Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 22, 2014 8:49 AM

Dec 2013
Reverb_Shock said:
In my opinion, no there isn't. It's my favorite anime. However, there is no such thing as being the best anime, so in other people's eyes, yes there are anime better than Steins;Gate.
Feb 22, 2014 9:22 AM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
daedroth4 said:

No, I don't think so. From how time travel is used to enhance the narrative Madoka's time trave [.....]

Are you seriously gonna claim that Mayuri is a plot device, when the MC of Madoka is the biggest plot device of all time? . Also nice spoilers.

Whoops.

But yes, I'm claiming that Mayuri is a plot device and Madoka is not. Two reasons:

Feb 22, 2014 9:34 AM

Feb 2010
A couple of hundred.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 22, 2014 9:37 AM

Apr 2013
JD2411 said:
yes there are better anime and imo steins gate shouldn't be in the top 10

But Fairy Tail should. Am I right or am I right?

Sorry, I had to.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 22, 2014 9:41 AM
Sep 2011
Opinions and tastes.

If you're someone who actually enjoyed the first ten or so episodes of Steins;Gate then It'd be hard to name anything you'd consider better.

But if you're someone who was dying of boredom waiting for the show to go somewhere, anything that is enjoyable the entire run would be considered better.
Feb 22, 2014 9:43 AM

Sep 2011
the actual answer doesnt exist as different people will enjoy it to different varying degrees, something may top it for some and others it reigns supreme

RLinksoul said:

If you're someone who actually enjoyed the first ten or so episodes of Steins;Gate then It'd be hard to name anything you'd consider better.
the first 12 episodes are perfectly fine and enjoyable, shows still just a 8 to me and i can think of many shows i personally enjoyed way more.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 22, 2014 9:44 AM

Feb 2014
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
There are plenty of anime better than steins gate.

Correction, there are SO many.
I think you'd look lovely with your wrists slit.
Feb 22, 2014 9:44 AM
Feb 22, 2014 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
true answer

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 22, 2014 9:48 AM
Feb 22, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
There just isn't a real answer because it all boils down to people's subjective opinion. Steins;Gate remains the highest rated anime on my list, but I haven't exactly watched a whole lot of anime so far.
Feb 22, 2014 10:16 AM

Mar 2012
RLinksoul said:
Opinions and tastes.

But if you're someone who was dying of boredom waiting for the show to go somewhere, anything that is enjoyable the entire run would be considered better.
I was bored through most of the first half and the godawful harem episodes in the second half.

I also have the opinion that Guilty Crown was immensely enjoyable the whole way through.

Guess which one I liked better?
Feb 22, 2014 10:18 AM

Aug 2012
Yes, it's called K-On.
Feb 22, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
Guess which one is better?
Dammit, why did you have to be careful with your words?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Feb 22, 2014 10:20 AM

Jan 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
RedRoseFring said:

I already said Madoka is a "deconstruction of the magical girl genre" (whatever that's supposed to mean), so of course it's more than just a time travel story.
Well maybe you should stop throwing around terms that you don't know the meaning of. You've basically come out and admitted that the show was literally too deep for you. More to the point that's not even what Madoka is. The show never once tried to tear apart and analyse the different tropes in magical girl anime. In fact, it's so far removed from those tropes that it shouldn't even belong in the same genre.

Of course, with dark and edgy being the current trend, its popularity is no surprise.
I don't like Madoka because it's dark. I like it because it's good. All of my friends who I showed Madoka to didn't like it because it made them want to slit their wrists or else they would have loved Mirai Nikki too. Speaking of which, Mirai Nikki is way more dark and edgy than Madoka so that means it's way more popular right? Right?.

Wow. My sarcasm apparently was 2deep4u. And yes, Mirai Nikki is generally more popular than Madoka because of Yuno.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 22, 2014 10:21 AM

Nov 2012
Forgetfulness said:
JackFisher said:
Forgetfulness said:
@MajinSaga Why the heck did you put an empty line between each one?
Because he can.
Doesn't serve much purpose (except looking better to him) while taking up a ton of room.

Somewhat inconvenient if you ask me
I really can't believe you're making a problem out of it, it's like you're looking for a fight.

RLinksoul said:
Opinions and tastes.
Obviously, nice fallacy to try disregard what everyone is saying about s;g
RX-782Feb 22, 2014 10:28 AM
Feb 22, 2014 10:27 AM

Jan 2014
daedroth4 said:
I have a very poor opinion of Steins;Gate personally. I think there are many better shows out there, such as Madoka which is a show that SG gets compared to a lot but can't match up to in quality.

RedRoseFring said:
skyzblue said:
Let's look at the critically acclaimed anime series in 2011:
Anohana, Usagi drop, Madoka Magica, Steins Gate, Mawaru penguindrum..
If I would rank them in order of merit:
Mawaru penguindrum
Madoka magica
Usagi drop
Steins gate
Anohana..

Steins gate wasn't even the best of 2011, let alone of all time..

Steins gate pulled off a much better time travel story than Madoka. In fact, Steins;gate is everything Madoka hoped to be.

No, I don't think so. From how time travel is used to enhance the narrative Madoka's time travel is far better than Steins;Gate. For example,

And "Steins;gate is everything Madoka hoped to be"? I think that's a statement that deserves to be elaborated on.

"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 22, 2014 10:28 AM

Sep 2012
'Course, but there are countless more that are worse than Steins;Gate.

It was a great anime but definitely not the best. Despite how good it was, it's flaws were so obvious that they sorta stared you in the face.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 22, 2014 10:35 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Nope_ said:
Forgetfulness said:
JackFisher said:
Forgetfulness said:
@MajinSaga Why the heck did you put an empty line between each one?
Because he can.
Doesn't serve much purpose (except looking better to him) while taking up a ton of room.

Somewhat inconvenient if you ask me
I really can't believe you're making a problem out of it, it's like you're looking for a fight.

RLinksoul said:
Opinions and tastes.
Obviously, nice fallacy to try disregard what everyone is saying about s;g
Meh, I was curious. I didn't want to start anything

Why don't we just drop this subject? :/
I thought it was a more interesting topic than "is x better than y" like this thread is supposed to be about
Feb 22, 2014 10:39 AM

Jul 2012
I highly recommend that Saritur give Gurren Lagann a try.
Feb 22, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
RedRoseFring said:
daedroth4 said:
I have a very poor opinion of Steins;Gate personally. I think there are many better shows out there, such as Madoka which is a show that SG gets compared to a lot but can't match up to in quality.

RedRoseFring said:
skyzblue said:
Let's look at the critically acclaimed anime series in 2011:
Anohana, Usagi drop, Madoka Magica, Steins Gate, Mawaru penguindrum..
If I would rank them in order of merit:
Mawaru penguindrum
Madoka magica
Usagi drop
Steins gate
Anohana..

Steins gate wasn't even the best of 2011, let alone of all time..

Steins gate pulled off a much better time travel story than Madoka. In fact, Steins;gate is everything Madoka hoped to be.

No, I don't think so. From how time travel is used to enhance the narrative Madoka's time travel is far better than Steins;Gate. For example,

And "Steins;gate is everything Madoka hoped to be"? I think that's a statement that deserves to be elaborated on.

Feb 22, 2014 10:43 AM
Feb 2012
great anime but not the best . ill say its top 3 of 2010s if not 1
Feb 22, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah...IMO all the ones I rated better than 4/10
הלב שלי כבר מת
Feb 22, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2013
It's pretty awesome, but not even close to the best.
Feb 22, 2014 10:58 AM

Jan 2013
Anything I've rated higher than an 8/10.
Salmon is delicious.
Feb 22, 2014 11:05 AM

Dec 2012
RedRoseFring said:

Feb 22, 2014 11:26 AM
Dec 2013
Not everyone thinks Steins Gate is the best anime. I think it's great but I could name better.
Feb 22, 2014 11:57 AM

May 2013
You tell me? Do you think there's a better anime than Steins; Gate? It's a subjective question, don't expect an objective answer.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 22, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2014
peeyaj said:

1. Shinsekai Yori

Ermagerd! Shernserki Yeri!!!
Feb 22, 2014 12:07 PM

Dec 2012
No, but there are many things I gave the same rating.

KruszerFeb 22, 2014 12:30 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 22, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2012
OP's question is a simple yes/no that leaves little room for discussion besides simple listing.

-Thread Locked-
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 4 hours ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

23 by Ratris_Decision »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

69 by FZREMAKE »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - Yesterday

44 by Zimmu »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 5 hours ago

18 by _ATG_ »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.