Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A solemn atmosphere so far in this novel. Apparently, this is selling quite well in Japan but not very well known in the West. I just read the first volume and it is quite unique with dynamics.

We have a main protagonist who isn't very good at reading but still interested in the contents of textbook culture. It seems their grandmother wasn't also fond of reading. Funny how the theme relates to books but not everyone excels/is interested in the idea. Quite interesting stuff so far. I really do wonder what other books will be explored in this series and what kind of themes to that can tie or relate with literal conceptions.
Feb 28, 2014 2:29 AM

Jun 2010
Grandmother of Goura? I think she likes books.
LOL
Mar 20, 2014 4:39 PM

Oct 2012
Goura's grandmother loved books. She was a bookworm and wanted him to be with a woman that loved books as much as she did.

I'm really liking the story so far. I hope they translate the second volume soon.
I like the idea of the novel focusing on the stories of the books' previous owners.
Hopefully, more people will read this.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Feb 12, 2017 4:30 AM

Mar 2016
Oh my God. I read the first chapter. One simple word: Amazing . The way how real life stories and book stories interconnect and are woven into each others while drawing a sad yet heart-warming narrative. It's really fascinating to have Natsume Sosuke's story explored like this . This was beautiful , 10/10 for first chapter. I wonder if Daisuki and Shinokawa will get together. Loved their interactions. Looking forward to Dazai Osamu's story.
Shishou_23Feb 12, 2017 4:36 AM
Aug 1, 2017 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
It is a decent start. But really, the light novel industry really likes the theme of literature.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 25, 2019 12:58 AM
Dec 2019
i've just finished the whole series and have to admit it's the greatest novel i've ever read. the ending is quite satisfying too
Nov 14, 2021 12:20 AM
Jun 2017
Finished reading the whole series. And it has to be said that it shouldn't be included in the light novel because it's really on another level (and it doesn't even have any illustrations other than the cover of the book). Great, excellent, wonderfull. Dive into books, categorize books. Makes me dumbfounded, don't know what words to use to describe my love for it.

More topics from this board

» So what's the deal with this series?

auraMAL - Jul 12, 2012

8 by Tristar_Shinobi »»
Jul 17, 2021 7:31 AM

Poll: » Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Volume 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2015

1 by irumaisbaby »»
Sep 22, 2016 6:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.