Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2014 10:02 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So... Things keep getting worse for pretty much everyone involved..

I will wait for proper subs before commenting on the rest of all of this though - so much happened, and without subs, it's hard to say what happened with certainty.

One thing I can comment on is: NUDIST EVERYONE. You have no idea how happy this makes me.

BRSxIgnitionFeb 20, 2014 10:16 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 20, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
Damn haven't watched this episode yet...

[hype intensifies]
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 20, 2014 10:17 AM

Oct 2011
Drogan said:
Why do you make thread before the end of the episode <.<
Well Gamako confirmed, 4 deva turning nudist, more Satsuki rape and Ryuuko turning evil

Nice ep 5/5
'Tis editable, and at least I waited until the half-way-point.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Feb 20, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
LOL Ishin Matoi and Satsuki's father are the same person. That dress xD

EDIT

Yeah :)
BatStarkFeb 20, 2014 10:42 AM
Feb 20, 2014 10:24 AM

Oct 2011
BatStark said:
LOL Ishin Matoi and Satsuki's father are the same person. That dress xD
That wasn't a dress, it was the bed clothes from when she was unconscious.
Feb 20, 2014 10:25 AM
Oct 2013
Can someone please sum up what happened? I can't view videos on the internet from my device.
Feb 20, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2013
Ryuko looks like Kamina with her cape
Feb 20, 2014 10:39 AM
Oct 2013
Muy interesante. Well, I guess some sort of time-skip was to be expected, given that the preview said that Satsuki and Mako were missing.

So do you mean that Ryuuko is deliberately rejecting Senketsu, or is she just unable to synchronize with him now? If she's just incompatible, Ragyo must have done something about the Life Fibers in her body.

And what's this I read on Reddit about "Tengen Toppa Kamui, courtesy of our Grand Couturier"?
Feb 20, 2014 10:45 AM

Oct 2011
In regards to the Matoi Isshin = Souichiro Kiryuuin plot twist, I think I can explain it?

This is PRE-SUB, of course.
  • Souichirou saves Baby Ryuuko once Ragyo leaves the room.
  • Drops baby off with Aikuro (his brother?) - while working with REVOCS as a cover.
  • Tells Satsuki about her mother's plans and leaves REVOCS for good.
  • Ragyo finds out he has fled, she sends her men to kill him.
  • Men try to kill him, but he uses body-bag made of life fibers to survive the blast.
  • He disguises himself as an old man, changes his name, and takes care of Ryuuko, while building up Nudist Beach.
  • He sends Ryuuko off to a boarding school to keep her safe, while creating Senketsu for that same reason.

These are my thoughts, at least for now.
  • BRSxIgnitionFeb 20, 2014 10:54 AM
    Feb 20, 2014 10:49 AM

Oct 2011
    Kokopelli said:

So do you mean that Ryuuko is deliberately rejecting Senketsu, or is she just unable to synchronize with him now?

She is deliberately rejecting Senketsu. She refuses to be related to Life Fibers, because of what they've done and how Ragyo is using them. She's also plenty shocked about being related to Ragyo in the first place.

Kokopelli said:
    And what's this I read on Reddit about "Tengen Toppa Kamui, courtesy of our Grand Couturier"?

It seems that our Grand Couturier is making a new Godrobe/Kamui for Ragyo. Ragyo has her helping the mind-controlled Sewing Club.
    Feb 20, 2014 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
    Fucking intense as usual. Ragyo is going to pay for her crimes someday. Satsuki blew up the stadium? Wow. Nono was awesome in that outfit in this episode too.

My favorite of the elite 4.
    Feb 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
    Stark700 said:
    Fucking intense as usual. Ragyo is going to pay for her crimes someday. Satsuki blew up the stadium? Wow. Nono was awesome in that outfit in this episode too.

My favorite of the elite 4.

She seemed a bit TOO comfortable if you ask me :)

The flirting between Mako and Gamagoori was cute.
    My Candies:
    Feb 20, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2013
    That was another intense episode. Everybody going rogue and joining Nudist Beach is cool. And who knew Matoi Isshin and Satsuki's dad was actually the exact same person.

Gamagoori x Mako all the way. 110% confirmed this episode. My life is complete.

Also I couldn't help but notice Mako's mom constantly staring at glowing nips sensei's crotch
    ihusmal1234Feb 20, 2014 11:35 AM
    Feb 20, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2009
    I WANNA KNOW ABOUT SATSUKI'S BLACK TOENAIL. Wtf.
    Feb 20, 2014 11:32 AM

Oct 2011
    Blueappleegg said:

I actually LOVED that piece. She was prepared for this kind of thing it seems. That blade she's replaced her toenail with seems awfully similar to Bakuzan, doesn't it?

Apr 2013
    I loved the Mako x Gamagoori moments this episode.

Looks like the Elite Four has joined forces with Nudist Beach to fight against the Covers.
    Ryuko's awake now and she looks pissed. Didn't like how she rejected Senketsu though.

Apr 2013
    ihusmal1234 said:
    Gamagoori x Mako all the way. 110% confirmed this episode. My life is complete.

Heh, pretty much canon at this point. :P

Damn that Ragyo, she's violating Satsuki relentlessly. It's making me seethe.
    Powerful eyebrows.
    Feb 20, 2014 11:33 AM
    Feb 20, 2014 11:37 AM

Aug 2009
    BRSxIgnition said:
    Blueappleegg said:

I actually LOVED that piece. She was prepared for this kind of thing it seems. That blade she's replaced her toenail with seems awfully similar to Bakuzan, doesn't it?

AHH Makes sense. I didn't even think of it that way. but of course Satsuki is always a badass :P
    Feb 20, 2014 11:44 AM

Nov 2012
    Get your shit together Ryuuko, who the hell else do you think is gonna save the world?
    Feb 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2011
    niaxato said:
    Get your shit together Ryuuko, who the hell else do you think is gonna save the world?
    Judging by how badass Satsuki was and still is, we do have a runner up for that position. (Possibly)

I think next episode is when we'll see her break out. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.
    Feb 20, 2014 11:51 AM
    Apr 2013
    Okay first of all:

WOOOOOOW! Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow WOOOOOW!

Good jumping Gemini, look at all that PLOOOOOT!

And I don't mean plot as in oppai I mean plot as in PLOOOOOT!

Fan-fucking-tastic episode from the first second right down to the very last!

Soooooo much happened! Sooooo much!

If the last episode discussion thread reached 28 pages God knows how many this one'll reach.

And I hear you BRSxIgnition about the 18 episodes and 6 of them being padding and all, but good GOD imagine if this show started out this way right from the onset. I can't even...

They're using the first half's one major strength, the cinematic-ness of the whole thing, to full effect. And it IS WORKIIIING!

This feels like a story now.

I guess I'll wait for more posts to come in before I start talking about the episode but WOW.

Good job this week, "Kill la Kill".

Really, Good job.

Feb 20, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
    ollythirteen said:
    Okay first of all:

If the last episode discussion thread reached 28 pages God knows how many this one'll reach.

And I hear you BRSxIgnition about the 18 episodes and 6 of them being padding and all, but good GOD imagine if this show started out this way right from the onset. I can't even...

They're using the first half's one major strength, the cinematic-ness of the whole thing, to full effect. And it IS WORKIIIING!

I guess I'll wait for more posts to come in before I start talking about the episode but WOW.

Really, Good job.

Seeing you happy makes my heart go "doki doki", olly-senpai.
    Powerful eyebrows.
    Feb 20, 2014 11:54 AM
    Apr 2013
    Secondly, I knew it.

I knew that scene in the preview featuring Sanageyama was a feint.

Just look how long it lasted lol

Feb 20, 2014 11:55 AM
    Apr 2013
    migohunter said:
    ollythirteen said:
    Okay first of all:

Really, Good job.

Seeing you happy makes my heart go "doki doki", olly-senpai.

Haha!

You gotta give credit where it's due, man!

They brought it this episode and then some.

BEST episode of Kill la Kill ever.

Suddenly I feel like I don't want this show to end.

Feb 20, 2014 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
    ollythirteen said:
    Secondly, I knew it.

What can I say? Trigger, the master of trolling and that's not limited to deceiving episode previews.
    Powerful eyebrows.
    Feb 20, 2014 12:00 PM

May 2012
    Damn. Shit gets real in Kill la Kill. Epic episode. Ragyou basically rules the world. Nonon is working that outfit. Mako's mom is just staring at Mikisugi junk the whole time. Even when captured and naked, Satsuki is still the shit. Ryuuko woke up and lost her mind. Hope Senketsu can talk some sense into her. Looks like Satsuki is bout to make her move. Can't wait for next episode.

La vie est drôle!
    Feb 20, 2014 12:01 PM

Oct 2011
    Well, it's confirmed that we wont be getting any more previews in each episode, meaning each will be a good 15 - 20 seconds longer. Instead they will put out the 30-second WEB previews instead.

I really want to see the talk that Senketsu and Ryuuko have next episode, as well as what Satsuki has up her sleeve.

Also - what kind of Godrobe is Ragyo having made? "Ultimate Godrobe?" If you puase at the right time, you can see its face and its eyes look like.. Senketsu's..? (If he had two)

Oh dear..

Watching subbed version now, will update first post and post new impressions when I'm done.
    Feb 20, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
    damn. alot happend in that month.

ryuko is pretty strong without senketsu now

isshin being sochiro is what everyone thought anyway.

really cannot wait for the upcoming episodes.

the setting up for the final is in full force
    we are in for a treat with the remaining episodes. well done trigger
    Feb 20, 2014 12:03 PM

May 2010
    LMAO 12:26 Sukuyo cant resist!

man this episode was just straight up male ass in yar face!

still watching ..
    Sent with Mal Updater
    Feb 20, 2014 12:05 PM
    Apr 2013
    migohunter said:
    ollythirteen said:
    Secondly, I knew it.

What can I say? Trigger, the master of trolling and that's not limited to deceiving episode previews.

Man if they keep trolling like this I will be so happy to be trolled each and every week.

That made my WEEK anime-wise.

Nothing I watch (well, maybe except Sekai Seifuku and Noragami, if Bishamon finds out about Hiyori and goes after her) will top this episode this week.

NOTHING.

There's like SO much to talk about: Sentient Senketsu, the new members of Nudist beach, giant blushing, parent-child molestation, Satsuki's acknowledgement, Ryuuko's Father's identity, What Nui is making - SO FUCKING MUCH!

Feb 20, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
    My heart was breaking too much. Ryuko rejecting Senketsu was too much for me. He was legitimately heartbroken.

*tears*

Also, what's this I see about Kill la Kill finishing on the web after next week? What does that mean?
    Feb 20, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
    Hot Satsuki there, f.ck Ragyou and Harime too.
    Nonon looks really good in that outfit.
    Gamagoori x Mako :3
    Ryuuko you're so powerfull but why T.T please wear Senketsu and save Satsuki.
    Feb 20, 2014 12:09 PM

Sep 2012
    Yeah please. Let Ryuko become the antagonist of the series ! \o/
    Feb 20, 2014 12:15 PM

Dec 2013
    Wow things are not looking good! I still find the whole idea of Gamagoori x Mako kinda weird but still funny. Also Im glad that Satsuki is actually going to try to do something in that prison of hers. 4/5
    Feb 20, 2014 12:16 PM
    Oct 2010
    Lil-Bird said:
    My heart was breaking too much. Ryuko rejecting Senketsu was too much for me. He was legitimately heartbroken.

*tears*

Also, what's this I see about Kill la Kill finishing on the web after next week? What does that mean?

The sub I read was merely that the rest of the 'next episode previews' wouldn't be on tv but would be online instead. But specifically the previews, implying that the episodes themselves should air as normal.
    Feb 20, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
    randomperson2229 said:

The sub I read was merely that the rest of the 'next episode previews' wouldn't be on tv but would be online instead. But specifically the previews, implying that the episodes themselves should air as normal.

Oh, okay, I see now. I wasn't paying close attention there, was too busy reorganizing my thoughts after what happened.

Thanks for the clarification. I actually thought the series suddenly got too hot or too violent for TV, lol.
    Feb 20, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
    Lol @ Mako's mom just where the hell was she looking! Also that was an epic escape/disguise by Ryuuko's dad.
    Feb 20, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2008
    GOD DAMNIT RYUKO
    YOU MADE SENKETSU CRY
    JUST
    SCREW YOU.

;_;
    Feb 20, 2014 12:36 PM

Jan 2008
    Aichiro said:
    Lol @ Mako's mom just where the hell was she looking!

EXACTLY :D She was checking out Hidalgo's business all the time, oh God :D

Also Mako x Gamagoori, I'm 128% satisfied. AND NONON AS NUDIST. AND THE BUTLER STILL MAKES THE TEA. And Satsuki will kick their asses, how I love that gurl.
    Feb 20, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2011
    - *Fixed errors
    BRSxIgnitionFeb 20, 2014 12:46 PM
    Feb 20, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2010
    Great ep!

Didn't expect the one month time skip at the start. And having the elite 4 join Nudist Beach is awesome :D Loving their teamwork.

Seems like everyone can see Senketsu moving now but can't hear him. Lol'd at the scene he hugged Mako's mom XD And how she was staring at Mikizugi's shiny "thing" XD

Dat Ragyo raping Satsuki and spanking her was weird XD

Lol'd at how Isshin bent his back permanently like that XD

GamagoorixMako 100% canon XD They were flirting in the middle of battle and he was blushing XD He even promised her family to save her hahaha.

Ryuuko woke up totally PISSED!! Swiping the covers away like nothing. But she seems to have entered an emo phase again -.- Poor Senketsu. Gotta feel bad for him, caring about her that much just to be told GTFO :( I don't even get Ryuuko's logic for what she did. So what if she's a monster like him. Shouldn't that make her want to get even closer to him O_o???
    Hopefully her emo phase doesn't last more than an ep. And everything is good by the end of nxt ep.

Satsuki seems to have plans of her own and she doesn't really seem to be happy about Ryuuko being her sister hehe ^^;
    Feb 20, 2014 12:45 PM

Mar 2012
    Hate to be that guy, but gee, that wild guess I made in the Episode 18 thread about Matoi Isshin and Kiryuuin Souichirou being the same person turned out to be correct after all! I seem to recall someone being kinda condescending to me for having suggested that... Not gonna bother looking up who that was.

The Four Nudist Devas = win. Also loved the interactions between Gamagoori and the Mankanshokus.

Poor Satsuki... That toenail at the end though, looks like she's planning something again..

Damn that was harsh, Ryuuko! Can't blame her too hard though, with last episode's revelations her new-found self-loathing is fully understandable. Still, feeling really bad for Senketsu..
    Feb 20, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
    So, after watching this subbed, there are many points in this episode which are foreshadowing quite a bit.. I'm very, very excited, based on the below.

FORESHADOWING in KILL la KILL EP 19*
    *In order of utterance/happening in the episode.

"I have not given up on making tea for Satsuki-sama once again.." - Soroi

GIANT PILLAR (Of life fibers?) IN THE MIDDLE OF HONOUJI ACADEMY'S COURTYARD?

"Souichiro deceived me about a great many things." - Ragyo Kiryuuin

"Shinra-Koketsu." - Satsuki Kiryuuin
    "You knew of that, hm..?" - Ragyo Kiryuuin
    "I could put two-and-two together.." - Satsuki Kiryuuin
    "In that case, I suggest you get the rage in your heart seething! The deeper your rage, the more useful you are to me!" - Ragyo Kiryuuin

"Is Satsuki-chan doing well~?" - Harime Nui
    "Yes. She was dying to wear this outfit soon." - Ragyo Kiryuuin
    "Non~! She won't wear it! Satsuki-chan's gonna get eaten by it. By my masterpiece." - Harime Nui

"What about Ryuuko-chan~?" - Harime Nui
    "Ah, her. I've taken steps. Having two teenage daughters does keep once busy." - Ragyo Kiryuuin
    "Both of them have grown into fine young ladies, just like their mother!" - Harime Nui

"I can hardly wait to show this to them. This ultimate Kamui!" - Ragyo Kiryuuin

"Just looking at you pisses me off.. Because we're the same breed of monster... That's right! I'm not human! I'm just a Life Fiber Monster!" - Ryuuko Matoi/Kiryuuin

"Damn you Ragyo. You let me live in order to use me, is that it? But that is a miscalculation on your part. As long as there is a breath left in me, Satsuki Kiryuuin has a chance at victory!" - Satsuki Kiryuuin

Needless to say.. A lot of foreshadowing for future events. I especially love Satsuki's continued resolve, even at this, which is effectively the lowest point in her life so far. Ryuuko surprised me with her turning on Senketsu, but it's likely more because of her aversion to Life Fibers and the impact of those two revelations on her psyche. (Being Ragyo's daughter, and being made of Life Fibers)

Can't wait to see the next episode.
    Feb 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
    Next week can't come soon enough. KlK really makes my week, even despite having mountainous amounts of homework. Thanks Trigger!
    Powerful eyebrows.
    Feb 20, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2010
    Gamagoori x Mako was too much for me in one episode <3
    Feb 20, 2014 1:00 PM
    The Shrike

Nov 2009
    The second half of Kill la Kill has taken this series to a whole new level of awesome. I don't know where to start. Just breathtaking imagery with good drama and humour to boot. Best thing streaming out there no questions asked.

One thing I like about Trigger is how they're solidly democratic about fanservice. There's something for the ladies as well as the gents. Mako's mom staring at Hidalgo's package al the time was hilarious. I loved the Mako x Gamagoori moments too. They are surprisingly cute together although Mako is going to have to learn some serious femdom in order to keep him happy.

Ragyo spanking her daughter was...I don't know what to call that. Let's leave it at unusual. Ragyo is up for this years "Gendo Ikari Good Parenting Award".
    "Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 20, 2014 1:08 PM

Jun 2012
    Wow. I can't believe MakoXGamigori is actually a thing.

Also, anyone else notice Mako's mom was staring at Mikisugi's shining penis?
    Feb 20, 2014 1:11 PM
    Oct 2013
    Apparently "shin" refers to "God" and "ra" refers to clothing, so I assume the intended meaning is something along the lines of "God-robe" as with "Kamui". "Koketsu" means "jaws of death" or "tiger's den," and in Episode 17 Ryuuko said the would leap into the jaws of death and tear its throat out.
    Feb 20, 2014 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
    So we're basically only animating mouths and ass groping at this point? But I guess they really needed to blow the budget on a new OP...
    Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
    Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
    Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
    Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
    Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
    Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.