Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2009 2:13 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That boy story was really sad.... :'(
Also that slave is really annoying and that guy with her is even more annoying, they are kinda ruining the series for me.
Nov 19, 2010 1:49 PM

Nov 2009
I agree, though it looks like that boy talked some sense into Suzu (the slave girl) and made her realize she's not the only one who has suffered terribly so hopefully she'll become more tolerable after this episode.

And Shoukei is still as much of a bitch as ever. Accusing Rakushaun, she really has no shame at all. Though he seemed to take it pretty well. I mean sure she didn't deserve ALL that she went through,and to be blamed for her father and mother's wrongdoings just because she's their child is retarded and completely illogical. It's not like she had any control over their actions, nor did she know of what they were doing, thus she doesn't hold complete responsibility in all that. HOWEVER, even after she learns what was really going on and what her parents had been doing to the kingdom...to actually try and DEFEND THEM when it's so obvious they were in the wrong, and to act so conceited and all that...really =/ Bah she's a stuck up bitch and that has yet to change, if it ever will.
SapphireStar26Nov 19, 2010 2:00 PM
Feb 25, 2011 12:02 AM

Aug 2010
That suzu and shoukei still annoys me. Though perhaps now suzu is better since that boy talked to her. The story of that boy is so sad!
Aug 26, 2011 7:34 PM

Sep 2008
I feel like we're back to square one, in a way, with this series. Just in the sense that we have horrendous characters that are getting lots of screen-time, and they've yet to change. I seriously hope they do. Suzu, for one, seems to have had a little bit of sense talked into her by that boy. He was right; she just liked feeling sorry for herself all of the time.

Shoukei? I can't really see her developing very much as a character... but who knows? Maybe Rakushun can work his magic on her, like he did on Youko. It seems really doubtful though. In any case, this wasn't a bad episode. I liked it well enough. I'm more interested in seeing how Youko's story will keep unfolding from here on out. Sort of confused about the assassination plot or at least about the group that seems to be opposing her and planning some sort of clandestine operation(s)... (Enho's not involved, right? That's what confuses me a bit. I couldn't tell who was speaking at the end.)
Apr 29, 2012 10:11 AM

Jan 2010
hate Shoukei more and more ><"
May 3, 2013 11:36 PM

Jul 2011
merle_noir said:
I feel like we're back to square one, in a way, with this series. Just in the sense that we have horrendous characters that are getting lots of screen-time, and they've yet to change. I seriously hope they do. Suzu, for one, seems to have had a little bit of sense talked into her by that boy. He was right; she just liked feeling sorry for herself all of the time.

Shoukei? I can't really see her developing very much as a character... but who knows? Maybe Rakushun can work his magic on her, like he did on Youko. It seems really doubtful though. In any case, this wasn't a bad episode. I liked it well enough. I'm more interested in seeing how Youko's story will keep unfolding from here on out. Sort of confused about the assassination plot or at least about the group that seems to be opposing her and planning some sort of clandestine operation(s)... (Enho's not involved, right? That's what confuses me a bit. I couldn't tell who was speaking at the end.)

My words exactly. The characters kill me!

Suzu is slowly becoming better.. Maybe too slowly.

Shoukei... she's just pathetic.
I LOVE RAKUSHUN. He doesn't get mad or anything. He doesn't hate her either. Such a good guy!!
Mar 6, 2014 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
Shoukei....now she's dragged Rakushun into her trouble and tried to blame it all on him, gah she needs to go. Looks like Suzu finally got some sense knocked into her, and Yoko might be getting to the root of the conspiracy.
Mar 26, 2014 8:19 AM

Aug 2013
Every time Suzu, Shoukei or Asano appears on-screen, I can't help but cringe.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 29, 2014 11:10 PM

Jan 2010
Watched until this episode so far. What a story, one of the most beautiful anime I have seen in a long time. Tons of life lessons to be learned from every episode.
Jan 30, 2015 5:32 AM

Jan 2012
the rat is best character in this anime

Apr 30, 2015 10:54 PM
Aug 2008
Nice episode. Really nice one.
Although the princess is annoying as a character, But her story is interesting, I mean how she'll develop and will she understand what her fathers mistakes ? wether she'll change or not ?
The slave isn't that annoying although the kid is the best (with the rat) and he seem to have a lot of sense even though he suffered. Anyway she's getting better. Asano is the one who's getting annoying (although its acceptable because he didn't know how to deal with these people since he separated with youko)!
Youko in the other hand is quite learning, the ending of the episode was promising, the pace now is better than before.
Hoping for the best !
Nov 9, 2015 11:41 PM

Dec 2013
Suzu is pathetic. It's incredibly sad that while the boy was telling his story, she then went on to try and "1 up" him in how unfortunate she was in a vain attempt to try and keep her (self) pity party going. Good on the boy for putting her in her place. Suzu should have more than 100 years more worth of life experience than the little boy had, but after that conversation, you would think that he was the older one.

Shoukei is.... She's a real piece of work. She's lucky that Rakushun is practically a saint.
Kuro_YuukiNov 9, 2015 11:55 PM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Aug 4, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2010
Whew, there has been a lot of suffering these past few episodes. Suzu and Shoukei have been running this contest of whose life sucks the worst, and regardless if their ridicule and harsh treatment were warranted, or whether they deserve some opportunity to gripe and complain, it's been dragging along for a little while. That aside, it's still interesting to see the stories beginning to intertwine. The blowup by the end will probably be hard to watch though.
Jun 20, 2017 5:26 AM

Oct 2012
Suzu stop competing which one have more miserable life
I like how that child is way wiser than Suzu, when he's just probably 10
Aanndd now he's dying :(

Not Rakushun!

Looks like the danger is really following her everywhere
"Signature removed"
Nov 14, 2019 7:47 AM

May 2015
Nice. poor boyaaaaaaaa
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 14, 2019 7:47 AM

May 2015
Nice. poor boyaaaaaaaa
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 13, 2020 11:40 AM

Jul 2009
Asano got crazy..
Poor boy =(
Youko got it hard, the guy that accept her in the village is with the one that tried to kill her
Aug 27, 2021 12:13 PM

Nov 2016
Seishuu managed to do what no one could before, make Suzu realize she ain't the only one suffering.

Maybe Rakushun is able to teach Shoukei a lesson as well.

And wherever Youko goes. People are plotting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 29, 2022 9:44 AM
Nov 2020
Now I really understand what these three girls have in common: they need be educated by others to understand the world.
Jul 4, 2023 9:08 PM

Oct 2019
Damn, Suzu was pathetic. What was this? A suffering competition? I suffered more than you have? Lol. Glad they it may seem she is developing more. But asano still fucked in the head.
Also, fuck that bitch Shoukei. Trying to accuse my boy Rakushun. And he just calm, cool, and collected, just worrying about not getting expelled.
And we see Youko storyline. This is that dude that everyone be talking about. The one who has been missing.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 5 Discussion

kie_ - Aug 8, 2009

37 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Apr 21, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 3 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 14, 2008

41 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Apr 21, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Sep 30, 2008

68 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Mar 7, 2008

50 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 13, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 10 Discussion

kie_ - Aug 8, 2009

25 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 11, 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.