, in the start it was great, but that didn't last long, it's been about maybe 120 chapters ago, I just decided to continue reading it for the sake of completing it one day and I must say, the manga was enjoyable at times I was bored and had nothing else to read.

But I can't understand why the authors decided to quit with it now, there are just too freaking much plotholes left unfulfilled...

Anway, the ending was fucking crap, a harem-ending, which was what I expected anyway, but we now do know who Rito loves more in the way of having a relationship.

Stupid bastard, I wouldn't have doubted polygamy for a second.. :P

4/10 - I can't consider this an average series, it's not even fine, although the art is.
But still, plotholes left unfulfilled, no basic plot in the long-run, to much chapters spent on 1 or 2 ecchi moments..

It's a shame..
Aug 28, 2009 12:53 AM

Aug 2008
and it ends. I'm gonna move on fast... don't want to stay on the ending thoughts for long.
I thought this would happen since it ended with short notice: where the main girl doesn't mind polygamy. well what can we expect from quick end finish.
I'm sure they creators would have wanted a proper finish but maybe they were pissed to lol, and said take this.

anyway up till last chapter, the rating was 8 for me, but last chapter since i epected this already ill say 6.6
Aug 28, 2009 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
Ughhhh.. that's awful ending...
Aug 28, 2009 1:06 AM
Jan 2009
Horrible ending. Absolutely terrible.
He should have picked Haruna and that should have been that, there was no reason to do this. Complete and utter disaster.
Aug 28, 2009 1:31 AM

Dec 2007
Ending was rather "meh", could of been so much better.

Not an amazing series, good start...later on it got way too repetitive.
Aug 28, 2009 1:48 AM

Jun 2009
Just so that no one accuses me of poor judgement later, I dropped this series at chapter 25 or something and just randomly read 10 chapters (including this one). Nothing much really. It said how low the genre has devolved...
Aug 28, 2009 2:25 AM

Aug 2008
Terrible typical harem ending ..Rito is still a wimp
Besides, they could have done so much better in 162 chapters, say maybe, with a storyline
Aug 28, 2009 2:31 AM

Feb 2009
+1 for shitty ending. And that's a wrap.

It's too bad its ending like this, I'd probably recommend the first few volumes of this manga then the boot. I originally had this manga at an 8 score, but I've been waiting to lower it due to repetitive story lines as of late. This ending just gives me more of a reason too. :(

6/10
Aug 28, 2009 2:40 AM

Mar 2009
lame ending ruined the story 6/10
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Aug 28, 2009 3:03 AM

May 2008
SakuraForever said:
+1 for shitty ending. And that's a wrap.

It's too bad its ending like this, I'd probably recommend the first few volumes of this manga then the boot. I originally had this manga at an 8 score, but I've been waiting to lower it due to repetitive story lines as of late. This ending just gives me more of a reason too. :(

6/10

I feel exacly the same I also had a 8/10 first but now having read everything its also 6/10 for me.
This is exacly the same result as as Mx0.
First I had a good score but the more we get to the ending the lower the number drops.
Aug 28, 2009 3:12 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, the powers of polygamy...
Aug 28, 2009 3:15 AM

Oct 2008
Horrible open ending out of nowhere... damn even the anime series had much much better ending then this one!! o_O Before reading this chapter I wanned to kept my score at 6 thanks to the outstanding art, but after reading it I dropped it to 5/10 <- this is a CRIME to butcher series this long with the ending like this.
Aug 28, 2009 3:26 AM

Jan 2009
The ending felt like the author was high on something. I read to-love-ru coz the art is by the author of black cat, which imo is among the best manga ever, but the guy who created the story didn't create a story which fits the great art. I dunno what's with the high rating on the to-love-ru page and the popularity on onemanga, but this is a pretty bad manga imo. Ecchi mangas like Ichigo 100% are much better than this.
Aug 28, 2009 3:30 AM

Jul 2009
So my prediction was right T_T
Well that's very disappointing...

Anyways, the ending was kinda wrong in many ways -__-
But still, I enjoyed it to the fullest since it's was the last.
A great manga indeed (except 4 d ending O__O)
This is a signature.
Aug 28, 2009 3:48 AM

Mar 2009
I think I''S is the best harem manga, to-love-ru was very great at first but way too much fan service leads to disasters...
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Aug 28, 2009 4:03 AM
Aug 2009
The manga really started slipping with each chapter, but the ending was just awful.
Aug 28, 2009 4:08 AM

Jun 2009
JustiX-NL said:

This is exacly the same result as as Mx0.
First I had a good score but the more we get to the ending the lower the number drops.

hey, hey don't get carried away now. Mx0 was a solid manga up until it was unfortunately cancelled. ToLoveRu was a repetitive waste of 162 chapters that have been lagging 100 chapters ago. It's actually a miracle (or a testament to the audience of Jump) that this lasted for so long.
Aug 28, 2009 4:15 AM
Jan 2008
this ending was just as bad as the end of the first shaman king manga!
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Aug 28, 2009 4:16 AM

Jul 2009
I really liked this Manga and I'm kinda sad that it's over now (I'm always sad when a series ends :D)
But I agree, the ending was lame, Rito ending up to love Haruna and Lala wth?!

Aug 28, 2009 4:20 AM

Jun 2009
renjikuchiki1 said:

yeah that was a painful day...

hey, at least it's all better now!
Aug 28, 2009 4:24 AM

Jul 2008
The story lost all of its direction about 60 chapters ago. the only things the authors could do was fix the direction or just end it before it becomes an awful trainwreck.

Apparently lacking the skills to perform option 1, they opted for 2 which is still better than ending with a complete trainwreck.

The only plus to this ending is that it didn't invoke deus ex machina (at least, more than usual) to end this series. I've seen too many anime end in this way and it's starting to get on my nerves.

series score 6/10 Readable, but not an engaging story.
Aug 28, 2009 4:32 AM

Nov 2008
So it ended.
I agree it was a crappy ending but that was kinda sad, I really enjoyed this manga even though it was repetitive and cliches.
I find it really refreshing and I absolutely loved the art style.
Aug 28, 2009 4:34 AM

Jul 2008
This is sad... I really liked this series (not just for the art, that was great, also for some jokes and also for the story) and obviously I won't give it a lower grade just for a chap over 162 (lol that would be meaningless), when all the others where nice, but the end...
I really hope he'll make something about a sequel (yeah I'm hopeless)...

Now waiting for another shounen-omg-wtf series taking TLR place, aahhh this is even sadder than its ending... gg all, if something can't sell like Naruc**p or One Piece just cancel it, nice
TommasoDSAug 28, 2009 4:38 AM
Aug 28, 2009 4:40 AM

Apr 2009
it should end long time ago..
i just skipped from 110 to this chapter.....
just wanted to see with what person rito remains =\
d'oh, poor haruna X((((((
Aug 28, 2009 4:49 AM

Jan 2008
shitty ending -_-...
i though he would decide who he loves :< and now i get this lame ending
Aug 28, 2009 5:36 AM

Sep 2007
I'll keep my (for this kind of series unusually) high rating because I loved the ending. I had no idea it would end so when it suddenly did... I bursted out laughing.
That's how I like my surprises: mild.

Now Black Cat 2 please, Yabuki-sensei. ^^
Aug 28, 2009 5:39 AM

Apr 2009
Don't worry guys, now that To Love Ru is gone we can get some more amazing Bleach, One Piece and Naruto! It is win all around!
Aug 28, 2009 6:22 AM

Jul 2009
Haylias said:
Don't worry guys, now that To Love Ru is gone we can get some more amazing Bleach, One Piece and Naruto! It is win all around!
I don't really expect more of them, i hope there is another harem type manga + ecchi again, battle type is not really my thing
Aug 28, 2009 6:29 AM

Dec 2007
renjikuchiki1 said:

You stole the words from my mouth XD
VERY crappy ending, which kinda resumes what the manga had become halfway through: A bunch of senseless echhi shots. Well, I hope the mangakas go back to do something good, like a second part of Black Cat for example...
Aug 28, 2009 7:13 AM

Nov 2008
So polygamy it is. I kind of expected it but it still surprised me.

I really liked this manga, so I'm sad that is over.

The artwork was great but the storyline needs more work. I'm going to miss it!
Aug 28, 2009 7:22 AM

Aug 2007
Wow. An I hoped for a good plot but i should've stopped wishing at ch 130. Anyway 5/10 terrible.
Aug 28, 2009 7:31 AM
Jan 2008
Damn it. A genuine harem ending would have been an interesting subversion of the genre but this is just rubbish.
Aug 28, 2009 7:45 AM

Jul 2008
ah so it finally ends =/
i hope this comes back another day when Rito's the king XD

well at first it was a 9/10 cuz i really enjoyed it and would look forward to weekly
then it goes to a 7/10 for shyty ending
but Yami saves the day with a +1 =D
overall final score 8/10 (-1 for eding)
Aug 28, 2009 7:58 AM

Dec 2008
I didn't expect a great ending from this manga and now I know I was right to except that. It wasn't a bad manga overall, enjoyable enough at times, but I wished it had ended properly rather than the, "and life goes on", type ending. I'll give it a 7/10 overall and a 3/5 for this chapter XD!
Aug 28, 2009 8:25 AM

Feb 2009
man what a lame ending, i hate when manga/anime ends with something u cant really call a ending :/
Aug 28, 2009 8:49 AM

May 2009
Shit ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2009 8:51 AM

Sep 2008
well i do liked this manga a lot, even if the chapters were all similar , it was good for me
but i know this was lame, bad and a horrible ending out of nowhere, did they really wanted to end it like this? this could have had a lot of plot twist(of the little plot it had) just because rito realized he loved lala...what a letdown
i even expected this manga more than bleach or naruto....i hope jump start with a new manga that remove this bad ending out of my head..or can i expect a second manga?
for how much i liked 8/10...i know it should be lower...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 28, 2009 8:58 AM

Jul 2008
This manga had some great potential when it started, but as a lot people know there was 100+ chapters of fan service and very little plot development (hell if any), which was the downfall of this manga.
A lot of ppl are comparing TLR to Mx0, which in my opinion there is no comparison, Mx0 had potential to become a great manga, but was canceled, TLR on the other hand the author decided to end the series, not Jump.
The end is what I expected but not what I wanted. I was hoping Rito was going to chose a girl and at first I thought he would chose Lala, but then the typical "freak accidents" started and I knew how it was going to end after that. But what can you expect from a harem manga like this...
6/10
Aug 28, 2009 9:56 AM

Jul 2009
So he got married to all of them...seems like the mangakas just gave up trying to think of a real ending -.-
Aug 28, 2009 10:04 AM

May 2009
Zell182 said:
So he got married to all of them...seems like the mangakas just gave up trying to think of a real ending -.-

It's not that he gave up, it's that he wasn't able to make atleast a good or decent ending all in one chapter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2009 10:07 AM

Apr 2008
Obviously everyone that read and liked this manga hated this ending. I liked this manga alot, but the way the mangaka ended it lowered my ratings. But than again, obviously people opinions don't matter (especially ones that have been purchasing the volumes when released). The mangaka could of gave his readers alot better ending, even though we all expected this to happen. Hah! Last page asking for us to read their next "creations", I give up reading anything created by Hasemi Saki... i still liked Yabuki Kentaro drawing style though.
Aug 28, 2009 10:48 AM

Jul 2008
i'm kind of disappointed right now that it ended, but hey- yami pretty much she said she has feelings for him, and most of the girls got confessed to for one of the biggest rofl moments ever!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 28, 2009 11:08 AM

Aug 2009
audacious1 said:
This manga had some great potential when it started, but as a lot people know there was 100+ chapters of fan service and very little plot development (hell if any), which was the downfall of this manga.
A lot of ppl are comparing TLR to Mx0, which in my opinion there is no comparison, Mx0 had potential to become a great manga, but was canceled, TLR on the other hand the author decided to end the series, not Jump.
The end is what I expected but not what I wanted. I was hoping Rito was going to chose a girl and at first I thought he would chose Lala, but then the typical "freak accidents" started and I knew how it was going to end after that. But what can you expect from a harem manga like this...
6/10

I liked To love ru just as much as Mx0 and both endings suck. This really lowers my rating of the manga. sob
Don't lose your WAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
Aug 28, 2009 11:11 AM

Sep 2007
I'm surprised so many people expected some ending as if this was some kind of serious Romance story... after 162 chapters of comedy, we get a comedy-ending. I don't get this nerdrage at all. :/

I'd be disappointed if we had gotten anything conclusive and happily-ever-afterish... that's be as appropriate as Rito gunning down the rest of the characters with a sniper rifle.
I'm glad TLR stayed true to its roots until the very end.
Aug 28, 2009 11:58 AM
Jul 2009
whoa... i finished reading the chapter and then it said it's over. that while maybe not surprising still caught me by surprise. As for the ending, imo it was the only way the manga was ever gonna end however many chapters it took.... rito was never gonna pick someone. however, it felt (since it as) rushed. oh well, as much as i liked it in the beginning i'll probably be happier now that it's over, even if i'm not exactly satisfied with it.
Aug 28, 2009 12:03 PM

Jul 2009
I think it's not being rushed,, more likely being pushed to rushed, and about the ending, like i said, Ritto is not thinking about Lala, and Lala thinks that Polygami is OK, now where goes that rivalry with Haruka? if both are gonna be taken by Ritto
Aug 28, 2009 12:26 PM

Jan 2008
I really enjoyed this series~ It was cute, ecchi, mindless everyday comic to read every week. I shall my weekly dose...!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 50 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 21, 2009

2 by Jonas-K »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 49 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 21, 2009

2 by Jonas-K »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 48 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 21, 2009

3 by Jonas-K »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 47 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 21, 2009

3 by Jonas-K »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 46 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 21, 2009

3 by Jonas-K »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.