Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 5, 2014 10:17 AM

Feb 2010
So apparently this got a full BD release recently with 3 new episodes, 2 of them seem to be phone-only (whatever that means) so I'm not sure if they should go in the DB, as for the 13th it's a completely new episode. Should I add them all in one OVA entry or only the 13th episode (would be weird because 11 & 12 wouldn't be in the DB at all).
Any ideas?

Also episodes 11 & 12 are apparently gonna be aired in april, but not sure about episode 13. Does this still make this an OVA or more like a Special?
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 6, 2014 12:14 AM

Jan 2011
The 2 episodes being phone-only means they were available for viewing on mobile phones only.

Like Gokicha or Koiken which was only shown on mobile phones (the latter was aired on TV at a much later date).

So the Hipira ones would be ONAs. A 'sequel' entry that's whatever date they were originally released for mobile phones. And a shout-out in the More Info section about them being released on the DVD/BD and how they're going to air on TV too at a later date would be good too.

As for episode 13, it would be a separate single entry sequel of the ONA entry with the date of the DVD/BD release. Though I think it would be classified as a Special not OVA. Since it's released along side the TV series rather than by itself or on a separate disc.

Fuck yes more Hipira!
Mar 6, 2014 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
lanblade said:
The 2 episodes being phone-only means they were available for viewing on mobile phones only.

Like Gokicha or Koiken which was only shown on mobile phones (the latter was aired on TV at a much later date).

So the Hipira ones would be ONAs. A 'sequel' entry that's whatever date they were originally released for mobile phones. And a shout-out in the More Info section about them being released on the DVD/BD and how they're going to air on TV too at a later date would be good too.

As for episode 13, it would be a separate single entry sequel of the ONA entry with the date of the DVD/BD release. Though I think it would be classified as a Special not OVA. Since it's released along side the TV series rather than by itself or on a separate disc.

Fuck yes more Hipira!

Ah, thanks that was very helpful. I thought phone-only maybe meant it's like a drama CD with some stills and you only hear them talking.

I tried to add them to the DB now, probably made some mistakes because it's my first time though.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 6, 2014 5:02 PM

Jan 2011
It's all good, the mods will work it out.
Shoot me a message when you get a confirmation email of it being approved for the DB. I'd like to add both to The Shorts Club (Specials) once they're available or else I'll forget. :D

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8684 by Psychomorphosis »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

681 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Yesterday, 7:33 AM

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Apr 23, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.