Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2009 3:05 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm on the verge of tears T_T

Definitely one of Sahara Mizu's best works.
Aug 21, 2009 5:08 AM

May 2008
Was still hoping for Yuu's release:/ the ending was a bit too sad
Aug 23, 2009 8:04 PM

Dec 2007
Cried rivers
Aug 27, 2009 11:58 PM

Feb 2008
damn it's been long since I cried while reading something... :'(
Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

Apr 2008
I just finished it, I never cried while reading manga but I'm crying now :(

OMG it's so sad :( I can't believe he died like this :(!! even thought from the beginning I knew he will die but in the end maybe her brother will help a little. :(

It's really sad story. :'(
Sep 10, 2009 4:27 PM
Mar 2008
Just like Noura, I never cry while reading manga, but I was bawling reading this last chapter. The ending was so tragic and so painful, yet it was uplifting too, because he was able to leave her with a hope and a new ability to look at her life and see the good in it.

But OMG, it was so extremely sad that after the horror of the life he'd lived, his life had to end like that.

This is probably the most powerful manga I've ever read. Sahara Mizu is brilliant at capturing the emotion of a moment, regardless of if there's source material or if it's an original story.

Beautiful series with an impact like a punch to the gut. Love it!
Oct 7, 2009 3:31 PM

May 2008
Just finished it. I won't lie, I'm crying like a baby right now.

This manga is SO emotionally powerful, truly a masterpiece.
Oct 29, 2009 1:58 AM

Oct 2008
Superb ending, this last chapter was the best. The previous chapters don't quite match up, but it's still a great manga.
Nov 1, 2009 6:02 PM

Mar 2009
Just finished all of it today.
I knew I wanna going to cry soon once I reached ch. 8 and I did ;-;
yumeka sumomo is amazing!
Nov 5, 2009 7:29 PM

Jun 2009
i just finished it as well.

it was beautiful, moving, in every way possible. i wish there were more of this kind of manga. those that move you.
LoreleiNov 5, 2009 7:47 PM

I am a guy. Don't let my avatar, Yukishiro Tomoe, fool you.
Nov 8, 2009 10:47 PM

May 2009
A good story, a bit sad at the end though, i guess i'm happy Yuu experienced happiness and that happiness was rediscovered for Her as well. Overall a very good story.

gastricjuiceNov 8, 2009 10:50 PM
Nov 12, 2009 1:04 PM
Jan 2009
I was selfishly hoping that he wouldn't get the death penalty.
This was so sad, and this last chapter...:'(
Nov 20, 2009 9:42 AM

Mar 2008
I was literally crying through most of the chapters. Wow. It was amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2009 5:38 PM

Jul 2008
sugarplumfairy said:
Same here.

Even though the ending should have been obvious I was still hit by it a lot. ;___;

BEGINNER
Nov 25, 2009 6:14 PM

May 2009
I hate this manga. I mean, I NEVER cry. EVER. Not with movies, or books, maybe rarely with songs. But this fucking manga got me to the verge of tears. It's just so beautiful, so sad.
By the way, all of you who were expecting him to live... come on. You knew the ending. You knew what was gonna happen. Suck it up.
Nov 27, 2009 10:02 PM

Jul 2007
Unbelievably powerful story. I'm pretty much at a loss of words, I kind of want to criticize something about it too, like some of the drawings.. but screw that. This is among the easiest 10/10 I've given here on MAL. I wish some/any animations were awesome like this masterpiece.

About the ending, it sure made me sob too, but I thought it was pretty humane (for the reader!) still. There are enough sadistic mangaka out there who'd have killed half the cast at the end of such a story. That said, up until chapter 6 or so, I didn't really expect the girl to live until the end, heh.
Nov 28, 2009 6:30 PM

Nov 2009
It wasn't fair Yuu didn't deserve to die. He was just brought up in the wrong environment.

lawliet5Jan 16, 2010 5:13 PM
Nov 29, 2009 9:50 AM

Nov 2008
Even though i knew it was coming, it was still sad :-(

Perfect example of why the death penalty sux
Dec 3, 2009 7:14 PM

Jun 2007
Thanks Yumeka Sumomo for this beautiful story
and yet so sad, I was crying so much >_<
when she was playing the piano and crying, and he was standing there crying
and i was crying too
such a beautiful an sad part, i just loved this manga.
Feb 24, 2010 10:34 PM

Apr 2008
The ending was well executed. A bittersweet manga that made me shed a tear, I was listening Loreena McKennitt – Kecharitomene which made the mood perfect. Gotta pay for what you've done.

9-10/10
Mar 4, 2010 1:39 AM
Apr 2009
What a shit life.
Mar 27, 2010 1:29 PM
Mar 2009
Just finished it today, read the first half last night.
I've haven't been this close to bawling since Schindler's List.

Such a beautiful story. A little romanticized I suppose, but that's to be expected.
Still, I'm glad the death sentence doesn't exist here in Canada.
Though when I think about it, had he gotten the life sentence instead... would it really be better to live every day knowing you'll never get to be with the one you love without a glass wall between you?

Have to hate the fact that the best stories are the ones that actually end. :'(
Apr 4, 2010 12:17 PM

Mar 2010
Holy fuck.
This manga made me cry like a baby ;__;
*sniffle*

Even though it was ONLY one volume, it felt like I read more than that. The characters were very well-rounded & the emotions were just the right amount. It's rare that a manga leaves such a big impression on me too.

And I also noticed that it's always the really really good stories that end up being so damn short (I kinda wish it was longer...)

Either way, I enjoyed this manga very much.
It's definitely going into my favorites! ♥
Bunny-kinsApr 4, 2010 12:27 PM
Apr 5, 2010 11:46 PM

Sep 2008
tears ... tears
What to say , great manga , very emotional , wonderful job from he author

the best manga for me ^^
Apr 24, 2010 6:53 PM

Jan 2009
Not just the ending made me cry, it was through the whole manga.

No matter how stupid it sounds, how insanely powerful could be the feeling of regret regardless of what you have done?

It was just genuine, just fucking beautiful. 10/10.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 27, 2010 6:22 AM

Apr 2009
Mikiyo said:
Not just the ending made me cry, it was through the whole manga.

Yeah, I was sobbing here and there, but this ending made me bawl my eyes out. Listening to "Yoru wo Kakeru" while reading made it that much better...
That was just... beautiful.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 27, 2010 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
The manga didn't make me shed a tear. It made me cried rivers! LOL. the ending was so sad. :( I thought it would be quite happy. :(
Apr 28, 2010 6:18 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, I see that my answer in the questionnaire "4 - like it" was the only one.
No, I didn't dislike it, but... I can't give all 5 points. Yuu was the person who had to die. Yes, he's nice. But... we have to see also his victims. Little girl, mommy... but dammit, it's so sad!
Six lives absolutely lost . :(

Sorry for my English ^^
May 2, 2010 5:57 PM

Nov 2008
What a lame manga series. Young spoiled girl, verbally abused by her mother, wants to commit suicide then takes solace in conversing with a criminal who killed a corrupt man and then falls in love with him (only because he's attractive and the only guy she interacts with). The cherry on top was when the mangaka illustrates that the guy actually liked her from a long time ago when he stalked her as she practiced piano.

This tragedy is hilariously bad at best. This would only have been a tragedy if this was a real life story rather than a lame set up for a romance manga.

4/10
arimakenshinMay 2, 2010 6:00 PM
May 6, 2010 7:29 AM
Mar 2010
Tegami said:
Just finished it. I won't lie, I'm crying like a baby right now.

This manga is SO emotionally powerful, truly a masterpiece.

Same, Im crying lots.
May 31, 2010 9:10 AM

Jul 2008
arimakenshin said:
What a lame manga series. Young spoiled girl, verbally abused by her mother, wants to commit suicide then takes solace in conversing with a criminal who killed a corrupt man and then falls in love with him (only because he's attractive and the only guy she interacts with). The cherry on top was when the mangaka illustrates that the guy actually liked her from a long time ago when he stalked her as she practiced piano.

This tragedy is hilariously bad at best. This would only have been a tragedy if this was a real life story rather than a lame set up for a romance manga.

4/10

Believe me, if you take like that ALL anime/manga/books even real life then it all sounds like a big soap opera.Now I'm not going to argue anymore with anyone because opinions aren't always the same.

ANYWAY, this was..I don't have words.I see that everyone here said that they don't usually cry so it's ok for me since I start bawling even at the things I know that are going to be ok.
I expected it to end like that.And I actually like the ending although I would've loved seeing it in another form[such as, Yuu survives and he gets out of prison years later and stuff like that.]
10/10 from me.
Jun 8, 2010 7:47 AM

Jun 2009
Emotionally gripping! The story has beautifully portrayed the lessons of forgiveness and happiness even in this kind of situations..

It really made me cry a pool of tears though I'm the sort who cries to this kind of drama... but nevertheless, it is rich with raw emotions and makes you think how you see life as a whole..

It is poignantly captivating... A must read to those who likes stories that grip the heart and wrench the soul.. hehe.. I'm thankful that I stumbled upon this accidentally coz I have read a very beautiful manga.. Live because life is surely beautiful even amidst the hardships! ^o^
Jun 8, 2010 9:21 AM

Dec 2009
Obviously knew that was coming, but I still sobbed.
Probably one of the most beautiful mangas I've ever read.

Jun 8, 2010 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
A really heart warming story. Truly beautiful. 9/10.
Jun 10, 2010 5:09 PM

Nov 2008
A murderer manages to emotionally bed a depressed, insecure girl because he's the only male presence in her life. How are people sobbing over this?

/analytical perspective
Jun 25, 2010 7:58 AM

Sep 2008
Although I saw the ending coming from a mile away, it still sucked as much as I was expecting. Didn't make me cry.

That said, I'm giving this a 10/10 cause I thought it was really damn good.
Jun 28, 2010 5:39 AM
Jun 2010
The story was so bitter sweet and I can't believe this made me cry so much.
Jun 28, 2010 5:51 AM

Mar 2010
Finished.
Good story, good characters, but something doesn't work. I just finished an emotional story, one of those stories that make you think, and I feel that my life will go ahead as I didn't read anything.
I can't stand it, a failed masterpiece. Why I don't feel anything about?
Jun 28, 2010 11:54 PM

Aug 2009
Wtf
I didn't think this manga was sad at all...
I guess they call me Chris Brown.
Jul 1, 2010 11:00 AM

Mar 2009
What a profound, human, and tragically beautiful story. Simplistic in character in setting, this work should be required reading for everyone. Besides the immediate applications to the morality of capital punishment and the humanity of those society perceives as bad, this is a such a deep look inside two complex humans that I'd think only the people living it could know. From beginning to end I was dragged along a tale of sorrow that never felt to angsty or tragic. Every string of dialogue or narrative had a sense of significance to it. And even though the end was predictable, it managed to carry so much weight because of what the story did leading up to it. The first 10 I have ever issued to a manga.
Jul 26, 2010 9:23 PM

Mar 2010
adamantine said:
sugarplumfairy said:
Same here.

Even though the ending should have been obvious I was still hit by it a lot. ;___;

Me too T^T I were hoping for him to avoid death to the same end... I knew it was to come but still... Maaan, he was soo good person it hurts T^T Damn psycho !!! It was his fault T^T I must calm myself... Ahh.. Anyway I'm thankfull i was able to read this manga...Really thankfull
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Aug 4, 2010 5:09 PM

Apr 2009
arimakenshin said:

4/10

Do you have no soul or compassion?!? Meh, I'll leave it be because, generally, its a waste of effort.

This is the first manga I have been glued to since I have looked around. For years, I had read the first chapter of lots of manga titles, but this is the first to keep me at it.

Granted, it does require a good sense of a certain emotional grip to understand why it worked, so I guess I can understand why some may not find it to their taste.

But having only read two manga's in full, I can't justify giving it a 10 having only one other to go by. If I think it's brilliant, but not a 10. May change that as I read more.
Aug 7, 2010 1:33 PM

Oct 2009
I feel like I've read something of great importance. I hope I'll remember the conclusions these two came to and the words that had been spoken.
Aug 9, 2010 11:19 PM

Jan 2010
tears at 2AM.

What a masterpiece..that was so beautifully written. I could go on but what can I say that hasn't already be said.
Aug 12, 2010 3:00 PM
Mar 2008
I have read this manga because I saw it was ranked #3, but didn't like it. In my opinion it's overrated as hell. Maybe a lot of people find it touching, but for me there was too much of pseudopsychological blabbering. I'm often being moved by manga, but not this time.
Zemsta_elektrykaAug 12, 2010 3:03 PM
------
Aug 17, 2010 3:55 AM
Jul 2008
This ending wasn't sad at all. I've watched the Korean movie of this film, that's what I call a sad ending.
Sep 2, 2010 3:41 PM

Jan 2010
Tarrasji said:
This ending wasn't sad at all. I've watched the Korean movie of this film, that's what I call a sad ending.

^True

The ending of the movie is more sad, one of the most sad movies I watched.
Sep 6, 2010 12:02 PM

Jul 2007
Wow... I mean, just wow. I came across this manga by accident, probably the best accident that ever happened to me =)
The end was amazing.
True, it was sad but also very realistic... I mean, come on, if Yuu was released in the end it would've been so... Wrong.
Anyways, great story, true and honest message, gorgeous art and well developed characters.
Loved.
Sep 6, 2010 12:17 PM

Nov 2008
Lonely, rebellious, suicidal virgin with mental issues falls in love with the only guy she ever got to know, who happens to be a murderer.

Are people conveniently forgetting that the guy used to stalk her as she played the piano and also murdered a person? I guess the distinct feature between creepy and "romantic" is the attractiveness of the guy.
Sep 7, 2010 6:25 PM

May 2010
Come on, who really didn't see this coming?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan Chapter 1 Discussion

-kassy- - Feb 12, 2011

27 by FarCritical »»
Mar 19, 9:32 AM

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 )

SleepyBear - May 29, 2014

85 by Hiddengems »»
Feb 8, 9:13 AM

» Saddest manga?

Blackmanjones6 - Dec 24, 2021

2 by Jim_Heart »»
Feb 19, 2023 5:32 AM

Poll: » Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan Chapter 7 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Apr 16, 2011

21 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 26, 2021 11:10 PM

Poll: » Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan Chapter 6 Discussion

5layer - Jun 25, 2010

29 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 26, 2021 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.