Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 21, 2014 6:08 PM

Dec 2012
Yukine has easily become one of my most hated characters ever along with Hiyorin for sympathizing with him.
Oct 26, 2014 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
I think it's hilarious that everyone hates Yukine. He doesn't remember who he was, he's not a deity either, he's just a dead human. How would you feel if you were in that situation? I think it sucks he doesn't know what he's doing to Yato, but at the same time, I can understand why Yukine is acting the way he is.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Nov 17, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
Finally.. about time.. that little brat done it.
Well I bet they meant for him to be hated than understood.
Even a kid younger than that age wouldn't do some of the stupid stuff he did.
Poor Yato.. operation save Yato and punish the rebel begin lol.
Nov 23, 2014 2:07 AM

Nov 2013
I hope Kofuku dies in a fire. She really annoys the living shit out of me.

Wow. That kid scared that bully so much he wet himself!

Well Yukine had his temper tantrum. Let's hope he finally cares for his comrades instead of completely neglecting them and acting like he has no friends.

Hiyori you fucking idiot! Now you have become infected with the blight yourself!

Great episode nevertheless.

4.5/5

Dec 11, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
Damn ... emotional episode.
I love Kofuku and her Regalia as a combi - amazing together ^^
Dec 26, 2014 8:19 AM

Jul 2013
What an intense episode! I hope Yato will be fine. The preview for the next episode definitely shows that it will be intense.
Jan 12, 2015 4:51 PM

Jun 2014
Man I really hate that yukine kid but at the same time I understand. Still, even if it's a "normal" reaction I still think he is annoying. I hope he changes sometime before the end of the show.
Jan 13, 2015 6:53 PM

Jun 2014
nice opening scene tho
Jan 19, 2015 6:55 PM

Aug 2014
I felt very bad for Yukine. This was a sad but great episode. I keep expecting this show to do something stupid with the characters and their development but it just keeps doing the right things over and over it's really starting to impress me. Maybe it's just because I had low expectations but for some reason I'm really liking the development a lot for this show. Now I'm really excited to watch the rest of the episodes and see how this ends.
Jan 31, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2014
I like the show.

Feb 19, 2015 5:09 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode, pretty dark though. Things definitely took a turn a few episodes in.
Feb 26, 2015 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
Hahaha, cute little Kofuku intimidating big dominatrix Bishamon was great. Poverty gods don't take shit from no one.
Mar 24, 2015 8:46 AM

Jan 2008
Intense!

That cliffhanger tho.
Mar 26, 2015 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode.
Loved the panty shot at the beginning ahahah
KOFUKU SO KAWAIII. Just look at this:

*.* *.* *.* *.* *.*

Anyway, really intense episode with Yukine breaking the school's windows and all; I think his behaviour is totally understandable... Oh, and I really liked when Yato said that he also liked to have someone by his side in "that" world; well, if you think about it, gods wander around and help people all alone (except for their Shinkis).... That was really touching.
And what the hell was that at the end? I suppose that "contamination" spreads kinda easily as Hiyori was already infected as well.... I guess Kofuku's Shinki was just preventing some possible infection?
Looking forward to the next episode XD
removed-userMar 26, 2015 10:03 AM
Jun 2, 2015 2:55 PM

Jun 2014
Lol Hiyouri gives them all a beating, and even Yato gets his ass kicked. Kofuku serious was a nice change of pace.

Jun 15, 2015 8:51 AM
May 2015
I liked when kofuku suddenly went serious , that was funny and unexpected.Poor yato and reckless yukine.I love how hiyori cares for them and always keep an eye on them during hard times ^_^
Jun 25, 2015 7:50 AM

Dec 2013
Fuck Yukine. Yato should've just got rid of him!

Wow Kofuku looked pretty scary there for a moment 0.0
Jun 28, 2015 6:13 AM

Sep 2014
Creep , That desperate situation when you know that no matter how you try can't achieve what you desire :/ His actions are understandable.

Hiyori also in those purple marks... :(

And Daikoku , you're in Bishamon side ??
Jun 29, 2015 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
What a cliffhanger guys!

Kofuku why you don't want to help Yato?!
Jul 1, 2015 4:06 AM

Jun 2013
Bleh, if they simply talk, the whole drama can easily be resolved. Typical.
Jul 1, 2015 11:31 PM

Nov 2014
YATOOOO T^T
Bishamon was really afraid of Kofuku =O I guess Kofuku can be scary when she wants to be.
Poor Yukine =( I feel bad for him...
Aug 18, 2015 3:27 PM

Feb 2011
Some powerful stuff this episode. I do feel bad for the poor kid, and it didn't surprise me when he snapped like that. Of course, now that Yukine realizes that he wants friends, he's just about killed one of the few friends he can actually have.
Sep 7, 2015 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
The fact that Yato hasn't cut ties with Yukine despite his problems (even going as far as to endure the blight) kind of indicates that Yato is interested in making it work despite Yukine being loath to stick with him. Now that he's calm down a bit and probably feeling a little less resentful let's see how he reacts to Yato being sickly.
I wonder if Kofuku will help them or will they have to find a way on their own.
Oct 7, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2014
Damn Kofuku got serious. And poor Yukine. :(
Oct 21, 2015 8:59 PM

Jun 2015
[size=90]I got to see another side of Kofuku <3

Yukine gets more annoying in each episode.
Seriously, when will he stop being a whiny bitch.

Nov 7, 2015 5:35 PM

Jan 2014
It never came into my mind that Hiyori would actually lash out at Yukine. I'm just like "Oh damn." It's just that she's always been on his side. The way Yato handled the bullying of Manabu....I feel like he does that for all serious cases...let them decide for themselves the path they will take. I like that approach. And Kofuku.....damnnn! I love her bubbliness and her seriousness was something I did not think to see. The ending scene makes me feel like Yukine will go through something. Idk if it's dying but it's going to be intense.
Nov 9, 2015 12:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I do not understand why Yato puts up with Yukine. It seems to me that in his "industry", he needs reliable regalia that can perform when called upon, and an unstable child like Yukine cannot deliver that. But I suppose that we will soon get the 'twist' or some rapid development from Yukine. At least I hope so.

Kofuku's one fun and enigmatic character to follow.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 11, 2015 7:32 AM

Dec 2012
DAMMIT YUKINE,
YOU'RE MAKING ME HATE YOU MORE THAN I ALREADY DO!!!!
YOU'RE LIKE THE FUCKING SUZAKU OF THIS ANIME!!!

Dec 12, 2015 12:51 PM

Mar 2010
Farabeuf said:
I do not understand why Yato puts up with Yukine. It seems to me that in his "industry", he needs reliable regalia that can perform when called upon, and an unstable child like Yukine cannot deliver that. But I suppose that we will soon get the 'twist' or some rapid development from Yukine. At least I hope so.

Kofuku's one fun and enigmatic character to follow.

I think he can relate to him and tries to change him in some way.. We saw yato cry after all when he chose yukine
Dec 28, 2015 10:29 AM

May 2015
I slowly hate Yukine more and more each episode. He's just so ungrateful. I feel so bad for Yato. I only want the best for him. Hopefully Kofuko will help!
Dec 31, 2015 5:20 PM
Aug 2015
Yukine is actually understandable in my opinion, but I think the author should've put in more work in his past live so more people may feel what's in his own "shoes"
But I like the character development and the episode was decent.

but the only flaw about this episode...
Jan 23, 2016 2:29 PM

Jun 2009
Feb 2, 2016 5:24 AM

Jun 2011
I hope they wrap up this Yukine arc ASAP. I'm not liking it.
The occasional tidbits of comedy are fun though.
Feb 3, 2016 6:03 AM

Jul 2008
Again time for a Yukine ass kicking...before Yato bites the bullet.

Also that bathroom scene, stuff of legend.
Mar 20, 2016 2:55 AM

Apr 2015
Kofuku became scary there for a bit, I like it. Dayum. That cliffhanger tho.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 1, 2016 8:20 AM

Aug 2015
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!
I want next episode! Nah, pour Yato. Stupid Yukine! It's his fault! Please, Kofuku, help Yato! Don't let him die!

Jul 25, 2016 4:08 AM

Sep 2010
I completely disagree with most people here. Yato's suffering is his own fault. He wents against Yukine's wishes, never botherd to explain stuff properly to him, didn't suppor him when he needed it, and left him alone to mess about and throw himself deeper into depression. Yukine would have been acting very differently if Yato had treated him with more care and support. yukine is but a boy. Thrown in a very strange and hard ''life''. That litle girl incident messed him up even more. Everyone is all poor Yato this poor Yato that and bahsing Yukine when Yukine is acting very normal and Yato has not.

Nope sorry, as somebody who experienced depression and udnerstands it, it's not so easy to just snap out of it, even less so when people just leave you alone to make things worse. Scolding, giving bad looks, guilt tripping, never works.

Yes Yato was enduring pain, but he could also just have taken Yukine and TALK with him about what is going on instead of keeping his mouth shut and lettin both of them suffer on.

Yukine needs help, he is a victem, hating on him is sick. And not putting any blame on Yato for this mess if ignorant.

I hope it all works out for both of them, but I'm just very upset people underestimate the pain of depression. Anyone who really understands it, would not be so hard on Yukine.

That hard behavior towards people like Yukine is what causes suicides in the real world. Patience, clearity, support, kindess and communication are key. Yato failed to deliver on most of those fronts. The only thing he shows is patience, but even that in a bad way.

poor Yukine. I hope those 2 will be able to properly help Yukine get over his pains because if the anime shows Yukine losing his depression by being scolded or feeling guilty they are showing an unrealistic portrayal. The moment she carried Yato away and looked at Yukine with less nice look, that is what in real life would have worked as teh ultimate rejection and final push needed for somebody to commit suicide. If these characters where real, that was the moment they dammned Yukine.

Obviously the anime is going to ignore that for less complicated story telling.

Shame on all the Yukine haters though. Victem blaming at it's finest. Bullies really are everywhere.
Eranime90Jul 25, 2016 4:54 AM
Jul 29, 2016 2:29 PM
Mar 2015
FINALLY!! Hiyori tells Yukine that it's time to stop!
Aug 7, 2016 1:28 AM

May 2016
Yukine acted like a complete asshat to the point of almost killing Yato ~-~

I hope he gets well soon.

Aug 24, 2016 3:15 PM

Jun 2016
Wow. This episode was sure deep.
I understand how Yukine feels but still, enough already.
Sep 8, 2016 7:36 PM

Sep 2013
Yukine is a punk ass brat

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 13, 2016 5:46 PM

Aug 2013
Eranime90 said:
I completely disagree with most people here. Yato's suffering is his own fault. He wents against Yukine's wishes, never botherd to explain stuff properly to him, didn't suppor him when he needed it, and left him alone to mess about and throw himself deeper into depression. Yukine would have been acting very differently if Yato had treated him with more care and support. yukine is but a boy. Thrown in a very strange and hard ''life''. That litle girl incident messed him up even more. Everyone is all poor Yato this poor Yato that and bahsing Yukine when Yukine is acting very normal and Yato has not.

Nope sorry, as somebody who experienced depression and udnerstands it, it's not so easy to just snap out of it, even less so when people just leave you alone to make things worse. Scolding, giving bad looks, guilt tripping, never works.

Yes Yato was enduring pain, but he could also just have taken Yukine and TALK with him about what is going on instead of keeping his mouth shut and lettin both of them suffer on.

Yukine needs help, he is a victem, hating on him is sick. And not putting any blame on Yato for this mess if ignorant.

I hope it all works out for both of them, but I'm just very upset people underestimate the pain of depression. Anyone who really understands it, would not be so hard on Yukine.

That hard behavior towards people like Yukine is what causes suicides in the real world. Patience, clearity, support, kindess and communication are key. Yato failed to deliver on most of those fronts. The only thing he shows is patience, but even that in a bad way.

poor Yukine. I hope those 2 will be able to properly help Yukine get over his pains because if the anime shows Yukine losing his depression by being scolded or feeling guilty they are showing an unrealistic portrayal. The moment she carried Yato away and looked at Yukine with less nice look, that is what in real life would have worked as teh ultimate rejection and final push needed for somebody to commit suicide. If these characters where real, that was the moment they dammned Yukine.

Obviously the anime is going to ignore that for less complicated story telling.

Shame on all the Yukine haters though. Victem blaming at it's finest. Bullies really are everywhere.

Finally someone gets it. Yukine was acting like most teenage boys would when put in a situation like this. I think to understand that you kind of need to have gone through those difficult teenage years already.
I think Yato didn't make enough effort to ensure that Yukine felt like a companion rather than just a tool. But then again Yukine acted ungrateful from the minute he was made Yato's shinki. So you can't blame Yato entirely. I think the blame lies partially with them both.
Oct 15, 2016 11:00 PM

Oct 2016
This episode took a surprisingly dark realistic non-supernatural turn with the bullying plot and then a surprisingly dark supernatural turn. I hate seeing all the Yukine hate. Sure he's selfish and annoying, but at least in this episode he's going through a lot of trauma, realizing he's dead and can never experience a normal life again. It's pretty understandable. And he didn't know that his behavior was making Yato sick...

Anyway, poor Yato too, definitely. It's hard to see him suffering like that. What a cliffhanger!
theshinsengumiOct 16, 2016 7:14 AM
Oct 16, 2016 7:16 PM

Dec 2013
"They think it's a competition to have the most friends"
Hahahahahaaaa, Facebook.
Nov 6, 2016 1:39 PM

Jun 2016
Kofuku is adorable.
Yato is is serious condition, that prick Yukine.
Dec 21, 2016 9:10 AM

Aug 2016
Poor Yukine T-T (I don't think he is a stupid brat or something like this, I can understand how you can be so desperate in this situation..Nowhere to belong, being beside someone that give you the cold shoulder most of the time and only want to use you...I is one supposed to NOT snap like this?)

And poor Yato - Still ...somehow I can't really like him - yet, but keeping up with the pain Yukine is causing him must hurt really bad. Let's see if Yato actually had some good intentions with his ignorant behaviour towards Yuki)
Dec 29, 2016 5:16 PM

Aug 2016
Felt reallyy bad for Yato and Yukine kinda pissed me off

Set by SenpieX
Jan 15, 2017 6:15 PM
Jan 2017
Honestly Yukine is my smol bean and it hurts me so much to see him all sad.
Grayson the gay son :)
Feb 5, 2017 8:14 AM

Feb 2017
its turning into a faggotfest...
i hate those crying kids wasting full episodes only crying.
should have killed him, would been a better twist then keeping him after a good happy-bro ending..

ffs 0/10 for this episode
Mar 3, 2017 12:42 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Oh, Yato is near to died, if a God can died!!! xD
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.