Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 27, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2011
The last five minutes were just amazing...
Feb 27, 2014 11:11 AM
Feb 2014
jimmy2027 said:
This episode proved that both Youpi and Kunckle could think fast, and that knuckle obtained a sixth sense that could potentially predict his demise just right before it happens (what a useful move... lol).

I am getting confused as to what Youpi's explosive growth is useful for. It seems like the best Youpi could do to counteract the effect of explosion is to revert back to his original body right before Knuckle gives him the blow. My conclusion is that the explosion move is pretty much useless except blowing up like a time bomb.

Nice to see Knuckle cheated death.

His ability is usefull ! For example, want a pool ? Huaarrrg ! There, we only need to put water in it now.
Feb 27, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2010
killua has finally made his first move *^*
Feb 27, 2014 3:12 PM

Dec 2011
Haha. I love how Knuckle managed to punch Youpi and then run as hell. Alright time for Killua to do this now. Let us see his lightning abilities.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2014 3:55 PM

Feb 2014
jimmy2027 said:

I am getting confused as to what Youpi's explosive growth is useful for. It seems like the best Youpi could do to counteract the effect of explosion is to revert back to his original body right before Knuckle gives him the blow. My conclusion is that the explosion move is pretty much useless except blowing up like a time bomb.

It's far from useless, it's meant for use against skilled fighters such as Knuckle who would instantly recognise that Youpi is defenceless for a second just before exploding. It's very clever because he's an enhancer and it's not the sort of attack you would expect from an enhancer, they usually just make things go boom. It's essentially a feint that draws his opponents close to him.
Feb 27, 2014 4:04 PM
Jul 2013
judals said:
Speaking of Yupi, is his shapeshifting part of his magical beast side or a nen ability? Because if it's the former then most of this is kind of pointless.
He'd be defenseless sure, but his offense would be the same. And they can barely touch him.

He has an Enhancer type of Nen, That's why he can manipulate his body size and shape.
Feb 27, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty sure it's because he's a magical beast. Enhancers can "enhance" their body TO AN EXTENT. Under no circumstances, could Gon grow 42696 arms, and 962233 eyes.

Youpi has been shown to be a natural shapeshifter.
Feb 27, 2014 9:44 PM

Jan 2014
Shapeshifting is not an enhancer ability at all, if it's nen, he can increase the extent to which he can transform, though.

It's probably a mix of transmuting and conjuring and he already has massive aura. Unless it's not nen at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 3:01 AM

Oct 2013
judals said:
Shapeshifting is not an enhancer ability at all, if it's nen, he can increase the extent to which he can transform, though.

It's probably a mix of transmuting and conjuring and he already has massive aura. Unless it's not nen at all.

Actually enhancers can enhance their body so much that they could actually transform(get bigger not become so much different as Youpi with 10 eyes or sth). That depends on the enhancer and how skilled I guess he is. Isn't Biske like that or am I mistaken?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 28, 2014 4:04 AM

Jan 2014
JamalKing said:
jimmy2027 said:

It's far from useless, it's meant for use against skilled fighters such as Knuckle who would instantly recognise that Youpi is defenceless for a second just before exploding. It's very clever because he's an enhancer and it's not the sort of attack you would expect from an enhancer, they usually just make things go boom. It's essentially a feint that draws his opponents close to him.

I believe jimmy2027 is referring to the fact that it was conveniently placed and popped up just to allow him to trick Knuckle; it is not useful by itself as a form of attack. He was transforming before, then all of a sudden he could explode and immediately learn how to control it.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 28, 2014 8:08 AM

Aug 2013
WOW This episode was awesome especially that slow down with Knuckle XD , he thought wait a minute how is this taking time almost as if i would die ? and I was like NOOO killua came <3 <3
and then 8 punches and went partying with himself as if he truly won XD

Kilua time <3 <3 I want 119 now </3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Feb 28, 2014 10:34 AM

Feb 2014
soundscape said:
judals said:

Actually enhancers can enhance their body so much that they could actually transform(get bigger not become so much different as Youpi with 10 eyes or sth). That depends on the enhancer and how skilled I guess he is. Isn't Biske like that or am I mistaken?

AFAIK Biscuit's transformation is a transmutation ability
Feb 28, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:
judals said:

It can change size, not shape, Youpi might be using some enhancement to enlarge himself when he smashed the ground or exploded, but other than that, no.
Biscuit is a transmuter.
Feb 28, 2014 10:48 AM

Oct 2013
Being a transmuter doesn't exclude the fact that she can use enhancement abilities to 80% of their potential. I mean how does she change her size? It surely ain't a transmutation ability is it?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 28, 2014 11:46 AM

Feb 2013
another great episode, , most of character in HxH is loveable....
Feb 28, 2014 1:07 PM

Feb 2014
soundscape said:
Being a transmuter doesn't exclude the fact that she can use enhancement abilities to 80% of their potential. I mean how does she change her size? It surely ain't a transmutation ability is it?

Most of her strength is natural, if you read/watch back you'll see that she doesn't often use nen when using hand to hand combat. I can't remember who she was fighting but she punched somebody and said that if she put nen behind the punch she would've killed them.
Feb 28, 2014 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
JamalKing said:
soundscape said:

Most of her strength is natural, if you read/watch back you'll see that she doesn't often use nen when using hand to hand combat. I can't remember who she was fighting but she punched somebody and said that if she put nen behind the punch she would've killed them.

That dude in Greed Island? Btw, I am fine with the characters in the Invasion but I wish Biscuit was here. Morel maybe could use the help and it was weird to me that she just upped and left.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2013
JamalKing said:
soundscape said:

Her strength being natural has nothing to do with her transformation though. I am talking about how can she change her physical body like that. Which can be accomplished only by enhancers. And as she can use enhancer abilities till 80% of their potential it makes sense. That's all.
Feb 28, 2014 2:48 PM
Jun 2013
insan3Spectre said:
JamalKing said:
soundscape said:

That dude in Greed Island? Btw, I am fine with the characters in the Invasion but I wish Biscuit was here. Morel maybe could use the help and it was weird to me that she just upped and left.

Biscuit's macho form vs Youpi, That would have been epic lol.
Feb 28, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2010
Holy fucking shit. I thought Knuckle would have died, luckily he didn't.
Anyway, great episode. Much better than the previous one.

Ps: I'm still waiting for Knov to appear or I will be disappointed.
AkanezoraFeb 28, 2014 3:51 PM
Feb 28, 2014 4:41 PM
Feb 2014
soundscape said:
JamalKing said:
soundscape said:

Her strength being natural has nothing to do with her transformation though. I am talking about how can she change her physical body like that. Which can be accomplished only by enhancers. And as she can use enhancer abilities till 80% of their potential it makes sense. That's all.

The way I understood it, the 'macho' form is her true, original form. She doesn't use enhancer abilities to become macho, it's the other way around. She doesn't like that form, so she used her transformation abilities to become smaller, prettier, etc ... She also like to use that weak appearance to her advantage, she is quite devious in that way ^^
Feb 28, 2014 7:06 PM

Jun 2009
kaikyaku said:
soundscape said:
JamalKing said:
soundscape said:

The way I understood it, the 'macho' form is her true, original form. She doesn't use enhancer abilities to become macho, it's the other way around. She doesn't like that form, so she used her transformation abilities to become smaller, prettier, etc ... She also like to use that weak appearance to her advantage, she is quite devious in that way ^^

Yeah, I am very sure that the huge form is her real self. But soundscape doesn't necessarily say that isn't her real form right?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2014 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
Nope_ said:
soundscape said:
Her hiding her original size is transmutation, she does not transform into a giant muscular woman her original size is the big muscular woman. You can't enhance yourself into a small body.

Enhance as in she changes into a more attractive body, perhaps?

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 1, 2014 12:16 AM

May 2013
Hmm, I had a whole different take on the Bisky transformation.

Transmuters change their aura not their bodies, look at Killua, Hisoka, Feitan ect. The only class that we have seen transform is the manipulators class, like how Illumi transformed in Hisoka back in YN. Bisky can only master manipulation at 40%, thats why I think that she probably set a condition like 'I can only use half of my strength in this form'. That would explain why her little girl punch is much weaker then her Macho punch.

Thats just me speculating but to me it makes sense.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 1, 2014 1:42 AM

Oct 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Hmm, I had a whole different take on the Bisky transformation.

Transmuters change their aura not their bodies, look at Killua, Hisoka, Feitan ect. The only class that we have seen transform is the manipulators class, like how Illumi transformed in Hisoka back in YN. Bisky can only master manipulation at 40%, thats why I think that she probably set a condition like 'I can only use half of my strength in this form'. That would explain why her little girl punch is much weaker then her Macho punch.

Thats just me speculating but to me it makes sense.

Yea this is it at last. This is the best explanation probably. Yea I forgot that her macho form is her true form. But that still wouldn't explain how with transmutation she changed her appearance. But manipulation makes a lot more sense....
Mar 1, 2014 2:24 AM

May 2013
OMGGGGG KILLUA IS THE MOST PERFECT CREATURE EVER HES SUCH A BADASS OMGGGG THAT WAS PERF
Mar 1, 2014 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
The first half was damn boring , but the second half made this episode a 5/5 .

I really though Knuckle was going to die there , ;_; , but no !! Killua saved him . Such a badass small little match of Knuckle and Youpi . Next week Killua v Youpi !! This anime gets better and better each week .
Mar 1, 2014 4:11 AM

Jan 2014
_DoctorWho_ said:
OMGGGGG KILLUA IS THE MOST PERFECT CREATURE EVER HES SUCH A BADASS OMGGGG THAT WAS PERF

And with the last 10 seconds, all the directors efforts for animating the Knuckle scene (and the rest of the episode) were for naught.

Killua gets a lot of attention, not that I mind.
Mar 1, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 2012
shoot just got deflowered
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 1, 2014 10:46 PM

May 2012
Last few minutes were good but Ikalgo's part dragged this episode down. I was kind of hoping Knuckle would die to be honest. It's not that I don't like him but I could just feel someone coming to his rescue at the last second. Would've caught me off-guard if they didn't. Either way, the next episode looks like a good one.
Mar 2, 2014 6:06 AM
Oct 2011
Yeah, the first part faw pretty boring, but Knuckle's scene and Killua's badassness jsut made this episode a 5/5 (and the whole show a 10/10) for me.

I was literally screaming for like 2 minutes after the "i'm here to blow off some steam" part. I don't even remember the last time i fanboyed this hard over something.
Mar 4, 2014 12:08 AM

Jul 2013
damn I was waiting for Killua and then boom!... he came just in time... it was perfect!

epic battle next ep... hopefully
Mar 4, 2014 6:13 AM
Sep 2011
luffyzero said:
This episode was pretty boring. with the annoying narrative. Only the last 3 minutes where the best. imo hunter x hunter takes too much episode to have a good one. u have to literally go through 5 boring episode before we get to the good shit. imo the troope arc is still the best. and people say this is better than naruto? exclude the war arc, and u are wrong.

I feel you, after seeing Arlongs Park in One Piece I literally had to go through 100+ boring episodes to get to the 2 episodes of the good shit. Followed by having to go through another 200+ boring episodes to not get a single good episode after. It can really be a pain the ass.. you think otherwise? u are wrong.

You know how I solved it? I dropped that shit.
RendioMar 4, 2014 6:16 AM
Mar 4, 2014 7:09 AM

Sep 2013
What does one piece have to do with this?
OP is all about adventure and some action once in a while, if you were expecting something else you're stupid.

Most people apparently haven't read a book, go educate yourselves.
Mar 5, 2014 5:51 AM
Sep 2011
ichii_1 said:
What does one piece have to do with this?
OP is all about adventure and some action once in a while, if you were expecting something else you're stupid.

Most people apparently haven't read a book, go educate yourselves.

The reason I used One Piece as referance is his obvious fanboyism, rating it as the only anime with 10 while rating the likes of FMA:B and HxH 5-6.

I was expecting a good serie - in which it failed extremely hard.
Mar 5, 2014 7:36 PM
Aug 2012
The last half was the reason why I had to vote 5/5, not because I generally don't vote 5/5 on all of HxH episodes... but, oh my god. Knuckle vs Youpi part was fucking intense...

Check it out here, the whole build up and delivery Youpi vs Knuckly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC1nihOXIvI&feature=youtu.be
Mar 6, 2014 12:04 AM

Jun 2012
Woooooooooooow!! That was super close, Killua is so awesome xD

Mar 10, 2014 7:22 PM

Mar 2011
Will someone else almost die too? o_o
Mar 10, 2014 7:36 PM

Dec 2012
Frezlaj said:

Do you really want the answer to that or is it rhetorical?
Mar 10, 2014 7:46 PM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
Frezlaj said:

Do you really want the answer to that or is it rhetorical?

Probably rhetorical. But, even if it isn't I would really appreciate it if you didn't answer that kind of question here.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 10, 2014 7:48 PM

Dec 2012
That's why I didn't.
Mar 10, 2014 7:51 PM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
That's why I didn't.

No, I mean if he does end up saying he wants to know.

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 22, 2014 5:49 PM
Oct 2009
I feel a bit bad for Youpi. He's the one who keeps meetin' new enemies with new abilities and has the chameleon guy around him too.
Butterfly guy on the other hand is slowly escapin' lol
May 13, 2014 12:42 PM

Dec 2011
judals said:
_DoctorWho_ said:

And with the last 10 seconds, all the directors efforts for animating the Knuckle scene (and the rest of the episode) were for naught.

Killua gets a lot of attention, not that I mind.

You could say Killua stole Knuckle's thunder... :P But he did just save his hide.
Loved seeing Knuckle run away laughing like an idiot.
Jun 6, 2014 8:21 AM
Apr 2011
The intensity is amazing. I really thought knuckle would die. It would have been heartbreaking since I think he's such a cool character.

Can't wait to see what Killua has in store.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jun 11, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2011
Damn, this arc keeps getting more & more intense!

Knuckle finally got to hit Youpi! I actually thought he was going to die for sure! Killua saving the day was so badass.
Jun 16, 2014 5:00 AM
Jun 2014
LMAO! Knuckle! I thought he was really going to die (;-;) I was so relieved when I saw that thunderbolt (T^T)

The way he laughed had me on the floor! '...the pearly gates' I swear this guy xD Watching him grin like an idiot, you can't help but grin with him xD

I loved the way the ending started playing when Killua started firing up his electricity...O_O

Lol I think Killua's hairstyle in the preview reminded me more of yami yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh :D
Jul 1, 2014 9:56 PM

Jan 2013
Way to go Knuckle.
I thought he was a goner for a moment.
Jul 3, 2014 12:08 AM

Nov 2011
judals said:
Speaking of Yupi, is his shapeshifting part of his magical beast side or a nen ability? Because if it's the former then most of this is kind of pointless.
He'd be defenseless sure, but his offense would be the same. And they can barely touch him.

Even if it was his beast side, they could Hatsu him to death once his nen is sealed. I somehow doubt they would, but hey, it's an option.

That last part with Knuckle was cool. At first his monologue about Shoot was funny, which shifted to an "Oh crap!" moment when he realized time seemed slow because he was about to die, which then shifted to relief and more humor as he ran away like a kid carrying a boatload of candy.

I was wondering if they'd kill him off. I wasn't terribly worried, but I wasn't certain they'd save him either, so I guess it was pretty well-executed. Killua seems pretty ticked off.

Good episode.
Jul 6, 2014 9:42 AM

May 2013
Looking back on this episode and the one before it, the theme of anger is very prominent. It’s not a coincidence that Togashi paired together two fighters, Knuckle and Youpi, who are prone to losing their temper. Youpi rages in episode 117 out of frustration, and that is what allows him to discover his new ability. Likewise, Knuckle only returned to fight Youpi out of anger and indignation for Shoot.

In this episode, though, appropriately titled “A False Rage,” Youpi uses this seeming flaw of his to develop a strategy that almost succeeds in killing Knuckle. He goads himself into becoming angry by shouting, yelling, and thinking thoughts that inspire rage. This is totally possible in real life; people often work themselves into very bad moods on their own, due to their own thoughts. In this case, though, Youpi is aware of what he’s doing. He appears to be angry, but it belies a calm and collected interior. Knuckle, on the other hand, seemed calm for the majority of the episode, before he worked himself into a burning rage in his extensive monologue before his near death, thus erasing any sort of logic or consideration in his own mind that he was falling for a trap.

Youpi’s and Knuckle’s anger parallel each other, but in this case they are also contrasted. Youpi evolved enough to understand how to use this character vice to his advantage, while Knuckle allowed him to nearly doom him, and it would have, had Killua not jumped in to the rescue. In the end, the ability to control your anger became crucial to the conclusion of the battle, and Youpi won out in the end in that regard.

Again, though, Youpi’s opponent is someone who is once again given to anger, at least at this particular moment. Killua is far from happy, coming off of Gon and Pitou’s encounter tired, hurt, and upset. Youpi is once again faced with an angry opponent.

This episode was a lot of fun to rewatch. I really need to just marathon the whole Invasion again, it's even better when there's not a week gap between each episode to disrupt the viewing experience.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - Today

30 by Armaniooo »»
3 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Today, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.