Forum Settings
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2014 2:11 PM
Aug 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Another time skip
SOUUMAMar 11, 2014 12:08 PM
Mar 7, 2014 2:53 PM
Dec 2013
at least htey're only two of them unlike trhe constant misuse of timeskips that happened in KNIM.

but anyway, nice to see kasuga going back to his normal self. towika looks a little weird but still loks good. i

Mar 7, 2014 10:07 PM

Nov 2013
Well this time skip was a good one, though I feel they left the conversation with Nakamura really incomplete.

I had thought that the manga was approaching to an end but something tells me the opposite thing after reading this, don't know why. Plus, it was obvious that Tokiwa and Kasuga were going to have sex at some point. Let's see how things go from now on.
Mar 8, 2014 6:49 AM
Jan 2014
so wait is this the end now? someone needs to tell me what they were saying...please
Mar 8, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2010
if this is getting to the end, well, it won't be awful, but not what i imagined.
Mar 9, 2014 6:08 AM

Aug 2008
So basically Kasuga no longer feels the same way when he reads Aku no Hana. Also he wants to start writing something but he doesn't know where to start.

But yeah this could have been the last chapter really, not sure if it is. But obviously he's pretty much turned into a normal guy at this point (working, engaging in a healthy relationship, school life going well).

So yeah I'd imagine it's pretty much over at this point (I guess the ending quote hints for more though, but it seems like much more will just be dragging things out).
hyperknees91Mar 9, 2014 6:15 AM
Mar 9, 2014 7:03 AM

Feb 2010
Aya Tokiwa :(
Mar 9, 2014 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
Mar 9, 2014 3:16 PM
Mar 2012
Another time skip, huh. At least Tokiwa and Kasuga are still together.
Mar 9, 2014 3:33 PM

May 2013
Kasuga definitely looks livelier now. Him and Tokiwa are still together, so that's good.
Mar 9, 2014 3:33 PM
Dec 2013
alexpte said:
Another time skip, huh. At least Tokiwa and Kasuga are still together.

Yep, and I know I keep repeating myself about this but the romance AND its timeskip are way better handled than KNIM.

I wonder how their relationship and kasuga's new life are gonna play out in later chapters. Heck, where is sekai? Did he not bother with her or did she cut all connections with him?
Mar 9, 2014 3:37 PM
Dec 2013
Stark700 said:
Wow. That is all.
hyperknees91 said:
So basically Kasuga no longer feels the same way when he reads Aku no Hana. Also he wants to start writing something but he doesn't know where to start.

But yeah this could have been the last chapter really, not sure if it is. But obviously he's pretty much turned into a normal guy at this point (working, engaging in a healthy relationship, school life going well).

So yeah I'd imagine it's pretty much over at this point (I guess the ending quote hints for more though, but it seems like much more will just be dragging things out).

Yep, so far this manga keeps failing to disappoint. Glad to see everything doing the opposite of KNIM
Mar 9, 2014 4:13 PM

Aug 2008
lawl I see you are forever haunted by that manga. I do have some concern that this manga might do something silly like repeat itself when it's redundant. Mainly because that this wasn't the last chapter that I feel that way though. It makes it seem like this manga has more story to tell, but really where could it go from here?
Mar 9, 2014 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
please don't let something bad happen, please don't let something bad happen

No idea where this is gonna go now...
Mar 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing. Just how I wanted it to end up. I wouldn't be upset at all if this ends the way it is now with Tokiwa and Kasuga together.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Mar 9, 2014 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
It doesn't say how long the time skip was but seeing he has his own place I would say they are in university now since he is in Tokyo but not wearing a regular school uniform but it's hard to be sure. It really is like that though sometimes once you reread something you read years ago you see it completely differently. And I think he needed that much time before he could touch that book again.
Mar 9, 2014 5:22 PM

Oct 2013
Well, the manga is still not completed. I still expect something...or rather someone to trouble this peaceful clime around Kasuga. Nakamura and Kasuga got their closure in the previous chapter (which really felt incomplete to me), so I doubt that the author will bring her back to the game. Just wondering if Saeki (?) will make a reappearance. Would be interesting. But on the other hand, I don't want this manga to become another Kimi no Iru Machi...
V0ltgMar 9, 2014 5:59 PM
Mar 9, 2014 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
@___@ I'm a huge fan/fanboy of Aku no Hana, but (and don't nobody hate me for this) I was uber disappointed by this latest chap. *maybe I just really wanna know more about Nakamura and why she did the effed up shit she did before the "first" time skip.. or why she's so bland and lifeless when we last saw her, but NO we got another time skip without answering any of those questions -_-* (I was looking forward to this chapter all last month to see if even one Q would be answered- like what/where Sawa's dad is or doing, why she pushed Takao off the stage or SOMETHING hell anything)

I don't know if I'm mad or what... but this chapter felt so slow the first five pages were useless views of the city that could have been used for something else -overall an unusually bad chapter imo-

Oh and seeing Kasuga so damn normal at his job really hurt for some reason
fr3ddyv3gaMar 9, 2014 5:44 PM
Don't you wanna hang out and waste your life with us?
-Spike Spiegel-
Mar 9, 2014 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
I just hope everything continuous to go smoothly towards the end.
Mar 9, 2014 7:51 PM
Dec 2013
hyperknees91 said:
lawl I see you are forever haunted by that manga. I do have some concern that this manga might do something silly like repeat itself when it's redundant. Mainly because that this wasn't the last chapter that I feel that way though. It makes it seem like this manga has more story to tell, but really where could it go from here?

well there's always sakei. it'd be stupid and pointless for kasuga not to tell sakei the news relating to himself and nakamura. maybe the reason he may have not kept in touch with her was because she must've cutted all contacts with him. but we'll see how it goes.

yeah, KNIM just failed on so many levels. it's starting to fade away though. but still a crappy manga. he should've chosen any of the girls but nooooooooo he chose the anime like purple haired girl. and all they keep saying is i love you and troll us to no end like that love hotel chapter which had potential to develop haruto and asuka which would build up some drama and tension to the readers in future chapters and that arguement rin and yuzuki had in chapter 236. i mean WHO WOULD ARGUE AND GET REALLY ANGRY OVER DECIDING WHICH PRESENT TO GIVE TO A PARTNER, FRIEND, AND/OR RELATIVE!?! and the final arc was just pointless as the job hunting arc. he could've gotten the chef job right away anmd earn more money but he worked in some stupid company that doesn't pay much nor interests him. heck, he even broke up with his grifriend in such a stupid way possible and was completely out of character for him. and not once did he ever earn any consequence nor recieved any maturity. it's also amazing how most of the girls having interesting personalities and act human but yuzuki acts highly disfunctional and acts like every anime girl we've seen and read and whenever they triend to make her interesting like she was in hiroshima seo just completely missed the point of what made yuzuki so interesting of a character to begin with and just comes off as a bitch. and that premature ejaculation chapter was just painful to sit through. you're telling me haruto chose yuzuki over asuka!?! BULL!!!!!!!!

but anyway, most of the characters in aku no hana are done right and that is great for me. still, i wonder how sekai is doing right now. not only that, i wonder how kasuga's parents are doing? last time we saw them they seem to still have a struggle. i also wonder if they knew about his girlfriend considering the fact that she looks like nakamura.
Mar 9, 2014 7:57 PM
Dec 2013
ANIKI_ said:
Well, the manga is still not completed. I still expect something...or rather someone to trouble this peaceful clime around Kasuga. Nakamura and Kasuga got their closure in the previous chapter (which really felt incomplete to me), so I doubt that the author will bring her back to the game. Just wondering if Saeki (?) will make a reappearance. Would be interesting. But on the other hand, I don't want this manga to become another Kimi no Iru Machi...

i see you feel the same way about KNIM as i do. yeah, if you read my last comment you'll no what i'm talking about. i just love aku no hana so much that i hope that something interesting and well written will happen.

i too wonder what saeki is up to. maybe the reason kasuga never bothered with her was because she cutted all connections with him.
Mar 9, 2014 8:06 PM
Jul 2011
After first time I finished this chapter,It's ok for me to this manga for end at this point.
Interpret the whole story as once mess up guy/life grown out of it to become normal.(same as manga:NHK no youkoso!)

Then I reread it again since chapter 33 till 55.Still some major action/question still remains unsolved.

-So why did Nakamura push him away from double suicide? (my guess:love/care)
-Lifeless Takao after ch 34 (Even in ch 55 He still have only BLANK notebook,If he really grown out of it,he should at least write down some plots,right?)
-After page 20 in ch 54,I don't understand meaning from every single panel since then.I known why Tokiwa said that Nakamura would be nice couple with Takao.But I don't know why Takao hug Nakamura from behind and throw her to ground and... and... Don't get the meaning after all that action! Did Nakamura move on? Did Takao "really" move on? I don't know.
-Again,in ch55 Takao still not so confident in himself (page 13,14) same as always after ch 34.
-Most important is page 29,30.Definitely something inside Tokiwa mind.Insecure feeling,I sure.
Mar 9, 2014 8:23 PM
Dec 2013
fulung said:
After first time I finished this chapter,It's ok for me to this manga for end at this point.
Interpret the whole story as once mess up guy/life grown out of it to become normal.(same as manga:NHK no youkoso!)

Then I reread it again since chapter 33 till 55.Still some major action/question still remains unsolved.

-Lifeless Takao after ch 34 (Even in ch 55 He still have only BLANK notebook,If he really grown out of it,he should at least write down some plots,right?)
-After page 20 in ch 54,I don't understand meaning from every single panel since then.I known why Tokiwa said that Nakamura would be nice couple with Takao.But I don't know why Takao hug Nakamura from behind and throw her to ground and... and... Don't get the meaning after all that action! Did Nakamura move on? Did Takao "really" move on? I don't know.
-Again,in ch55 Takao still not so confident in himself (page 13,14) same as always after ch 34.
-Most important is page 29,30.Definitely something inside Tokiwa mind.Insecure feeling,I sure.

the reason takao threw nakamura was because after years of traumatization the pressure just got to him and well his feelings just shifted which make him confused at this point.

yes, it seems that nakamura moved on as mentioned by her mother and the way she's behaving. i guess she wanted to call it quits for some reason and never wants to go through that shit with kasuga again. as for kasuga mvong on, well he seems pretty normal but we'll have to waut and see to find out next month.
Mar 9, 2014 10:04 PM

Aug 2008
It was obvious he would end up with Tokiwa but this chapter make me feel more relief about it.

But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 9, 2014 10:27 PM
Mar 2014
fulung said:

Why Nakamura pushed Takao? The answer, I think, is in the first volumens: Nakamura is what people would judge as a pervert. She, probably will never be accepted for who she really is. Thats why she hates her town and everybody there, until she finds Katsuga and suddenly she doesnt feel alone, BUT he is not a pervert, he just felt natural sexual curiosity and, because of panic, he took saekis clothes with him. Nakamura kept telling him that he has a big pervert inside, because of her solitude. Katsuga, after having abandoned Nakamura (and Saeki also) that rainy day, discovers how lonely she actually is without him (Nakamura´s diary) so he became a pervert. Nakamura also realizes that there is not place in this world for a "pervert", that there is not a "other side of the mountain", that the only real escape is death (suicide). I think deep inside she knows that katsuga is not a deviant, but she tested till what point Katsuga would stay with her in the festival, and it was till a step away from death. So she pushed Takao, his only friend in the world, because he has a real chance to live a normal life and be happy. And that's how it ended happening. After the reencounter, Nakamura acted like that because she wanted takao to move on, and also she. He still is a memory of frienship, thats why she avoids him and his question. That new room in the last chapter and Tokiwa is the representation of a place in the world and happiness for Takao, thanks to an, now, old friend.
Mar 9, 2014 11:00 PM

Oct 2013
So many timmeskip, where's my angst? where?!!
Mar 10, 2014 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
Time Skip, damn.
The latest three chapters were so calm that it was actually really scary.
Kasuga and Tokiwa seem like they finally became "normal", but I feel like something will happen. Especially featuring Saeki, she's permanently messed up in the head, even getting a boyfriend that looks like Kasuga.
Mar 10, 2014 2:52 PM
Apr 2011
Nakamura the Stalker....incoming...
Mar 10, 2014 2:55 PM

Mar 2013
Another time skip? Really? Ugh, I wanted more Nakamura. This was my favourite manga, but it feels like it's going downhill.
Mar 10, 2014 5:18 PM
Dec 2013
straggy said:
Another time skip? Really? Ugh, I wanted more Nakamura. This was my favourite manga, but it feels like it's going downhill.

at least we had two.it's not like it misuses the power of timeskipping like say Kimi no iru machi.

i too agree that nakamura should've been handled more but it was a nice touch or conclusion for her. now all we have to deal with is saeki who for some reason never got in touch with kasuga. what has shee been doinbg all this time after their reunion?
Mar 10, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2012
This chapter seemed like the end. Honestly, I couldn't care less about Aya and Takao's relationship and I just want Nakamura to come back. The conversation that the three of them had felt incomplete. I mean, ''Don't ever come back here again. You're a normal person.'', then the chapter ends and we gets a time-skip? It feels incomplete.
Mar 11, 2014 7:03 AM

Jun 2009
I don't even know what to say about this manga anymore...
Mar 11, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
Im liking it this way, im glad kasuga is staying with tokiwa..

Another timeskip tho, it looks like my favorite manga is about the end soon..
I really dont know what to expect for the ending, maybe the wont end it x) and just continue progressing with the story.. Theres quite alot of unanswered questions and things id like to know more...

Nakamura, ow god.
Mar 11, 2014 12:41 PM

May 2013
Meh, just end it and focus on Inside Mari which is far more interesting for me anyway.
Mar 12, 2014 12:23 AM

Aug 2013
I love where the manags headed with kasuga and tokiwas relationship. i just wish it would show us more about sawa too. Since she was the pivotal character in the beginning i feel like the manga is just leaving all these questions about her unanswered. I wanna know!!
"When you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming Signore
Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Napoli that's amore"

Mar 12, 2014 2:13 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
As expected, they're still together :) Was not expecting to see another time skip, but I suppose it was fitting since he finally got over his past with Nakamura...and the manga couldn't really just end there since that would be way too abrupt. Now I'm just wondering what direction this manga is heading :/
Mar 12, 2014 9:35 AM

Apr 2012
idec I'm so glad he's still got a healthy relationship with Tokiwa ;~; I love her.
Mar 14, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
Recently picked up this manga, and wow this easily gets to my favourites list. I don't know how much you guys been suffering for updates.
Mar 15, 2014 5:41 AM

Feb 2014
Time skip was meh, things are going well for kasuga. I guess the manga is gonna end soon.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Mar 15, 2014 11:30 AM

Aug 2012
Ah, at first i thought it was the final chapter, since everything seemed going well for Kasuga and Tokiwa (btw i prefer her old hair). Oh well, looks like a calm before the storm, again.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Mar 15, 2014 2:22 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, I was actually a bit disappointed we didn't see any crazy stuff with Nakamura and now it time skipped again. The manga has turned into a huge let down so far.
Mar 15, 2014 11:42 PM

Feb 2010
Definitely not a fan of this time skip.
Mar 15, 2014 11:57 PM

Sep 2011
Yay their relationship is still going strong! (surprisingly)
Mar 17, 2014 5:42 AM

Dec 2012
Didn't expect the time skip but I really liked it. Tokiwa is beautiful and awesome, Kasuga is lucky to have her as a GF.

I don't know what the manga is going to focus on now. If only it wasn't monthly.
Mar 17, 2014 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
one the best and most original style of manga i have read
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 17, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
it's about moving on and getting better! I loved it<3
Mar 17, 2014 8:59 PM

Feb 2014
Wish the next chapter was already out! I was hoping to see Nakamura in this chapter.
Mar 18, 2014 4:07 PM

Oct 2013
If this is indeed the FINAL chapter, I am happy. A happy ending to a manga like this is perfect to me. Let's hope it stays this way.

However, I hope we can at least see Nakamura some more. It would suck if we never saw her again, I feel like we didn't get a good closure with her character.
Mar 18, 2014 6:27 PM

Jan 2013
I feel like something crazy might happen. I believe the timeskip was meant to set their relationship as an ongoing and healthy.
Mar 25, 2014 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
I liked the chapter. The big question, however, is if it's ending soon, and this is just some sort of extended epilogue. If there's indeed more story to come, then the conflict is almost certainly going to center on Saeki. The arc that just finished more or less resolved Kasuga's past with Nakamura; she's accepted (begrudgingly) that the deviance of her middle school years are incompatible with that of society, and has embraced what appears to be a normal life -- in other words, she grew up. When Kasuga learned that he hadn't in fact condemned her to a living hell, a huge weight was lifted off his conscience - he could finally put Nakamura behind him and move on with his life.

Saeki, though. When we last saw her, the malice and latent damage that Kasuga helped create has never really gone away. She was confident that he would stay as miserable as her, and could find bitter contentment in that one thing. Unlike Kasuga, who reconciled his past, Saeki's grief and mental instability over the period of this timeskip has probably deteriorated even further. If she truly hasn't grown up and moved on, and has kept her obsessive streak, then seeing Kasuga remain happily with Tokiwa, or really anyone for that matter, might push her over the edge. I see that as almost certainly being the central conflict for another arc.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KitKatKaz - Jun 6, 2013

82 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 37 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 2, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Explicitz - May 14, 2012

85 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 25 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 14, 2012

38 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.