Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2009 2:14 PM

Jan 2009
So Ciel was laughing so hard that all those poor miserable children who were taken from the streets and brought up to be circus people by that insane pervert fought and lost their lives for nothing O_o? Starting to wonder who the real demon in this story is...

This manga is sick, way more than the anime. But I still somehow love it *_*.

Jan 8, 2010 6:26 PM

Nov 2009
Loved the ryuk "humans are interesting vibe" =)
Also, ciel's maniacal laughter reminded me of lelouch's after he did similarly horrible things. I felt so bad for the circus people (esp doll and joker) =(
"Father yearned for yesterday. You yearn for today. I yearn for tomorrow." -Lelouch
Dec 13, 2011 11:29 PM
Feb 2010
The first time I read this chapter I thought: This manga is really cynical: Calling hope a waste of time. Steal or be stolen from. Kill or be killed. Then I re-read it and thought that it was a criticism of blind faith. But it's really just about the dark side of human nature and the unfairness that is life. Toboso and/or her editor(s) are trying to create something deeper than it seems (a pretty-looking, yet violent manga with yaoi undertones). I hope they succeed.
Apr 1, 2012 12:16 AM
Sep 2011
I really like how surprised Sebastian was when Ciel started to laugh. I mean really there can't be very many things left in the world that surprise him.

I also enjoy how dark this manga is. I like how Ciel had the correct reaction to be horrified by what was being done to the children then he was like 'Sebastian I order you to burn those kids alive'. I mean that is pretty horrible. I understand the reasoning behind what he did. I think he was correct. But he could have had Sebastian kill them quickly.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Dec 10, 2013 12:50 AM

Apr 2012
MrsRoyMustang said:
But he could have had Sebastian kill them quickly.

I thought the same thing at first, but they're practically vegetables, so they wouldn't feel the pain.
Aug 2, 2014 12:31 AM

Dec 2012

Yeah ;_;
Sep 8, 2014 8:28 PM
Dec 2010
This is the first chapter of Kuroshitsuji I have ever commented on. Recently I purchased 14 volumes of the manga, and while I enjoyed them to a certain extent, the Book of Circus arc elevated the proceedings to a height I never even thought possible. I'm so glad I held off on finishing the anime, now that I know the truth of the canon.

This manga has put a knife in my soul and twisted it so...and I hope nothing ever pulls it out.
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Nov 12, 2015 1:22 PM

Jan 2012
they didn't show the scene where they buy an orange in anime.

Feb 7, 2017 1:32 PM

Jan 2016
little girl to sebastian "may god bless you"
lul
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to AllenVonStein
they didn't show the scene where they buy an orange in anime.
@AllenVonStein Suuuuuper late, but they did. Book of Circus episode 10 15:13

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Yesterday

1 by calzonepocket »»
Yesterday, 5:54 AM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

» I appreciate this not being a BL because...

Absurdo_N - Mar 20

7 by PeripheralVision »»
Mar 24, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 9 Discussion

Turbe - Oct 16, 2008

12 by Virtecek »»
Mar 10, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.