Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 8, 2014 9:57 PM

Jun 2011
That Love Hina onsen scene tho.
Mar 8, 2014 10:13 PM

Dec 2013
This episode. was. the. best.
Censoring aside, it was pretty dang funny and awesome. Easily my most fav episode yet even though there wasn't much suspense. It was just awesome... Chitoge <3

5/5 for sure.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 8, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2012
As always Nisekoi is THE perfect example of how RomCom should be done. \(^_^)/
Mar 8, 2014 10:36 PM

Aug 2013
lightXTC said:
My first impression of this episode: what the fuck is open air school?

haha my exact same thought
Yo
Mar 8, 2014 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
fucking Raku
until I felt jealous of him this episode
but it was cool to see Raku and Chitoge closer
and that naughty teacher
this was the first kiss Chitoge? as unlucky
_________

Raku maldito
até eu senti inveja dele neste episodio
mas foi legal ver Raku e Chitoge mais próximos
e que professora safadinha
esse foi o primeiro beijo de Chitoge? quanto azar
Mar 8, 2014 11:21 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was alright. The card game was funny though.
Mar 8, 2014 11:44 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm I'm pretty sure that Chitoge kissed Raku's P*N*S on the manga..
Mar 9, 2014 1:07 AM

Jul 2012
All the steam and mist ruined the bath episode.

Great episode!!!
Mar 9, 2014 1:20 AM

Jun 2013
good episode BD please, even tho I dont think its gonna be uncensored
Mar 9, 2014 3:17 AM
Feb 2009
awesome episode more clues about Chitoges first love and way too damn cute with dem poker faces
Mar 9, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2009
The cliche onsen episode but I admit this one's damn funny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2014 3:38 AM
Mar 2013
nice episode, funny developent in the onsen XD
Mar 9, 2014 3:51 AM

Apr 2013
On this episode of Overused Cliches: The Anime, our bland, stupid main character finds himself caught in the girl's bath by mistake. Can he hide himself and manage to successfully escape without being noticed? Of course he can! Tune in next week when he finds out he has a little sister who also happens to be in love with him, or something. Or maybe he finds a mech and saves his school from space nazis. No cliche is too cliche for: Overused Cliches: The Anime!
TheAshmanComethMar 9, 2014 3:55 AM
Mar 9, 2014 4:14 AM

Sep 2011
This is so d*mn funny
pew pew pew
Mar 9, 2014 4:27 AM

Apr 2011
Seems like 2 poeple voting in this thread favourited Boku no Pico...

Great ep, this anime is getting better and better ;P
Mar 9, 2014 5:10 AM
Dec 2010
AsherFischell said:
On this episode of Overused Cliches: The Anime, our bland, stupid main character finds himself caught in the girl's bath by mistake. Can he hide himself and manage to successfully escape without being noticed? Of course he can! Tune in next week when he finds out he has a little sister who also happens to be in love with him, or something. Or maybe he finds a mech and saves his school from space nazis. No cliche is too cliche for: Overused Cliches: The Anime!

If you've already watched a lot of anime then you should have known that onsen episode is like a must have episode for every harem series to provide fanservice including this one.
Even though im totally ok with a harem series i feel like the series should have just stick with the love triangle instead of a harem.
Mar 9, 2014 6:04 AM

Jan 2014
makOYzki said:
AsherFischell said:

If you've already watched a lot of anime then you should have known that onsen episode is like a must have episode for every harem series to provide fanservice including this one.
Even though im totally ok with a harem series i feel like the series should have just stick with the love triangle instead of a harem.

thats not about what you think..this show is a harem.And according to manga readers there is even one more girl we didnt see so far
Mar 9, 2014 7:19 AM

Jan 2008
Quality onsen episode. Wonder if Shaft will shaft it. I kinda doubt it but maybe.
Mar 9, 2014 7:40 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode, I loved the school trip and knew that something wold happen, though I didn't expect Claude to to do what he did. I felt pretty tense that entire scene as Raku had some close calls, but Chitoge helping him out was great. Also, Shuu made me laugh at the end "Damn right we're opening that door right Raku?" lol

Anyway another great ep and solid season thus far, I'm very happy it has ast least 20 episodes.
Mar 9, 2014 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
CCCCUUUUURRRRVEEE!!!
dat sexy poker face xD
Mar 9, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
Baddie007 said:
OOOOOH Curve.,

Geeez did Chitoge kisses Raku's ass?

Was it his ass or his back?

Also the teacher asking the students to cop a feel, priceless.
My Candies:
Mar 9, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2013
Why do people complain about this specific anime being cliche, as though anime that isnt cliche actually exists?

This was probably the least cliche bath episode i've ever seen.

Calling Shinbou anime cliche is baffling to me.
Mar 9, 2014 12:46 PM

Feb 2014
Hahaha I've been waiting for Shuu to get some good screen time, after being the one behind half of the problems in this episode he didn't disappoint!

Call this episode a common cliche if you wish but it was a well done one. I really wasn't expecting Raku to get out of that one without anyone other than Chitoge knowing what he did. It had me nervous on edge as things kept getting worse and worse for Raku in the girl's bath!
Mar 9, 2014 12:50 PM

Mar 2014
Shuu is favorite.
Mar 9, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Why do people complain about this specific anime being cliche, as though anime that isnt cliche actually exists?

It's because this anime is built entirely out of cliches. Even some of the most derivative stories still have things that make them unique, but Nisekoi plays like it was written with a pencil in one hand and a harem playbook in the other. As you said, there's nothing wrong with things being cliched, as practically every piece of fiction you can get your hands on is often cliched or derivative in some way, but that's no excuse for a writer to not even remotely try to differentiate their work from the throngs of other people that have used the exact same ideas. Also, Shinbou had literally nothing to do with Nisekoi's story, because it's directly adapted from manga, so I don't know why you'd be baffled by someone calling it cliche just because he's involved.
TheAshmanComethMar 9, 2014 2:24 PM
Mar 9, 2014 3:27 PM

Mar 2013
Hot springs all over again!!!
i think Ichijou just broke a word record on staying underwater :)
I also liked Kirisaki and Onodera reactions on the cards games,
overall nice episode.
one question on what episode does Marika join?
Mar 9, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2013
^Well, this anime does have 20 episodes, so we will see her eventually.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 9, 2014 4:23 PM
May 2008
Nisx said:
Hot springs all over again!!!
i think Ichijou just broke a word record on staying underwater :)
I also liked Kirisaki and Onodera reactions on the cards games,
overall nice episode.
one question on what episode does Marika join?

He wasn't underwater all the time, he had a bucket on top of him, so he could go up there and breathe.

Terrible episode, IMO, almost no story development story whatsoever. The only thing that evolved here was Ichijo and Kirisaki's relationship, which was a nice turn from the last few episodes. Hope the anime will pick up the pace next week.
Mar 9, 2014 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
Ahh, ok episode I guess... I think the weakest in the last few ones.. Not enough Tsugumi I believe... Although Shuu was hilarious as alwyas.

Next week it will be half a season and still no Marika... really looking forward to her appearance
Mar 9, 2014 5:50 PM
May 2008
One thing I'm wandering, though, is the anime straying too far or staying too close to the manga? Cause I'm reading complaints about lack of Marika, which I assume to be another one of Raku's love interests. Does she appear sooner in the manga?
Mar 9, 2014 6:28 PM

Oct 2013
junp31 said:
One thing I'm wandering, though, is the anime straying too far or staying too close to the manga? Cause I'm reading complaints about lack of Marika, which I assume to be another one of Raku's love interests. Does she appear sooner in the manga?

Its following the manga fine, she will probably show up in three more episodes.

The only thing they cut is when chitoge and onodera visited raku when he was sick for jumping in the pool because of tsugumi.

Other than that the anime is following the manga fine.

And no plot progression? This episode just gave clues about the promise geez there will be no kissing yet....oh wait yes there was lol.
Mar 9, 2014 8:19 PM
Nov 2009
Chitoge kissed Raku's butt O_o?

This was a hot spring epsiode but it still had me on the edge of my seat lol.
Mar 9, 2014 8:47 PM

Jun 2013
Raku can seriously hold his breath underwater! Wonder if he does free diving lol.
Mar 10, 2014 2:16 AM

Nov 2010
This was very enjoyable, Shu's trolling and Ruri toying with Onodera
The onsen scenes were steaming and enjoyable

Best comedy so far of this

Also, 20 episodes
Mar 10, 2014 9:06 AM

Oct 2013
Nice episode

I laughed so hard with the faces when they played the card game and with claude face xD

Shuu is indeed awesome

Nisekoi is awesome
Mar 10, 2014 9:49 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah, because you can´t possibly see through water...
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 10, 2014 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
Best episode yet. I was laughing all the way through :D
Onodera's faces when they were playing cards were too damn cute :)
Mar 12, 2014 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

While repeating random sentence: It's all so forced and already seen.
The narrative is so clever to not annoy me, very funny this episode.
Plot zero, it is a turn around at the same point.
Beautiful designs that help digest the story more easily.
Ruri is epic in its outputs, I noticed that today was also the episode where the Professor Kyoko showed all her beauty! LOL
Mar 12, 2014 8:46 AM

Mar 2014
Damn I wish my field trip was like that !!
Mar 12, 2014 6:40 PM

Sep 2011
Dat ass kiss... rofl. Pretty hilarious episode with the fanservice :D.
Mar 13, 2014 2:13 PM
Jul 2013
What every good series deserves, fanservice.
Mar 13, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome I think.
Clever way to go about covering an old trope.
Mar 14, 2014 8:08 AM

Feb 2013
AsherFischell said:
SolviteSekai said:

It's because this anime is built entirely out of cliches. Even some of the most derivative stories still have things that make them unique, but Nisekoi plays like it was written with a pencil in one hand and a harem playbook in the other. As you said, there's nothing wrong with things being cliched, as practically every piece of fiction you can get your hands on is often cliched or derivative in some way, but that's no excuse for a writer to not even remotely try to differentiate their work from the throngs of other people that have used the exact same ideas. Also, Shinbou had literally nothing to do with Nisekoi's story, because it's directly adapted from manga, so I don't know why you'd be baffled by someone calling it cliche just because he's involved.

>Gives Angel Beats a 10
>Talks about cliches

I jest. It's your preference ;)

Ah, by the way, there is a difference. Practically most of the harems (the ones which actually end up with a final couple) pair the protagonist with the girl he always liked. Nisekoi, at least, isn't trying to get Onodera and Raku together (so far at least), which is a bonus. Any other girl is fine.
BernkastleMar 14, 2014 8:42 AM
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Mar 14, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2012
I think cliche of this series was intentional for comedy purposes, it didn't irritate me but instead it makes me enjoy it. .

Mar 14, 2014 3:38 PM

Sep 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
I think cliche of this series was intentional for comedy purposes, it didn't irritate me but instead it makes me enjoy it. .

You are correct sir! Like in the manga they always used to make huge deals when cliched things would happen, such as having characters mention how odd it was that their class was suddenly getting so many transfer students.

There was a sense of self awareness whenever a blatant cliche or trope was employed, but it never felt lazy because those elements were used in effective ways (in essence, there's a reason some of those things have become so commonly used).

It's one of the things that makes Nisekoi so enjoyable for me personally. And tomorrow's episode is going to have my absolute favorite scene from the manga. PLEASE DON'T FUCK IT UP is all I can say.
Mar 14, 2014 4:06 PM

May 2011
Awesome episode, definitely one of the best so far in this series! Sure, it's cliche but everything was well-executed and still funny nonetheless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
Was it just me or did Tsumugi's body look... a bit weird?
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 15, 2014 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, Raku's breath holding game is ridiculous. He was underwater for a good five minutes and he didn't even look mildly uncomfortable.
Mar 19, 2014 9:03 PM

Oct 2007
Well that was quite fun ^.^ worth watching twice..the clouds were well controlled lol
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

494 by Shyne_KZ »»
Apr 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

484 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jan 1, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

237 by Term4738 »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2014

286 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

264 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.