Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 23, 2014 8:20 AM

Mar 2013
Anime remake for Gantz? Something like what happened for Hellsing (-Hellsing Ultimate).
Feb 23, 2014 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
♥♣♠♦Nothing announced yet.♦♣♥♠
Feb 23, 2014 8:31 AM

Sep 2010
♦♣♥♠Probably not going to be done anytime soon.♦♣♥♠
♦♣♥♠follow for more soft grunge♦♣♥♠
Feb 23, 2014 8:37 AM

Jan 2013
Is this the latest way to attract us to these uninteresting posts?
Jk..

I don't see it, certainly not by Gonzo
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 23, 2014 8:42 AM

Sep 2011
animeoppai said:
♦♣♥♠Probably not going to be done ever♦♣♥♠

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 23, 2014 8:44 AM

Sep 2010
JizzyHitler said:
animeoppai said:
♦♣♥♠Probably not going to be done ever♦♣♥♠
that's what I meant to say
Feb 23, 2014 8:55 AM

Mar 2013
@ JizzyHitler
I like your tags an the animelist!
Is rahxephon so good? It seems an harem, not saying that reminds a lot eva
Feb 23, 2014 9:04 AM

Sep 2011
saobeater said:
@ JizzyHitler
I like your tags an the animelist!
Is rahxephon so good? It seems an harem, not saying that reminds a lot eva

its kind of a harem and kind of not at the same time, 3 girls like him but they are cleverly spread out and its not your typical girls fighting over the same guy scenario. Most of its comparisons to eva are fairly founded but eva and rahXephon shift drastically away from eachother by the show's 2nd half, rahXephon is definitely much easier to understand but its still a bit mindfucky and dont expect everything to make sense right away, not to discourage but its one of those series like tatami galaxy noein and eva thats gonna make way more sense the 2nd time through rather than the first but its still easy enough to follow the first time through its just everything really isnt answered till the final episode and it expects you to pay attention so it does require some effort out of you to understand

if you enjoy eva then youl probably enjoy rahXephon, fans of either series for whatever reason seem at eachother's throats for whatever reason but they should both be enjoyable, though i have noticed that people that dislike evangelion seem to like Rahxephon as an alternative
JizzyHitlerFeb 23, 2014 9:10 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 23, 2014 9:55 AM

Jul 2012
don't hold you breath for Gantz. ever.

rahXephon? not sure how we got there. i found it basically entertaining, but thats it.
personally i'm of the mind that Eva and Rah are quite different, but thats a long winded argument i'm not going to get into /tired
Feb 23, 2014 10:01 AM

Sep 2012
If they ever make a remake for Gantz, I hope they rewrite the whole phase 3, because the manga was a trainwreck.
Feb 23, 2014 10:03 AM

Sep 2011
Litrydow said:
If they ever make a remake for Gantz, I hope they rewrite the whole phase 3, because the manga was a trainwreck.
hey at least they didnt rip off cowboy bebop like the anime

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 23, 2014 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
Litrydow said:
I thought that was the best part; when it starts to trainwreck.
Feb 23, 2014 10:06 AM

Sep 2012
Asap_ said:
Litrydow said:
I thought that was the best part; when it starts to trainwreck.

It becomes the pinnacle of unintentional comedy, so it has a lot of trainwreck fun value. But I wish I could see a proper story unfolding too, so an anime like that could be good.

JizzyHitler said:
Litrydow said:
hey at least they didnt rip off cowboy bebop like the anime

Come on, even the failed Bebop rip-off was less worse than the cheesy last fight of the manga. It was something I would expect of Bleach, not of Gantz.
Feb 23, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
Belongs under anime being discussed

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 24, 2014 5:12 AM
Apr 2013
Gantz remake i hope but i dont think they will do it
Sep 5, 2016 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
Gantz is a massively popular manga, it's got the fan base to make this a financially viable move if it's done right. If a production company is looking to remake an anime, I have to imagine that Gantz would be among the most enticing prospects. It has the popularity, it's not going to be compared against the original anime, and there's plenty of source material to milk tons of money out of a series.

Whether or not a studio decides to take on the task, I would love to see more Battle Royale-ish anime in production, it's just such a cool genre that's always fun to watch.
Nov 15, 2017 6:41 AM

Jun 2015
Hoping for a remake of this series!! Reading through volume 20 so far and I'm loving it.

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the sequel to this or skip to the CG movie?

LenRea - Apr 1

7 by EmiPyon »»
Apr 3, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Sep 19, 2008

51 by Edomite »»
Mar 16, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Oct 5, 2008

68 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 12 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 5, 2008

42 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 11 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 4, 2008

48 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 8:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.