Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 10, 2008 1:04 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm starting to enjoy this series. This episode was particularly nice though I find it a bit weird that Takuma miraculously got his eyesight back. We also get to learn more about Hinata and Hayami's past. Good episode.

Btw, did anyone else think Makoto (Kanon) when Hinata said "Auuu." Even her face reminded me of Makoto. :D
Jan 10, 2008 8:03 PM

Mar 2007
Eh, it was ok, Kind of boring, though it did have his moments, like when he was tied up :) But if it wasn't for the lurking supernatural aspect in this series, I would be dropping it. As it is, I will probably stick around for another episode or two. It figures that the only character I am interested in (Otoha, she of the horrible voice) is the one that appears the least :D
Jan 11, 2008 5:15 PM

Jul 2007
I loved this episode and this anime. I think that it will start picking up next episode.
Jan 11, 2008 5:16 PM

Aug 2007
i liked it, cant wait for the next episode, im wondering why hayami is so hated by everyone.
Jan 11, 2008 5:26 PM

Aug 2007
The premise somewhat reminds me of Higurashi, not in the killer lolis kind of way. The pacing seems somewhat slow, but its a nice slice of life/romance type of anime. Hoping the pacing speeds up somewhat, maybe Hirose will loose his eyesight somewhere near the middle of the series or something.

It would have been nice if Hirose was some buff guy because all he did was lift weights when he was blind. Wouldn't matter how many goons Yui has or how many other boys are dicks who hit girls, because his power level would be over 9000!!! xD
Jan 11, 2008 5:30 PM

Jan 2007
it was indeed a nice episode. i'm very curious to what the deal is with Hayami. But my overall interest in this show really dropped cause of how Takuma got his sight back.
Jan 11, 2008 5:38 PM

Aug 2007
Otoha did mention that her gift would be short lived, meaning that Hirose should loose his eyesight somewhere down the road once again. I think the reason he got his sight back early was to help establish the story faster than if he was still blind, we probably would have gotten a much different episode 2 if he were still blind.

IIRC, Hirose was blind throughout the game and slowly regained his sight. It would be acceptable in a VN setting, but I doubt it would work in an anime that requires the story to be told early on.

If Hirose retains his "temporary" sight throughout the series, H2O would lose major points for that early blunder that they made. The whole premise of the blindness is due to Hirose's psychological trauma, only fair that he regained what he lost by accepting and dealing with his own problems; not some uber hax from a God xD
Jan 11, 2008 5:40 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder why nobody is surprised of Hirose being able to see, as he was totally blind when he got into the town...

Wouldn't someone normal think that he was just faking being blind?
Jan 11, 2008 6:08 PM

Oct 2007
lol sometimes i had to mute this because the music were just to cruel to my ears...
RifleJan 11, 2008 6:58 PM
Jan 11, 2008 6:12 PM

Nov 2007
PimpToad said:
The premise somewhat reminds me of Higurashi, not in the killer lolis kind of way.b] xD
It reminded me of Higurashi too. There are several similarities like the different families and the small town. It has the feel of Higurashi but without the killing.
Jan 11, 2008 7:51 PM

Jun 2007
I might be the only one that finds this show extremely disturbing lol. So far the whole story has soly been focused on the whole town being pissed off at one small girl that appears to have done nothing to extreme other then talk back to classmates. They beat on her, pour pee water on her, spit on her, and call her a monster and other derogatory names. I honestly hope the story gets better then this later on because if the only reason their all pissed at her is because of something her family did in the past, I'm giving this show a 2 out of 10.

Graphics are somewhat good, music is so so.
Jan 11, 2008 7:58 PM

Jan 2008
Ryoujin said:
I wonder why nobody is surprised of Hirose being able to see, as he was totally blind when he got into the town...

Wouldn't someone normal think that he was just faking being blind?

Ya, that was kinda odd as well. I was waiting for his uncle to react in the beginning though nothing happened.

Anyways good episode, hopefully the next one will give us more of an insight on Hayami's background.
Jan 11, 2008 8:43 PM

Jun 2007
I'm also getting tired of watching Hayami get beat up without knowing the reason. It better be a good reason to pick on some poor girl living on her own without any parents and there better be no nine-tailed roaches! Also, Hirose should've faked blindness when he caught Hayami naked. I liked this show better when he was blind, made him different.

Jan 11, 2008 9:27 PM
Jun 2007
Was better when he was blind. Now it's just generic harem crap. Animation quality has dropped slightly from the first episode as well.

Goshushou-sama Ninomiya-kun anyone? Ugh.

Jan 11, 2008 9:28 PM

Nov 2007
i wouldn't say its boring... its kinda interesting in my point of view, just by looking at the environment the characters are in.
Jan 11, 2008 9:54 PM

Jun 2007
Legion17 said:
I liked this show better when he was blind, made him different.

exactly, I agree 100%. They should have just let his eyes stay blind. Even if in the game he gets his eye sight back, they should have extended it so it didn't happen all at once. This episode was rushed and it was noticeable.

I wont give up on this anime but I really hope theres good answers to why this whole village seems like there on crack. Even the kids dad has that weird vibe like he doesn't belong in this anime at all lol. Does anyone else notice that or is it just me?
Jan 11, 2008 10:57 PM

Oct 2007
radiantfire said:

Btw, did anyone else think Makoto (Kanon) when Hinata said "Auuu." Even her face reminded me of Makoto. :D

Lol, that's funny, because I definitely thought the same thing. As for Hayami, I'm not really sure why everyone hates her, but it seems like she's a witch or she's cursed in some way. Meh, it's all speculation for now.
Jan 11, 2008 11:58 PM

Oct 2007
I'm liking this series so far, although you can kind of foresee quite a few parts of it(storyline wise). The only thing I really want to know, like everyone else here, is why they hate her so much. I'm thinking something along the lines of possibly Hayami caused some house to burn down when they were kids, (belonging to Hinata since they were friends back then apparently) killing her family. In a small town it's likely not to be forgotten, if they are that screwed up to beat a girl and a small boy who so far has done nothing wrong. But that's just my crazy and quick feel I'm getting. Anyway I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Jan 12, 2008 12:54 AM

Jul 2007
I also liked it... ALthhough i agree tht it was lame the fact that no1 said anythingabout hie eyes... Any1 should call him a liar or something this is lol... Byt overall both eps were nice for me...Im definately gonna keep watching as im really curious to see why they beat her... Anyways i dont think is that bad for some1 to drop it...
Jan 12, 2008 1:34 AM

Dec 2007
from this episode, i started to like this series..
well i didnt understand one thing. how did hirose was able to see? also nobody was eveb ssurprised about that..
i think next ep will be rly interesting because we will see why does everyine hate that roach girl. i dont know shes getting bullied... i think shes prety nice and cute... eveb to be able to live on her own.. thats pretty amazing
Jan 12, 2008 4:18 AM

Nov 2007
It's a nice anime I wanna know the true now more then ever because I'm really pissed of how they are against Hayami...
Jan 12, 2008 4:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
marrtiniss said:
from this episode, i started to like this series..
well i didnt understand one thing. how did hirose was able to see? also nobody was eveb ssurprised about that..

I was also wondering why no one noticed the difference. But I believe Otoha is some kind of God, as I said in the discussion of episode 1, and made him able to see (temporarily).

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 12, 2008 6:18 AM

Jun 2007
Hmm... I found this ep kinda annoying at times (and the reasons have been stated -- the fact that no one was surprised that Hirose was able to see, the fact that they don't tell us already what's with Hayami -- I hope they'll do by the next episode, it'll get boring otherwise) . I liked the first episode more.
Jan 12, 2008 6:22 AM

Sep 2007
I'm going to go against the flow and say that I'm really enjoying H2O.
Jan 12, 2008 10:02 AM

Aug 2007
Actually in EP1, Hayami did look sort of surprised at the fact that Hirose's eyes were open. EP2 is probably the day after EP1, meaning Hirose already went to school having the ability to see. There was probably some confusion or whatever, but that was probably settled before the events of EP2, hence the no shock factor concerning his eyesight.

It's possible that the village already knew of his condition and that there will be a day that he will be able to see again...or something =P
PimpToadJan 12, 2008 10:16 AM
Jan 12, 2008 1:25 PM
Jun 2007
PimpToad said:
Actually in EP1, Hayami did look sort of surprised at the fact that Hirose's eyes were open. EP2 is probably the day after EP1, meaning Hirose already went to school having the ability to see. There was probably some confusion or whatever, but that was probably settled before the events of EP2, hence the no shock factor concerning his eyesight.

It's possible that the village already knew of his condition and that there will be a day that he will be able to see again...or something =P

Nice rationalization lol.

Jan 12, 2008 1:28 PM

Aug 2007
PimpToad said:

It would have been nice if Hirose was some buff guy because all he did was lift weights when he was blind. Wouldn't matter how many goons Yui has or how many other boys are dicks who hit girls, because his power level would be over 9000!!! xD

haha. that cracked me up. I got an image of my head of some dragon ball z character.

I just thought it was weird how he miraculously gained his sight and everyone seems nonchalant about it
Jan 12, 2008 2:40 PM

Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:
I honestly hope the story gets better then this later on because if the only reason their all pissed at her is because of something her family did in the past, I'm giving this show a 2 out of 10.

Pretty much my thought. If it turns out that they're treating her this way because she/her family caused a fire or some accident that killed tons of people, I'm dropping it. That's lame.

And like some people have said, they should've kept him blind. It's what made it different from all those other harem shows.
Jan 12, 2008 9:51 PM

Feb 2007
Bah, what's with the animation? And on the bridge, Hirose held out his left hand. However, when Hayami held it, it was Hirose's right.
Jan 12, 2008 11:49 PM

Nov 2007
Im not gonna say the show would be better off with hirose being blind, but magically curing it during the void between episodes 1 and 2 is a bit much--not only that, the whole village doesnt even seem to notice or care. Everyones just like lolwut? when they should all be like @_@WTF!?!?!

Im only gonna watch another episode or two at this rate.
Jan 13, 2008 12:10 AM

Feb 2007
MosefTritonianGT said:
Im not gonna say the show would be better off with hirose being blind, but magically curing it during the void between episodes 1 and 2 is a bit much--not only that, the whole village doesnt even seem to notice or care. Everyones just like lolwut? when they should all be like @_@WTF!?!?!

Im only gonna watch another episode or two at this rate.

Otoha gave him his sight.

It seems that there is mutual resentment towards Hayami, or at least her family. She does seem to dislike her family name. It doesn't seem like anything new, so of course the people will react as if nothing is happening. Hinata and the Kagura family seem to have something to do with it. Getting involved with Hayami would probably get that person the same treatment. Hirose seems like someone special (hence the Hirose-sama from Hinata), so he's probably treading on a very thin line.
Jan 13, 2008 12:26 AM

Nov 2007
Asrialys said:

Yeah, I kinda caught that from the end of the first episode, but my point was they didnt really explain it any further than that. I know otoha calls herself a magical spirit or whatnot, but generally people dont just "give" blind people sight and call it a done deal.

My point was it coulda used a little bit more explanation, considering they just brushed away the one thing that made this show unique.
Jan 13, 2008 1:48 AM

Apr 2007
Faust721 said:
it was indeed a nice episode. i'm very curious to what the deal is with Hayami. But my overall interest in this show really dropped cause of how Takuma got his sight back.

Once more I'm agreeing with Faust's POV, It should have been kept that Takuma still goes blind...Really, calling them Roach is just retarded D:
Jan 13, 2008 1:53 AM

Nov 2007
between this episode and the last some sort of time had to pass. it seems that everyone knows already about him getting his eyesight back and he has already adjusted to it. noone who gains vision would automatically be capable of handling sunlight etc.

i doubt that this anime goes by a day by day basis. as is, in this episode two days were covered.

it seems everyone tho holds the same opinion of wishing he remained blind. it really gave more to the anime. and what the hell is with the hate. its ridiculous, the teacher just like says ok, go beat up that girl.

someone said it before but i didn't quote it, man hirose's father really seems out of place. his design doesn't have the same feel or match up with any of the other characters. i hope there is some reason behind that.
Jan 13, 2008 7:16 AM
Jan 2008
Interesting episode. . . Really made me wonder why the hell everyone hates Hayami so much. That little 'flashback' type scene gave me some insight. It seems a burning house was involved...So, if it turns out it was just something like her family dying when their house burned down and somehow it was her fault, I would be slightly disappointed.

Perhaps her own family abandoned her/died, and she became a creepy emo, then when the fire happened everyone blamed her. . 'cause, you know, everyone always blames the emo.

One other thing, I think there should have been more of an explanation as to why nobody questioned his sudden ability to see >_> I immediately guessed that because a Godly creature returned his sight to him, she also fixed it so that everyone thought that he could always see, but still, it really should be explained. -_-*
Jan 13, 2008 8:46 AM

Feb 2007
MosefTritonianGT said:
Asrialys said:

Yeah, I kinda caught that from the end of the first episode, but my point was they didnt really explain it any further than that. I know otoha calls herself a magical spirit or whatnot, but generally people dont just "give" blind people sight and call it a done deal.

My point was it coulda used a little bit more explanation, considering they just brushed away the one thing that made this show unique.

Well, how often are things explained right away anyway?
Jan 13, 2008 11:29 AM

Jun 2007
crazy_eights said:
someone said it before but i didn't quote it, man hirose's father really seems out of place. his design doesn't have the same feel or match up with any of the other characters. i hope there is some reason behind that.

I'm glad someone else noticed this too. I was beginning to think that I was the only one that felt that way.
Jan 13, 2008 2:19 PM

Nov 2007
Two episodes down, and this is starting to get interesting now.

Also, OP/ED are MUST HAVE. :)
Jan 13, 2008 2:37 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I was disturbed about them beating Hayami, but I think it almost struck as being wrong that they so readily included Hirose as being a "roach" too. I guess I thought it was something specific that they are beating on Hayami (ie: like someone suggested, burning the house down, or something supernatural around her, etc.) ... and that they would so readily include him with her felt to me like anybody could be a roach. I guess it also seemed to downplay the fact they were beating a girl to me. Does that make any sense?

In the first episode, when he can see for a moment, and then is blind again - that was cool. As of right now, I think it would have been better if he would have "run in" to that girl (Otoha?) and then been able to see for a short while after - and in that way, been able to see for the crucial parts of the story.

Hirose's Father...
It's not his father. It's his uncle or caretaker :)
KinetaJan 13, 2008 2:41 PM
Jan 13, 2008 5:33 PM

Aug 2007
I think the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but vice versa applies to the whole "roach" thing. The fire shown in the flashback should play a significant role as to why Hayami is treated as the monster of the village, hence the nickname of "roach." There is also the social cast of the village, Hayami being poor and Yui being rich; which may also play a role in her segregation towards the community. Just idle speculations from what I've seen thus far, take it with a grain of salt.

It was stated that Otoha's gift is only temporary and it is up to Hirose to use it however he wishes. His ability to see is integral to the advancement of the plot, the events of episode 2 would have been much different if he were still blind. I'm hoping the sight is only temporary, as it should be, or the writers would have made an irreversible error in the show.
Jan 13, 2008 7:35 PM

Nov 2007
I think that even if the "initial shock" already happened by the time the events in episode 2 happen, if you're going to make such a change as stripping the main character off the only thing that made him special, at least make it have some kind of repercussion in the other characters

I mean, I think the show is enjoyable and all but what was with that
spiescJan 13, 2008 7:39 PM
Jan 13, 2008 8:04 PM

Jul 2007
wow, so many ppl agree, they really should have just left him blind, now its just a regular harem show... im guessing hinata, hayami, and otoha
it was strange how he just regains his sight and no one notices...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2008 9:01 PM

Jul 2007
Why do they keep beating kohinata up? I can't find a reason as to why everyone would hate this one teenage girl who lives alone and continuously beat her up >_>
The episode was quite average. I was kind of bored half the time and was only watching to see if the might reveal why everyone hates her.
Jan 13, 2008 9:09 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
PimpToad said:
I think the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but vice versa applies to the whole "roach" thing.
I know what you mean... I guess it just felt to me like it lost its significance by so readily including Hirose into it.

PimpToad said:
It was stated that Otoha's gift is only temporary and it is up to Hirose to use it however he wishes...
I understood that from Otoha staying it was temporary and the previous posts about the game, and it was also stated that they needed to change that from the game in order to advance the plot. I was suggesting an alternative version that would keep him blind like the game, but help advance the plot so that he could also see at crucial times.

Not that it matters, as it's already done ^^; It was just random muttering on my part :D
Jan 13, 2008 9:24 PM

Mar 2007
This episode sucked even more than the first one.
Now that he is not blind, I almost lost my interest in this. At least the first episode had something interesting to it, although it sucked.

How come no one even gives a damn that he's not blind anymore?
Jan 14, 2008 6:04 AM
Jan 2008
First half was boring, but second covered it :) Although I don't like his miraculous recover I'll keep watching.
Jan 14, 2008 10:47 AM

Aug 2007
Kineta said:
PimpToad said:

PimpToad said:
It was stated that Otoha's gift is only temporary and it is up to Hirose to use it however he wishes...
I understood that from Otoha staying it was temporary and the previous posts about the game, and it was also stated that they needed to change that from the game in order to advance the plot. I was suggesting an alternative version that would keep him blind like the game, but help advance the plot so that he could also see at crucial times.

Not that it matters, as it's already done ^^; It was just random muttering on my part :D

Wow my useless speculations was actually right for once! Your method would lead to some deus ex omgwtfbbq hax seed mode kind of thing...

Hayami *getting beat up by thugs*
Hirose *my spidey senses are tingling*

*insert Hirose GAR mode*

Hirose *leave her alone!*

*thugs leave*

Hirose *waaah I can't see*

It would actually be funny to see something that stupid being animated...xD

As for the people who are complaining about Hirose's sight, please rewatch the first episode and consider the plot of the anime in general. A blind protagonist would work in a visual novel setting, but it will be painfully slow in the anime department.
Jan 14, 2008 12:17 PM

Nov 2007
I don't get where one would see it as boring I haven't been hooked in so quickly by a first couple of eps like this in a while kinda makes me wish i'd had waited till all 12 were out to watch it cause now I just find myself wanting more right now.
Jan 14, 2008 9:25 PM

Sep 2007
I think everyone is being quite unfair to Hirose in that they want him to back away from Kohinata but not tell him the reason why. Still, it's nice to see that Hirose decides to help and support Kohinata even though he will know that others will be against him :)
Yes, and Hirose got his sight back but I think the story would be more interesting if he doesn't, or if he slowly regains it back ... it might even add more drama too...
Jan 14, 2008 9:36 PM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:

Hayami *getting beat up by thugs*
Hirose *my spidey senses are tingling*

*insert Hirose GAR mode*

Hirose *leave her alone!*

*thugs leave*

Hirose *waaah I can't see*

And thats what I originally thought would happen. Its to bad they didn't stick with that, now its just kind of bland.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

alert105 - Mar 21, 2008

275 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:52 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Phrosh - Jan 25, 2008

77 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

78 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Mar 15, 2008

99 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Mar 8, 2008

58 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.