Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 21, 2009 2:51 AM

Jul 2009
I gave Selvaria a new nickname: Miss Laser Tits!

XD
minotaur199Aug 21, 2009 3:52 AM
Aug 21, 2009 6:11 AM

May 2008
Monad said:
HOLY SHIT!!!! i need the next episode now. I can't wait.

Am wondering why he shot her? Did he just lost his mind and shot her because she was a Valkyria, or did he did it because is necessary to awaken her powers or something like that.
It's probably the second since he thought of the Valkyria weapons they had and it would also explain why he was so reluctant on Alicia using her powers before the fight.

I don't think Faldio really thought about awakening Alicia's powers at that moment, see the fear in his eyes... He just identified Alicia as a Valkyur like Selveria, who killed his entire squad.
But there's a chance, he really wanted to awaken her powers after that distruction...
Aug 22, 2009 12:59 PM
Aug 2009
good episode i'm waiting the 21 with all my heart
Aug 22, 2009 1:06 PM

Jan 2009
sayami said:
Monad said:
HOLY SHIT!!!! i need the next episode now. I can't wait.

Am wondering why he shot her? Did he just lost his mind and shot her because she was a Valkyria, or did he did it because is necessary to awaken her powers or something like that.
It's probably the second since he thought of the Valkyria weapons they had and it would also explain why he was so reluctant on Alicia using her powers before the fight.

I don't think Faldio really thought about awakening Alicia's powers at that moment, see the fear in his eyes... He just identified Alicia as a Valkyur like Selveria, who killed his entire squad.
But there's a chance, he really wanted to awaken her powers after that distruction...

I might have mentioned that.. on page 2 in this thread, but I suppose people are to lazy to actually read anything anymore (Example: Myself, a brilliant example of the species called Lazybum)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 22, 2009 3:11 PM

May 2008
Ramal ;___; Noooo. I liked him a lot. Atleast he can be with Isara now..

I feel bad for Faldio now. Boo...

Aug 22, 2009 6:17 PM

Jul 2008
Poison_Ivy said:
I'm sure Faldio isn't a bad guy now (nor completely crazy), he just shot Alicia to prove that she's a Valkyria. She will heal fast, I suppose.

I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who though that way.

Imo Faldio realised that the power of a Valkyrur is far too great to be defeated by normal humans, Sylvaria probably could solo the whole army herself and after many tough Faldio understood that if Alicia is not a Valkyrur then the war is already over... Himself, Alicia, everyone depend on Alicia's capacity. If he can prove that Alicia is a Valkyrur and can make her use the weapon the princess have, that would be their sole chance to win against Sylvaria.
His reaction is unexpected but the war is already started and he gotta prove it now, not once Sylvaria reach the camp. He understood this and while not wanting to shot Alicia, he had to: If Alicia die, they will all die, If Alicia become aware of her Valkyrur power this way then they have a chance and if he don't shoot Squad 7 will go in front and die by Sylvaria's hand, like everyone else of the Gallian army.

That or he just become racist to the Valkyrur and his anger against Sylvaria just got deflected at Alicia because she's also a Valkyrur but that would be gay and I prefer my first hypothesis.
Aug 22, 2009 11:40 PM

Jan 2009
maxime1007 said:
Poison_Ivy said:
I'm sure Faldio isn't a bad guy now (nor completely crazy), he just shot Alicia to prove that she's a Valkyria. She will heal fast, I suppose.

Imo Faldio realised that the power of a Valkyrur is far too great to be defeated by normal humans, Sylvaria probably could solo the whole army herself and after many tough Faldio understood that if Alicia is not a Valkyrur then the war is already over... Himself, Alicia, everyone depend on Alicia's capacity. If he can prove that Alicia is a Valkyrur and can make her use the weapon the princess have, that would be their sole chance to win against Sylvaria.
His reaction is unexpected but the war is already started and he gotta prove it now, not once Sylvaria reach the camp. He understood this and while not wanting to shot Alicia, he had to: If Alicia die, they will all die, If Alicia become aware of her Valkyrur power this way then they have a chance and if he don't shoot Squad 7 will go in front and die by Sylvaria's hand, like everyone else of the Gallian army.

That or he just become racist to the Valkyrur and his anger against Sylvaria just got deflected at Alicia because she's also a Valkyrur but that would be gay and I prefer my first hypothesis.

First hypothesis: Is quite probable.
Second hypothesis: Is not that probable, but it could be, actually I think I'd kind of prefer if it was that way : o I don't really like the guy : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 23, 2009 12:14 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
maxime1007 said:
Poison_Ivy said:

Second hypothesis: Is not that probable, but it could be, actually I think I'd kind of prefer if it was that way : o I don't really like the guy : D

Jeez if the first hypothesis is right, it makes me more and more hates Faldio, it's just selfish to suddenly shoot someone even though that Alicia is Valkyria, so that you can win a war, i mean the war has not yet end and there is maybe another way to awaken Alicia's valkyria power, but whatever the reason, i just don't like that guy
Aug 23, 2009 9:12 AM

Jul 2008
Laevantein said:
Oosran said:
maxime1007 said:
Poison_Ivy said:

Jeez if the first hypothesis is right, it makes me more and more hates Faldio, it's just selfish to suddenly shoot someone even though that Alicia is Valkyria, so that you can win a war, i mean the war has not yet end and there is maybe another way to awaken Alicia's valkyria power, but whatever the reason, i just don't like that guy

It is possible but they don't have time for that, Faldio did the right thing imo even if he look like an asshole now. Sylvaria will be there REALLY soon, there's no time to try XYZ method and for Faldio to explain everything he know about valkyrur who are supposedly a myth would be ridiculous. If he shot Alicia and that she recover really fastly then it will be a proof for everyone as well as a chance to save their army.
If he don't shot, Alicia will get killed by sylvaria anyway, it's a painfull bet to take but at least they have more chance to survive this way.

It's not selfish, it's the only way.
Aug 23, 2009 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
maxime1007 said:
Laevantein said:
Oosran said:
maxime1007 said:
Poison_Ivy said:

It is possible but they don't have time for that, Faldio did the right thing imo even if he look like an asshole now. Sylvaria will be there REALLY soon, there's no time to try XYZ method and for Faldio to explain everything he know about valkyrur who are supposedly a myth would be ridiculous. If he shot Alicia and that she recover really fastly then it will be a proof for everyone as well as a chance to save their army.
If he don't shot, Alicia will get killed by sylvaria anyway, it's a painfull bet to take but at least they have more chance to survive this way.

It's not selfish, it's the only way.

Still, it could very well be any of those two options. Seeing his extremely shocked face as he turned his head towards Alicia when she was going towards the exit of the tent.
But whether it's this or that or w/e, it doesn't really matter, we'll get to see the continuation soon enough any way.
Aug 23, 2009 9:23 AM

Jul 2008
Oosran said:

Still, it could very well be any of those two options. Seeing his extremely shocked face as he turned his head towards Alicia when she was going towards the exit of the tent.
But whether it's this or that or w/e, it doesn't really matter, we'll get to see the continuation soon enough any way.

Yeah it can be either that he is shocked because he realised that he will have to shoot the one he love and may lose her that way or that he want to kill Alicia because of the hatred of the Valkyrur who killed his entire squad.
I don't think that Faldio is a retard and he seem the kind of intelligent guy who goes with logic so I expect him to go the first option and not fall in the retardness of the second one.
Aug 23, 2009 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
maxime1007 said:
and he seem the kind of intelligent guy who goes with logic

Yeah, well, sure, normally he does kinda appear like that, except with that look on his face after the so-called battle : p
Aug 23, 2009 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
Holy fucking shit, this episode had me more shocked than anything else I've watched in the past six months.
Aug 23, 2009 10:59 PM

Mar 2009
Uskaro said:
I quite enjoyed this episode. Pretty dramatic, and excellent quality.

Sorry, but, Faldio getting all messed up: <3 I like when they get all roughed up.
And him shooting Alicia at the end, I couldn't help it, but I did laugh. I totally saw it coming, and the second he pulled out the gun, I freakin' knew he would actually do it.

My dislike for Selvaria remains. As a person who has yet to play the game, all she does is annoy me.

Man, I made horrible comments this time XD

LOL I'm sure your dislike for selvaria will rise as skyscraper if you have played the game, seriously she wiped out my squad 7 in an instant O.o

Relax boi, at least Faldio shot Alica with a handgun in the anime, in the game he shot her with a sniper rifle....
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Aug 24, 2009 6:26 AM

May 2008
I didn't think he'd actually shoot.
Aug 24, 2009 11:18 AM

Feb 2008
Thank you very much Mr. director of this show. You just accomplished to surprise me... and thats exactly what I am looking for, watching anime. ^^

They didnt kill off Faldio in a typical dramatic scene so that Welkin and Alicia can make out unhindered. Instead every single person of Squad 1 except Faldio has to fade away, leaving him broken and dangerous.

But unfortunately that "surprise" I got throughout this episode is not only positively. I have two things that are hard to swallow (... please read on. No real spoilers involved).
Aug 24, 2009 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
FTGT said:

: D

Oh well, just had to do something to show my agreement, although partial.
Hmm.. never mind, I actually agree more than partially xD The part I agreed less upon, was that you really liked him before, I thought of him as an okay guy, although as you say, until the moment he fired his lazah sorry, his gun.
Aug 24, 2009 1:40 PM

Nov 2008
Faldio's always been just kinda there for me, appearing at the most random times around Alicia. I already knew that he was going to shoot her, I didn't expect them to pull him getting a BSOD and shooting her in the back almost point-blank.

IDK, I never really liked him, but I didn't hate him either. I can say stuff about pretty much every other character except for Faldio...
Aug 24, 2009 10:47 PM

Jan 2009
kariohki said:
IDK, I never really liked him, but I didn't hate him either.

^This

(Yep, unneeded reply was unneeded : 3)
Aug 24, 2009 11:38 PM

Jul 2009
Wow Faldio is the MVP for this episode though this guy being hated for this time, but the polling for this episode is 70%++ "Loved It", so we need the amusing character too. LOL
Aug 25, 2009 9:28 AM
Mar 2009
Hmm, the Batomys seems smaller in the anime or I'm just getting it confused with another omgwtfhaxorzly huge Empire tank.

That was pretty harsh on Faldio. Telling everyone he won't let them die then seeing them all die in front of him.

Aug 25, 2009 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
ChronosXIII said:
it's time for her to kick ass
and chew bubblegum
Aug 25, 2009 7:50 PM

Sep 2007
Oosran said:
But shooting the very girl that he loves and cares about after losing so many friends? Thats ridiculous.

He just lost his entire squad, people he's been with for ages and is basically responsible for. When stuff like that happens, you can pretend you'll keep your mind and be rational but you have no idea what will happen. Anything can happen.
Aug 25, 2009 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
Hmm that's funny, it looks like I wrote it : O Correction in place : D
Iriya said:
FTGT said:
But shooting the very girl that he loves and cares about after losing so many friends? Thats ridiculous.

He just lost his entire squad, people he's been with for ages and is basically responsible for. When stuff like that happens, you can pretend you'll keep your mind and be rational but you have no idea what will happen. Anything can happen.

There we go, kthnx
Aug 26, 2009 12:33 AM

Jan 2009
OMG great episode, I love the Selvaria now, demonstration of power was fantastic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2009 4:42 AM

Mar 2009
Hehe you should watch Alicia then, Hool xD
Aug 26, 2009 11:07 AM

Feb 2008
Iriya said:
FTGT said:

Of course you have a point there, but personally I assessed his character differently. I thought that, if i.e. an representative of the enemy army would have come to Faldio and tell him "When you shoot Alicia, the war is over. Otherwise your squad will be eliminated!", he would have declined, because killing an ally is out of the question.
After losing his squad I expected him to be more like Welkin, trying to keep his sanity by burying himself with work or something.
Aug 30, 2009 4:00 AM

May 2008
Really great episode!
I was so shocked when Faldio actually shot Alicia...
Sep 3, 2009 10:38 PM

Aug 2007
Ergh, I guess I'm one of the few who didn't like this episode.

Even though I know I shouldn't, I just can't stop comparing this to the game.... and seeing how this is falling short. :(

And the animation this episode was fucking QUALITY. -.-

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 4, 2009 1:02 AM

Aug 2009
oh no.
faldio shot alicia!

then ramal dies!
too sad~

and good episode, btw.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 12, 2009 1:25 PM

Jul 2008
WWWWW WTFFFFF now that was totally wtf simply wtf. oh god with one hit the hole squad died. i think he was testing her if shes a valyrie or not i think.

Sep 17, 2009 12:05 AM

Jul 2008
wow huge battle, faldio loses his entire squad and then shoots alicia, which was weird, so what are they going to do now?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 17, 2009 3:45 AM

Jan 2009
kage-bunshin said:
wow huge battle, faldio loses his entire squad and then shoots alicia, which was weird, so what are they going to do now?

Nothing at all, they'll just sit around and do nothing, for 6 episodes, sounds reasonable, right?: D
Oct 4, 2009 5:13 PM

Aug 2007
Well thats different from how he shot Alicia in the game. Also i dont like how Selvaria looks in the anime. Her boobs are waaayyy to big. She looks much better in the game.
Oct 5, 2009 10:58 AM

Jun 2008
Woah, Faldio shot Alicia. Was he afraid that she might turn into a destuctive Valkria too? Or does he have some sort of plan in mind?

Also, Faldio's entire squad is dead.
Mar 10, 2010 1:54 AM

Mar 2007
Game nerds would know why this happened :)

Was wondering if it was going to be discreet or not... but since its not discreet, i'm sure theres gonna be big turmoil in next ep. BTW the OP should've spoiled the whole issue, but if it hasn't it will soon enough.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 3, 2010 8:36 PM

Sep 2008
Leave it to Mamiko Noto to make the best appearances ever.
If they win this battle it will be because of her.

There has to be like some power awakening thing because of that shot, something like that seems obvious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2010 3:01 AM

Feb 2010
WWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF............

I realize that Faldio knows Alicea is a Valkirian, but god damn.... shooting her....

By even watching a little bit of the OP you would know what is going to happen. Still surprising to see though.
TasolthApr 26, 2010 3:24 AM
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!
Apr 27, 2010 4:16 PM
Mar 2010
...... it seems this series takes a decidedly serious turn.....
Ok Faldio became crazy.... He's justified 'cause of squad 1 tragic end...
Ramal.... he was very good character, but his presence is no important after isara died, both not see the very tragic war!!!
I think Alicia's powers will occur next episode.... first thought that the death of Isara was too premature, but now I am convinced that occurred in the best time to have a plot so thoroughly ruthless. Good plot really!!!
Aug 3, 2010 8:30 PM

May 2009
Oh no Ramal, at last you will be together with Isara..
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Sep 13, 2010 1:59 PM

Aug 2010
Now this is the type of episode that I was waiting for. Up until recently here has mainly been one-sided battles; it's nice to see a complete loss and trauma.
Sep 13, 2010 5:33 PM
Jul 2009
Even having spoiled most of the story I didn't know that all of squad 1 would have been wiped out. Who would give a guy in that condition a gun? Anyway, there's the spear and shield.
Sep 19, 2010 1:21 AM
Feb 2008
There goes the underage emo faggot.
Oct 13, 2010 3:48 PM
Mar 2010
Ramal dies and Alicia shot O_O. Alicia better be ok i don't want another main character dying ...

Well noone can say this anime will have a 100% happy ending with everyone alright xD

It's getting good though...
Nov 26, 2010 11:30 AM

May 2009
best episode so far i think. crazy faldio <3 lol
Mar 25, 2011 12:09 AM

May 2010
What the hell? In exchange for Ramal's death, Alicia has to die too? I like when Ramal died, but not Alicia.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 25, 2011 12:12 AM

May 2010
Also, how can people not know Alicia is a Valkyria? I mean they show it in the opening scene...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 7, 2011 12:15 AM

Apr 2009
Crap I didn't see this thread first, stupid! >_<

Woah, Squad 1 just vanished in a blink of an eye! Poor Ramal but he smiled before he disappeared. I don't know Faldio's reasons but shooting Alicia came as a shock for me. :(
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 8, 2011 8:33 AM

Apr 2009
Man, could it be that Faldio's finally gone off the deep end? In the end, Ramal gets to join Isara in the afterlife by saving the leader he so admired. At least he won't have to be depressed about Isara anymore. He'll just have to find her there.

Maximilian whips out his trump card. Selvaria was so overwhelmingly powerful, the close battle instantly turned into a curbstomp of the Gallian forces. Had Squad 7 been deployed along with Squad 1, the story might have been over now, especially since Alicia still doesn't know about her latent abilities and doesn't have those Valkyrian weapons to use, which I can only presume are the ones brought along by Cordelia. Things are going to be desperate next episode.
Jun 17, 2012 4:36 AM

Aug 2010
I can't close my mouth.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.