Forum Settings
Forums

Manga To Love-Ru Ends Serialization on August 31

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 26, 2009 5:19 AM

Apr 2009
So its ended huh? Dont know anything about this one
Aug 26, 2009 7:09 AM

Sep 2008
eh.. really?
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Aug 26, 2009 7:28 AM

Oct 2007
Finally... I can't believe this repetitive crap went on for longer than Mx0 (-_-)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2009 8:13 AM

May 2007
So for everyone who's been reading this manga, is there an actual ending or is the ending rushed and many plot-holes still unfulfilled.

I guess I'm asking is this worth my time to read?
Aug 26, 2009 8:51 AM

May 2009
Awwwww shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2009 8:52 AM
Jan 2008
Has to be a harem ending, otherwise I will never forgive the author for the last few chapters he's put us through.

You know something's not right when you realise you're reading a series just because it's there. Unless I've been reading a different TLR nothing much has really happened for the past few volumes; it's like watching Naruto filler but even less funny.

At this point the author would really have to subvert my expectations (which aren't particularly high of this series) for me to really care any more.
Aug 26, 2009 9:37 AM

Jul 2008
O-M-G WHY?!

I can't belive that TLR ended... so SAD... I don't know what to say, why Kentaro, WHY?!
Aug 26, 2009 10:20 AM

Jul 2008
this is so sad, so i wonder how they're going to wrap this up? i'm going to miss reading a new chapter of this every week, so i wonder also what they'll replace it with?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 26, 2009 11:10 AM

Nov 2006
llxwarbirdxll said:
Seems like To-LOVE-Ru happened.
chuckle
Aug 26, 2009 11:20 AM

Aug 2007
WTF? Really? Although there has been some plot movement in the love department there is so many things un finished. How the fuck can they end it? Wow. Didn't expect it but if that's the case I'm not reading harem manga anymore. I mean at some point I was expecting a plot to come in (similar to that of reborn) but wow. I guess I should stop dreaming. An there's no way to finish everything in 2 chapters let alone tie everything up.
Aug 26, 2009 11:44 AM

Sep 2008
vindemon64 said:
So for everyone who's been reading this manga, is there an actual ending or is the ending rushed and many plot-holes still unfulfilled.

I guess I'm asking is this worth my time to read?

If you want a disappointing ending for all the hours you spent on reading this manga, yes, you should read it.

Other then that, no. There are indeed a lot of plot-holes unfulfilled, there are actually way TOO FRICKING MUCH to just end the manga like this..
Aug 26, 2009 11:56 AM

Jul 2009
If its going to be dropped, then why not to id horribly....oh wait I think the Aurthur will do that anyway.
Aug 26, 2009 11:58 AM

Mar 2009
well I guess I'm more happy than sad about the ending, but that also means no yami anymore :(

well aside from that I guess I don't care
Aug 26, 2009 12:35 PM

Aug 2008
maaaaan = 3= its so sad
im gonna miss lala, kotegawa, yami and all the others...

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Aug 26, 2009 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
It was a nice read.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 26, 2009 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
why do they have to end it i liked it so much and only 2 times riko :(
im gonna miss haruna and lala :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 26, 2009 2:20 PM

Dec 2007
They could of dragged this on even more in my book, I wouldn't of cared if they did; I enjoyed this series you get sometime to read instead of other mangas that are good or better than this one, isn't being picked up or the author is not drawing fast enough. For something you get to read every week I can't find something to complain about.
Aug 26, 2009 2:41 PM

Apr 2008
dtshyk said:
According to Weekly Shounen Jump August 31st issue, manga To-LOVE-Ru has ended. Shueisha stated that the decision was made by the authors. I couldn't find the source of the info

Considering what happened in the last few chapaters.

The manga ending is going to be rushed. Its going to either be slapped together or going to end up as a shit harem ending with all the girls around him "to be continued..."

Rushed ending is still rushed so its going to lack alot of things.

I still believe the fault lies with shonen jump, the manga was good and funny, there is now way they authors would be able to end this in two chapters. The last chapters would obviously be below par and ruin the whole series.

The manga was good, funny, and entertaining. I don't know what the hell these other people expect from a humor, ecchi, harem genre but its not healthy to have extremely high expectations. ;-)
Aug 26, 2009 2:42 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
no amount of fanservice is going to save this series....

There was no point in this series since the beginning....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 26, 2009 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
wakka9ca said:
no amount of fanservice is going to save this series....

There was no point in this series since the beginning....

Yeah because obviously you know that with your 7 chapters read stated in you profile. :-p
Aug 26, 2009 3:22 PM

May 2009
Lvhina said:

The manga ending is going to be rushed. Its going to either be slapped together or going to end up as a shit harem ending with all the girls around him "to be continued..."

I shake my fucking fist at this post my good sir.

If you do not want to be spoiled by the ending don't read the spoiler here.
Aug 26, 2009 3:32 PM

Apr 2008
Puni said:
Lvhina said:

How is it a spoiler if it didn't even happen? Hell, any "discussion" can be a form of spoiler. In that case, why don't we just "mass spoiler tag" whole threads of chapters, upcoming seasons, and episodes too or while we are at it we can just add spoiler tags to every single thread on this form because in some way or another it might spoil something for one person.

Edit: Also this thread's title in a way "Manga To Love-Ru Ends Serialization on August 31" can spoil it for people too if you look at it in a different way. I assume that if you read this post you would find discussions on what could happen and what might happen so maybe the best way around that was to not read anything beyond the first post?
LvhinaAug 26, 2009 3:36 PM
Aug 26, 2009 4:47 PM

Aug 2008
I only know one thing:

How much material was used for Magical Kyouko? :D
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 26, 2009 5:18 PM
Mar 2009
i've been waiting for this series to come to the states cause i was under the impression that Viz pick up the american publication of the series but still no To Love Ru and now its ending... this is a sad news :(
Aug 26, 2009 5:25 PM

Dec 2008
It was already pointless, so I don't really care. Less time wasted I guess lol.

And WTF you talking about plot holes, like this had so much of a plot anyway.
Aug 26, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2008
Puni said:
Lvhina said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 26, 2009 6:15 PM

Jul 2008
on scantrad.fr, they also say that HxH is rumored to restart in october, and that is overall good news. (if you insist, I might translate all, but it didn't seems that interesting, saves the information we're talking about right now)

as for TLR, I don't care about an ending, from the start it was a "plot ?, what plot ?" kind of story, and I've had my fun with the drawing of jailbait babes in lascivious poses <3 <3

now maybe the artist will do some good doujin about it and we'll all be more than (f/h)appy with that XD, because from the start, that's the only kind of satisfaction you can get off a manga with a plot like that
FtYAug 26, 2009 6:18 PM
kabe wo BREAKDOWN koeru made
yume wo TOUCHDOWN tsukamu made
sou shiawase ni naru tame ni umareta kara !
Aug 26, 2009 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
OMG NOO i knew it would end sometime
but now?
fk ending gonna be rushed too?
dam imma miss this T.T
Yami <3
Aug 26, 2009 9:35 PM

Jan 2009
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/08/27/to-love-ru-gets-that-kind-of-ending/
the harem continued...
DingDingDongAug 26, 2009 9:39 PM

Aug 27, 2009 2:20 AM
Jul 2009
Animefan009 said:
What!? Why did it end??? I had fun reading inside my bathroom every week, unbelievable... Highly disappointed, I feel so despaired...

Im curious, are u watching it with two hands or just one? =))
Aug 27, 2009 6:25 AM

Jul 2009
tamura-kun said:
Animefan009 said:
What!? Why did it end??? I had fun reading inside my bathroom every week, unbelievable... Highly disappointed, I feel so despaired...

What do you think?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 27, 2009 8:43 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
unellmay said:
tamura-kun said:
Animefan009 said:

What do you think?

this is MAL, not sankaku...but sarcasm is needed as well...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 27, 2009 1:41 PM

Jul 2009
wakka9ca said:
unellmay said:
tamura-kun said:
Animefan009 said:

What do you think?

this is MAL, not sankaku...but sarcasm is needed as well...

..................................*fap fap fap*
Aug 27, 2009 4:28 PM

Jul 2009
It's a shame, but it was getting kinda stale and I need some room freed up in my weekly manga schedule anyway XD
Aug 27, 2009 10:36 PM

Apr 2009
Rudgald said:
I think ending a 150+ chapters manga with love triangle from the very beginning, lots of love interests unresolved and the case with Lala's father there, too with a SINGLE chapter is an epic fail.

i agree =/

Aug 28, 2009 12:07 AM

Apr 2009
omfg wtf, i didnt expect such an end like this
Nov 13, 2009 3:03 AM

Sep 2008
hm, well in the polls, (about who gets Rito)

,, many answered the 'the harem'..

so, i guess the authors also decided it that way?

..but when was reading the last chapter, it surprised me because i didn't know that THAT was supposed to be the ENDING

so~so
Dec 28, 2009 5:04 PM
Jan 2009
"I shake my fucking fist at this post my good sir." That made me lmao

Poor ending. Would've been nice if it continued another 100 silly chapters and followed by a quality ending. It really had nice and light feeling to it. Nice little read every weel. But no, it had to fucking end all of a damn sudden in the middle of nowhere.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.