MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Space☆Dandy Episode 8 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Space☆Dandy »» Space☆Dandy Episode 8 Discussion

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
View Poll Results: Space☆Dandy Episode 8 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

99 55.31%
4 out of 5: Liked it

51 28.49%
3 out of 5: It was OK

20 11.17%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

7 3.91%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 1.12%
Voters: 179

02-24-14, 1:52 AM

Aloxamax said:
The episode should have ended after the Laika homage, or rather that should have occupied the whole thing - because the second part was completely random and unimportant in comparison.

It wasn't that random though...they had a few lines in the first half of the episode
and they explained the story behind the planet

02-24-14, 6:14 AM

Curious question. am I the only one who watches this in Japanese? I actually like Dandy's Japanese voice actor...
This episode had a more serious feel, but it had it's moments :)
And I never thought I would ever think Dandy was sexy....
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3

02-24-14, 6:24 AM

Aww... poor doggie :'(

''I always wanted to die by extreme sucking''

Hey me too! o3o

02-24-14, 6:26 AM

This episode was great,sad and funny.

02-24-14, 7:36 AM

Mochi_chan said:
Curious question. am I the only one who watches this in Japanese? I actually like Dandy's Japanese voice actor...

You're not alone, me too. I prefer the japanese dub for some reason...

02-24-14, 10:48 AM

gerey said:
Mochi_chan said:

prefer the japanese because of dandy, QT and the narrator

great episode. man that first half Q.Q

02-24-14, 12:16 PM

thank god for the original op being there now

i thought the ep was great, i thought the "drama" was weird until you kind of notice it really wasnt meant to be serious. Comedy was spot on and i laughed pretty hard by possessed QT

also lol at meow finding spike's fridge then eating the sentient mold in it
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

02-24-14, 3:43 PM

Decent episode, shame that the weeabo trash op played, thanks got the ed was the normal us one, atleast my torrent had it.

02-24-14, 6:41 PM

JizzyHitler said:
thank god for the original op being there now

i thought the ep was great, i thought the "drama" was weird until you kind of notice it really wasnt meant to be serious. Comedy was spot on and i laughed pretty hard by possessed QT

also lol at meow finding spike's fridge then eating the sentient mold in it

Idk that was Spike's fridge :o

02-24-14, 7:24 PM

Meh, first weak episode in a while.

02-24-14, 8:16 PM

As someone with dogs this episode killed me T_T

02-24-14, 9:08 PM

random enjoyable episode as usual
MAL IS NOT A SUPPORT/ADVICE FORUM FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THIS

To the clueless people: my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire

To Harem producers: Follow the example of High School DxD. Make the main character a guy with balls that actually likes females and make the females (at least, the majority) the types that aren't embarrassed to "show some skin".

Join if hate Clannad: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=12806&time=1389088639
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=41313

02-24-14, 9:14 PM

Awesome episode.
Nice science fiction with the gravitons, gravitinos and Liaka. Weird mix, but interesting.

02-24-14, 10:17 PM

I loved the whole thing about how Pup might have been Laika from the Sputnik 2 mission

02-24-14, 10:41 PM

Attracting dogs at it's finest :P

The way the dog's mouth moved as it spoke kind of creepped me out XD

The dog died >:(

Lol alien fleas

"Bye-bye come back and see us" Hell yeah baby ;)

02-25-14, 1:44 AM

Man, I could tell they were on the dog right away, so that made me really sad when they said "the land is dying", not to mention when she died and Meow was hugging her. Guh, I really wanted Precious Upside-down Coconut Pie to join them. T_T Though, it was kind of funny when they said "it's god's divine protection!"

Also I lol'd hard at how the two brothers died, way too fucking nonchalantly. xD Also Gel getting sucked into the black hole ... Bea was pretty hilarious this time too: "it doesn't look like it's working." lol.

And Dandy acted so much like me this episode... I half expected PUP to be alive and they'd just be like "OH! Phew she's just sound asleep."

Antearion said:
Oh shit the opening. Bout time we got this. Love the song. Good episode. Poor pup. Best dog ever. Dandy is so real. "Say what they will about me. But I can always spot a bitch." Was not expecting him to say that. Dat ass. So the monkey died. Don't care.
-Kazu said:
"I always figured i'd die by extreme sucking!" lmao
Lol these almost make me wish I was watching the dubs... but I just like Q.T's voice in the subs better.

Also the connotations seem completely different in those scenes between the subs and the dubs... seems like it's got more humor in the dubs' dialogue as opposed to having a bit more serious lines in the subs. Even though Space Dandy is completely nonsensical and mostly just mindless entertainment, I still prefer having a little bit of that seriousness. I'm probably just overthinking things though.

But at least the biggest handicap in the dubs (the missing masterpiece known as Viva Namida) is apparently fixed now.

GEO9875 said:
Decent episode, shame that the weeabo trash op played, thanks got the ed was the normal us one, atleast my torrent had it.
Trying a bit too hard on a site for otakus don't you think?
Modified by HalibelTheEspada, 02-25-14, 1:50 AM

02-25-14, 2:38 AM

xSanox said:
gerey said:
Mochi_chan said:

prefer the japanese because of dandy, QT and the narrator

great episode. man that first half Q.Q

I adore QT, if Siri was that adorable I would have bought an iPhone :)
Also the narrator is so cool in the Japanese version. I like the way they phrase his words.
As for Dandy, I liked Junichi Suwabe from before, as the Undertaker in Kuroshitsuji so it was so cool to see him transform.
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3

02-25-14, 5:36 AM

Bee seemed a lot shorter in this episode.
--TrustOnly1

02-25-14, 10:55 AM

the poor dog ;___; such doge feels this ep
better than most eps just cuz of that dog

02-25-14, 7:55 PM

Way too much dog in this episode. At least it's gone now, would have been pissed if it stayed in the show. Episodes still seem a bit rushed. Curious about what next weeks episode will be about since they decided to not show a preview.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices