Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 24, 2009 5:09 PM
May 2009
Rewatching this, I believe that this series is 'somewhat' underrated. The main point being the ideals and factions of Athun and Durandal.

Durandal, Seed and The Destiny Plan
Fact-Gundam, UC0079 was a reinactment of WWII(basicaly and it was shouted), Seed was aswell, maybe even more so with the nukes.

A common idea is that 'OMG, DESTINY REHASHES SEED!!! NOEZ!!!' This is untrue. 1- Seed was a 'gene' war, or in current terms, a racial based war.
2- There is always lingering tension after this type of war.
3- Destiny is the aftermath of people who linger on the old rulers and the war against an idealistic madman.

To but it realy bluntly, while Seed was a metaphor, and a thinly vieled one at that, of Racial Prejudice and Nazism, Destiny is not. Destiny is a metaphor for another kettle of fish. Communism. While Seed had 'lil hitlers' on both sides, Durandal is a charasmatic Marx turned Mao/Stalin. Destiny isn't that obvious with it, hence why his being the big bad is kind of odd, but it makes sence in context.

So to summerise, Seed-WWII, Destiny-Realy odd take on Communism/Cold War.

Athrun and his Alligiance.
Let's face facts, Athrun is a popular character because he feels more real than any other characters, except maybe Shinn, who is so real he's detestable. Kira/Lacus are too idealistic and machine like, they don't feel real. Kagalli is a stupid cow who lives in a fantasy world, which turns out to be reality in the story(ZAFT ammassing arms for War, not Defence).

Look back to what I said about Durandal, he is very charasmatic and what he said at the time made sence. It is no real leap of faith to believe that he'd want to fight for what he believes is right, at the time.

The God Mod Gang(Archangel) only knew of what they knew, Zaft was trying to kill Lacus. Athrun had no way of knowing this. What I am trying to get at is that Athrun's heel face turn felt right, at the time, which is why with more infomation, he heel face turned right back.

As for Neo, massive mistake of epic preportions. I will agree with anyone who hates this choice.
Oct 20, 2009 10:56 PM
Jun 2008
well just some people was so "blah" on gsd besides it was part of gundam 25th year in 04 & some "blah" really total disrespect.

besides GS series main focus was characters really characters are important too ya know.

really then later on became GS originals characters vs new GSD characters besides remember director's writer/wife had a cancer history problem.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 21, 2009 2:25 PM

Feb 2009
See what're you doing is defending the paper version of Destiny. The problem with Destiny is the execution. The people behind Destiny had some good ideas, they just didn't handle them well. At all.

For one, there's just some serious amounts of stupid floating around this show:

Athrun: Kira, stop flying into the middle of a battle and shooting the crap out of both sides. It's just stupid.
Kira: But Cagalli is crying!

Seriously, what the fuck?

Secondly, characters are just not handled well at all. Athrun is pretty much right for the most, if not all, of the series. Yet he spends the the first two thirds mopping and pretty much being useless. Cagalli spends the whole series crying, in stark contrast to her seed running around the desert blowing shit up. Lacus, once again, has about as much depth as a puddle and somehow is able to sway almost anyone by giving some garbage speech fit for a ten year old.

Then there's Shinn and Kira. Shinn could have been a great character if he was handled well. Instead he was sidelined right when he was at the peak of maturing and instead we got Kira. Now Kira has never been a particularly good character. In the seed his development was pretty much predictable and he basically fit a generic shonen lead with his 'I fight to protect my friends' attitude. In Destiny he goes from mediocre to just plain suck. Seriously, the dude has no personality whatsoever. And yet claims the spotlight for the final third of the show. Meanwhile Shinn basically becomes a secondary antagonist.

Thirdly, there's plot and pacing. Let's just say they both started to struggle around when Kira came back into the spotlight, and completely fell apart in the last ten or so episodes. There's just too many problems with the plot to call it good, and the staff being rushed/behind schedule isn't enough to explain all the problems it had.

Fourth of all, people don't die when they're killed.

Finally, the animation. Recaps. Flashbacks. Stock footage. Crappy character designs. Inconsistent character animation. That about sums it up.
Oct 24, 2009 9:05 PM
Jun 2008
oh geez by rate you way blame the people that worked on gsd???

what have been you watching these days besides GSD was part of GUNDAM 25TH YEAR IN 2004!!!

really GSD was doing it best for the fans besides GS series was 1st gundam series to get 2nd tv series season besides unless other gundam MAIN FOCUS WAS ON CHARACTERS, STORY, DRAMA, EMOTION, ETC besides i remember that it was J-drama of gundam.

besides remembers characters are important too than machines.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 27, 2009 12:42 PM

Feb 2009
Sorry dude, I can't understand your first two sentences. Or quite a bit of the rest of your post actually.

As for what I did get, it does't really matter what Destiny's focus was, since none of it was handled well.

And yes, characters are important too. Which is one of the reasons Destiny blows: the characters sucked.
CadarnOct 28, 2009 9:28 PM
Oct 28, 2009 11:58 PM
Jun 2008
5yrs really look i've watching GS seriex for 5 freakin years besides you people are just watching gundam for those mecha machines.

besides for me i watch GS series for the story, characters, sounds, voices, & lacus especially her dub voice of chantal strand.

really besides GSD was part of GUNDAM 25TH YEAR IN 2004 really no love for 25th year of gundam???
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
Oct 29, 2009 10:28 AM

Feb 2009
My two favorite Gundam series are Turn A and War in the Pocket. Clearly I'm not just in it for the mechs.

Moreover, story and characters are the most important part of an anime as far as I'm concerned. The story and characters of Destiny suck.

And no love the 25th year of Gundam if they celebrate it by churning out a pile of garbage.
CadarnOct 29, 2009 10:32 AM
Oct 29, 2009 9:49 PM
Jun 2008
geez look i've been watching anime since mid 90s & only gundam series i seen were wing, 00, sd gundam force, & GS series.

& of those 4 GS is by far something to me really it just GS series was J-drama of gundam era.

really other gundam were too bit on mecha but GS was about characters & story really the important of anime.

yet you & other blam GS series just don't have any taste, knowing, or understanding the GS.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
Oct 31, 2009 10:22 AM

Feb 2009
GS_LC7 said:
yet you & other blam GS series just don't have any taste, knowing, or understanding the GS.

Yeah, that's clearly what my problem is.

Alright dude, I think I've indulged you enough. Unless you actually type up something worthwhile I'm not going to bother replying anymore.
Nov 1, 2009 12:25 AM
Jun 2008
oh come look at GS series 100eps with 7 special edtion, final plus & 2 fan discs that back in 2002 that is 7 years already really most of this decade was GS time.

besides GS main focus was not about mecha in fact it REAL focus was on story, characters, drama, emotion, etc hey GS had a who's who seiyu list in it.

really look at compare with 00 vs GS it fact GS had done more that 00 could do as of now.

& yet i have all 100eps, 7 special edtion, & final plus on dvd really besides i'm a freakin GS person aka MR.GS

yet one thing still i like about GS was lacus' dub voice really she was 16 in 2004 was GS is shown in dub yet both strand & lacus were in GS dub in 2004 even better yet her voice was by far one of the best voices i've ever heard in my life.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
Aug 20, 2014 11:14 AM

Feb 2013
LOL..............Shinn.........real?????................I wonder what reality you live in
Aug 20, 2014 5:43 PM

Jul 2008
vongola-undecimo said:
LOL..............Shinn.........real?????................I wonder what reality you live in

LOL shit man i was laughin my laughin my ass off at this comment
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 50 Discussion

Symphonica - Aug 6, 2010

38 by Andiuxy »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 9 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 10, 2010

14 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Mar 26, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 10, 2010

17 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Mar 25, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 45 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 2, 2010

14 by Maria1988 »»
Mar 23, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 44 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 2, 2010

20 by Maria1988 »»
Mar 23, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.