Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 11, 2014 7:00 PM

Sep 2011
It's sad really; I use to love Bleach. I still read it every week and like it for the most part but it's sad just how bad it's gotten over time. Sometimes I wonder if Tite Kubo actually wrote the first couple of arcs of Bleach because the most recent chapters look like they where done by an amateur.

I was recently re-watching Bleach starting from ep. 1 till the final fight with Aizen (skipping all the filler ofc). It had been a long time since I had seen the rescue Rukia arc so I thought about watching it again to see if I was just overestimating this show back then. But no, Bleach really was fantastic back then; I mean really good as good as One Piece and in my opinion better than Naruto. It's a shame just how fast it deteriorated once the whole Captains vs Aizen fight started. I think Kubo should have ended this manga years ago. I love the Bleach universe but I rather see it end then continue to get worse like this.
Apr 12, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2010
But no, Bleach really was fantastic back then; I mean really good as good as One Piece and in my opinion better than Naruto.

I've pretty much thought the same thing for years. I loved Bleach back during the Soul Society arc, I thought it was just as good as anything One Piece or Naruto was putting out at the time.

It had some interesting characters, a lot of mystery, the Aizen twist was very good, the fights were good, it had a lot of humor.

It's got nothing like that anymore. It went downhill afterwards, infact the next two arcs the Arrancar and Hueco Mundo arc were almost an exact retread of the two arcs before it except much worse.

Kubo spends too much time on secondary characters. I hardly feel like Ichigo even appears in his own series much now. Bankai's aren't exciting because they're overused. It's 90% fighting and too little story.

The anime has so much filler because Bleach chapters are so slow paced and not much happens in them because he does about 2 or 3 panels per page and there's too little dialog.

It should have ended after the Aizen arc.
Apr 29, 2014 3:30 PM

Oct 2010
Now, in Bleach is all about fighting,
in the first arcs the story was well written, plot twists and so.
The story is too static, we found about Ichigo's past and so on,
it's kinda boring, I read it in order to finish it because I enjoyed the
first arcs until the Aizen war, after that Bleach never was the same
for me.
Apr 30, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2007
Well the fights are all dragged out and get boring. But what adds most to the problem is the weekly release and only having such a small glimpse of the bleach world each week.

When i first started bleach, i started with the anime and i did skip through a lot of minutes during fights because they took very long, but what kept me going was the main story in the long run. We got to admit that main story, we barely see anything of as the weeks go by, is golden. That music in the background the start of a fight, the climax of a fight, the end of the fight, it just gets you pumped up and keeps you stuck watching the rest of it in one go ... you can't have enough of it and unfortunately all that ends at some point. :(

There are people who write an amazing short story you read and is soon forgotten aside from the memory of having read something nice. Then there are people who write a good novel which is basically a longer short story with more details in it, but nonetheless it can be compressed into a short story regardless of the novel's length, but the fact that it's longer makes you remember it a bit longer.

Then you get these dragged out mangas/ anime series that go on for years and years. People die without ever getting to see the end of it and yet these are the stories that stay in your memory the longest because you always need to come back next week to read next chapter.
This kind of manga stay popular and perhaps gains a lot more income than a short version of bleach that would be actually more fun and interesting to read.

What i really miss and need is to have available all the chapters that are going to be released in the next 5 years or so, so i can read them in one go and then regardless of how dragged out and boring some fights may be i could always skip to the next one. And what i get at the end is a great experience reading through a great story. :)

astrozombie84 said:
yhunata said:
astrozombie84 said:
ok tell me then how long should these fights be? 2 chapters? 3 chapters?

thats not gonna work with these big panels kubo has been using lately

3 of those chapters doesn't even = a full episode worth

it might seam long and dragged out but its really not.

except the mask de masculine fight, ill admit that one was way too long.

Not a single one of these guys should've lasted for more than 1 chapter. And really, do you know why 3 chapters of Bleach isn't worth 1 full episode? Because Bleach averages 3-4 panels per page.

lol wtf are you smoking. oh i forgot ur a narutard, and they are infamous for being completely unreasonable.

also you basically just restated what i already said.
whatever though have fun hating on bleach, and generally being irrational.

laters...

nice display of double standards
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 8:49 AM

Apr 2008
scabab said:
Seriously, what's up with all these multiple chapter fights involving a secondary non important Soul Reaper and some random Quincy introduced just to fight and lose against them?

When are they actually going to get back to Ichigo or Juhabach or Uryuu, the main plot and important fights instead of all these predictable filler fights just to drag out the manga?

This has been going on since Chapter 548 and it doesn't look like it'll be over anytime soon. Now we've probably got 3 chapters of Yachiru fighting someone and who cares about her.

One Piece has these filler battles and you wouldn't even get 3 chapters of Zoro fighting someone.

I used to love Bleach but now I just can't wait for it to end.

Agreed, but let's not act like One Piece has been perfect over the years. I mean the entire Fishman arc was horrid.
May 5, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2010
I had so much tolerance for Bleach until the Fullbringer Arc. Even though, the SS arc is the best arc, I personally like the arc just after that, whatever it is called. It's not amazing at all, but I always return to that one regularly. I think the HM arc had its ups and downs, but more ups than downs for me. The Fake KK arc was probably more down that up for me, what with all the boring small fry fights. WAY too many of those.

The Deicide arc was weird and I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but I like it better nowadays. It's certainly better than the crap Kubo is churning out now. In fact, the Fullbringer arc is a breath of fresh air compared to the current slow and stale chapters.

I continue to read on because I care about the characters. I don't give a flying flip about anyone's bankai. Anything new in sword releases we're seeing is boring anyway. I want to see what's going to happen to Ichigo when it's all said and done. I can't do that if I quit reading the manga. But, Kubo is making it very hard for me to even remember to read it every week. It's just a shame.

I've been a Bleach manga fan for 7 years and old habits die hard....
May 7, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2010
I made this thread over two months ago and my original comment can still be said now. It looks like next up is another few weeks of fodder fights involving these random girls and the sad part is that even after the girls have been dealt with there's still a bunch of fodder left.

This has been going on since last September. Ichigo started heading to Soul Society in chapter 555 and I honestly can't recall if he's appeared since then. How bad is it that I genuinely have no idea if the main character has appeared in the manga since last October.

Agreed, but let's not act like One Piece has been perfect over the years. I mean the entire Fishman arc was horrid.

It hasn't been, I actually don't think it's been as good since the Whitebeard War arc but even then I'd take the Fishman Island arc over anything Bleach has had since the Aizen arc.
May 8, 2014 12:12 AM

Dec 2009
First of all I just want to say that I like the thread title..."The manga is terrible right now" LOL

i think the word "terrible" is too strong to describe it, more like "boring".
The pace of the manga is too slooooooooooow. I haven't seen Ichigo since forever.
I know that since this is the last arc, Kubo is trying to lengthen it but this is too much. This is procrastination in a very annoying way.
May 14, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2012
smh, this has been pretty bad for a while now. Can't believe we're still getting random fights for 3-4 chapters every week, then going to another random fight! no plot progression at all hardly, jeez. the least he could do is actually switch to different settings each week instead of getting the same boring fights for 5 chapters. haven't even seen ichigo since last year. shit, haven't seen urahara and them for like 2 years, haha.
Aug 29, 2014 1:30 PM

Apr 2010
Almost another four months on from my last post and the manga is still full of fodder battles. Just when you think that there's only a few fodder left they now start bringing in zombies and just add more fodder to deal with.

I thought when Ichigo showed up it'd be the end of this nonsense but nope it's still the same boring shit.
Aug 29, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 2012
final chapter of bleach is when they defeated aizen.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 29, 2014 3:46 PM

Aug 2014
ninjastarforcex said:

Yes. This manga should have finished with the Arrancar Arc.

If I still read this is because I want to see Grimmjow again.
Kubo dont know what to do with Bleach.
Aug 29, 2014 5:42 PM

Aug 2014
Kubo you really have to do something...
I'm not amused at all reading the latest chapter even with loads of Mayuri shenanigans..
Yep, Bleach should have ended after Aizen defeated even though I hate how the fight ended.. Aizen crushed almost all other shinigamis and then get one-shotted by Ichigo. seriously?
Sep 14, 2014 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
scabab said:
How bad is it that I genuinely have no idea if the main character has appeared in the manga since last October.

Wow, now that made my day.
Maybe Tite is considering switching MC to boost sales?
Quick guys, post last popularity poll results to shed some light on this lol.
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Sep 14, 2014 5:23 PM

Mar 2014
Cancerous thread is cancer.
Sep 18, 2014 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
I have problem with the sternritters, they are really sooo boring characters. I don't even feel like remembering their names or anything. I wouldn't mind the slow pacing if they were at least a bit more interesting.
Sep 18, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2010
I just hate that there's so damn many of them.
Sep 18, 2014 5:02 PM
Jan 2014
because the sternritters have the same number as the alphabet, you will not have all of them interesting , some of them are going to be weird , some are going to be shit , some that are fodder , some mysterious ones, etc etc... the remaining sternritter will be tools to juha so i doubt they will have any development ,,,,
Sep 18, 2014 7:44 PM

May 2008
I agree. It used to be a good manga with the main characters not disappearing for a long time like in this arc. I used to have fun reading the manga but now I'm just waiting for the story to end.
Sep 19, 2014 8:07 AM

Feb 2008
Bleach's problem is it throws too many characters at you, that it depreciates their value. These battles and the characters' stories could be interesting sure, but they aren't because Kubo tries to do too much at one time. I agree with one poster in this thread, Bleach should have ended after the Aizen arc. Everything after it has been painful.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Sep 19, 2014 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
ninjastarforcex said:

/fact. xD

Jokes aside, the manga is more like boring. It isn't that terrible, it still has some enjoyable dialogues and fights (rarely). The pace is extremely slow, it just shows Kubo desperately trying to milk the series.
Sep 24, 2014 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
Even though this arc has been pretty shitty, I still want to see it animated. I miss watching Bleach, it had a great soundtrack and out of the big 3 it was the best animated. The fights were always pretty fun to watch. Still amazed that Naruto Shippuuden is still airing, considering how bad the manga has gotten and how awful the anime has been over the years with all it's filler. Not that Bleach is that much better, I guess Naruto still sells well enough to keep the anime airing.
Sep 3, 2015 12:26 AM

Apr 2010
I just gotta bump this. In the original post I said this

"Seriously, what's up with all these multiple chapter fights involving a secondary non important Soul Reaper and some random Quincy introduced just to fight and lose against them?"

That was a whole year and a half ago that I said that. It is STILL true. Mayuri, a secondary character has been fighting some arm for about 7 chapters so far without it being over yet.

And you already know what's going to happen after it ends. There will be ANOTHER multi chapter long fight with Grimmjow fighting the gay Aizen sternritter then there's the other 2 elite sternritter.

Miraculously this manga has actually gotten worse since I made this thread. To be fair it did pick up a little bit when the filler fights had ended, I thought we were finally going to move on, maybe Ichigo would finally do something.

No we've gone back to the filler fights already.
Sep 3, 2015 1:59 AM

Jun 2013
Yeah the manga ain't that good now, it's a shame because I used to like it.
Sep 3, 2015 4:14 PM

Sep 2013
^typical bandwagon comment.

It shows how good of a writer Kubo is, he can make a story without depending on the mc's every time.
What if luffy was out for 20+ chapters?

And mayuri is one of the most popular captains XD
and new characters are needed to expand any series.

"why are they showing popular characters? why are new characters showing up" XD
Thank the lord that you aren't writing any series I read XD
Sep 3, 2015 4:52 PM

Apr 2010
He's that good a writer that Bleach is always near the bottom of the Weekly Shonen Jump rankings and the sales of his series are going down every time a volume comes out.
Sep 7, 2015 6:32 PM

Jan 2015
metsujin said:

Fairy Tail pic
Sep 7, 2015 6:34 PM

Jan 2015
scabab said:
He's that good a writer that Bleach is always near the bottom of the Weekly Shonen Jump rankings and the sales of his series are going down every time a volume comes out.

Pay attention ichii_1 this is a hater (not the people who point out that Bleach is on a decline), but the people who wish for a series they continuing reading despite not liking it for years to be cancelled.
Sep 7, 2015 7:19 PM

Jan 2015
scabab said:
Seriously, what's up with all these multiple chapter fights involving a secondary non important Soul Reaper and some random Quincy introduced just to fight and lose against them?

When are they actually going to get back to Ichigo or Juhabach or Uryuu, the main plot and important fights instead of all these predictable filler fights just to drag out the manga?

This has been going on since Chapter 548 and it doesn't look like it'll be over anytime soon. Now we've probably got 3 chapters of Yachiru fighting someone and who cares about her.

One Piece has these filler battles and you wouldn't even get 3 chapters of Zoro fighting someone.

I used to love Bleach but now I just can't wait for it to end.

Bleach is far from perfect, but I can't take anything you say about quality seriously, seeing as how you think Naruto is a 10/10 series....
Sep 8, 2015 3:41 AM

Apr 2010
What a childish argument. "B-but you gave (random anime x) a 10 so your opinion don't count!".
Sep 8, 2015 3:42 AM

Apr 2010
chrisbj said:
metsujin said:

Fairy Tail pic

Oh and now I see this so it seems like this is a common response from you which of course means you can't be taken seriously either.
Sep 8, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
scabab said:
chrisbj said:

Fairy Tail pic

Oh and now I see this so it seems like this is a common response from you which of course means you can't be taken seriously either.

You gave NARUTO a 10, N-A-R-U-T-O.

10=Masterpiece, which means you think Naruto is a masterpiece, both Bleach and Naruto are mediocre at best......

Anyone who thinks a heavily flawed series such as Naruto is a 10 should not be criticizing the quality of any other series, no matter how bad said series may or may not be....
Sep 8, 2015 11:08 AM

Jun 2011
chrisbj said:

10=Masterpiece, which means you think Naruto is a masterpiece, both Bleach and Naruto are mediocre at best......

Anyone who thinks a heavily flawed series such as Naruto is a 10 should not be criticizing the quality of any other series, no matter how bad said series may or may not be....
There may be bias in play in rating a series, such that Naruto being the childhood series and the gateway to anime for many people. A 10/10 series is a masterpiece to some but a complete shit to another.

We should judge a person's opinion based on what he writes, not how he rates. If you think that he's wrong, feel free to correct him, but don't judge a person you don't know.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 8, 2015 11:10 AM

Sep 2014
People are just now realizing this?
Sep 8, 2015 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
chrisbj said:

Were not talking about Naruto or what I think of Naruto. Were talking about Bleach. It doesn't matter what I think about other series. Maybe I don't rate titles on the same scale as what this does.

Maybe I don't think it's a masterpiece, maybe I realise the flaws but vote based on how much I like the series as opposed to the critical quality of the series.

Either way it doesn't matter. Your retort was childish and fanboyish.

Like the guy above said, complain about my complaints not this "oh but you rated..."
Sep 8, 2015 1:22 PM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Well I'm still here to see everyone bankai. Kyouraku, Ukitake, Zaraki, and pretty much any other character that haven't use their bankai yet. This include Hisagi who even get KO'ed before using bankai.
Sep 9, 2015 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
I'm trying my best to catch up to the series, but its very difficult since the manga isn't that interesting ATM. And it seems from the comments here, future chapters also wont be that inyeresting. Bleach is not a bad series though, hopefully when im caught up I wont eat my word on that statement.
Sep 16, 2015 4:31 PM

Apr 2010
Your profile says your up to chapter 490. It's around chapter 550 where the huge decline begins and has continued for the last 90 chapters or so.

It's also where the sales started to drop because seemingly a lot of people thought the same.
Sep 17, 2015 6:18 PM

Jan 2015
keragamming said:
I'm trying my best to catch up to the series, but its very difficult since the manga isn't that interesting ATM. And it seems from the comments here, future chapters also wont be that inyeresting. Bleach is not a bad series though, hopefully when im caught up I wont eat my word on that statement.

Things have been picking up in the last 40 or so chapters and it's been great, but it was pretty slow for the 50 chapters before that, and amazing the 70 chapters before that... .....
Keep reading and if you like it keep going, if not drop it.....
Sep 17, 2015 6:20 PM

Jan 2015
scabab said:
chrisbj said:

Were not talking about Naruto or what I think of Naruto. Were talking about Bleach. It doesn't matter what I think about other series. Maybe I don't rate titles on the same scale as what this does.

Maybe I don't think it's a masterpiece, maybe I realise the flaws but vote based on how much I like the series as opposed to the critical quality of the series.

Either way it doesn't matter. Your retort was childish and fanboyish.

Like the guy above said, complain about my complaints not this "oh but you rated..."
you have no credibility when calling a flawed series terrible when you look at another flawed series as a masterpiece.....
chrisbjSep 17, 2015 6:25 PM
Sep 25, 2015 8:36 PM

Apr 2010
This is about the series, not about making butthurt comments just because what I have to say about the series. Let's try to grow up a little ok.
Sep 26, 2015 8:04 AM

Sep 2013
Aye, the mayuri x pernida fight was GOOD :)
character development with action? :O unheard of in series like dbz.

the art too <3 really nice, szayel looks so fresh compared to his last appearance, Kubo stepping his art up, not like he has to thou with series like one piece as competition XD
Sep 26, 2015 5:05 PM

Apr 2010
Yet still stayed at the bottom of the rankings :(

I guess people weren't too impressed with a 10 chapter long fight involving an hand. I wonder why....
Sep 26, 2015 9:00 PM

Sep 2013
rankings don't matter for bleach anymore, just like hxh :P

proof?
the favorite polls in the fanbook had alot of the current arcs fights at near top and the ranking was still down which means the rankings are not accurate and left down on purpose by the editors

GG

p.s. the hand fight was still more entertaining than the entire db super XD
Sep 26, 2015 11:19 PM
May 2015
ichii_1 said:
rankings don't matter for bleach anymore, just like hxh :P

proof?
the favorite polls in the fanbook had alot of the current arcs fights at near top and the ranking was still down which means the rankings are not accurate and left down on purpose by the editors

GG

p.s. the hand fight was still more entertaining than the entire db super XD

Why would you even bring up dB super, you give the bleach fan base a horrible rep, on top of that you're a toriko tard.
Sep 26, 2015 11:34 PM

Apr 2010
ichii_1 said:
the favorite polls in the fanbook had alot of the current arcs fights at near top

https://www.facebook.com/OnlyBleach/posts/1039406642749858:0

Poll lists secondary fights only. Of the top 20 fights only a mere 2 of them are from the Blood War arc so your lies aren't proof of anything I'm afraid.

Why would you even bring up dB super, you give the bleach fan base a horrible rep, on top of that you're a toriko tard.

He gets defensive so he lashes out at Dragon Ball because my avatar is from Dragon Ball. It doesn't work of course, Dragon Ball is at least still popular unlike the sinking ship that is Bleach.
Sep 26, 2015 11:46 PM

Jan 2013
People should just drop manga they don't like. I feel so free after not having to read through this bs series anymore.
Sep 27, 2015 1:22 PM
May 2015
CondemneDio said:
People should just drop manga they don't like. I feel so free after not having to read through this bs series anymore.

^this
Oct 31, 2015 9:35 AM

Feb 2015
If you guys hate random battles against fodder enemies that take forever you should never read JoJo... lol

I actually think Bleach handles the monster of the week thing better than JJBA.
Oct 31, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2011
JonasTheJay said:
If you guys hate random battles against fodder enemies that take forever you should never read JoJo... lol

I actually think Bleach handles the monster of the week thing better than JJBA.

I just have read the first 2 parts of that and most of them have a purpouse, it's get worse in part 3 onwards then?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.