MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (3) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] »
Post New Reply
Poll: Space☆Dandy Episode 8 Discussion

Feb 24, 2014 1:52 AM

Aloxamax said:
The episode should have ended after the Laika homage, or rather that should have occupied the whole thing - because the second part was completely random and unimportant in comparison.

It wasn't that random though...they had a few lines in the first half of the episode
and they explained the story behind the planet

Feb 24, 2014 6:14 AM

Curious question. am I the only one who watches this in Japanese? I actually like Dandy's Japanese voice actor...
This episode had a more serious feel, but it had it's moments :)
And I never thought I would ever think Dandy was sexy....
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3

Feb 24, 2014 6:24 AM

Aww... poor doggie :'(

''I always wanted to die by extreme sucking''

Hey me too! o3o

Feb 24, 2014 6:26 AM

This episode was great,sad and funny.

Feb 24, 2014 7:36 AM

Mochi_chan said:
Curious question. am I the only one who watches this in Japanese? I actually like Dandy's Japanese voice actor...

You're not alone, me too. I prefer the japanese dub for some reason...

Feb 24, 2014 10:48 AM

gerey said:
Mochi_chan said:

prefer the japanese because of dandy, QT and the narrator

great episode. man that first half Q.Q

Feb 24, 2014 12:16 PM

thank god for the original op being there now

i thought the ep was great, i thought the "drama" was weird until you kind of notice it really wasnt meant to be serious. Comedy was spot on and i laughed pretty hard by possessed QT

also lol at meow finding spike's fridge then eating the sentient mold in it
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

Feb 24, 2014 3:43 PM

Decent episode, shame that the weeabo trash op played, thanks got the ed was the normal us one, atleast my torrent had it.

Feb 24, 2014 6:41 PM

JizzyHitler said:
thank god for the original op being there now

i thought the ep was great, i thought the "drama" was weird until you kind of notice it really wasnt meant to be serious. Comedy was spot on and i laughed pretty hard by possessed QT

also lol at meow finding spike's fridge then eating the sentient mold in it

Idk that was Spike's fridge :o
Member of the Anime Discussion Club

Feb 24, 2014 7:24 PM

Meh, first weak episode in a while.

Feb 24, 2014 8:16 PM

As someone with dogs this episode killed me T_T

Feb 24, 2014 9:08 PM

random enjoyable episode as usual
MAL IS NOT A SUPPORT/ADVICE FORUM FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THIS

To the clueless people: my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire

To Harem producers: Follow the example of High School DxD. Make the main character a guy with balls that actually likes females and make the females (at least, the majority) the types that aren't embarrassed to "show some skin".

Join if hate Clannad: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=12806&time=1389088639
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=41313

Feb 24, 2014 9:14 PM

Awesome episode.
Nice science fiction with the gravitons, gravitinos and Liaka. Weird mix, but interesting.

Feb 24, 2014 10:17 PM

I loved the whole thing about how Pup might have been Laika from the Sputnik 2 mission

Feb 24, 2014 10:41 PM

Attracting dogs at it's finest :P

The way the dog's mouth moved as it spoke kind of creepped me out XD

The dog died >:(

Lol alien fleas

"Bye-bye come back and see us" Hell yeah baby ;)

Feb 25, 2014 1:44 AM

Man, I could tell they were on the dog right away, so that made me really sad when they said "the land is dying", not to mention when she died and Meow was hugging her. Guh, I really wanted Precious Upside-down Coconut Pie to join them. T_T Though, it was kind of funny when they said "it's god's divine protection!"

Also I lol'd hard at how the two brothers died, way too fucking nonchalantly. xD Also Gel getting sucked into the black hole ... Bea was pretty hilarious this time too: "it doesn't look like it's working." lol.

And Dandy acted so much like me this episode... I half expected PUP to be alive and they'd just be like "OH! Phew she's just sound asleep."

Antearion said:
Oh shit the opening. Bout time we got this. Love the song. Good episode. Poor pup. Best dog ever. Dandy is so real. "Say what they will about me. But I can always spot a bitch." Was not expecting him to say that. Dat ass. So the monkey died. Don't care.
-Kazu said:
"I always figured i'd die by extreme sucking!" lmao
Lol these almost make me wish I was watching the dubs... but I just like Q.T's voice in the subs better.

Also the connotations seem completely different in those scenes between the subs and the dubs... seems like it's got more humor in the dubs' dialogue as opposed to having a bit more serious lines in the subs. Even though Space Dandy is completely nonsensical and mostly just mindless entertainment, I still prefer having a little bit of that seriousness. I'm probably just overthinking things though.

But at least the biggest handicap in the dubs (the missing masterpiece known as Viva Namida) is apparently fixed now.

GEO9875 said:
Decent episode, shame that the weeabo trash op played, thanks got the ed was the normal us one, atleast my torrent had it.
Trying a bit too hard on a site for otakus don't you think?
Modified by HalibelTheEspada, Feb 25, 2014 1:50 AM

Feb 25, 2014 2:38 AM

xSanox said:
gerey said:
Mochi_chan said:

great episode. man that first half Q.Q

I adore QT, if Siri was that adorable I would have bought an iPhone :)
Also the narrator is so cool in the Japanese version. I like the way they phrase his words.
As for Dandy, I liked Junichi Suwabe from before, as the Undertaker in Kuroshitsuji so it was so cool to see him transform.
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3

Feb 25, 2014 5:36 AM

Bee seemed a lot shorter in this episode.
--TrustOnly1

Feb 25, 2014 10:55 AM

the poor dog ;___; such doge feels this ep
better than most eps just cuz of that dog

Feb 25, 2014 7:55 PM

Way too much dog in this episode. At least it's gone now, would have been pissed if it stayed in the show. Episodes still seem a bit rushed. Curious about what next weeks episode will be about since they decided to not show a preview.

Feb 25, 2014 8:01 PM

After rewatching this episode (and seeing next week's promo), I realize that somehow I missed that the first brother died upon the first viewing (wondered why the other flea took over QT-reminded me of some Invader Zim's Gir episode from way back when). Anyways I had some convoluted(probably very) idea that the first flea survived and thought he may have hijacked the warp drive.
So combining this haphazard idea (I was drunk watching it the first time) with the fact that there was no promo (which I did not take into account the OP additional time), I thought that maybe there would be some really crazy 2nd episode. So really I was let down by not paying attention the first time.
Still, I hope that Dr Gel dying-almost-every-episode-gag turns out to be something more than Space Dandy's Kenny, maybe I'm hoping for too much from this show. Either way, I'm enjoying the ride while it last. Oh, please tell me this is going to run for more than 13 episodes, don't think toonami would add thirty minutes for a quarter year show.

Feb 25, 2014 8:04 PM

NJJM2006 said:
Oh, please tell me this is going to run for more than 13 episodes, don't think toonami would add thirty minutes for a quarter year show.
Sadly its confirmed to be exactly 13 episodes
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Space-Dandy-Collectors-Blu-ray-episodes/dp/B00HRTHTBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392664278&sr=8-1&keywords=space+dandy
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

Feb 26, 2014 1:17 AM

The dog part would've been better if they expanded on it.
I'm usually a sap especially when it comes to animals but the feels weren't all that strong this time.
Or maybe my peeve was with her voice...which sounded odd to me.

And those flea aliens...creepy.

Feb 26, 2014 1:42 PM

xSanox said:
gerey said:
Mochi_chan said:

I'm also watching the subs. And yeah, QT is my biggest reason for watching the subs (aside from the opening, which is no longer a problem). I'm actually surprised more people are watching the dubs than the subs.

Feb 26, 2014 8:33 PM

Thanks JizzyHitler,
Not what I wanted to hear, but maybe it's a good thing if the final five episodes are comparable to episodes 4,5 and 7; which are my favorites so far. I can only hope that our three space cadets get a back story episode each. Doesn't need to be serious like Bebop or Champloo but I think there is a loth potential especially for Meow. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
As far as the sub/dub thing, I have seen most episodes in both but prefer the English dub, which is typically the case for me unless the dub is an abomination like Higurashi was. There's nothing wrong with the Japanese dub though; I just like hearing lines like "Give me some of those sick beats," and many others. Anyways 72 hours to the next episode.

Mar 1, 2014 3:19 AM

HalibelTheEspada said:
xSanox said:
gerey said:
Mochi_chan said:

I'm also watching the subs. And yeah, QT is my biggest reason for watching the subs (aside from the opening, which is no longer a problem). I'm actually surprised more people are watching the dubs than the subs.

Huehuehuehue, you're kidding right? There's a dub of this? And people are watching it?

Okay. Yeah. Sure. Whatever.

Mar 1, 2014 7:17 AM

NJJM2006 said:
Thanks JizzyHitler,
Not what I wanted to hear, but maybe it's a good thing if the final five episodes are comparable to episodes 4,5 and 7; which are my favorites so far. I can only hope that our three space cadets get a back story episode each. Doesn't need to be serious like Bebop or Champloo but I think there is a loth potential especially for Meow. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
As far as the sub/dub thing, I have seen most episodes in both but prefer the English dub, which is typically the case for me unless the dub is an abomination like Higurashi was. There's nothing wrong with the Japanese dub though; I just like hearing lines like "Give me some of those sick beats," and many others. Anyways 72 hours to the next episode.
im honestly hoping for a relatively seriousish episode about how dandy got QT, i just feel like that story would be kind of sad/touching. Though im curious what were gonna get with the following episodes, tonight's episode is gonna be trippy as hell so i wonder if we'll even get another episodes like 5 not including the final 2 episodes which are pretty likley to end up that way considering how both bebop and champloo went. I'm sure were at least gonna get an answer on what dandy has done in the past and why the gogol empire wants him

also on the sub/dub thing just as someone whos watching both every week since the scripts are slightly different, Dub is generally much funnier and contains more wit, they are both excellent audio tracks but this is deifnetly a show I rec to people to watch in dub over the sub
tokiyashiro said:

He caught me

Mar 1, 2014 3:23 PM

Most unexpected Cowboy Bebop cameo ever, well played Mr. Watanabe, well fucking played.

Mar 3, 2014 12:15 AM

Just when we were going to have a Space Dandy equivalent of Ein on board... they had to kill her off :(
One thing I noticed is that the animation is surprisingly top notch, almost western animation quality during the first half of this episode. Its incredibly fluid but this time without the off model I mean just look at the scene where Meow spots the fridge. And I always thought Noragami was going to be the anime in which Bones puts more effort into the animation. Lets hope they carry on the same amount of quality they had in this episodes over to the following ones.

Mar 3, 2014 6:17 AM

Oh wow first half full of feels. Dandy still a good guy and bids the dog farewell in his own way. ;_____;
second half still comedy and they just killed those rare fleas by mistake XD

Mar 3, 2014 7:31 AM

Heh, Lyka. So that's why I thought the name sounded familiar. Liked the first part of the episode, the second was pretty meh though.

Mar 9, 2014 9:00 PM

aw precious upside down coconut pie died! i thought she would be this shows ein

Mar 11, 2014 12:38 PM

toka_koka said:
- Narrator tearing up
- Turn 360 degrees. Dammit, math. How about 60?
- Laika
- Cowboy bebop fridge
- Meow ate the Toys in the Attic monster
- Japanese OP

11/10

^ Also, does anyone know when the album OST is gonna come out?

Mar 14, 2014 2:18 AM

didn't expect this anime could pull off a drama like that.. dayum
Studio Pierrot is shit

Mar 14, 2014 4:59 PM

I always figured I'd die by extreme sucking lololol

Mar 16, 2014 9:40 AM

THE FRIDGE FROM COWBOY BEBOP THO

Mar 25, 2014 10:24 PM

Well, that's ONE thing that might happen in the future if you remove a pair of supersymmetric particles and break supergravity. Way to go Space Dandy you broke physics. What's next? I'm so happy this series exists. Black holes AND boobies!

Mar 28, 2014 1:54 AM

It is not until later that I realized the fleas brother were on the dog before jumping onto the cat.

Dat Dandy's butt..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 4, 2014 7:58 AM

Great episode, pretty funny and damn that dog :|

Apr 7, 2014 11:10 AM

Wasn´t that the fridge from Cowboy Bebop? :D
You all need to watch Nami.

Jun 19, 2014 5:12 AM

Why, just why ;_; Pup was just lonely T^T I didn't expect her to die!!
That Flea Brothers ahahaha. The way his brother died ahahaha.

Jul 27, 2014 1:46 AM

abystoma2 said:
Wasn´t that the fridge from Cowboy Bebop? :D

Yeah, that's what I thought too. And that thing Meow ate looked like the purple blob that infected everyone on the Bebop.

And those flea brothers. Being crushed to death between hair and a comb, and getting stepped on is a pretty lame way to die.

Sep 15, 2014 10:27 AM

this show deserves much more credit than what it's given

Sep 28, 2014 3:15 PM

Nooooo, not a doggie death.

QT can be such a fierce little thing.

Oct 23, 2014 6:19 PM

Holy shit i never thought that, about the fridge, nice. And damn the feels :(

Nov 24, 2014 1:14 PM

Seems that Dandy owned a dog once, I mean look at the way he talks to her. Also the fact that he could tell her gender instantly... he must really like dogs.
Interesting how this episode shifts from emotional - pup's "Funeral" - to funny instantly after the eyecatcher.
Not a monster, not a boogeyman.
Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to. - Johnny C.

Dec 1, 2014 3:47 PM

Not that sad but it was good.

Behold of my awesomeness~

Mister owl, when will my sig automatically update? Lets find out: one, two, three years? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW.

Jan 27, 11:25 AM

Laika! ;_;

Flea brothers? wtf

The black hole part was interesting.
I thought Dandy, Meow and QT would die again.

Feb 8, 6:37 PM

that moment when you realize Meow wears Crocs...

LOL who names their dog "precious upside down coconut pie?"

May 2, 7:13 AM

Dog talking was weird.Rip bugs planet

Pages (3) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] »