Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2009 8:30 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I watched this a couple of months before, so I'm not sure I remember correctly.

The movie was composed of two parts: recaps of the six chapters in chronological order and an AMV with completely shuffled scenes. The new elements were the monologue of Kurogiri-sensei (in an extremely long chapel) and some CGI played in the AMV part. Theme songs were played in each of the chapters, which made me realize the greatness of Kajiwara-san's music again. It was good to put all the chapters in order in my mind before watching the final chapter.
Aug 11, 2010 1:06 PM

May 2010
I watched raw and although and didn't understand a lot it was quite good to recall Kara no Kyoukai movies from 1 to 6 :D and I enjoy moments when was making of Kara no Kyoukai :)

and some screens:

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Feb 8, 2011 12:37 AM

Jan 2009
I was wondering when they were going to use Oblivious and I was not disappointed.
Feb 9, 2011 12:57 PM

Jan 2011
The remix and the misics by Kajiwara-san were really great.
Nice to see recaps from 1 to 6 in chronological orders. I wanna watch more D:

Feb 21, 2011 12:30 PM

May 2008
That was a nice addition, it fills a few gaps.

I'm glad they made that Blu-Ray box with English subtitles.
RuzgfpegkFeb 21, 2011 1:59 PM
Mar 3, 2011 11:36 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, watching it really reminded me how much fun it was when I was watching the full-length movies. The way they just put the music and best scenes together made every second worth watching.

I watched the Movie V scenes about 3 times.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2011 12:51 PM

Feb 2009
The music in KnK never ceases to amaze me! The rest are scenes you are already familiarized with, but really only worth it if you like the KnK saga.
VeethornApr 14, 2011 12:55 PM
Sep 26, 2011 2:08 PM
Sep 2010
Does anyone know the title of the song that plays during the Thanatos portion?
Jan 22, 2013 9:57 AM

May 2012
Not a bad recap but IMO everything is to much capped, they should have better extended it to two hours or so that most of the story stays intact as now the recap looks more like a hour long trailer. But still quite nice to see all the stories in the right sequence! 7/10
Apr 4, 2013 2:52 PM

Feb 2010
Just watched it and it was beyond epic.

But it's a recap after all, I watched Kara no Kyoukai an year ago, anyone marathoning the series should stay away from this for a while.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Dec 16, 2013 5:10 PM

Mar 2012
Oh didn't realize I was supposed to watch this before the 7th movie + epilogue.. Well anyways, it was a good sum up of the events in the first 6.
Jan 25, 2014 11:19 AM
Feb 2013
ReinhardVonMusel said:
Just watched it and it was beyond epic.

But it's a recap after all, I watched Kara no Kyoukai an year ago, anyone marathoning the series should stay away from this for a while.
Well, I'm marathoning the series for the first time now - just watched this after the 6th part, and I must say it was quite the pleasure. ED songs played in background of crucial scenes made it very enjoyable.
And now for the last two parts ;)
kcuf
Jan 31, 2014 11:15 PM

Jun 2013
While it provided little new content, this remix of Kara no Kyoukai really helped put the series in perspective, chronologically for the most part. I did have a good time putting the events together in my mind, but this movie helped further my understanding of the story.

May 4, 2014 7:20 AM

Apr 2012
Is it actually good enough as a recap? I watched the first six movies but I kinda forgott them a bit and now that the 7th is out I am thinking of watching this and then watching the 7th to fresh up my memory. If not then Id have to rewatch all 6 movies from scratch, but I am not sure if I should...
Oct 18, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
Longest music video I've ever watched.
The fact that I sat through the entire thing is impressive itself. 7/10
Jan 27, 2015 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
baki502 said:
Is it actually good enough as a recap? I watched the first six movies but I kinda forgott them a bit and now that the 7th is out I am thinking of watching this and then watching the 7th to fresh up my memory. If not then Id have to rewatch all 6 movies from scratch, but I am not sure if I should...

A little late, but this can be a nice visual refresher. I watched this, and then went on wiki to read the all film summaries for each of the six films to refresh myself.

Now onto the 7th movie!
Nov 12, 2015 7:37 PM

Feb 2015
even though this is a recap...i actually loved it. each episode went into explaining just what they were for so you can be sure to understand for the final movie.

i've seen all the movies (chronologically), but i was still left with questions. this movie made me go "OHHHH, THAT'S why he/she did blah blah blah" "AhHA, THAT'S what happened!" to quite a bit of things. also by the end of the movie i have an extreme fondness and gratefulness to mikiya ._. i mean i have always liked him but i REALLY like him now.

i really liked that song the very first minute of the movie (literally), but the best part was at around the last 11-10 minutes of the movie, when they showed all of shiki's adventures...that was so cool!

after looking at this, i suggest that if you have a lot of questions as i did after the movies (in whatever order), look at this. it may help a lot. i give it a 10/10 for helping ME out, at least.

well that's me officially done with the series. i definitely have plans on rewatching it but not for a very long time - i want to wait long enough to forget everything so i can watch as if for the first time (yeah, i'm weird like that). maybe i'll even look at it this time in the way nearly everyone suggests, out of order.

now i'm a step closer to finishing fooly cooly.
Mar 5, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
My God, it looks like shit. I'm talking about art. Everything is 3D. -100/10 for art, total disaster. Rest is a recap.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 19, 2016 3:03 PM
Jan 2012
👌 nice
I only watched the first movie so far, which was horrible, but the rest is much better. I'll probably end up watching the full movies for 2, 4, 5 and the ones after that, not including 6. Well not so sure about 2, but maybe.
MatijaxDMay 19, 2016 3:06 PM
Jul 8, 2016 5:19 PM
Jul 2014
kch33 said:
I watched raw and although and didn't understand a lot it was quite good to recall Kara no Kyoukai movies from 1 to 6 :D and I enjoy moments when was making of Kara no Kyoukai :)

and some screens:

Where did you find the making of kara no kyoukai behind the scenes video? I am really interested in watching that
Jul 21, 2016 1:47 PM
Apr 2016
A really great recap!
I enjoy it alot
Aug 29, 2016 6:21 PM

Jul 2015
Very good AMV! Wait what?
Nov 16, 2017 6:33 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah this was more like an AMV of the series than a recap. If you haven't watched these movies then you'd have no idea what is going on.

6/10
Sep 19, 2019 3:34 PM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
A truly amazing recap, surely the best I've seen.
Have suspicions, not faith.
May 10, 2020 7:57 PM

Dec 2009
A recap of the first six movies which serve as a timeline of the events in order but no real clarity to the story, except for the inclusion of Satsuki's narration of memories being eternal, along the explanation of psychics being unfit existences.

To finally, a sense of love in how much Shiki cares for Mikiya for being present for her.

... While, unfortunately it doesn't reveal any context of what and how Souren influenced his victims to have the behavior they had in aiding the birth of Shiki's mystic eyes of death perception, it's a decent recap to serve as a quick memory-lane to watch before the seventh movie. 5/10.
Sep 2, 2020 4:13 AM

Sep 2017
The Kalafina music is nice. Remaining is just recap though.

Of nothing heart.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 22, 2020 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
underrated. Yeah, it's not good as a narrative device, but the immersive soundtrack almost makes it like an hour long AMV and I think that's cool as heck. Honestly, if it was any longer, it would've outstayed its welcome. It summarized exactly what it needed to and put things in a chronological order so we could wrap our heads around the character development and how the various strings are connected.

yeah, underrated.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 14, 2021 11:01 PM

Nov 2015
does the scenes with her eating strawberry Haagen Daaz have any importance? if not why put it on this recap? xD

💢

Jul 16, 2021 10:26 PM

Jul 2016
Damn. Even if it's only about making AMVs, Ufo still decides to go all out, huh?
Feb 17, 2022 6:17 AM
May 2021
Well it was nice recap .
Feb 23, 2022 10:38 PM

Aug 2020
The Osts were played while presenting the recap was so good.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 15, 2023 5:38 PM

Nov 2010
"The memories of human beings can never be lost." I really wish that was true. The reason why 99% of human history is shrouded in mystery is because memories have been lost! How I wish the Vortex of Radix was real and I could somehow reach it. It's the only way to quench my obsession with learning the truth! So much history to consume!

It's a good summary, especially for people needing clarification on the chronological order of the films.
Thanks to this summary movie, I've had my fill of the series OST.
Jul 21, 2023 7:23 AM

Jul 2011
It's a recap. By default, recaps are not great and are just a lesser version of what they try to recap.
This one does have the advantage is that it explicity give the timeline so that's something.

I do find the treatment of the first movie to be pretty unfortunate.
While others have some decent showing, it gets a lot less screentime and "relevance" than the others.
Jul 31, 2023 3:53 PM

Jan 2021
Just amazing. I watched this movie just to recap and refresh my memory of these movies and it did its job splendidly. Its great to see the movies in release order first and then watching this movie to understand the chronological order. Its just such a satisfying and pleasant watch. Reminds me of how beautiful this series is. Also the music in this series is something that will remain memorable and this summary basically just shows it off with such beauty that I love it. 
Btw they couldn't capture the complexity, sophistication and beauty of the 5th movie but for some reason the two fights between Araya and Shiki looked even better on a second watch. I keep on reminding myself that this came out in 2007.

Anyways I think this would have worked better if they had waited for the 7th movie to release and then add it in this film as well but I guess 6 are more than good enough as well.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 1, 2023 2:13 AM

Jan 2017
FZREMAKE said:
Anyways I think this would have worked better if they had waited for the 7th movie to release and then add it in this film as well but I guess 6 are more than good enough as well.

Well , this Remix was done to hype up Movie 7 , which is the end , even more.
At that time , the franchise had started almost 2 years prior , after all.

Waiting for Movie 7 & 8 would have done a better recap , but it was not the purpose of this one.
As a true recap , there was the TV Edition in 2013 , but they cutted out Movie 5 & 6.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 1, 2023 5:12 AM

Jan 2021
Alexioos95 said:
FZREMAKE said:

Well , this Remix was done to hype up Movie 7 , which is the end , even more.
At that time , the franchise had started almost 2 years prior , after all.

Waiting for Movie 7 & 8 would have done a better recap , but it was not the purpose of this one.
As a true recap , there was the TV Edition in 2013 , but they cutted out Movie 5 & 6.
Yeah I know that this was mostly to recap all the previous movies and hype up movie 7. That's why it came before movie 7. I think it was just my wish to see movie 7 being combined in this recap as well to give a proper summary to the Knk movies.
Never knew of the TV edition though but I don't see a point in watching it if they cut the best movie (5).
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

More topics from this board

» Is this recommended??

_Flexor_ - Sep 14, 2021

2 by DarkHomieC »»
Sep 14, 2021 10:19 PM

» DVD release??

CottonCandyLover - Jun 19, 2009

7 by lobuzno »»
Dec 14, 2009 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.