Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 23, 2020 3:32 PM

Dec 2016
senjougahara and kanbaru's relationship is really... something xD im really interested on what's oshino going to do to help with kanbaru' problem.
Jan 28, 2021 3:04 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode once again. The way Suruga just said that she's a lesbian was hilarious plus Araragi's reaction lmao. Based Suruga, she's the one who thought of Valhalla Combination. And she's also a lolicon... a lesbian lolicon... interesting, lmao. I think Suruga Monkey is definitely my favorite arc so far. Though the short Senjougahara screentime is kinda saddening.
Jul 27, 2021 10:22 AM
Mar 2021
I thoroughly enjoyed this ep. The whole BL part had me rolling. This arc is quite interesting compared to the snail arc. And also the symbolism of a running race using the staplers at around 12:00 was so clever!
Jul 29, 2021 11:10 AM

Jun 2020
Senjougahara doesn't seem too shocked at all and even gave Araragi quite a view from below I almost thought they would get run over by a train

As Araragi confronted Suruga I thought things would get messy, Araragi's reactions are still so good I'm happy they made it like that it spices things a bit

And they went to Oshino again for advice and the playful talk they have again but this time Shinobu is outside because Oshino took more donuts than Shinobu I wonder how will her personality be if she comes to life.
Aug 20, 2021 10:59 AM
May 2020
so that's the arm of a devil huh?
Sep 12, 2021 4:19 AM

Oct 2020
Araragi's face when Kanbaru said she was a lesbian and the BL talk lol. I wonder if all of those book were BL lol. The show is getting interesting slowly. So far, Kanbaru is my favourite girl.

4/5

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Sep 29, 2021 4:35 PM
Oct 2020
very good episode

the conversations were very good and funny

there were some things that didn't have a continuity

example of when the houkai claims to be a lesbian but at the end of the ep she flirts with the ararararararagi (sorry I stammered)

including the highlight in the scene where he finds out she's a lesbian which is hilarious

but otherwise the episode was very funny because of the araragi's faces, and the clifhanger was cool

i hope the end of this arc ends the houkai character build with the same level
Lauzinhoinho_13Sep 29, 2021 4:38 PM
Dec 16, 2021 10:21 PM
Dec 2020
I suddenly don't feel so bad for thinking that Sugura isn't that cute.
Jan 1, 2022 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
I must be an idiot. Why am I confused that she's a lesbian and yet is so quickly willing to replace Hitagi as Araragi's girlfriend? Wouldn't that make her bisexual instead? Or is there something deeper. She's clearly mesmerized by Hitagi, and has professed her love for her... is it that she wants something that Hitagi has, or something that brings Hitagi joy? I dunno man.

Liked the opening scene a lot though. In the room of books. Cinematic as always, and great dialogue.
Apr 18, 2022 7:11 AM

Jan 2015
Really unique series, love how I can go from laughing my ass off to being really engaged in dialogue within the same minute. Bike shorts/spats debate on whether she's a sporty girl or an exhibitionist, too good.
AlexanderHD said:
Why am I confused that she's a lesbian and yet is so quickly willing to replace Hitagi as Araragi's girlfriend? Wouldn't that make her bisexual instead? Or is there something deeper.
My impression was that she didn't think someone unimpressive like Araragi was worthy of her, but, not being accepted by Senjougahara herself, she'd instead step in with Araragi.
Jun 18, 2022 9:06 PM
Oct 2020
Definitely my fav ep so far. So much learning going on for me- had to look up the seme/uke relationship. This seems to have a gay connotation, so it fits in with Karbaru's Yuri discussion. I haven't watched much Yuri but this makes me interest to check out more. Citrus is probably the most Yuri anime I've watched, and I liked it a lot. Also the Suruga rope thing was new to me. Perhaps more investigation is needed in this area as well. And while I'm on the subject- Araragi's cowlick libido indicator. Made me lol when it went out of control during the no pants discussion.
Aug 25, 2022 8:16 PM

May 2021
Kanbaru casually dropping the lesbian reveal - golden. Should have taken Senjougahara's statement about Kanbaru having a crush more seriously. Totally thought it was just admiration or maybe an obsession.

Feb 27, 2023 2:24 PM
Jul 2020
wierd but kind of intressting zo watch
Jul 7, 2023 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
Now, for Suruga's case, she has a low-level demon on her arm. She wanted to be replacement for Sanjougahara? I wouldn't have turned her down and not become a replacement but become a collection.
Nov 19, 2023 4:23 PM

Apr 2021
They played so much that they decided to organize the books, but...

A good walk and a pleasant boy-to-girl conversation about shorts and underwear.

Now she discovers the monkey arm's true form.
Nov 30, 2023 6:36 PM

Nov 2023
That's really long dialogues and all that. ANd the flashing cards, I still wonder what they are
Jan 13, 8:12 AM
Oct 2021
Episódio interessante que me prendeu em cada instante, fico ansioso para saber como vão lidar com o braço de demônio
Jan 26, 1:48 AM

Dec 2022
Ain't no way i finally got introduced to some BL or Yaoi stuff lollll. Anyhoo I like Kanbaru a lot actually or might even say more than Gahara cause i rock with her energy basically.

Mar 23, 9:44 AM

Mar 2023
interesting, i like her already >:D
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Yesterday, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.