Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2009 5:52 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, its a bit too dramatic in my opinion with everyone crying and making a big deal out of the whole thing. Well, I still want to watch the next ep right away though. ^^
Feb 26, 2010 4:59 AM

Feb 2008
HydraA said:
Yup, its a bit too dramatic in my opinion with everyone crying and making a big deal out of the whole thing. Well, I still want to watch the next ep right away though. ^^

it wouldn't matter if it was a game of go fish, if you invested that much emotion/hope/whatever into a game and then lost in in such a humiliatingly one-sided manor, you're going to be emotional. in their case that meant crying and trying not to puke.
Jul 21, 2010 6:41 PM
Apr 2010
Its so funny how like almost everyone cries. I laughed when i watched this episode. :)
Jan 20, 2012 5:40 PM

May 2009
I laughed too. I mean, they all acted like such drama queens. Especially Mr. Pro. Throwing fits like that makes me feel less sorry for the previous haze and all.
Mar 7, 2012 8:39 AM

Aug 2007
This is awful cornball, I couldn't possibly take any of this seriously when it was over a fucking board game. I can understand crying over losing an extremely intense game of basketball, boxing(except your face might hurt too much to shed tears) or baseball, sure. But Go? Really?

Mar 22, 2012 3:33 PM

Jul 2009
Eh, I thought the crying was a bit overdone too but I can understand if you've put all that effort in and you lose. I don't see how it's any different than a sport, really :S
I care too much for these poor boys though, all three of them losing like that T_T Especially Hikaru ... well ... you just watch out Akira, because he's coming back for you! Although I DO wish we could have seen Sai play, he's so awesome :P
May 15, 2013 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
Hias said:
This is awful cornball, I couldn't possibly take any of this seriously when it was over a fucking board game. I can understand crying over losing an extremely intense game of basketball, boxing(except your face might hurt too much to shed tears) or baseball, sure. But Go? Really?

Well said. Exactly so.
Dec 4, 2013 1:18 AM
Apr 2013
HydraA said:

I agree with this guy. The episode was very convincing until they started crying for no reason. I've enjoyed the series up to this point very much, it's addictive and fascinating. Just that last part of this episode was a bit out of the blue. Maybe I'm not competitive enough? ^^
Feb 3, 2014 8:48 PM
Sep 2009
For them board game is just as important as football and other sports for others. I personally don't care when this or that team loses in football yet fans go bat shit crazy over those.

It doesn't matter what it is, board game or any other activity. As long as you love it and put lots of effort into it, it always will hurt losing. Granted this episode went overboard but you guys are going overboard as well by making fun of people for whom board games are just as important as football/basketball for you. They are not as different as you make them seem.

What I'm more annoyed about is Hikaru. What did he expect when he can't even win against normal players? Like yes I can understand his frustration but outcome was expected, he really shouldn't be that saddened by it considering that Akira has years of experience while he only has few months at best.

While Akira annoyed me, I can understand him too. He was training so hard and here Hikaru is pretty much taking a piss out of him by playing as a noob instead of taking him seriously. At least that's how he sees it. His frustration is pretty much the only I can understand. Maybe also a bit of Mitani as well, but other two cried basically for nothing.

Being saddened yeh, but crying was a bit of an over kill.
Apr 29, 2014 12:51 AM

Jun 2011
kitten320 said:
For them board game is just as important as football and other sports for others. I personally don't care when this or that team loses in football yet fans go bat shit crazy over those.

It doesn't matter what it is, board game or any other activity. As long as you love it and put lots of effort into it, it always will hurt losing. Granted this episode went overboard but you guys are going overboard as well by making fun of people for whom board games are just as important as football/basketball for you. They are not as different as you make them seem.

What I'm more annoyed about is Hikaru. What did he expect when he can't even win against normal players? Like yes I can understand his frustration but outcome was expected, he really shouldn't be that saddened by it considering that Akira has years of experience while he only has few months at best.

While Akira annoyed me, I can understand him too. He was training so hard and here Hikaru is pretty much taking a piss out of him by playing as a noob instead of taking him seriously. At least that's how he sees it. His frustration is pretty much the only I can understand. Maybe also a bit of Mitani as well, but other two cried basically for nothing.

Being saddened yeh, but crying was a bit of an over kill.

Well said. The last sentence though, it's a little overboard indeed, but you have high schoolers, or even adults, crying over some freakin romance/heartbreak, they are still 13. It's the same thing really, they are all emotionally involved.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 7, 2014 3:09 PM

May 2012
Too melodramatic episode and well now that they lost with a huge defeat I wonder what he'll do next!
Apr 24, 2016 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
Hikaru is such a little selfish prick. I hate him.
He have betrayed Touya's hopes and also have mocked Go.
Jan 9, 2017 2:31 PM
Feb 2015
newb move from Hikaru ruining it let the old man play till you get good m8
Jan 14, 2017 7:34 PM

Oct 2016
I feel pretty sad when my grade goes down, so their game must be as important as their academic career. They probably spend all their time studying go. There was no reason for Akari to cry though...
Aug 9, 2018 6:01 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Akira, he was betrayed by Hikaru.
I wanted another Sai vs Akira game, it's a pity Hikaru ruined it.
Nov 29, 2021 10:23 AM

Dec 2007
i understand hikaru to want to test things for himself, but he just got lost from there like sai said.
don't care much for akira though, he deserved that in his face.

mitani on the other hand fell too much for his opponent tricks and tsutsui was... tstutsui...
the moment when they cried was a bit overkill though i understand them, but... akari, what are you crying for? lol
Feb 4, 2023 10:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
no miracles in this time!!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 22 Discussion

EvianBubble - Apr 1, 2012

7 by Horshu »»
Apr 4, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 20 Discussion

13 by Horshu »»
Apr 4, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 17 Discussion

8 by Horshu »»
Apr 4, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Episode 75 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 21, 2009

54 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jan 23, 3:07 PM

» Help: Hikaru no Go filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 27, 2023

1 by Cottard29 »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.