Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2014 7:58 PM

Dec 2012
One last thing - why are people wanting Rikka to grow up? I doubt that's going to happen. (mind you I haven't read the LN, manga, or whatever.) I personally believe it would suck if Rikka grew up. I like her Chubo moments. Plus I like it when she flips back and forth from Chubo to the cute "yuuta scenes." Her "yuuta" voice just makes me melt! lmao. But the appeal to this entire show is the whole Chubo thing.

EDIT: Also have to agree with Akichi. Shichimiya definitely isn't bone headed, or "innocent" when it comes to her feelings and how promiscuous people are at that age. She blew Rikka out of the water lol. Same goes for Yuuta as well. She imagines going all the way with Yuuta while Rikka get's all warm and fuzzy over holding hands and kissing him on the cheek lol!
xPreatorianxMar 6, 2014 8:02 PM
Mar 6, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2013
xPreatorianx said:
One last thing - why are people wanting Rikka to grow up? I doubt that's going to happen. (mind you I haven't read the LN, manga, or whatever.) I personally believe it would suck if Rikka grew up. I like her Chubo moments. Plus I like it when she flips back and forth from Chubo to the cute "yuuta scenes." Her "yuuta" voice just makes me melt! lmao. But the appeal to this entire show is the whole Chubo thing.

EDIT: Also have to agree with Akichi. Shichimiya definitely isn't bone headed, or "innocent" when it comes to her feelings and how promiscuous people are at that age. She blew Rikka out of the water lol. Same goes for Yuuta as well. She imagines going all the way with Yuuta while Rikka get's all warm and fuzzy over holding hands and kissing him on the cheek lol!

Well more than grow up I'd like her to have some balance. It gets annoying when she's in Chuuni mode all the time to the point she can't operate as a human being. It makes hard to relate with her.

In that aspect I preferred Satone this season as she can act Chuuni or serious when needed.

And wow that Satone really goes to the deep end when in love, XD

About Yuuta, I remember he was far more caring about what happened to Rikka in S1 or at least less oblivious. He looks more generic this season or is it just my imagination?
Mar 6, 2014 8:37 PM
Mar 6, 2014 8:52 PM

Aug 2012
Ehh..sadly the only thing that lost its powers is this series. Or maybe just KyoAni. I can appreciate what they're going for, but it just doesn't connect like the first season.

sssss465 said:
What if I want Satone to win?

http://mrsbournesyear11.edublogs.org/files/2013/09/youre-gonna-have-a-bad-time-zf0hm0.jpg
Mar 6, 2014 8:55 PM

Dec 2011
Yes. Yes. Satone's feelings are coming back. I want her to get in the way between Yuuta and Rikka. This is how it should have been from the start she was introduced!

Love to see Touka back... and even duking it out with Kuzuha in cooking.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 9:02 PM

Aug 2012
Hase0 said:
Touka's body hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nibutani's body mmmmmmm

This season is still lacking, I would prefer it if Rikka moved away from Chuunibyou in the end and grows up, in Rikka's case all it's doing is disguising her emotions in an eccentric way and letting little character development happen.

It's good to see Satone in the end realize she still has feelings for him, up to now she's been a forgettable character - I was looking forward to genuine discontent between her and Rikka and wanted to see her used to develop Rikka and Yuuta's relationship.

I'm also kind of missing Isshin, it was pretty enjoyable seeing him go after Kumin. If Rikka X Yuuta isn't going to go anywhere, I wish there was another couple that did!
Mar 6, 2014 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
Touka best girl. Almost gave me a heart attack for a moment when she said that it was her daughter. "DAMMIT NETORARE YOU ALMOST GOT ME THERE".

From another perspective, this anime actually chronicles the struggles growing up and maturing. Except for every step Rika takes forwards she rolls back 3. Having now passed a season and half, she might as well have started running backwards from the start.
Mar 6, 2014 9:42 PM

Apr 2012
Chokko said:
What a meh ep.
I really can't stand this girl.

I can't really stand any of the Chuuni's in this show...
Mar 6, 2014 9:59 PM

Jun 2013
Ahh the beach episode. Satone's laugh is still very annoying
Mar 6, 2014 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
Deko-chan, 10/10
Mar 6, 2014 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
Faust91x said:
xPreatorianx said:

Well more than grow up I'd like her to have some balance. It gets annoying when she's in Chuuni mode all the time to the point she can't operate as a human being. It makes hard to relate with her.

In that aspect I preferred Satone this season as she can act Chuuni or serious when needed.

And wow that Satone really goes to the deep end when in love, XD

About Yuuta, I remember he was far more caring about what happened to Rikka in S1 or at least less oblivious. He looks more generic this season or is it just my imagination?

I don't think anyone watching this show can identify with Rikka unless you have a case of "chuunibyou" yourself.

Rikka, Dekomori, and Satone are all extreme cases of chuuni. You can't apply normal people's logic for them. In any case it's not like they are completely dysfunctional to the real world as you implied. Rikka simply likes to act chuuni but it's not like she doesn't have any common sense (like how she realized that it'd be dangerous to try catching Cento's sword without using both eyes. It's a small example but if she's as bad as you implied, she'll act all Jao Shingan and try to catch it pretending she can see).

The fact that she's becoming more and more conscious of her romance life is enough prove that she's growing. That she lost her power temporarily in this episode also showed that there's a side of her that wants to (and can) be normal in order to make her relationship with Yuuta more fulfilling and serious. At the same time I don't think it's right for Rikka to completely drop her chuuni persona ever because that would change her into someone who's not "Rikka", basically changing the person that Yuuta fell in love with in the first place (Yuuta told Touka that he loves Rikka because she has something he has lost).
Mar 6, 2014 10:17 PM

Oct 2008
YES! love triangle starts now!!
Mar 6, 2014 10:29 PM

Jan 2011
So, we are all still watching this just for Nibutani and Touka?
Mar 6, 2014 10:47 PM

Aug 2012
Am I the only one that found the fanservice kinda disappointing? I mean Touka was fine, but Nibutani just looked lazily drawn and lacked the detail her body deserves. Kumin was okay I guess. Could have been a lot better, I think more effort was put into Deko for some reason..
Mar 6, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2010
Seems like they're taking Season 1's story, altering it somewhat and swapping Satone for Rikka. Because it seems like the same thing that happened with Rikka in S1 is now happening to Satone.

What is really weird is ep. 9 in both seasons is where Rikka/Satone realized that they're in love with Yuuta. Only difference is that Satone doesn't have an older sister trying to get her to grow up.
Mar 6, 2014 11:45 PM

Apr 2012
Touka is hawt.
Rikka got a big upgrade lol
Satone love triangle drama soon...... but 150% sure Rikka x Yuuta is canon
Still an average/disappointing sequel.......
zzzeallyMar 6, 2014 11:48 PM

Mar 7, 2014 12:42 AM
Jan 2011
Oh, looks like Touka was able to find love in Italy, btw nice bikini fanserver on her.
Mar 7, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty disappointed that Rikka made the decision to be both chuuni and lovers. Some may prefer her chuunibyou moments but I wanted to see her gradually grow out of it. I got my hopes up at the start and then everything reverts back. I probably shouldn't have been surprised since this kind of thing happens for just about every development event in this show.

The only good thing was Satone realizing her feelings for Yuuta again (and that Deko x Nibutani bed scene :P).
I've been waiting for this kind of development for Satone ever since she was introduced. With the way things were going, her only role seemed to be that of an advice friend. Took maaaany episodes but finally, we get to this point.

Sadly, despite wanting Satone x Yuuta badly, I know it's impossible. I really don't care for Rikka. Never liked the romance between her and Yuuta, especially not the way it was depicted this season.
Mar 7, 2014 12:54 AM

Aug 2013
Oh come on. This season really became a generic slice of life show. That beach episode really proved it. It's loosing its uniqueness. 1st season was way much better and there was an actual storyline. And Kumin's voice pisses me off.
Mar 7, 2014 12:55 AM

Jan 2009
touka is sexy hot
Mar 7, 2014 1:30 AM

Aug 2013
Deko-chan clinging onto Nibutani while sleeping <3

TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA TOUKA!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 7, 2014 1:43 AM

Jun 2008
kuuurt said:
Satone only just now realizes she wants to get drenched in Utah's Salt Lake? I thought she knew all along.

LOL
Mar 7, 2014 2:15 AM

Aug 2012
some pretty funny moments and glad to see touka back but the autism power up just illustrates the regression of rikka's character development in this season. thought we'd see her real personality show cased but at this point im not sure if rikka even has one.
Mar 7, 2014 2:38 AM

Nov 2010
Disrielpointed

The moment I saw the seaside cafe it reminded me of "Ika Musume" and wishing for another season of that
It was highly enjoyable to me this time the trip to the seashore
Touka reappearing with her 'daughter' Cento was adorable

The version up of Rikka was awesome with the help of Shichimiya
Complicated now with her realizing her love for Yuuta too
Mar 7, 2014 3:16 AM
Feb 2014
I really would have prefered the episode NOT happening at the beach. Fanservice isn't a problem to me, but the plot doesn't really fit the setting.

Satone mentioned that "change is not change, goodbye is never goodbye", but I think the more Satone thinks of what she could have done with Yuuta if she chose romance over chuunibyou, the more her motto fails to stand.

How will Satone react in the upcoming 3 episodes is the main drama. What will happen? I rather want the ending simliar to the one in Volume 2 of the light novel. (Read it yourself if you want to know more).

And please Yuuta, be a bit more active, even Toka is surprised by the slow development. I would say that even Rikka is more active than him....

BTW I quite enjoyed the duel between talented Italy-trained Takanashi Toka and young masterchef Togashi Kuzuha :) I didn't enjoy that Italian joke though, daughters are too serious to be jokes...

P.S. I really want to see how the yuri relationship between Sanae and Shinka play out (probably more physical then RikkaxYuuta LOL)

EDIT: For my P.S. will it play out like this? https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1920144_427267510709469_1181919030_n.jpg
smartboyhwMar 7, 2014 10:54 PM
Mar 7, 2014 3:27 AM

Feb 2013
It's safe to say that KyoAni has lost their Chuunibyou. After a strong start, this show's been going downhill for me and i'm really disappointed. I just don't care about any of the characters because they haven't developed at all. It's almost as if I'm rewatching season 1 but with new characters added. Satone is the only interesting one because she had to choose between Chuuni and a serious relationship with Yuta. Now that she's realizing she could have chose both, the series can go where it should have been from the start - drama.

And that's the problem. Except for maybe a few minutes in a couple episodes, nothing thus far has been relevant to the plot (all that DekoxNibutani stuff that happened before? Never to be referenced again). Will Yuta get his Chuuni back or will Rikka lose it for good? The show is setting them both to end up together with both of their Chuuni, but it's moving at a snail pace. It as if all the charm from the first season has gone and the ending was retconed. Or maybe Chuuni is really a case of selective amnesia.

ZobaMar 7, 2014 4:15 AM
Mar 7, 2014 3:34 AM

Aug 2013
Very cute episode. Good to see Tooka again, she seems to be the same as always.

Looks like Satone's feelings are coming back!
My Candies:
Mar 7, 2014 4:05 AM

Oct 2013
Lol. Version up
Mar 7, 2014 4:14 AM

Apr 2012
I'd love to see Yuuta x Satone
but it's impossible
I thought that Rikka will lose her power and graduate from Chuunibyou, in the end her power is back
Mar 7, 2014 4:23 AM

Aug 2012
And when I thought Rikka was about to graduate, she regained her powers. What a development. Satone's influence in this season is not enough to make this interesting.

Shih said:
Next episode prediction: Yuuta will realize Satone's feeling. But in the end, their relationship returns to the same as before.

TLDR: more filler next episode.

Exactly... Oh how I wish I didn't watch this season.
This season ruined the series for me.

And exactly how many episodes are left? I see no big development yet to guarantee that the last 3 episodes (probably) won't be rushed.
Mar 7, 2014 5:29 AM

Aug 2008
Touka came back. so much italian #swag 11/10
Mar 7, 2014 5:38 AM

Nov 2012
The only good thing about this episode was Touka's return. It would've been more interesting to see Rikka start to lose her chuunibyou and begin to develop a more serious relationship with Yuuta.

Shichimiya can get lost.
Mar 7, 2014 5:52 AM

May 2008
that mole on Kumin's chest caught my attention... ._.
Mar 7, 2014 7:11 AM
Jan 2012
Not really enjoying this season.

A big part of why I enjoyed the first one was the carefree, fun plotline. This Shichimiya character would have been annoying to me in any other series, but in this one it's just somehow even worse. Love triangles are cheap drama and most writers handle them very very poorly.

Before I used to watch the episode really chilled out and having fun with the characters, now there's always this lingering sensation that at any moment they're going to spring a love triangle stereotypical development on me and I don't really like it.

Might drop it if it keeps going like this. I have better-written series to watch and read if I feel like having my heart toyed around with using character relationships. I'm surprised the anime still has such a high score, tbh.
Mar 7, 2014 8:33 AM
Jun 2013
How lng is chu2 gonna be? is it just gonna be 1 cour or 2 cours?
Mar 7, 2014 9:16 AM

Apr 2013
After reading some of the comments I feel like I'm the only one enjoying the show.
Mar 7, 2014 9:59 AM

May 2010
Beach episode truly is great !!

Looks like Satone feelings for Yuuta has emerged !!
Mar 7, 2014 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
After reading some of the comments I feel like I'm the only one enjoying the show.

Nah don't worry. A lot of people still enjoy it (hence the high rating). It's just that some people expect this show to be something it isn't. Some hate it because it doesn't spiral into a love triangle drama like they want (for some reason) from the get go. I would never be able to understand them as Chuuni has always been quite a chill show. Season 1 had like 2 maybe 3 episodes at most with "serious" drama, somehow people are expecting something like that even though imo they've already dealt with the most difficult issue (Rikka's reason to become a chuuni). All that's left is some love triangle drama, which we're about to get, but again some other people don't like that it's heading that way too.

No matter what direction this show takes there'll always be some who isn't satisfied because it's not going they want to. At the same time, slice-of-life fan like me will still enjoy this show since we get to see more of our beloved characters as well as some development between them like Dekomori's love and hate relationship with Mori Summer as well as Rikka's progress with Yuuta no matter how small it is. I don't mind some drama (season 1 was touching and I get the feeling this time it will too) but making it the focus of this entire season would be wrong.
Mar 7, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2011
Man what an amazing episode, I can't wait for next weeks epi
How many amazing anime are out there to be found?
Mar 7, 2014 11:04 AM

Oct 2007
VanishingKira said:
Time to rush the plot/actual development in this last 3 episodes just like season 1.

Doubt this actually happened,yet again don't know maybe it actually did...
http://imgur.com/v3TvyCW

If it did why is Yuuta so beta now,lol?

More like pretty much every Kyoani show.
Mar 7, 2014 11:09 AM

Dec 2007
With all the fillers I get a feeling it will be a 2 cour season... Or they don't have much more canon material to cover?

I don't think the fillers are bad actually, they're pretty amusing. If it's gonna be 2 cour then it can be actually worthwhile.
Mar 7, 2014 11:21 AM

Dec 2013
I'm glad to see there is going to be some kind of love rivalry now! Exactly what I was waiting for.

Given the way the plot is developing I get the feeling this series is going to be longer than 12 eps.

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Mar 7, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2010
It's good to see Touka again. I missed her ^^
Satone realized how much love she had for Yuusha. I guess drama is coming..
Mar 7, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2013
Yay Touka's here :D.

Ah a beach episode, minimum fanservice won't hurt. Rikka starting to lose her delusional powers huh... a little fight at the beach scene restored it. Oh damn, Satone's feelings are coming back, I wonder how it will pull it off in the next 3 episodes.

Mar 7, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Touka in a swimsuit made it worth watching this entire season without a doubt, really one of the main things this season was missing is Touka.
And now we got her in fan service mode.
She definitely is the best character in this anime without a doubt .

And this episode had some good development in general tho i still doubt that Rikka's choice was the right one she has to come down to the fact that she is in a relationship at some point.
And it's clear that she has feelings for Yuuta tho it's also clear that others are worried about them mainly Touka and Nibutani.
Then again each relationship should move at it's own pace and rushing things would be bad.
But it seems they are moving a bit to slow it's clear both of them want more from their relationship but the 2nd year syndrome is getting in the way of that.
Things i said might be a bit contradicting tho.
Mar 7, 2014 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
Shichimiya is too kawaii
the only one that can match she is Tooka
the childishness of Rikka already tired
hopefully Yuuta ends with Shichimiya instead of Rikka
for this he must also mature
_________

Shichimiya é kawaii demais
a unica que pode se igualar a ela é Tooka
a criancice da Rikka já cansou
tomara que Yuuta termine com Shichimiya ao invés de Rikka
para isso ele também deve amadurecer
Mar 7, 2014 2:38 PM

Feb 2013
Fantastic....I am loving this season.
Mar 7, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2013
Oh man the love triangle is official
Mar 7, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2011
Dat level up of Jiaoshin

Priestess and her assassin!!!

Shichmiya has regained her feelings for Yuuta OMG

Gather the 3 token and Dark Flame Master returns!!!!
Mar 7, 2014 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
Ah.. i feel sorry for Satone.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

294 by Devonnius »»
Feb 28, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2014

264 by FarCritical »»
Feb 28, 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.