Forum Settings
Forums
New
Should Berserk be in the anime/mnaga lists for this club?
Aug 26, 2009 10:39 AM
Jul 2008
Berserk:
A brave young warrior named Guts fights for his fortune as a mercenary on the front lines. A fated encounter unites Guts with the charismatic and deadly young man named Griffith. Leading the rogue soldiers known as the Band of the Hawk, Griffith wields his formidable force like no other. Driven by a quest for status, the Hawks exert military and social prowess the likes of which have never been seen before. The armies of Midland will quake with fear as Griffith and Guts set off on a path that will bring the world to its knees.
[Source: Season One Complete DVD Collection Back Cover]

Berserk is pseudo-psychological & philosphical medieval gore fest with an ending that has been (by some) associated with Evangelion.

Berserk carries three distinct philososphical personality types in human society:
The leader, the follower, and the loner.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 26, 2009 11:14 AM

Mar 2008
Should get around to watching this someday.
Nov 10, 2009 5:27 PM

Sep 2007
EtherealMerc said:
Berserk is pseudo-psychological & philosphical medieval gore fest with an ending that has been (by some) associated with Evangelion.
Hmm. I don't think I don't see the connection between Eva's and Berserk's endings. I agree that both endings are strange, in that they are (different from everything in the series previously), but Eva's ending was an actual, planned ending, where Berserk's just trails off into nothingness because it was the end of the season. The first episode of Berserk occurs chronologically after the last episode, so it's hard to make the argument that the Berserk anime was planning on making a proper ending of it the same way Evangelion did.

They aren't thematically or stylistically similar, as far as I can tell. Unless they're similar in some other way I'm not seeing.

Ethereal said:
Berserk carries three distinct philososphical personality types in human society:
The leader, the follower, and the loner.

Who is the follower? Caska, I suppose?
Nov 10, 2009 10:24 PM

Nov 2009
maybe its just me but i dont see why berserk wouldnt be discussed in such a club. i just joined so maybe im being naive but there is alot of depth and things to talk about with it. id say more the manga cuz all of that sort of stuff really comes into play after the series ends.

*spoiler so dont read more if you dont want to know*

edit: Use spoiler tags - that way no one will accidentally read your spoilers.
naikouNov 11, 2009 6:03 AM
Nov 11, 2009 6:06 AM

Sep 2007
starspacenirvana said:
maybe its just me but i dont see why berserk wouldnt be discussed in such a club.
There's no official policy to what can or cannot be discussed in this club. If anything, it's the other way around - make a thread about it, post some good discussion, and it'll be added to the club relations.

I added the Berserk anime yesterday after I saw this thread, for instance.

If you want to discuss the Berserk manga, be my guest. Just to remember to keep spoilers in tags like this [spoiler][/spoiler]
naikouNov 11, 2009 6:17 AM
Nov 16, 2009 1:21 PM

Nov 2009
oh cool. ive never really posted in forums so thanx for the tip.
Jul 4, 2012 12:21 AM
Jan 2009
Berserk pretty definitely warrants discussion here, it has a quite healthy level of thematic complexity. Also Miura is pretty obviously a fan of Nietszche.

And, Evangelion? Wut? The Berserk manga started in the late 80s, and the anime aired less than a year after the release of The End of Evangelion. They don't have all that much in common to begin with, but what they do is almost certainly coincidental.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Kunihiko Ikuhara + Penguins = ??? (Mawaru Penguindrum discussion)

Rosa_FOEtida - Jul 14, 2011

1 by senpaidokidoki »»
Jul 16, 2011 8:30 PM

» Discussions on the Fractale System

Rosa_FOEtida - Feb 16, 2011

2 by _laz_ »»
Jul 14, 2011 8:30 AM

» Melancholic God

Kaiserpingvin - Feb 2, 2008

12 by m4rc0 »»
Mar 12, 2011 7:40 PM

» Mandatory Madoka Magica Musings Messageboard

Rosa_FOEtida - Feb 16, 2011

17 by m4rc0 »»
Mar 12, 2011 12:31 AM

» Death of Anime-Economics Discussion ( 1 2 )

YoungVagabond - Dec 14, 2009

57 by m4rc0 »»
May 30, 2010 5:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.