Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2016 1:47 PM
Apr 2016
A really great recap!
I enjoy it alot
Aug 29, 2016 6:21 PM

Jul 2015
Very good AMV! Wait what?
Nov 16, 2017 6:33 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah this was more like an AMV of the series than a recap. If you haven't watched these movies then you'd have no idea what is going on.

6/10
Sep 19, 2019 3:34 PM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
A truly amazing recap, surely the best I've seen.
Have suspicions, not faith.
May 10, 2020 7:57 PM

Dec 2009
A recap of the first six movies which serve as a timeline of the events in order but no real clarity to the story, except for the inclusion of Satsuki's narration of memories being eternal, along the explanation of psychics being unfit existences.

To finally, a sense of love in how much Shiki cares for Mikiya for being present for her.

... While, unfortunately it doesn't reveal any context of what and how Souren influenced his victims to have the behavior they had in aiding the birth of Shiki's mystic eyes of death perception, it's a decent recap to serve as a quick memory-lane to watch before the seventh movie. 5/10.
Sep 2, 2020 4:13 AM

Sep 2017
The Kalafina music is nice. Remaining is just recap though.

Of nothing heart.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 22, 2020 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
underrated. Yeah, it's not good as a narrative device, but the immersive soundtrack almost makes it like an hour long AMV and I think that's cool as heck. Honestly, if it was any longer, it would've outstayed its welcome. It summarized exactly what it needed to and put things in a chronological order so we could wrap our heads around the character development and how the various strings are connected.

yeah, underrated.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 14, 2021 11:01 PM

Nov 2015
does the scenes with her eating strawberry Haagen Daaz have any importance? if not why put it on this recap? xD

💢

Jul 16, 2021 10:26 PM

Jul 2016
Damn. Even if it's only about making AMVs, Ufo still decides to go all out, huh?
Feb 17, 2022 6:17 AM
May 2021
Well it was nice recap .
Feb 23, 2022 10:38 PM

Aug 2020
The Osts were played while presenting the recap was so good.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 15, 2023 5:38 PM

Nov 2010
"The memories of human beings can never be lost." I really wish that was true. The reason why 99% of human history is shrouded in mystery is because memories have been lost! How I wish the Vortex of Radix was real and I could somehow reach it. It's the only way to quench my obsession with learning the truth! So much history to consume!

It's a good summary, especially for people needing clarification on the chronological order of the films.
Thanks to this summary movie, I've had my fill of the series OST.
Jul 21, 2023 7:23 AM

Jul 2011
It's a recap. By default, recaps are not great and are just a lesser version of what they try to recap.
This one does have the advantage is that it explicity give the timeline so that's something.

I do find the treatment of the first movie to be pretty unfortunate.
While others have some decent showing, it gets a lot less screentime and "relevance" than the others.
Jul 31, 2023 3:53 PM

Jan 2021
Just amazing. I watched this movie just to recap and refresh my memory of these movies and it did its job splendidly. Its great to see the movies in release order first and then watching this movie to understand the chronological order. Its just such a satisfying and pleasant watch. Reminds me of how beautiful this series is. Also the music in this series is something that will remain memorable and this summary basically just shows it off with such beauty that I love it. 
Btw they couldn't capture the complexity, sophistication and beauty of the 5th movie but for some reason the two fights between Araya and Shiki looked even better on a second watch. I keep on reminding myself that this came out in 2007.

Anyways I think this would have worked better if they had waited for the 7th movie to release and then add it in this film as well but I guess 6 are more than good enough as well.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 1, 2023 2:13 AM

Jan 2017
FZREMAKE said:
Anyways I think this would have worked better if they had waited for the 7th movie to release and then add it in this film as well but I guess 6 are more than good enough as well.

Well , this Remix was done to hype up Movie 7 , which is the end , even more.
At that time , the franchise had started almost 2 years prior , after all.

Waiting for Movie 7 & 8 would have done a better recap , but it was not the purpose of this one.
As a true recap , there was the TV Edition in 2013 , but they cutted out Movie 5 & 6.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 1, 2023 5:12 AM

Jan 2021
Alexioos95 said:
FZREMAKE said:

Well , this Remix was done to hype up Movie 7 , which is the end , even more.
At that time , the franchise had started almost 2 years prior , after all.

Waiting for Movie 7 & 8 would have done a better recap , but it was not the purpose of this one.
As a true recap , there was the TV Edition in 2013 , but they cutted out Movie 5 & 6.
Yeah I know that this was mostly to recap all the previous movies and hype up movie 7. That's why it came before movie 7. I think it was just my wish to see movie 7 being combined in this recap as well to give a proper summary to the Knk movies.
Never knew of the TV edition though but I don't see a point in watching it if they cut the best movie (5).
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

More topics from this board

» Is this recommended??

_Flexor_ - Sep 14, 2021

2 by DarkHomieC »»
Sep 14, 2021 10:19 PM

» DVD release??

CottonCandyLover - Jun 19, 2009

7 by lobuzno »»
Dec 14, 2009 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.