Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?' Gets Anime Adaptation for Summer 2014 [Update 3/23]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 27, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
I'm starting to think I'm the only person in the world who looked at that synopsis and genuinely thought to themself that it seemed an interesting and innovative concept (albeit built upon various cliches of course)...

Oh well, whatever.

You are not alone, man. It's just that most harem fans don't leave comments in the news thread. Instead people that automatically thinks this show is shit because is a harem are really active here.
Andan210Feb 27, 2014 1:57 PM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Feb 27, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
It's hard not getting frustrated after the countless repition of horrible shows we had in 2013.

Pet no Kanojo and Oregairu changed up a few things, so what? In the end, they still did the same as almost all of the other series we mentioned and criticized here.
And when we consider the Monogatari series we could say we have a fine franchise, but ultimately this one is also brought down by the premise of an harem - or rather being hung up on the tropes that come with it (think of Nise). Deconstruction, reconstruction, subversion, etc. - in the end it is still perceived as a harem as well and it really suffers from Araragi's antics when he acts like the typical protagonist.

And to be frank: After thousands of posts I don't give a fuck anymore. A lot of the people here are resistant to arguments anyway.
It's a shame the fandoms in Japan and the West are so similar in this case.

Pet na kanojo (at least where it stopped in the anime) isn't even an harem, it's a love triangle, the other girls are interested in other male characters rather than in the male lead. The fact that you're unable to see that pretty much show how much time to think you took before calling everything crap. So could you please stop trolling every single topic even when you don't know what you're talking about, thanks in advance.

About the news ~when I see the synopsis, I'm not fan either. Seems like another badly done harem to me. Although a ghost as the main heroine (I suppose she 's the main heroin?) could make some interesting developments. SO first impression is bad, but first impression isn't always right in the end ~
ZefyrisFeb 27, 2014 2:24 PM
Feb 27, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm.. maybe, just maybe.
Stuff it. I think I'll watch it.
Feb 27, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2009
Zefyris said:
Nidhoeggr said:
It's hard not getting frustrated after the countless repition of horrible shows we had in 2013.

Pet no Kanojo and Oregairu changed up a few things, so what? In the end, they still did the same as almost all of the other series we mentioned and criticized here.
And when we consider the Monogatari series we could say we have a fine franchise, but ultimately this one is also brought down by the premise of an harem - or rather being hung up on the tropes that come with it (think of Nise). Deconstruction, reconstruction, subversion, etc. - in the end it is still perceived as a harem as well and it really suffers from Araragi's antics when he acts like the typical protagonist.

And to be frank: After thousands of posts I don't give a fuck anymore. A lot of the people here are resistant to arguments anyway.

Pet na kanojo (at least where it stopped in the anime) isn't even an harem, it's a love triangle, the other girls are interested in other male characters rather than in the male lead. The fact that you're unable to see that pretty much show how much time to think you took before calling everything crap. So could you please stop trolling every single topic even when you don't know what you're talking about, thanks in advance.

About the news ~when I see the synopsis, I'm not fan either. Seems like another badly done harem to me. Although a ghost as the main heroine (I suppose she 's the main heroin?) could make some interesting developments. SO first impression is bad, but first impression isn't always right in the end ~

Oh sorry, I dropped it early because I had enough of the edgy MC, the annoying main girl and the entire "look at me, the world doesn't understand my deep and complex teenage feels about the world, which totally sux" spiel that is just as tired, annoying and full of obvious escapism as harem shows. And judging from everyone in my friend list who completed it, it seems like my suspicions about its quality were justified.
I am just sick of all this obvious escapism; be it harem, gamer glorification or these edgy teens who hype up their loneliness and antisocial behaviour. And do you know why? Because in the end it almost always boils down to some sort of obvious (in)direct justification of the author's and the audience's own life circumstances that are projected onto these characters and whom I could care less about.
It's just a damn shame that a big part of the industry is based around pleasing the collector tendencies of a few guys with low self esteem and few friends instead of telling interesting stories that are more than just some sort of acknowledgement of certain lifestyles that are honestly only desirable if you give up on all goals in your personal life. Is it so hard to find a consumer group in Japan that doesn't only want a simple "your life as a loser has a purpose" message these days in most late-night slots?
Where are the heroic tales that don't rely on obvious escapism? Why are so many other genres neglected? When will we get a good SciFi anime again? This overly strong focus on these tired messages is a big problem and people who accept this state without trying to change it are part of the problem as well. This stagnation hurts in the long run and I am too much of a fan to just idle around while this happens.
So instead of accusing me of trolling buy more good anime instead. Or even better: Stop giving shows too much credit just because they are only 98% overdone and stale.
NidhoeggrFeb 27, 2014 3:15 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 27, 2014 4:30 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah yeah yeah. You just made a long rant about something that you didn't even watch. Like I'm going to take any advice you give about quality for granted after that, to think you actually believe that you can give me a lesson with such behavior.

As a school life/romance, while not a masterpiece either, Sakurasou is actually better than average by quite a bit and definitely doesn't deserve to be looked down as being cliché. You should know after watching that much anime that looking at the beginning of a show can be misleading about its average quality. I ask you again : stop trolling in threads and calling crap everything that you either didn't like or didn't even watch.

EDIT ;Also, that thread isn't about sakurasou, so we're completely off topic right now. So don't expect me to keep you company for long.
ZefyrisFeb 27, 2014 4:33 PM
Feb 27, 2014 6:12 PM

Sep 2010
I don't know if I want to watch or not. I'll see what other shows are airing in the Summer besides Free!. If I don't have many I'll most likely watch this don't know if I will stick around long though it depends....
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 27, 2014 7:13 PM
Dec 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Zefyris said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Oh sorry, I dropped it early because I had enough of the edgy MC, the annoying main girl and the entire "look at me, the world doesn't understand my deep and complex teenage feels about the world, which totally sux" spiel that is just as tired, annoying and full of obvious escapism as harem shows. And judging from everyone in my friend list who completed it, it seems like my suspicions about its quality were justified.
I am just sick of all this obvious escapism; be it harem, gamer glorification or these edgy teens who hype up their loneliness and antisocial behaviour. And do you know why? Because in the end it almost always boils down to some sort of obvious (in)direct justification of the author's and the audience's own life circumstances that are projected onto these characters and whom I could care less about.
It's just a damn shame that a big part of the industry is based around pleasing the collector tendencies of a few guys with low self esteem and few friends instead of telling interesting stories that are more than just some sort of acknowledgement of certain lifestyles that are honestly only desirable if you give up on all goals in your personal life. Is it so hard to find a consumer group in Japan that doesn't only want a simple "your life as a loser has a purpose" message these days in most late-night slots?
Where are the heroic tales that don't rely on obvious escapism? Why are so many other genres neglected? When will we get a good SciFi anime again? This overly strong focus on these tired messages is a big problem and people who accept this state without trying to change it are part of the problem as well. This stagnation hurts in the long run and I am too much of a fan to just idle around while this happens.
So instead of accusing me of trolling buy more good anime instead. Or even better: Stop giving shows too much credit just because they are only 98% overdone and stale.

Put your fedora down you manchild.
Feb 27, 2014 8:47 PM

Apr 2013
sounds like something I'll drop after 2 episodes.. will still try it.
Feb 27, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2011
Andan210 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
I'm starting to think I'm the only person in the world who looked at that synopsis and genuinely thought to themself that it seemed an interesting and innovative concept (albeit built upon various cliches of course)...

Oh well, whatever.

You are not alone, man. It's just that most harem fans don't leave comments in the news thread. Instead people that automatically thinks this show is shit because is a harem are really active here.

As a fans of harem myself, I saw there are fair types of harem: A good one (no question asked), (in a way) good ones, bad ones (average harem anime), the worst type, and "not" even a harem (it can be good or bad).

Most people only sees bad ones which littered throughout Japanese popular media (anime, LN, Manga). And refused to dive more deeper into the genre. Partly it also author's fault because one thing which comes to mind while hearing the word "harem" is that the male/female lead is a beta character which has the blandest type and overly dense and not to mention being denial or overly obsessive with one single fist girl type.

Not to mention, most harem comes with torpedoes just for the sake of One True Route for The One Main Heroine. Those type of execution of course often leaves fans rage, unfulfilled (because of open ending) and very few of them can make a good fulfilled conclusion. Not only that, most harem comes with a time-reset (plot) device which literally obliterate any kind of development (whether small or big) from any girl back into status-quo.

That was why, watching harem hurts so much if it wasn't for the sake of /a/'s-kind of enjoyment (xxx girl the best, xxx girl the worst, shipping wars, etc). Thus making people stereotyping 'harem' genre. Again, I didn't say harem sucks, there are very few of them are worth watching. Heck even one of them is very stands out compared to any kind of 'romance' (not limited to harem) in its respective genre (shonen/seinen).
Feb 27, 2014 10:39 PM

Apr 2009
I wish mangaka would stop copying and pasting the same storyline with just different character selection each time they write something new. What does this one bring that the thousand others dont?. I think is time they learn that the same thing over and over again can be challenged and made different and more unique. This is why the scene is static and generic, with your occasional good ones coming here and there, yet still not enough.
Feb 28, 2014 12:02 AM
May 2012
Andan210 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Oh well, whatever.

Ahahaha, nailed it!!!
Well, I will watch this just for fun, it looks fun in my opinion.

People seems to forget that there are many Anime fans who likes Harem Anime and there are many Anime fans too who doesn't like Harem Anime.
The thing is, Anime like this are made for the Anime fans who likes Harem Anime. If you don't like it then fine, stop acting like Anime are being made just for you, they're made for a wide variety of Anime fans.

Please be open minded people. Don't just look at yourself!!
Feb 28, 2014 12:27 AM

Apr 2011
Error 404, Ridiculously long name not found.

tsubasalover said:
Synopsis:
When he enters high-school, Koutarou Satomi begins living alone in a 6-tatami apartment for 5000 yen per month. After moving in, he realizes there are cute girls that claim to live in room 106 of "Corona-sou" who call themselves a ghost, a person living in the underworld, a person living in space, a magical girl, etc. The war begins.

Well, at least this is somewhat.... intriguing. Will give it a try, I guess.
Feb 28, 2014 12:47 AM

Dec 2012
Constant moaning and bitching in news thread, talking crap about stuff that you didn't even watch and a general sense of undeserved entitlement. How much worse can this community possibly get?

Disgusting.
Feb 28, 2014 4:50 AM

Jul 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Amiluhur said:
This looks positively awful. Only in Light Novel adaptations do you consistently see premise as shamelessly preposterous and self masturbatory as this one.

Pass

This.

Chuunishit, normal highschool MC, meh fantasy allusions thrown in.
Do we also get a childhood friend, a European beauty and an ojou-sama later on?
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Feb 28, 2014 6:29 AM
Feb 2012
Oh please let this thread be open once the show starts airing, so all those defenders can realize it themselves and shut the fuck up.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 28, 2014 6:33 AM
May 2012
GuiltyKing said:
Oh please let this thread be open once the show starts airing, so all those defenders can realize it themselves and shut the fuck up.

Let me correct that for you.

Oh please let this thread be open once the show starts airing, so all those haters can realize it themselves and shut the fuck up.
Feb 28, 2014 6:39 AM

Apr 2009
GuiltyKing said:

I already heard people saying that the first six volumes are supposed to be rather weak.
Sounds apologetic to me, but whatever. If I watch it I'll make sure to lower my expectations according to their judgement. However, these days I hardly have expectations for these type of LN anymore. A shame, I've been asking myself why so many LN that have a good reputation like Zaregoto never get an adaption lately.
Feb 28, 2014 6:58 AM
Feb 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
GuiltyKing said:

I already heard people saying that the first six volumes are supposed to be rather weak.
Sounds apologetic to me, but whatever. If I watch it I'll make sure to lower my expectations according to their judgement. However, these days I hardly have expectations for these type of LN anymore. A shame, I've been asking myself why so many LN that have a good reputation like Zaregoto never get an adaption lately.

Good thing it's only the first six. It's not like a story's first volume is important or anything.

I commend your perseverance. In my case I'd rather shoot myself than sit through one more of those atrocious adaptions. I do keep my eyes open though once I see the words 'light novel' and 'anime adaption' due to the greatness that is F/Z. There have to be good shows out there and once in a while a studio does remember to produce quality work.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 28, 2014 7:23 AM

Apr 2009
There are a lot of good novels published in the format, but most of the ones I like are from another time period (like Baccano).
I'd like to blame Haruhi for popularizing this specific kind of subgenre in LNs, but that would be too simple. It's probably just the cheapest and most secure way to guarantee sales in an economic crisis.
Feb 28, 2014 8:18 AM
Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:
Constant moaning and bitching in news thread, talking crap about stuff that you didn't even watch and a general sense of undeserved entitlement. How much worse can this community possibly get?

Disgusting.

Amen, brother.

Save the psychotic rants for the summer, kiddies.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Feb 28, 2014 8:34 AM
Mar 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

With harem anime, I always wait for a PV to determine whether I'll watch it or not. If it's not a busy season, I'll probably try one even if the PVs don't impress me. If it's a busy season, I'll skip it. It's as simple as that. I could whine about it if I wanted but what use would it be if I did? Japan is probably going to keep making these for the next five years at at least. If people want to enjoy them, let them enjoy them since obviously they are the targeted audience.

I looked up Zaregoto on MAL and it does look really interesting and the art style looks unique. I'll answer your question as in why something like Zaregoto doesn't get an anime. Because, as much as it pains me to say it, no body will buy it. It just doesn't cater to the disc buying otaku in Japan. Matter over. There's nothing we can do about it.

For example. Kamisama Hajimemashita, which Funimation themselves said was the most popular Fall 2012 streaming anime for them, loved by loads of people, shoujo fans and non-shoujo fans sold poorly in Japan. Lots of people in Japan liked it, but not enough liked it enough to buy it. This will probably happen to Noragami(airing this season, loved by loads of people here, including myself) as well. There's nothing we can do about it. No matter how much we love something, if it's not popular in Japan, that's the end.

Now, I'll derail the topic somewhat, please bear with me. I won't do it again.

Nidhoeggr, have you watched Saiunkoku Monogatari? It was a LN aimed at females which got an anime. It was extremely good. It was a reverse harem but believe me, nothing like the otome anime we have recently. Yet, it sold as much as or less than these otome anime which anyone can tell are inferior. There's nothing I can do about it.

For the last two to three years I've been hoping ad praying for another LN aimed at females to get animated but I've gotten nothing. It's not like they sell badly. Not as much as male oriented LN but they still sell. People just don't want to take a risk with them because they think it'll be a flop.

After the three shoujo anime in 2012 failed horribly, I thought we'd never see them again. But here we have SoreSekai and Ao Haru Ride coming up. I can only hope and pray again, that they don't flop in Japan, but if they do, again, there's nothing I can do about it.

I'll stop now. I'm sorry mods.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 28, 2014 8:46 AM

Apr 2009
Saiunkoku Monogatari looks fairly interesting, I will give it a shot.
And yes, as I elaborated earlier these LN adaptions are indeed the safest bet to make in the current the industry is in.

And Zaregoto is by Nisio, is there anything by him that didn't sell well?
Feb 28, 2014 9:20 AM
Mar 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

And Zaregoto is by Nisio, is there anything by him that didn't sell well?

I don't know how much Katanagatari sold.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 28, 2014 12:23 PM

Oct 2011
Can't wati
Feb 28, 2014 2:06 PM

Nov 2011
Will try it out, just like I do with every series. Just to discuss it/to know why its selling good/badly.

tsudecimo said:

Disgusting.

Its ironic that the people who complain about the community are the same ones who do what you said.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 1, 2014 3:14 PM
Jul 2013
rederoin said:
Its ironic that the people who complain about the community are the same ones who do what you said.

Because they aren't aware that they ironically represent the majority of the Western community.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Mar 1, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
FireHeart said:
Looks like a nice harem. I will probably check it out to see if it's any good.

Sounds hilarious. He gonna get sum ghost pussy...isn't that the equivalent of fucking the air around you?.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Mar 10, 2014 11:04 AM

Dec 2012
This Anime:

"Due to young Koutarou's financial circumstances, he is forced to live in a small rokujouma (6-tatami apartment) on a budget of 5000 yen a month. On the plus side, he lives rent-free, but on the minus side, that's because room 106 of Corona Apartments is cursed. The ghost is a cute young girl, and hijinks ensue when she tries to drive him out. Between the haunting, Koutarou's nosy neighbors, and a self-styled magical girl flying to the unneeded rescue, there's way too much for the impoverished young man to handle."

Is This A Zombie?:

"Aikawa Ayumu is a normal high school boy. One day he is killed by a serial killer and revived as a zombie by a necromancer named Eucliwood Hellscythe. He starts to serve Eu as her guard but he happens to deprive the masou-shoujo Haruna of her magic power. Haruna orders Ayumu to fight against the anti-masou-shoujo system "Megalo" in her place."

Of course now I HAVE to watch this show, just to see how similar it is to Is This A Zombie?
Mar 10, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
Looking forward to not watching this.
Mar 22, 2014 3:11 PM

Nov 2007
News Update
Staff and detailed cast announced.

Staff
Director: Shin Oonuma
Series Supervision: Takehaya
Series Composition: Shougo Yasukawa
Character Design, Chief Animator: Hideki Furukawa
Music: Ryosuke Nakanishi
Producer: Genco
Studio: Silver Link

Cast
Koutarou Satomi: Yuuichi Nakamura
Sanae Higashihongan: Eri Suzuki
Yurika Nijino: Harumasa Oomori
Kurano Kiriha: Masumi Tazawa
Theiamillia Gre Fortorthe: Masumi Tazawa
Karama: Ayana Taketatsu
Komara: Aoi Yuuki
Kenji Matsudaira: Tatsuhisa Suzuki

PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAo-qht6wXY

Source: Yaraon, under the section of this scan
NaruleachApr 27, 2014 8:13 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 19, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
Suzuki Tatsuhisa? I'm in.

And that makes four (three technically; Kuroshitsuji idk if he'll be in it) Tatsun summer roles :D
Apr 21, 2014 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
Doesn't look like it would be anything interesting. I swear... It's like these novels are not even trying to be different, or are just trying to blend into the background.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 21, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
I will definitely...! - not watch this.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.