Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 12:30 AM

Dec 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How does this have a rating. I thought all the copies were killed.
I shall destroy and hate mankind
Mar 21, 2014 3:17 PM

Nov 2011
girlyman said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

It was shown in theaters, but a home DVD release never happened. These people probably saw it in theaters. Or they're just guessing based on the 15 minutes of footage that exists on youtube.
Jan 25, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2013
Fadeout4 said:
girlyman said:

It was shown in theaters, but a home DVD release never happened. These people probably saw it in theaters. Or they're just guessing based on the 15 minutes of footage that exists on youtube.

Some are hardcore jojo stans as well.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Feb 2, 2015 11:36 PM

Feb 2010
Some rumors I heard about this movie:
1. Speedwagon was totally erased from the story.
2. Buford and Tarkus was defeated in a few seconds.
YangbojianFeb 4, 2015 10:16 PM
May 19, 2015 8:10 PM

Apr 2013
I need to see this... PUHLEASE!!!
Nov 4, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2015
Yangbojian said:
Some rumors I heard about this movie:
1. Speedwagon was totally erased from the story.
2. Buford and Tarkus was defeated in a few seconds.

Actually, according to some guy who actually managed to see the movie, Speedwagon was in the movie, but for only two scenes. (The Ogre street fight, and Speedwagon withdraws cooly.)
Also according to this guy, Joseph Joestar made a cameo at the end when he saved Smokey from some Cops, teasing a Battle Tenancy Movie.
Nov 5, 2015 6:47 PM

Dec 2013
and the beginning is filler
I shall destroy and hate mankind
Apr 25, 2016 6:38 AM
Oct 2011
Does anyone know if the scene on the ship is included?
May 26, 2016 11:29 PM

Sep 2015
Somebody let me know if they ever find the movie lol
Your next line is "I was just pretending to be retarded".
Mar 2, 2017 8:27 PM

Jun 2013
So this is like a lost movie now right? There's no way it'll ever come out.
My signature is lame...
Nov 19, 2017 1:53 AM
Memelord Mcgee

Jun 2014
Maybe someday a lost copy will be discovered...
"Ayyy lmao" - Lil B
Jun 11, 2019 5:38 PM

Apr 2014
a re edited version is on crunchyroll
Jun 21, 2019 11:41 AM

Sep 2017
RedPlaty said:
a re edited version is on crunchyroll
Are you referring to this?

This just seems to be a re-edited version of the David Production adaptation, not this lost film. If there actually is a re-edited version of the lost film, I would love to be directed towards it.
Aug 31, 2019 11:32 AM

Nov 2016
I found this movie online but I'm pretty fucking sure it's just phantom blood anime eps put together because this is an exact copy of the anime I have been bamboozled
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

May 30, 2020 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
The film industry is a dick. This goes for all lost media cases. Don't these people see that others are dying to watch the movie? Why haven't the staff involved with the 2007 film acknowledged the large demographic of people spending copious amounts of time and effort recovering it piece by piece through extensive searches? There can't be that many legalities holding them back. I think the only explanation is a lack of care. The people involved simply don't care to exert effort into retrieving the animation. It's all probably sitting somewhere but the owner is just too lazy to bother with it. And I think they've got an obligation to share it with the world, no matter how you look at it.
May 30, 2020 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
Well... I can't fathom conquering this franchise with an entire other animated media of it having been unseen by me, even if it is lost. OCD, man. Just think... I'll never be able to say "I've seen every JoJo animation"... I'll always have to say "I've seen every JoJo animation except the 2007 movie which is considered lost media". Not as short and sweet, yanno?

As far as I'm concerned -- after watching a brief detailing of its history and this stitched together version incorporating every known available animation -- I've very well have seen the movie. It took up about an hour and a half of my day overall acquainting with and learning about all of this. I didn't see the full movie but I underwent a "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood (2007) film" experience nevertheless. I think that much qualifies me to catalog it in my watch list. I recommend others do the same if no other content is released in the future.

(Although, I must say, I'm watching the series in chronological order, from OVA'S, to this movie, and then onwards to the modern-day series. I've never read the manga. You can imagine how confused I am watching this without any context.)

Here's a nicely made video about the movie's history. To the right of it is the 20-minutes worth of recovered clips.

Things don't really seem to pick up in the movie until 8:00 (not counting the beginning text). Even without dialogue, you can tell that much.

removed-userMay 30, 2020 7:58 PM
Jan 5, 2021 9:22 AM
Oct 2018
This was a 2007 release?!? I always thought it was back in the pre-internet era, before the '97 and 2000 Stardust OVAs.

Howcome it ended up lost media, if it's such a recent release? And such a popular franchise? Weird.
Jan 17, 2021 1:12 AM

Jul 2015
I'm waiting so long. Is there a hope or not?
Apr 21, 2021 4:30 AM
The small one

Nov 2019
Seigenler said:
I'm waiting so long. Is there a hope or not?

Personally i don't think we'll ever see a full release for this. There are re edits and some recovered clips but thats all we're gonna get. I still hope they release it but I just can't see it happening. Very sad :(
Aug 7, 2022 9:34 AM

Feb 2021
So sad that this movie wasn't released on discs. I know that there this a complete adaptation from David Production of this part of the manga, but still I would like to see this movie too...

Very pity it that it doesn't exist.
Dec 23, 2022 11:57 AM

Sep 2018
AlexanderHD said:
Well... I can't fathom conquering this franchise with an entire other animated media of it having been unseen by me, even if it is lost. OCD, man. Just think... I'll never be able to say "I've seen every JoJo animation"... I'll always have to say "I've seen every JoJo animation except the 2007 movie which is considered lost media". Not as short and sweet, yanno?

As far as I'm concerned -- after watching a brief detailing of its history and this stitched together version incorporating every known available animation -- I've very well have seen the movie. It took up about an hour and a half of my day overall acquainting with and learning about all of this. I didn't see the full movie but I underwent a "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood (2007) film" experience nevertheless. I think that much qualifies me to catalog it in my watch list. I recommend others do the same if no other content is released in the future.

(Although, I must say, I'm watching the series in chronological order, from OVA'S, to this movie, and then onwards to the modern-day series. I've never read the manga. You can imagine how confused I am watching this without any context.)

Here's a nicely made video about the movie's history. To the right of it is the 20-minutes worth of recovered clips.

Things don't really seem to pick up in the movie until 8:00 (not counting the beginning text). Even without dialogue, you can tell that much.

Oh no, not LSSQ, I can't stand his stuff, it's so annoyingly bland, he's not a very good presenter, he also includes so many unnecessary details about himself in his videos, and many of his videos are just "I emailed people involved, they said they didn't know, oh well". I don't understand how he became even marginally popular.
Jul 14, 2023 7:10 AM
May 2023
Gardevoir7 said:
So this is like a lost movie now right? There's no way it'll ever come out.
There are 15 minutes on youtube, just search it
Jul 14, 2023 7:14 AM
May 2023
Apollo18 said:
This was a 2007 release?!? I always thought it was back in the pre-internet era, before the '97 and 2000 Stardust OVAs.

How come it ended up lost media, if it's such a recent release? And such a popular franchise? Weird.
I read it is lost because of a disagreement between a.p.p.p. and shueshia (Weekly shonen jump)
Sep 7, 2023 4:34 PM

Jul 2021
has anyone found the movie?

Mar 23, 8:31 AM

Mar 2016
So is this still unavailable?

More topics from this board

» Misinformation in "More Info" section

ThunderMite42 - May 26, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
May 26, 2023 10:27 PM

» Question mentioned about the movie in Junichi Hayama's interview at Japan expo

aau - Aug 22, 2022

3 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
Oct 21, 2022 10:19 PM

» I hate my life.

Dio_Brando_ - Nov 24, 2008

46 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
Oct 21, 2022 10:17 PM

» Did I find the right version in the database?

MoonSpider - Apr 21, 2020

7 by GrayZStars »»
Oct 3, 2022 1:47 PM

» 2004 Pilot Footage Found

Mangopongo - Sep 1, 2019

4 by Mangopongo »»
Sep 14, 2019 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.