Forum Settings
Forums

I just dropped One Piece and Naruto.. What's wrong with me?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 21, 2014 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
Sentress said:

Naruto > Cowboy Bepoop.
Naruto < Breaking Bad
Naruto Japanese voice cast > Every dub ever
Naruto =? Every anime pre 2010
Naruto > America

Nah, I like it this way.
Feb 21, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
Sentress said:

Naruto > Cowboy Bepoop.
Naruto < Breaking Bad
Naruto =? Every anime pre 2010
Naruto > America

Naruto for president
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 21, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
Thanks for sharing your heartwarming story. I'm very sad to hear that you dropped those two and I hope that one day you'll be able to get over it.
Feb 21, 2014 10:15 AM

Jun 2012
Might as well read the manga if you like both and want to see what happens next in the story.
Feb 21, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
i dropped One Piece after about 50 episodes
I liked it just fine, but did not feel invested in the show?

i hear it gets better from then on, but it feels too late now.

i sincerely liked it... maybe i was feeling overwhelmed by the number of episodes and decided not to follow through. i dunno, shit happens
Feb 21, 2014 10:27 AM

Jun 2011
daintybiscuit said:

i sincerely liked it... maybe i was feeling overwhelmed by the number of episodes and decided not to follow through. i dunno, shit happens

If you liked it, I would suggest reading the manga because it's faster getting through a chapter than an episode (2-5 minutes per chapter depending on your reading speed)

Feb 21, 2014 12:57 PM
Feb 2014
Nothing's wrong; I just feel like since there's a manga, it's quicker just to get through those chapters than sit through 20 minutes of them having thoughts while watching each other.

I still like Naruto, but I just don't have the patience to sit through every episode either.
Feb 21, 2014 1:33 PM
Dec 2013
I'd catch up on Naruto!(through fillers)
trust me just catch up on Naruto and you'll feel good
Feb 21, 2014 1:35 PM
Dec 2013
Sentress said:
tsudecimo said:
MajinSaga said:
On your list:

Cowboy Bebop, Paprika, Ghost in The Shell, Akira, Perfect Blue.

Geez no wonder you got sick and tired of shitty anime like naruto.

Naruto < Cowboy Bepoop.
Naruto < Breaking Bad
Naruto < Every anime pre 2010
Naruto ><=? America

Come at me bro.

Corrected. Hmm. Yes.

Oh and I really like Paprika. Just saying. :3

you totally fucked the whole thing up, incorrect
Naruto>Paprika sorry
Feb 21, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2012
Is this a topic or a blog post?

scytheavatar said:
Welcome to pretty much how everyone feels about these shounen "epics", that's why nowadays everyone talks about Attack On Titan, Kill La Kill, etc and not that much about Naruto.
Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill are both shounen though.

trunghuynh90 said:
Cupquake said:
trunghuynh90 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
what if i told you there was other anime beside one piece and naruto
None as good as them.
what if i told you if there were

Then you'd be lying
the world of anime is bigger than you think. It don't just revolve around naruto and one piece.
None objectively as good as Naruto or One Piece.
OchimushaFeb 21, 2014 1:48 PM
Feb 21, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
I can't give up on Naruto, it's what got me into anime and I have been watching it for so long it's like it's part of my life now.

You should watch it for entertainment and not for the sake of finishing it. The longer it is the longer the entertainment you get if you like the series.
Feb 21, 2014 2:25 PM

Jun 2012
I kinda don't even wanna say skip Naruto's fillers. I legit enjoy them more than the canon but that's personal preference. Rock Lee's spinoff, for example is much funner than it should be.

EDIT: The anime also has nice music, too.
Feb 21, 2014 3:27 PM

Feb 2014
MajinSaga said:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/034/3/3/Naruto_and_Sasuke_I_love_you12_by_Feiuccia.jpg

Pft. Omg so sasugay.
I think you'd look lovely with your wrists slit.
Feb 21, 2014 7:49 PM

Sep 2012
MajinSaga said:
On your list:

Cowboy Bebop, Paprika, Ghost in The Shell, Akira, Perfect Blue, Princess Mononoke.

Geez no wonder you got sick and tired of shitty anime like naruto.

Nothing wrong with you, you've just been spoiled with fantastic quality. Everything else will just seem mediocre from this point on.

One of them fags. "Oh, I love cowboy beebop I want spike to bang me in the ass, is best show evar." I agree with tsudecimo.
Feb 21, 2014 8:24 PM

Nov 2012
Never watched Naruto, but I absolutely loved One Piece. "Loved" being the key word. I can just no longer stomach the pacing; it is so god damn slow. The stuff that happens is still really fun though, but I'd rather not sit through a fight that takes 10 episodes because that's just ridiculous.
Feb 21, 2014 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
daintybiscuit said:

I really dont understand this type of logic, like if your enjoying it then why is the episode count daunting, shouldnt that be exciting like "oh i get to enjoy this for this long?"

also when you actually total up just how much time youl actually lose if you were to watch the entire series it really makes the whole thing seem WAY less huge, if you hypothetically include all filler, previews, ED's, and recaps of one piece and catch up to it now you would only lose about 10 days of your life watching it, of course youd need to watch more than 10 days to do it but its really not THAT much of a time waster in the end especially if you only watch it at a pace of a few episodes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 21, 2014 8:37 PM

Jul 2012
JizzyHitler said:
daintybiscuit said:

I really dont understand this type of logic, like if your enjoying it then why is the episode count daunting, shouldnt that be exciting like "oh i get to enjoy this for this long?"

also when you actually total up just how much time youl actually lose if you were to watch the entire series it really makes the whole thing seem WAY less huge, if you hypothetically include all filler, previews, ED's, and recaps of one piece and catch up to it now you would only lose about 10 days of your life watching it, of course youd need to watch more than 10 days to do it but its really not THAT much of a time waster in the end especially if you only watch it at a pace of a few episodes

i think i sort of lied. # of episodes really isn't a big deal. i just didn't enjoy it enough Saying that perhaps i was daunted by the number of episodes was a cop out. it just didn't really totally grab me - but i waver when people say it gets better. perhaps it just didn't get better fast enough for me (50 ep?)
Feb 21, 2014 9:04 PM

Dec 2013
scytheavatar said:
Welcome to pretty much how everyone feels about these shounen "epics", that's why nowadays everyone talks about Attack On Titan, Kill La Kill, etc and not that much about Naruto.

Kill la Kill is amazing, but I can't say the same for Attack On Titan.
Feb 21, 2014 9:06 PM

Nov 2010
daintybiscuit said:
i think i sort of lied. # of episodes really isn't a big deal. i just didn't enjoy it enough Saying that perhaps i was daunted by the number of episodes was a cop out. it just didn't really totally grab me - but i waver when people say it gets better. perhaps it just didn't get better fast enough for me (50 ep?)
Around 45 or rather the Arlong arc is when people say it gets better. Before then it had to introduce all the other main characters. After that arc is when they go into the grand line and really start the adventure.
Feb 21, 2014 9:23 PM

Jan 2014
Exploshun said:
scytheavatar said:

They are both amazing. KlK is trumping AoT right now though, especially with the last couple of episodes.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 21, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Exploshun said:
scytheavatar said:

They are both amazing. KlK is trumping AoT right now though, especially with the last couple of episodes.

I didn't like Attack On Titian. :p I didn't feel the hype like everyone else
Feb 21, 2014 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
Hmmm i put them on hold (the anime i mean).Why?
-Naruto my head hurts only when i think at the 7 days marathon i did to catch up at the start of ninja war (this was around 2012? way before i found MAL).After no thx you and no plan to restart watching it this year.As for manga meh i will read it until end.
-One Piece dang i wish i had time to watch it.As for manga I caught up with it in 3 days one of my favorite so far and i still reread it.

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Feb 21, 2014 10:38 PM

Jan 2013
I'll never stop reading or watching One Piece, its just too good. And I'm gonna re watch the whole series a few times, I'm planning to re watch it soon. Also trying to collect every manga volume of it.
Feb 21, 2014 10:45 PM

Oct 2012
Nothing. Absolutely nothing is wrong with you.
ShrabsterFeb 21, 2014 10:52 PM

Feb 21, 2014 10:47 PM

Jan 2014
What's wrong with you?

Nothing.

Both of those serious are notoriously long and as their publishers are still making big bucks off them, you won't see them ending anytime soon. Their quality isn't terrible, but the pacing is just morbidly slow.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 39 minutes ago

1 by MeanMrMusician »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

31 by BatoKusanagi »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 7 hours ago

18 by MeanMrMusician »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

87 by downymaiden »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

206 by Thanatos1 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.