Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2008 12:08 PM

Aug 2007
I prefer to call it an deus ex plot device which will inevitably get repeated throughout the entire series. You may want it that way, but it will never work. Try to think in a writer's point of view trying to accommodate a general audience rather than what you think the show should be.

Dunno if you are being sarcastic or whatever.
Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Jan 15, 2008 1:24 PM

Jan 2008
Im luvin it sooo far but the thing im confused about is tht how can no1 be suprised tht he can see ????
PrettyBrown_EyesJan 15, 2008 1:41 PM
From Tsubasa_Angel >_<

Jan 15, 2008 2:35 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Judging from the posts on here, most people are confused enough with how he was suddenly blind, and then suddenly could see... would that way really be so difficult to write or understand? And I wasn't thinking spidey senses :P If he's blind from trauma, it would make sense that his sight comes back in stages - and perhaps at crucial moments when he needs it? And then imagine when he really needs it and it won't come back! Draaaamaaaa, lol.

Plus, while he was blind, he sure got close to the characters - almost too close :P

Again, not that it matters. I was just having a little fun with thinking about another way it could be done. Just fun. It's only two episodes in, anything could happen yet. :)
Jan 15, 2008 3:32 PM

Sep 2007
phew, to be honest, i like the show and hayami in particular. it was great to learn a bit more about her and i'm really looking forward to the further character development.

about hirose getting his eyesight back and no one wondering: maybe otoha erased their memories or someting like that?
Jan 15, 2008 10:26 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
Judging from the posts on here, most people are confused enough with how he was suddenly blind, and then suddenly could see... would that way really be so difficult to write or understand? And I wasn't thinking spidey senses :P If he's blind from trauma, it would make sense that his sight comes back in stages - and perhaps at crucial moments when he needs it? And then imagine when he really needs it and it won't come back! Draaaamaaaa, lol.

Plus, while he was blind, he sure got close to the characters - almost too close :P

Again, not that it matters. I was just having a little fun with thinking about another way it could be done. Just fun. It's only two episodes in, anything could happen yet. :)

Exactly, +1 for you.
Jan 16, 2008 1:50 PM
Jun 2007
Yea guys, let's rationalize as to why this completely nonsensical crap is reasonable.

The earth IS flat, it just seems like it's round from space because light being reflected at the edges of the earth give the illusion of curvature. Believe me, I even saw my friend fall off the earth once.

Jan 16, 2008 2:56 PM

Aug 2007
Kineta said:

A self-proclaimed God (Otoha) gave him the power to "see." His blindness is due to a psychological trauma, so technically he isn't blind in the first place. If the show follows the proper course of action, Hirose will lose his sight again somewhere near the middle of the series. This will complete the whole "temporary gift" from Otoha and we will get a blind protagonist that is better connected to the female leads/story.

My theory on the whole temporary sight is so that that the story can develop at a reasonable speed. The development of the story at a reasonable pace won't be possible if Hirose remains blind, he fell from the damn stairs trying to rescue Hayami ffs.

What you just said isn't drama, but an obvious cliche that has been done to death in the past. I believe the whole "blind protagonist" is a new concept that started in H2O, only fitting that they use their own unique style of storytelling rather than use previous concepts.

The whole spidey-sense thing is the only way Hirose can even do anything if there is any danger. How else will he magically know the place where Hayami is currently getting whipped at? He hasn't shown any increased proficiency in hearing as of yet, so that's not a viable option at the moment.

Only episode 2...chill
Jan 16, 2008 3:03 PM

Sep 2007
Faust721 said:
it was indeed a nice episode. i'm very curious to what the deal is with Hayami. But my overall interest in this show really dropped cause of how Takuma got his sight back.

Agree with you on that.
Jan 16, 2008 9:23 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
PimpToad said:
Only episode 2...chill
I'm sorry if it came across as me being upset. I tried to make it clear that I was just playing around with the story in my head by saying "I find thinking about this fun".

But, I understand that it isn't always easy to get this in pure text on the internet. I'm sorry if I upset or offended you. So let us have fun in the future episodes to come :)
Jan 17, 2008 12:03 PM

Aug 2007
I'm always up for a decent discussion, you didn't say anything wrong so its cool xD

I'm directing my comments to the people who over criticize an anime when it's only on its 1st/2nd episode. You can't really judge something like anime based on the very first episode, think of Haruhi and ef.

Ah well whatever, people are entitled to their opinions no matter how ludicrous they may be.
Jan 17, 2008 1:31 PM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:
I'm always up for a decent discussion, you didn't say anything wrong so its cool xD

I'm directing my comments to the people who over criticize an anime when it's only on its 1st/2nd episode. You can't really judge something like anime based on the very first episode, think of Haruhi and ef.

Ah well whatever, people are entitled to their opinions no matter how ludicrous they may be.

I don't think anyone said this show sucks or mentioned they hated it yet. Their all just pointing out things that either don't make sense, could have been done better, or where rushed.

In either case the show is still interesting.
Jan 17, 2008 10:39 PM

Jul 2007
hahaha, so far soo not good, i just didn't like how they treated Hayami, even if she is evil or what, doesn't mean that the boys can kick+beat her like that, it's stupid~~

and about Hirose?? it doesn't make any different for me as he is now..i was expecting when the boys were beating and kicking Hayami, Hirose with his TWO own eyes seeing all that, he will get the same super irritating-feeling just like me >_< slap the girl and knock the boys down..hahahaha
elsherlMay 29, 2008 7:39 AM
Jan 17, 2008 11:09 PM

Sep 2007
I'm feeling the Higurashi vibe as well: kid moves into a village where people warn him about a monster that resides there... Count me in! XD I'm also curious why everyone is being mean to Hayami. ;_;

Jan 20, 2008 12:24 AM

Oct 2007
I like it but it found it abit weird.... the thing that bugged me was why the hell did no one question how he got his sight back lmao?!
End of episode 1 bang "i give you the gift blah blah" ok thats good he wakes up with eye sight .... he was blind the day before so when he arranged his little day trip. Everyone carried on like nothing has happened what the hell!
Apart from that i think the story is intregeding enough to keep me occupied.

Jan 20, 2008 2:08 AM
Jun 2007
PimpToad said:

Both Ef and Haruhi had pretty good first episodes. This had a good first episode as well, however everything that was good about the first ep was reversed in the second ep.

There's a difference between being open minded and being afraid to criticize.

Jan 20, 2008 2:13 AM
Jun 2007
DeathfireD said:

I don't think anyone said this show sucks or mentioned they hated it yet. Their all just pointing out things that either don't make sense, could have been done better, or where rushed.

In either case the show is still interesting.

I said it sucked, I didn't use the word sucked, or hated but that was generally my description.

And how is it interesting? I know you've seen quite a bit of harem. How is this any different? There is nothing that separates it from the usual harem crap that these studios churn out every season.

I'm not saying harems are bad, they can be great, just that most of them are generic crap, and H20 has become another one.

Jan 22, 2008 2:56 AM

Apr 2007
WTF is all i can say.

Im enjoying this one alot... But the plot is just too fake...

Takuma miraculously gets his site back (or gets his sight if he was blind from birth) from a mysterious girl that literally pops out of thin air and disappears the same way. The next day, he walks around with his sight, NOBODY seems to notice and question this, unless they all don't give a shit i dunno. Heck, he doesn't even give a shit, if I was suddenly able to see i'd be like ZOMFG not just well you know I can't be bothered typin it down.
Now theres the thing with Hiyomi... Just wtf... WTF?!??!?!?

Seriously... it makes no sense, it can't make sense.

Unless everybody's just retarded in this town or something, and Hiyomi might be the only one oblivious to the retardness so everyone don't give a shit about her and beat her up for the lulz cause she ain't retarded like them. I dunno.

I have no idea how they're going to explain all this, but i guess i'll find out as I watch more.

There are many more things i'd like to say but they could be explained as an "because its animu" situation, so whatever.
*will be going onto next episode soon~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2008 6:04 AM
Oct 2007
What the hell is going on here?
Apr 7, 2008 3:00 AM

Nov 2007
It's a bit strange that nobody was surprised about that Hirose has suddenly his eyesight back o.o
But I begin to like this Anime. Want to know more about Hayami, I can't stand it that shes hated by all =__= I would help her too, moah!

May 21, 2008 11:07 PM

Apr 2008
I find it quite strange that when he suddenly gets his eye sight back that no one acts surprised :O but it is nice to see Hirose's eyes. I think that his sight is only temporary and the he will have to figure out on his own of how he lost it in the first place and keep it.

I don't like the fact that Hayami gets picked on and beat up. Hopefully in later episodes they will explain why she gets called a roach, monster and all those horrible things.

Somehow I get the Higurashi and Air feeling from this anime. I can relate it to Higurashi a bit with the outsider not knowing the workings of the village and the monster.
I can relate it to Air with the girl that is different and getting picked on and the way its drawn, it reminds me of it a lot.

It's getting interesting so I'll keep on watching the episodes to the end.
May 5, 2009 11:36 PM

May 2008
Didn't care too much for this episode, but that's probably because I dislike the majority of the characters so far. The background music was nice though.
Jul 23, 2009 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
I really enjoyed ep1 as it felt very similar to Air, but this episode was simply boring. They should reveal what's the big deal pretty soon before I completely loose my interest.
Oct 27, 2009 3:01 AM

Jan 2008
Ryoujin said:
I wonder why nobody is surprised of Hirose being able to see, as he was totally blind when he got into the town...

Wouldn't someone normal think that he was just faking being blind?

I was wondering about that too, he comes to that place to cure a blindness that the doctor can't confirm and then the next day he comes to school cured of his blindness, but none even reacts on it. None knows either that it's only a temporary fix, right? Shouldn't they try to send him home then?

Also, I really hate the Plot Induced Stupidity of those villagers, any normal guy would sympathize with a hot girl being treated like Hayami, especially if none cares to even tell him the excuse for this treatment being accepted. But no, of course they can't just come out and tell him something that seems to be common knowledge so soon, he needs to be confused for a while longer in order to preserve the plot. Sadly, that is at the same time ruining the plot.
Jun 20, 2010 6:22 AM

Jan 2010
wait...takuma got his vision back?how? O.o

anyway,it was ok :),but i hate that yui b****

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 29, 2010 3:33 AM

Oct 2008
...What?

Why didn't anyone say anything about him regaining his eyesight back??
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 29, 2010 12:25 AM

Feb 2010
he got his sight back from the blonde girl 0.o during the beach scene in ep1

The moth :O flew into the fire..and chubby bunny
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2011 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
mm.. 7/10 thus far... but will continue..
Apr 23, 2011 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
so he can see already that was fast

why is he so stuck on Hayami and why is Yui so stuck on him? he's ignoring Yui almost for no reason. this harem seems over with a winner before it even started.
Dec 29, 2011 11:44 PM

Aug 2011
im liking this anime so far
Mar 25, 2013 12:10 PM

Mar 2011
Ryoujin said:
I wonder why nobody is surprised of Hirose being able to see, as he was totally blind when he got into the town...

My thoughts exactly.
May 9, 2013 7:06 PM

Mar 2013
This is actually pissing me off now, it's not the anime, I like the anime. One of the things I hate the most in this world is when people put other people below them for no reason. If they have a reason, sure go ahead I don't give a shit but in a situation like this it makes me really mad. I am not one those people that goes around saying "We need to help starving kids in africa" or "Everyone we need to stop child labor", to be honest I could give less of a shit about that kind of stuff. I don't even care about bullying to a point, but if the bullying is because they bully thinks they are better than the person they are bullying then it really pisses me off. I really do believe that everyone is born equal and should be looked at equally unless you're are like one of those guys in the anime, then you deserve to have the shit kicked out of you, or if you are like a child molester or something etc... I find myself feeling the same way when I watch medieval anime where they have a king/queen type of hierarchy, I mean if you worked hard to get that position, then sure. But if you were born in a "royal" bloodline than you don't deserve shit.

Sorry about the long rant, I just finished watching the second episode and I am really pissed and this is the best way to express my self right now :p. I know this is only an anime but this does apply to the real world as well. More than I would like it to.

Sorry for spelling/grammatical error, so lazy/angry to type slow and re-read it :p .
May 9, 2013 7:08 PM

Mar 2013
TowardsTheStars said:
Ryoujin said:

My thoughts exactly.

I think there was a few day time skip from when he was got his vision till the beginning of the second episode and that where he most likely explained the situation to everyone.
Oct 13, 2013 7:45 AM

Oct 2013
I think this episode was very cute. I did like the part where he was tied up. ♥ Hanna
May 12, 2014 4:30 PM

Jul 2013
Liked the parts with Takuma and Hayami. Other than that the rest of the episode was okay. I find the bullying scenes hard to watch. I just hope this has a happy ending to it all.
Jun 11, 2014 10:54 AM
Mar 2014
isn't he suppose to be blind
May 22, 2015 7:52 AM

Jul 2014
So, everyone just accepts that he's suddenly not blind, no questions asked? Even if he explained what happened, there's no way any normal person would just believe it so easily.

EDIT: Also, why do these people hate Hayami so much? And why the fuck does their school tolerate people treating someone like that? It's nothing short of disgusting, both the way she is treated and the fact that it's accepted and even encouraged.
AtavisticMay 22, 2015 8:06 AM
Mar 17, 2017 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
So hayami and class rep were friends once but something happened and now everyone alienates hayami. MC still sticks with hayami during the bullying, even staying after to make the fan, looks like hayami accepts him.
Feb 17, 2019 1:09 AM

Feb 2018
Woahhh romantic episode.
Aug 24, 2019 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
I am pleasantly surprised with this anime. It gives me Higurashi vibes with the art style and rural setting. It's also a little similar in that the viewer has no idea what the heck is going on or what the background of the village is. I'm looking forward to this a lot actually.
Nov 16, 2019 8:20 PM

Jul 2017
im so lost, why can he see again. like tf XD

Apr 15, 2023 4:08 PM

Apr 2013
I really really wanna know why people hate this girl...

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Oct 18, 2023 10:36 PM

Dec 2022
No one explains anything in this anime, nor do they explain why they won't explain anything. I thought this episode took place during a flashback or a lengthy timeskip at first. Takuma's inexplicable blindness was cured overnight with no one mentioning it again, and it seems like most of the students are well acquainted with each other now.

Yui and her followers aren't what I'd call paragons of virtuousness either.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

alert105 - Mar 21, 2008

275 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:52 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Phrosh - Jan 25, 2008

77 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

78 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Mar 15, 2008

99 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Mar 8, 2008

58 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.