MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Umineko no Naku Koro ni »» Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion

Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

114 47.70%
4 out of 5: Liked it

58 24.27%
3 out of 5: It was OK

33 13.81%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

20 8.37%
1 out of 5: Hated it

14 5.86%
Voters: 239

08-20-09, 11:17 AM

okay, my question might have been asked a million times already, but I'm tired of VN readers posting about stuff that I have no idea what their talking about.. What is the red text? and I saw someone mention

Modified by Sigyn, 08-20-09, 11:28 AM
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

08-20-09, 11:23 AM

Sigyn said:
okay, my question might have been asked a million times already, but I'm tired of VN readers posting about stuff that I have no idea what their talking about.. What is the red text? and I saw someone mention blue text?

Whatever Beatrice says in red is the truth. As for the
that's in the last question arc so it doesn't matter right now. It was spoilered for a reason y'know.
Modified by UBWah, 08-20-09, 11:29 AM

08-20-09, 11:30 AM

ahh okay thanks for answering :)
oh I kept reading I forgot it was in a spoiler, I edited my post. Seems like there are a lot of things in spoilers it's hard to keep track.
- Noblesse Oblige -

08-20-09, 11:40 AM

Sigyn said:

oh I kept reading I forgot it was in a spoiler, I edited my post. Seems like there are a lot of things in spoilers it's hard to keep track.

lol that's okay. Besides, sometimes it's tempting to look at spoilers.

08-20-09, 11:47 AM

Renza said:
Sigyn said:

lol that's okay. Besides, sometimes it's tempting to look at spoilers.

yeah tell me about it, sometimes its frustrating for the non-VN users >.> but I did hear the VN is only so far so maybe.. the anime will eventual catch up :) so we will all be on the same page! It would be nice.. but who knows lol
- Noblesse Oblige -

08-20-09, 11:54 AM

Actually the most recent VN that came out this last weekend is an arc that won't appear till Umineko's second season. And the next VN comes out right around the time first season ends, so VN readers will still be ahead.

08-20-09, 12:16 PM

JackFrost said:
Actually the most recent VN that came out this last weekend is an arc that won't appear till Umineko's second season. And the next VN comes out right around the time first season ends, so VN readers will still be ahead.

ugh, it's that far ahead.. yeah we'll never catch up :( oh well I'm enjoying the anime :) that's all that matters

Thanks for the info
- Noblesse Oblige -

08-20-09, 1:24 PM

i wonder if the subs will be out today...

08-20-09, 3:26 PM

This episode disappointed me. I figured the reason that DEEN was rushing through the previous scenes was so that they would have time to do the meta battles well. But I felt that this episodes emphasis was on the Kanon fight and not the meta battle, which I think is wrong. It just felt like it had none of the impact that it should have.

With that aside the rest of the episode was decent. I have no problems with the censorship, and the Kanon fight scene managed to be pretty dramatic even with me knowing what was going to happen. I just wish they didn't have to sacrifice the meta battle for it.

08-20-09, 3:30 PM

Wattson said:
This episode disappointed me. I figured the reason that DEEN was rushing through the previous scenes was so that they would have time to do the meta battles well. But I felt that this episodes emphasis was on the Kanon fight and not the meta battle, which I think is wrong. It just felt like it had none of the impact that it should have.

With that aside the rest of the episode was decent. I have no problems with the censorship, and the Kanon fight scene managed to be pretty dramatic even with me knowing what was going to happen. I just wish they didn't have to sacrifice the meta battle for it.

Yeah. The meta scenes are what makes Umineko. Shortening them for other scenes is not good. Let's hope the meta scenes in the next episode have a lot more screen time.

08-20-09, 4:05 PM

The anime really starts to grow on me!

I love this Phoenix Wright feeling. I love riddles and especially things that remind me of Phoenix Wright.

But come on, the first "riddle" was way to simple.

Since it is obvious that she won't make it too easy, he should have known the answer much earlier.

After this episode, I'm pretty sure this will be the best anime in summer 2009 for me.

By the way, I want to beat the fucking shit out of Maria so badly everytime I see her, she's driving me nuts.
Modified by Zilpzalp, 08-20-09, 4:11 PM

08-20-09, 4:10 PM

Lol, don't fuck with mad rabbits. Fighting between Kanon and Beatrice's furnitures was pretty well done. Somehow even it was a bit exciting. :del And I like when randomly Beatrice and Battler appears to solve the mystery who was right, magic or = anti magic. Anyway, once again great episode imo. I just wish episodes would be longer, somehow ~23 minutes isn't enough. Always when episode ends I want more. ;-; Well, its really pain in the ass to wait week for new episode. Especially when its your favorite anime of season.

08-20-09, 4:26 PM

I noticed us VN readers are the ones moping and groping on this episode, while the anime only watchers are the ones that enjoyed the episode a lot.

*sigh* Maybe the VN shouldn't have been translated until the anime was over. Maybe then we wouldn't be so nitpicky.
Modified by HaiShang, 08-20-09, 4:43 PM

08-20-09, 4:54 PM

Man my head hurts after this one, but can't wait for the conclusion
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

08-20-09, 4:57 PM

PsychFreak said:
I noticed us VN readers are the ones moping and groping on this episode, while the anime only watchers are the ones that enjoyed the episode a lot.

All the episodes that the VN readers liked the Anime watchers didn't and all the episodes that he Anime watchers liked the VN readers didn't. Hahahahaha.

08-20-09, 5:08 PM

Lazer swords, light sabers.

Star Wars.

08-20-09, 5:50 PM

Zedrane said:
PsychFreak said:

All the episodes that the VN readers liked the Anime watchers didn't and all the episodes that he Anime watchers liked the VN readers didn't. Hahahahaha.

Oh the irony :/

08-20-09, 5:57 PM

WHAT is going on?

08-20-09, 6:31 PM

It seems that evertime Kanon dies its awesomely.
I was a little suprised when the sword thingy came out of his hand.. haha.
Im liking this so far. :)

08-20-09, 6:36 PM

Things to think about.

if Kanon had the power to use a magic sword like that, then why didn't he do it in the first arc? He was by himself confronting Beatrice and he used a billhook instead.

If the culprit for the first twilight was the witch Beatrice then why would she have to go through the trouble of retrieving the key from Maria? She could just use magic to open the lock.

Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices