Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

anyone know if there's gonna be a third season of kingdom, along with a sequel of btooom

New
Mar 2, 2014 5:45 PM
May 2012
If u guys have any idea on the release dates please inform me. It is definite that there'll be a third season on kingdom i think, just for btooom, cause there's still a shitload of conflict needing to be resolved with several characters, ending something this thrilling and cliffhanging with unresolved conflicts is just defective, so please, post reply or pm me if u got any info.

Mod Edit: moved from general anime discussion.
rodacMar 2, 2014 7:07 PM
Mar 2, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2012
If you couldn't find that info on their subforums, you won't find it here. And it isn't definite for Kingdom, as much as I want it to be.
Mar 2, 2014 7:01 PM

Mar 2013
i dont think btoom has enough source material to make another season of the show
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Mar 2, 2014 7:37 PM

Oct 2012
if you people want to see what season 3 is all about read this chapter
Mar 2, 2014 9:20 PM

Mar 2009
lionheart04 said:
if you people want to see what season 3 is all about read this chapter

O.O

Gosh I hope the next season will air(and soon with that).
If I start with the manga, I'll end up doing it from the start, ruining my already bad grasp on real life. xD
Mar 2, 2014 9:25 PM

Jan 2011
Probably wouldn't expect season three until around summer, maybe this June because that's usually when it starts airing, if the information from MyAnimeList is accurate.

Though they have yet to even announce it, the way they left it makes it very likely there will be a third season.
Mar 3, 2014 1:39 AM

Apr 2010
Depends on how long they want the next season to be. They can cover the next war in a 25 episode season already, there's enough material, 39 might not be the best idea since it might end at a bad spot, to which the manga hasn't yet reached.
Mar 3, 2014 1:42 AM

Mar 2008
antonnn said:
Depends on how long they want the next season to be. They can cover the next war in a 25 episode season already, there's enough material, 39 might not be the best idea since it might end at a bad spot, to which the manga hasn't yet reached.
But shouldn't the manga be past the
by now? Although I don't know what comes after, so, nevermind!
Mar 3, 2014 3:01 AM

Jun 2013
Ckan said:
antonnn said:

Raw version is, translated isn't.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 3, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2009
Dimitrije1606 said:
Ckan said:
antonnn said:

Raw version is, translated isn't.

so its mean they have material for the next spoiler arc
why will the animation team need traslate crap stuff :p
Mar 4, 2014 8:19 AM

Dec 2009
antonnn said:

Is what I thought. I would assume maybe a season 3 end of the year or next year. As long as we get a season 3, would be great. Such an amazing anime.
Mar 4, 2014 9:21 AM

Jul 2010
I think there will be a third season, with the way the second season ended it was obviously leading up to something. Where there have been anime's that have done this in the past, usually they are single season 12 episode anime's. Whereas this one has had two very long seasons. Not only that, but there is plenty of material to work from. I would guesstimate that we should see a new season of Kingdom for the summer anime season, but not the spring.
Mar 4, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2011
I sure hope they will keep animating as much of the manga as possible. This is a great story and it looks like the sort of thing that will just keep building on itself and getting better over time. Though I worry because its obviously set up to be a really long epic story and I definitely have my doubts about them actually animating all of it. Might have to consider picking up the manga one day which is something I rarely do.

Would be interested in knowing how popular the manga and anime is in Japan. It doesn't really seem all that well known in the West, but I'd kind of figure with two 40 episode seasons it must be doing well enough in Japan or else they wouldn't do that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2014 5:48 PM

Feb 2010
LayedBack said:
I sure hope they will keep animating as much of the manga as possible. This is a great story and it looks like the sort of thing that will just keep building on itself and getting better over time. Though I worry because its obviously set up to be a really long epic story and I definitely have my doubts about them actually animating all of it. Might have to consider picking up the manga one day which is something I rarely do.

Would be interested in knowing how popular the manga and anime is in Japan. It doesn't really seem all that well known in the West, but I'd kind of figure with two 40 episode seasons it must be doing well enough in Japan or else they wouldn't do that.

From what I gather it was pretty popular before the adaption with about 100k sales per volume maybe, but the anime made it a lot more popular and recent volumes sell ~250k and in 2013 it was even ranked 14th in the top selling manga list of japan with over 2,5 million copies sold (old and new volumes). It even outsold Bleach which was 15th. But it's hard to say if this will motivate them for another season or if they'll just be happy with the successful increase in manga sales thei initiated.
I definitely hope for another season.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 5, 2014 10:06 PM

Sep 2011
Who knows, but I enjoyed both seasons quite a bit. I'm hoping a 3rd comes out. Also, if any manga readers can tell me, does
Mar 5, 2014 10:15 PM

Nov 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
LayedBack said:

From what I gather it was pretty popular before the adaption with about 100k sales per volume maybe, but the anime made it a lot more popular and recent volumes sell ~250k and in 2013 it was even ranked 14th in the top selling manga list of japan with over 2,5 million copies sold (old and new volumes). It even outsold Bleach which was 15th. But it's hard to say if this will motivate them for another season or if they'll just be happy with the successful increase in manga sales thei initiated.
I definitely hope for another season.
Well if the manga is doing good and it already has over 70 episodes, I don't see why they would stop. They made the first season cheaper with all that CG, maybe because of the success they bumped up the art and now it's in it's groove. I'd find it surprising if they stop.
Mar 6, 2014 1:26 AM

Mar 2008
Tyrel said:
Who knows, but I enjoyed both seasons quite a bit. I'm hoping a 3rd comes out. Also, if any manga readers can tell me, does
The
CkanMar 6, 2014 1:29 AM
Mar 6, 2014 3:37 AM

Sep 2011
Ckan said:
Tyrel said:
The

Ah I see. Maybe I'll read the manga.
Mar 6, 2014 3:42 AM

Mar 2008
Tyrel said:
If you liked Kingdom, you eventually should. From the very start too, as there's plenty of good tidbits left out of the anime (most noticeably, there's a whole arc after Xin's first war).
Mar 6, 2014 9:43 AM

Feb 2010
Ckan said:
Tyrel said:
If you liked Kingdom, you eventually should. From the very start too, as there's plenty of good tidbits left out of the anime (most noticeably, there's a whole arc after Xin's first war).

I wish it was licensed/available in english or german. I just hate scans :(
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 6, 2014 9:50 AM

Mar 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Ckan said:
Tyrel said:

I wish it was licensed/available in english or german. I just hate scans :(
Having it hand is always nice, but what about double-spreads? You can see those properly with scans.
Mar 9, 2014 8:56 AM

Dec 2011
Tyrel said:

Dec 31, 2014 5:45 AM

Dec 2011
They have enough material now for a 35+ episodes season may be there gonna b some news about it for 2015....can't wait to see the last war before another time skip to get animated and that war was one of the most epic one....
Jan 7, 2015 9:01 PM

Apr 2010
It's way too soon, but somebody like Madhouse needs to do a uncensored, high budget version of Kingdom. Long running too, all the way until after the coming of age ceremony. Oh man that'd potentially be the greatest anime of all time.
Mar 6, 2015 12:17 AM

Jul 2013
Man its been a year...
Mar 20, 2015 4:55 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah I would just wish they would give us any information on when or if the anime will be continued, dont tell me to read the manga, that response pisses me off to no end, I dont read manga, I want the anime continued, but I cant find any information at all, its annoying me.
"Dont wait for the knight in shining armour to come and save you, be the knight in shining armour, and save yourself."
- American newscaster responding to the Anonymous group.
Sep 2, 2015 10:08 PM
Apr 2015
Fallen_Saint said:
Yeah I would just wish they would give us any information on when or if the anime will be continued, dont tell me to read the manga, that response pisses me off to no end, I dont read manga, I want the anime continued, but I cant find any information at all, its annoying me.

If you really like the story read the manga. The next arc is so damn good
Sep 15, 2015 11:00 PM

Mar 2013
soul94 said:
Fallen_Saint said:

If you really like the story read the manga. The next arc is so damn good

Also the manga is better,

more fleshed out story and better more graphic/gory art.
Sep 27, 2015 3:15 PM

Jul 2013
still waiting
Nov 3, 2015 1:31 PM
Nov 2015
Since season 3 is not showing any signs of airing anytime soon, if you have jur finished season 2 like me what chapter should we go to if not between which chapters?
Jan 2, 2016 3:02 PM
Jan 2016
We should make a petition, and if we get enough signs maybe they will listen to us.
Jan 2, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2012
I know it is, but I dont have the patience to read never did after high school so I really want an anime :P
"Dont wait for the knight in shining armour to come and save you, be the knight in shining armour, and save yourself."
- American newscaster responding to the Anonymous group.
Sep 29, 2017 10:07 AM
Sep 2017
I really hope they make a season 3 but wasn't the anime made in 2009 its already 2017 I began watching it on and off so that I wouldn't finish it all I just wish the anime was boyXboy I want the king and big head to be together they look so kawaii but that would be funny if the king was really a women.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 30 Discussion

Bleachway - Dec 29, 2013

41 by Yukissionator »»
Jan 19, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.