Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 21, 2009 9:03 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Not as Dramatic as the previous episodes but another great episode indeed.
[right]

Aug 21, 2009 1:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
at the beginning, the BGM was similar to the pimip Reiji's BGM in Phantom :/

Robots! Just as predicted, the robots displayed in the robot exposition were presented....

the news anchor said that the death toll will probably reach 180000 casualties, which is few hundred times more than the numbers said in the first episodes.....

LOL at Mirai that can't stop calling that guy robot otaku.....

And whoa, Mirai is STRONG to be able to throw robots like that.....

But c'mon, risking your life to save rescue robots defeats their purpose :/

And diseases are also part of the aftermath of a large scale earthquake, especially in a highly populated area.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 21, 2009 9:02 PM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:

But c'mon, risking your life to save rescue robots defeats their purpose :/

That's what u call a Robotaku XD

I think some serious thing happened to her bro based on the drawing on their eyes
Aug 22, 2009 1:01 AM

Jun 2007
Any number of things could have happened to him. The most probably would be heat stroke or pneumonia.

This episode was interesting to say the least. A boy's family is saved by a robot so he somehow feels obligated to safe robots. Sounds like he's lost touch with what a machine is :S. Good episode though.
Aug 22, 2009 1:30 AM

Sep 2008
Hopefully, by the time the probable earthquake hits, Japan will be swarming with robots.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2009 2:38 AM

Jan 2009
The robots are back : D
Hmm.. they just can't stop repeating themselves at the television, huh? Seems to start every broadcast with something similar to "This is the worst earthquake in Japanese history" etc. etc. etc.
And also, how often do you start speaking of something traumatic that happened in your past with some people you just met? O.o
*Blaarrgh* "I'm fine" *broad smile* yeah right you are <.<
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 22, 2009 10:44 AM

Jul 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Hopefully, by the time the probable earthquake hits, Japan will be swarming with robots.

lolz >_<

that be cool tho

Oosran said:

And also, how often do you start speaking of something traumatic that happened in your past with some people you just met? O.o
*Blaarrgh* "I'm fine" *broad smile* yeah right you are <.<

LOL
Aug 22, 2009 1:10 PM

Aug 2007
At the first episodes I was annoyed with Mirai, but now it's with Yuuki. Anyhow, Kento was okay. Is it just me or is the chance high likely that we'll meet another new supporting character next episode and only stays for that episode, just like all the other episodes. I mean, it's not really weird for actually someone join the group or something.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Aug 22, 2009 1:12 PM

Sep 2007
Oosran said:
Hmm.. they just can't stop repeating themselves at the television, huh? Seems to start every broadcast with something similar to "This is the worst earthquake in Japanese history" etc. etc. etc.

Yeah seriously. Every broadcast is pretty much the same.
Aug 22, 2009 1:34 PM
Jul 2008
This episode was great! Really great, and I can't wait for the next episode! Interesting end, definitely!
Aug 22, 2009 1:36 PM

Feb 2009
Agreed, Mirai is getting better in terms of not being so annoying. This epd just felt weird to me, the whole robot aspect of it all felt like I was watching some mixture between this and Ghost in the Shell. That Kento guy is interesting to say at least, never would I even think to put my life on the line for something that could just be rebuilt in hours/days.
Aug 22, 2009 3:19 PM

Oct 2008
porkypink said:

Not as Dramatic as the previous episodes but another great episode indeed.

Very true.
Glad to see that Mirai isn't as much of a jerk as she once was.
Aug 22, 2009 3:20 PM

Oct 2008
Kento is an idiot, saving a robot. A production robot too, it's not like it's a prototype.

And Mirai has a good character arc since she's becoming a better person. Yuuki is just retarded, running off without a care in the world, just to follow robots.

And Mari's tank top should have been affected by the rain water. lazy bones animation...
Aug 22, 2009 5:23 PM

Sep 2007
ironchefflip said:
Yuuki is just retarded, running off without a care in the world, just to follow robots.

He's 8 years old... just sayin'.
Aug 22, 2009 6:09 PM

Sep 2007
Mirai is one buff girl to be swinging a robot back up to level ground. Even if it was mentioned that the robot was lightweight, it should still be pretty damn heavy.
Aug 22, 2009 6:24 PM

Aug 2007
Cliffhanger ending, yay >_>

JLS said:
ironchefflip said:
Yuuki is just retarded, running off without a care in the world, just to follow robots.

Seriously, you have to take that into account. Not that I'm saying it isn't annoying, (is most definitely is) but it's not really that surprising.

Oosran said:
Hmm.. they just can't stop repeating themselves at the television, huh? Seems to start every broadcast with something similar to "This is the worst earthquake in Japanese history"
The reports never said anything about the deaths reaching approximately 180,000 casualties before >_>
shadowrazeAug 22, 2009 6:28 PM
Aug 22, 2009 7:26 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode

Awesome! Robots for help hehe

Lol Mirai x Kento

Yuuki's cute wearing Mari's coat
ZinvyAug 22, 2009 8:17 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 22, 2009 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
JLS said:
ironchefflip said:

Doesn't mean chasing robots when buildings are collapsing around you isn't retarded. Just sayin'.
Aug 22, 2009 9:14 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, Tachikomas in my Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. -_- I liked how that robot Yuuki was chasing suddenly talked. Reality flash. ^^

Cliffhanger end. OH NOOOEEESSSS! Yuuki's got swine flu! D:
Aug 22, 2009 10:30 PM

May 2008
there seems tp be alot of aftershocks , 4 more episodes ehh how is this gonna end

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 22, 2009 10:31 PM

Apr 2008
yuuki fainted o_olll he having a fever or something ?

Aug 22, 2009 11:18 PM

Nov 2006
Kento is so adorable. ;A; ;A;

Yuuki, no! Mari and Mirai should have decided to rest a day once Yuuki threw up. How can he walk in the heat after having heatstroke and throwing up the little bit of food and water he got down? Poor kid. :<
Aug 23, 2009 12:13 AM

Dec 2008
Nice episode. The robots definitely reminded me of Ghost in the Shell. I knew something was going to happen to Yuuki as soon as he said he was ok. This scenario seems to happen in so many anime.
Aug 23, 2009 2:47 AM

Apr 2009
Not as dramatic episode but yet again a 5/5. This anime is 5/5 all the way.
Only 4 episodes left :(
Aug 23, 2009 3:03 AM

Jan 2008
This episode had cool robots. I'm wondering if Japan has real ones too.
Aug 23, 2009 3:06 AM

Jan 2009
ntHai said:
This episode had cool robots. I'm wondering if Japan has real ones too.

Actually, most probably they do, since the show is after all based on a possible scenario. So it wouldn't surprise me if they do have these kinds of robots. And hey, it's Japan after all, so why not? I heard their defense department is working on a full-scale gundam.. So really, anything's possible in their country : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 23, 2009 4:43 AM

May 2009
Didn't think we'd have to wait until episode 7 to see the robots in action, but I suppose they wanted to build an entire episode around it. Kento clearly wasn't thinking when he risked his life to save the robot. Mirai was impressive. She's gotten quite tough.

I'm glad Kento volunteered that he used to find his family annoying until they day he thought that he might lose them. Mirai could certainly related to it and hopefully, by knowing that her past behavior wasn't abnormal, it alleviated a little of the guilt she's been carrying with her.

Agreed that people should really lay off on Yuuki. People twice his age could have just as easily done that, however unwise that decision might be.
Aug 23, 2009 5:25 AM

Aug 2009
Nonomiya Kento's story about his parents being rescued by robots was interesting and his sketches also. I do think he was stupid to try and save a robot trapped in rubble of a crumbling building but I get it why.

It was cute and touching for Mirai to have saved Kento and him saving Mirai after. In this scene.

On another note the robots were cool as well as frog references.Yuuki's sickness at the end is worrisome and I wonder what is it. I know he vomitted and had perhaps a high fever that was only speculated as a heat stroke. Also the numbers of casualties are frightening.

Aug 23, 2009 5:27 AM
Mar 2009
Didn't expect this episode to be mostly about robots, but it was a rather welcomed change of pace.

Kento was an interesting character and offered a bit of a contrast to Mirai and allowed her to gain some perspective on her own life.

But he's a bit too passionate about robots and put himself in harms way when there really was no need for that.
Aug 23, 2009 10:07 AM

Nov 2007
I wonder what happened with Yuuki there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 23, 2009 12:19 PM

Feb 2008
You know what they say about nerds, "You shouldn't make fun of them because one day you'll be working for them."

Since this show takes place in the near future, it's not surprising that they have robots like that.

Aug 23, 2009 12:22 PM

Jan 2009
AddleBoy said:
Since this show takes place in the near future, it's not surprising that they have robots like that.

And once again, it is Japan we're talking about, and they're .. well.. They're them : D
Aug 23, 2009 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
People have been saying that Kento is an idiot, and I agree, but it's an idiocy that i accept and adds something to the series, especially given how important robots are to him, and especially his lackadaisical attitude to his own safety (which no one has mentioned by the way). He's a great character - straightforward, passionate, kinda irrational.

Good episode actually (kinda suprising), though with 150,000 probably still in danger, the Japanese need a lot more manpower to even get to half of them.
Aug 23, 2009 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
Mirai/Kento :)
Oh no Yuuki! D: What now?
Aug 23, 2009 5:33 PM

Aug 2009
SakuraForever said:
Agreed, Mirai is getting better in terms of not being so annoying. This epd just felt weird to me, the whole robot aspect of it all felt like I was watching some mixture between this and Ghost in the Shell. That Kento guy is interesting to say at least, never would I even think to put my life on the line for something that could just be rebuilt in hours/days.

Didn't help that the robots looked a bit like mini Tachikomas.

Was a good episode, overall. Mirai's getting better and better each episode and Kento didn't seem like a bad character at all. Just a bit of a robot fanatic.
Aug 23, 2009 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode. It showed Mirai's growth as a character, and thorough the use of Kento (who is an excellent cameo character, used properly), allowed her to think about what's important. That said, she and Mari fail for not noticing something bad was up with Yuuki earlier, and not being more forceful about his resting. Fever, delirium (frog baseball team), lack of appetite, and nausea are signs of something very serious. I'm going to guess that among other things, he's dehydrated and has heatstroke.

Personally, I found this to be one of the more dynamic (and therefore better) episodes of the show. It manged to hit a lot of notes without any transition problems.
Aug 23, 2009 8:16 PM

Oct 2008
And there I was thinking everything went well this episode.
good episode, not as good as the others tho.

Sent with Mal Updater
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Aug 24, 2009 1:09 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
cool robots. i wonder if they use those in Japan now for emergencies.
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 24, 2009 4:26 AM

Jul 2008
I wouldn't wonder if Yuuki actually would die in this anime. All the talk about going to the convention again together is just the perfect setup for such a drama.
Aug 24, 2009 6:14 AM

Jun 2008
Boring episode with a bad Cliffhanger.
Aug 24, 2009 9:23 AM

Aug 2009
Poor little Yuuki!
Aug 24, 2009 11:26 AM

Nov 2008
Alexstratz said:

LOL! Yeah right xD.

Well i liked the episode, but i cant understand why Kento would risk his life for a robot..stupid boy.
Aug 24, 2009 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
Oxu said:
Alexstratz said:

LOL! Yeah right xD.

My thoughts when I saw the episode, exactly xD

Oxu said:
Well i liked the episode, but i cant understand why Kento would risk his life for a robot..stupid boy.

Yup, stupid boy is stupid, k
Aug 24, 2009 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Oxu said:

Yup, stupid boy is stupid, k

+2 that.

I mean robots can be remade, upgraded, and all that fancy crud. Lives can't be remade.

I get the backstory behind it.. but still..
Aug 24, 2009 4:08 PM

Jul 2008
Oosran said:

Which seems pretty realistic to me since it was what they were doing when we got an earthquake, a few months ago. They will of course keep up with the number of casualties, damages and all that stuff, but every news you might watch would look always pretty much the same. Which is kinda normal in those situations, maybe?

windy said:
Kento is so adorable. ;A; ;A;

Yuuki, no! Mari and Mirai should have decided to rest a day once Yuuki threw up. How can he walk in the heat after having heatstroke and throwing up the little bit of food and water he got down? Poor kid. :<

What windy said.
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
Aug 24, 2009 10:49 PM

Jan 2009
Loxaris said:
Oosran said:

Which seems pretty realistic to me since it was what they were doing when we got an earthquake, a few months ago. They will of course keep up with the number of casualties, damages and all that stuff, but every news you might watch would look always pretty much the same. Which is kinda normal in those situations, maybe?

Well I guess I wouldn't really know, I never check the television : )
Internet > television
Aug 24, 2009 11:43 PM

Dec 2008
Overall, the episode was executed well, I think, but I wasn't very absorbed by it. Or maybe I'm just trying to watch anime on too little sleep..?

Loxaris said:
Oosran said:

It's realistic for repeating headlines like that. When I think back to 9/11, CNN pretty much had the same stuff running for weeks, if not months, afterwards. Here in TM 8.0, it's only been a couple of days and the events are still on-going.
Aug 25, 2009 12:22 AM

Jul 2009
I live in tokyo,and I want to buy a house in tokyo.
But I worry to do it after watch this animathion.(^^;
huuuuuum.....
# Maybe my father's old house will be breaked by earthquake.(TT)
Aug 25, 2009 2:49 AM

Jan 2009
Fucking cliffhangers, also those robots reminds me of Tachikoma.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 25, 2009 2:34 PM

Dec 2007
Oxu said:
Alexstratz said:

LOL! Yeah right xD.

if a Konata robot appeared, you would save it, right?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

wakka9ca - Aug 7, 2009

144 by hafizo_kurosaki »»
Jan 25, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kashim - Sep 17, 2009

506 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 22, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sporkness - Sep 10, 2009

214 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UnknownFact - Sep 4, 2009

134 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:05 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 27, 2009

180 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.