Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2009 6:04 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And I actually thought he was a good guy... he certainly fooled me.
Feb 25, 2011 9:28 AM

Aug 2010
Kouya is so blinded by his love for Atsuyu.. Atsuyu seems like another twisted character.. Wonder who is that old man who cant speak?
Sep 25, 2012 5:25 AM

Feb 2010
blue-y said:
Kouya is so blinded by his love for Atsuyu.. Atsuyu seems like another twisted character.. Wonder who is that old man who cant speak?

The old man who got his tongue severed was a double for Astuyu's father. He didn't want the rest of the world to see he had usurp the position. Instead, he wants them to believe the previous Lord, his father, was too sick and ill to govern the province, so it became a reason to justify him taking over.
Mar 21, 2014 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
Both of them are very twisted indeed. En was right to take them down.
Mar 26, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
Anyone who lets his subordinate put a baby in a youma's mouth to get his way is insane, clear as day. Enki should have known from the start. I kind of regret watching this arc to be honest.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 13, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2013
And this is the reason why the chosen monarchies rule instead of the Kirin.Kirin are just too ready to show mercy to everything and everyone no matter how irrational or stupid it might be.
May 2, 2015 12:05 AM
Aug 2008
I'd say it's the best episode this arc. Haven't seen that Atsuyu was like this. His father also have some sense. I'm interesting knowing what's next more than after the ending of the previous episode.
May 2, 2015 12:08 AM
Aug 2008
xchee said:
Anyone who lets his subordinate put a baby in a youma's mouth to get his way is insane, clear as day. Enki should have known from the start. I kind of regret watching this arc to be honest.

It's only 6 episodes if you'd consider the first one, And it's not that bad, Actually I've liked it as a whole, not better than the previous arc for sure, But it's better than Taiki's one.
Dec 8, 2019 3:04 AM

May 2015
Atsuyu gonna fall sonhard.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 2, 2022 9:07 AM
Nov 2020
rewatch this a few times and this is the first time I really absorb who this Atsuyu is. Even at the start of the talks I keep getting a vibe that he only listens to himself and twist what others say to what is wrong so that he can present himself against and shows he makes the right choices.
Dec 29, 2023 2:26 PM

Apr 2017
"He blames others for his failures, so he doesn't have to admit his mistakes" That line actually sums up my current issue with this arc. It's an arc that just isn't necessary anymore, or even wanted. We wanted to learn more about En at the end of the first arc, but then they moved onto Taiki for some damn reason. The second arc being replaced by this arc would've made a huge difference. Plus bits and pieces of this current arc, being in the previous arc. I mean, the line of "He blames others for his failures, so he doesn't have to admit his mistakes" was the perfect line that summed up the previous arc. Youko, Suzu, and Shoukei made mistakes and blamed others. That line was the previous arc in a nutshell. It would've hit arc during, or been great foreshadowing for, the previous arc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Mar 7, 2008

50 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 13, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 10 Discussion

kie_ - Aug 8, 2009

25 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 11, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Mar 2, 2008

51 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 10, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 5 Discussion

kie_ - Aug 8, 2009

36 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 8, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 3 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 14, 2008

40 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 8, 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.