MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Anilinkz virus?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Anilinkz virus?

08-26-09, 7:43 PM

Last month I went to Anilinkz and a day later I got a huge trojan horse virus. Though I went in yesterday with Firefox (better security then IE) thinking that it probably wasn't the site that caused the virus last time, and now I got a virus. (Low risk though)

Anybody else got a virus from this site?

08-26-09, 7:46 PM

nope

08-26-09, 7:48 PM

Nope. Trojans usually sit there on your computer for ages though, undetectable, then their programming activates them at a given time.

Same thing happened to the main computer at home when I was on mangafox. Needless to say I'm now barred from visiting mangafox. Stupid parents.
All of my FAL results so far.

08-26-09, 7:52 PM

This is a sign telling you to stop streaming and start downloading your anime.

08-26-09, 8:33 PM

burntlettuce said:
This is a sign telling you to stop streaming and start downloading your anime.

True... but I think anyone will have the same risk regardless if anyone streams or downloads their anime or manga.
@AruWinDesu

08-26-09, 8:42 PM

Gamerzlimited said:
True... but I think anyone will have the same risk regardless if anyone streams or downloads their anime or manga.

No, because downloaded media files can't contain viruses, as long as you only download proper media containers, not exes to extract or something idiotic. A lot of trojans are injected via ad scripts and such which can theoretically happen on streaming sites if the site has ads embedded in its player.

08-26-09, 8:45 PM

Asako said:
Gamerzlimited said:

No, because downloaded media files can't contain viruses, as long as you only download proper media containers, not exes to extract or something idiotic. A lot of trojans are injected via ad scripts and such which can theoretically happen on streaming sites if the site has ads embedded in its player.

Well downloaded files "can" contain viruses... thats how i got some viruses for real.
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™

08-26-09, 8:51 PM

syaaj said:
Well downloaded files "can" contain viruses... thats how i got some viruses for real.

This was only possible quite a few years ago, with Windows Media Player, due to a specific AVI vulnerability with WPM's flaws, which was rapidly patched. It shouldn't have ever been an issue for anime because a) you should be using MPC, not WMP, and b) you should be downloading MKV or MP4 not AVI.

08-26-09, 8:54 PM

I haven't gotten a virus from anilinkz but I was on earlier and my anti-virus blocked the site.

08-26-09, 8:57 PM

chinlamp said:
Nope. Trojans usually sit there on your computer for ages though, undetectable, then their programming activates them at a given time.

Same thing happened to the main computer at home when I was on mangafox. Needless to say I'm now barred from visiting mangafox. Stupid parents.

That happened to me on mangafox too. I was on there for a few minutes then my anti-virus software practically started screaming and glowing neon there were so many virus alerts. x_x Everything froze up, I had to restart and then two virus scans later it was gone. Not a fun day.

08-26-09, 9:04 PM

Not on anilinkz but on some other streaming site it might have been animelime.It's all the same though pretty much since most of them get the videos from the same places (Megavideo ect)

Anyway yeah i clicked on a video to play and my antivirus imediatly stopped a trojan from getting in my computer.

I thought that was pretty weird.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site

08-27-09, 9:43 AM

well i used to get viruses quite often when i was streaming but now i havent had one for ages since i have started to download the episodes so it is safer to download the episodes

08-27-09, 10:20 AM

baxter09 said:
well i used to get viruses quite often when i was streaming but now i havent had one for ages since i have started to download the episodes so it is safer to download the episodes

You got that right.

09-22-09, 1:42 PM

yea no kidding, but there are safer site to watch anime.

09-22-09, 4:55 PM

Fucking hate Trojans.

Good luck removing it.

09-22-09, 4:59 PM

Stop using shitty sites, that might help.

:)

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices