MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 5 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei »» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 5 Discussion

Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 5 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

162 63.78%
4 out of 5: Liked it

43 16.93%
3 out of 5: It was OK

32 12.60%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

10 3.94%
1 out of 5: Hated it

7 2.76%
Voters: 254

09-09-09, 4:20 PM

Olymunaai said:
Sarukah said:
Watched it. Hated it like the rest of it. Am going to pretend Rei never existed.
These OVAs were such a sham compared to the rest of the series, its utterly ridiculous.

I don't understand why this OVA series gets random hate from people who compare it to the first and second season. The first episode and this episode were both hillarious and a great break from the killing spam, the short Rika arc wasn't that great but the other 2 episodes were fine.

I'm going to have to agree with Sarukah. I got plenty of laughs, sure, but in the end the humor was quite dumb and random. The humor in the first 2 seasons seemed a lot more intelligent, the OVA seems to rely on fanservice as its main source of humor *Points at Rena/Takano yuri moment, and general boob pressing scenes/bikini scenes*.

In all I'm fairly happy with how it concluded in the OVA. It's nice to see how the characters act outside of the murder situations for once, without fear of more death.

09-09-09, 5:20 PM

I thought Rena would kiss Keiichi T_T That would be awesome but it doesn't happened.. XD I liked this episode <3 Especially the random "angry" rena scenes XD

09-09-09, 5:33 PM

Bout time we got some subs.

I loved this episode. ^_^ You just gotta love Rena.

09-09-09, 5:41 PM

Well no complaints here since Rena is my favorite character of all time :-) This was a hilarious episode and this was definitely a good homage to Rena and her fans. If only I could have picked up the white Magatama.

Anyways, good episode, a nice little closure to the series. I'll give a Higurashi Rei a 7/10.

09-09-09, 5:48 PM

did you people really expect that the final episode of rei would have some killings and blood and stuff like that? It was mentioned in the beginning of the ovas that the 1st and 5th episode would be all about comedy. Also, continuing the plot in the ova would just ruin the 1st season and kai's resolution. Btw hearing Hanyuu and Rena's "Hauuuu" is a big relief after enduring 10 episodes of Maria's "uuuuuh" :D

09-09-09, 6:01 PM

^Lol, Uuu~ you mean.

I agree with you here though, many people expected some kind of linear story to the main, but only episodes 2-4 really contained any substance. Episodes 1 and 5 were meant to give a break from all the drama that Higurashi comes with. It was even more necessary for episode 5 so we could end on a happy note.

09-09-09, 7:07 PM

Satoko's ulterior motives.

I want to see a Miyo x Rena relationship though, it's just so.... marimite...

09-09-09, 8:00 PM

So wait, that's how they fucking end it?

Don't get me wrong. I loved both seasons of Higurashi. Rei however was intriguing until this episode. Fansubs took forever and basically after the opening I was basically asking myself "how in the HELL does this pertain to earlier episodes of Rei?". Like, if this was an OVA standstill of one episode, I'd probably give it a 7. Rei overall gets 6. Too much dialogue let up to bullshit with unanswered questions. I am highly disappointed.
People are strange, when you're a stranger

09-09-09, 8:17 PM

Benj-san said:

Don't get me wrong. I loved both seasons of Higurashi. Rei however was intriguing until this episode. Fansubs took forever and basically after the opening I was basically asking myself "how in the HELL does this pertain to earlier episodes of Rei?". Like, if this was an OVA standstill of one episode, I'd probably give it a 7. Rei overall gets 6. Too much dialogue let up to bullshit with unanswered questions. I am highly disappointed.

You should think of episodes 1 and 5 as side stories completely unrelated to episodes 2-4. And Rei wasn't meant to answer any questions at all since this is an OVA. All the questions were answered in Kai.

09-09-09, 8:27 PM

lol Ooishi is big pimpin'. He didn't even blush ridiculously like Tomitake.

This episode was a hau~ overload, but it had lots of Rena, so I'm pleased! But overall, the OVAs sucked... Kind of a huge disappointment. :|

09-09-09, 8:36 PM

haha ... thats hilarious ...

09-09-09, 9:42 PM

Too bad the real Higurashi feeling ended with the 2nd season. Overall, the OVA's are alright and average. Nice to see a lot of Rena this episode.

09-09-09, 9:43 PM

After such a long time finally Higurashi really over.

I this episode is pretty good with much of hillariousness in it.
Somehow i see Marimite & Saki's parody in this episode lol

Well, farewell higurashi, it's now umineko's time

09-09-09, 9:55 PM

Best episode of Rei, imo.

Indeed, lots of Hanyuu and Rena.

It was awesome. :D

09-10-09, 3:17 AM

PsychFreak said:
Benj-san said:

You should think of episodes 1 and 5 as side stories completely unrelated to episodes 2-4. And Rei wasn't meant to answer any questions at all since this is an OVA. All the questions were answered in Kai.

Still, even if it's an OVA, it's a weak ending IMO.
People are strange, when you're a stranger

09-10-09, 5:41 AM

I dont wanna call people stupid but people don't realize that this episode was like a satire on the seriousness of the two prequel seasons, i found it very funny, especially when they were playing mahjong and the suspense music was on. XD
Then the lesbian twist between tanako and rena and the switches between renas dark and sweet side.
The series ended with the second season and like some people say, this is just OVAS and the first and last episodes were great comedy and suspense in between of what could have happened with the story, but it has nothing with the story whatsoever.

So Relax and don't take down the rating of a good show just because you are hating.

09-10-09, 5:45 AM

I don't see why everyone is getting so worked up about this. The middle arc was the core part of this series, and didn't need blood or gore. It was meant to be touching, another look at 'what could have been'. This episode, along with the first episode were just silly fanservice romps, nothing to be taken seriously.

09-10-09, 7:08 AM

It was hilarious on a retarded level.

09-10-09, 8:26 AM

we need retardness to take out the serious part of the gore anime series that makes us shit our pants XD

09-10-09, 8:42 AM

Well this was an enjoyable OVA of a great series :D

Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices