Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2014 10:13 AM

Aug 2013
wow that surprised me :3
Feb 20, 2014 10:17 AM

Jan 2014
solomon585858 said:
RioFoxx said:
solomon585858 said:
Still I think that Tsumugu deserves a woman who will love him from the bottom of her heart. And if Chisaki is gonna be stupid enough to cling to her crush then she can go to hell. She doesn't deserve Tsumugu.

I am afraid he can be the only one unhappy in the end. Tsumugu for me should leave the village and forget them and find a good woman.

First of all, she doesn't deserve Tsumugu? Seriously? What has Tsumugu done to be some character who deserves everything and then some, exactly? Oh, that's right, nothing. In fact, he's had the least screen development of nearly all the characters in the show, even ones who were gone half the second season, or frozen in time.

There is no reason Chisaki deserves to go to hell for loving someone else. Should Kaname go to hell for liking Chisaki over Sayu?

The series starts off Manaka aimed for Tsumugu, Hikari aimed for Manaka, and Chisaki aimed for Hikari, with Kaname aimed for Chisaki. Is Hikari hellbound because he really likes Manaka and doesn't like Chisaki instead? No, no he isn't. But when, suddenly, this Tsumugu guy, is involved, all of a sudden poor Chi-chan should be hellbound.

What the hell? These Tsumugu fans...

Exactly almost all characters can go to hell.

Seriously are you like 10 or what? did you ever loved anyone? I dont really get why people hate characters just because they love someone and can't return the feelings of the one who love them. If u really do have soo many issues with almost every character then u should stop watching Nagi no Asukara,
Feb 20, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2009
Manaka woke up. The funniest thing is that she woke up because Hikari and Miuna were arguing.
Feb 20, 2014 10:18 AM
Jan 2012
Ongaku008 said:

I´m not a fan of the TsumuguxManaka pairing, but I´m really excited to see what happens when they meet. I think the next episodes will revolve around misunderstandings and jealousy.

I want to hibernate till next week :D.

This episode just confirmed for me that TsumuguxManaka will not happen and maybe was never gonna happen since the beginning and it was the fact that Tsumugu refered to Manaka by her last name and I just realised that he never called her Manaka since the beginning I think, he does for Chisaki now but im not sure pre-time skip but the fact that he does made it more clear that he leans toward Chisaki, im still puzzling over when did he start
Feb 20, 2014 10:40 AM

Oct 2008
Boy! That ending! :D
Feb 20, 2014 10:43 AM
Aug 2011
I'm really confused over all the people who like Tsumugu. Why? The character is so absurdly bland that he makes oatmeal seem gourmet. The guy has zero personality asides from the fact that he seems to have had some kind of a tragic backstory involving his parents. It's implied that he bottles everything up and keeps all his thoughts to himself, but god damn...show some emotions outside of blatantly wanting Chisaki...
Feb 20, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
Senninn1 said:
I still dislike Tsumugu, i've disliked him since the beginning.
agreed, he's a douche.
Feb 20, 2014 10:53 AM

Apr 2012
wtf just happened lol
most anti-climatic wake up ever

Feb 20, 2014 10:58 AM
Feb 2014
Sourire said:
Senninn1 said:
agreed, he's a douche.

I think people need a deeper understanding of Tsugumu before calling him out as a douche or asshole. He's been an outsider to these four ever since they met him. It was very subtle and in his few lines of the show, it shows that he longs to be with the sea people and what it's like.

He respects the relationships of the 4 main characters, always on the sidelines. He has helped them in their own goals but never makes a move to be closer because for 1) He has emotion issues, as stated in Ep. 20 with Miuna (being envious of Hikari's passion) 2) He knows if he tries to make a move with Chisaki, it would change things dramatically with her and the others. He doesn't know what to do. He is afraid of losing her. But he can't really do anything since he's always on the side.

He has room for some development. He cares for everyone and helps them out. But his personality and his role in the show isn't as impacting as it could be like Miuna.

It's really easy to call him out because of what little lines, emotions and role he plays in this show. But in my perspective, he has his own internal issues himself. All of these characters are growing, as slowly or as fast as you might not like.
Feb 20, 2014 10:59 AM
Jan 2014
I'm glad to see manaka has finally woken up, now let the love drama commence!
Feb 20, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
ALL OUT NAGI NO SHIPPING WARS HAVE COMMENCED WITH MANAKA'S RETURN =O

Feb 20, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
Miuna is really amazing.
Happy that Manaka is awake (so obvious that she was going to wake up tho), but Hikari! dont give her all of your attention now.Miuna is still there D:
Now let the final drama chapter begin? (since theres only 6 episodes left, sadface)
@edit, its obviously 6 more episodes, i pressed 5 instead of 6, sorry :S
incompleteAEGISFeb 20, 2014 11:41 AM
Feb 20, 2014 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
Zeally said:
ALL OUT NAGI NO SHIPPING WARS HAVE COMMENCED WITH MANAKA'S RETURN =O

If and most probably Manaka likes Hikari then everything will start sorting out between other ships and if by any chance Manaka likes Tsumugu then it will be like hell for all the characters. anyways the most possible to happen ship is ChisakixTsumugu.

iLostReason said:
Miuna is really amazing imo.
Happy that Manaka is awake, but Hikari! dont give her all of your attention now.Miuna is still there D:
Now let the final drama chapter begin? (since theres only 5 episodes left, sadface)

5 episodes??? i thought Nagi no Asukara have 26 episodes?
Feb 20, 2014 11:07 AM
Jan 2014
Tsumugu meets Manaka maybe not in the next episode. he talks about it he Chisaki
for me this anime will end badly
Feb 20, 2014 11:07 AM
Jan 2014
*ending spoiler*

sea people will be back, and everyone is going back to the sea, "sad tsumugu moment" and suddenly chisaki will say she's going to stay with tsumugu. then they will be officially the only couple. hikari and manaka wont start dating yet, and kaname will still be eternally buttfucked (might suicide again after finding out tsumuguxchisaki). none cares about miuna and sayu so fuck so w/e.

Im pretty damn sure this will be the outcome, ill be damn suprissed if it ends in another way.
Feb 20, 2014 11:12 AM

Feb 2012
I am SO HAPPY that my Manaka bb has woken up! <3 I missed you!

This episode was great though. Absolutely loved the way she woke up-- very Manaka. I sense a lot of drama and trouble head--shipping wise and Shioshishio. I loved Tsumugu and Miuna's scene too. I'm slowly warming up to Miuna!

I will probs always ship Tsumugu x Manaka but I see very little to pretty much absolute zero chance of this happening. I was hoping Manaka would have maybe aged but I guess not. And clearly Tsumugu has feelings for Manaka and I really don't think Manaka would try to get in the way with that as it did look like her feelings for Hikari have developed more. However, I don't see Chisaki pursuing Tsumugu either unless it is just a fallback because Hikari doesn't work out.

I wonder what will happen though, because they took Manaka out of the sea? They were kind of foreshadowing a lot and I sense that it will not be good. Maybe Manaka will have to be sacrificed or Miuna, my guess.

As far as ships go, I don't mind these happening.
Tsumugu x Manaka (ok i know sorry)
Kaname x Sayu (actually really like this!)
Hikari x Miuna

I don't really care any way so long as Tsumugu x Chisaki don't end up a couple although they probably will ugh.
Feb 20, 2014 11:24 AM
Sep 2012
kokorochan- said:
I don't really care any way so long as Tsumugu x Chisaki don't end up a couple although they probably will ugh.

This.
Feb 20, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
There's nothing to like about Tsumugu but there also is nothing to hate about him either. He's such a stale character. Being introverted is not an excuse. I mean the writers should at least give him monologues to develop him.

Feb 20, 2014 11:34 AM
May 2013
I'm So Happy That Manaka is Awake !!
I thought That Hikari will kiss Manaka QAQ
Feb 20, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2010
Well damn that was anti climactic
Feb 20, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2013
Saskura said:
Sourire said:
Senninn1 said:
agreed, he's a douche.

I think people need a deeper understanding of Tsugumu before calling him out as a douche or asshole. He's been an outsider to these four ever since they met him. It was very subtle and in his few lines of the show, it shows that he longs to be with the sea people and what it's like.

He respects the relationships of the 4 main characters, always on the sidelines. He has helped them in their own goals but never makes a move to be closer because for 1) He has emotion issues, as stated in Ep. 20 with Miuna (being envious of Hikari's passion) 2) He knows if he tries to make a move with Chisaki, it would change things dramatically with her and the others. He doesn't know what to do. He is afraid of losing her. But he can't really do anything since he's always on the side.

He has room for some development. He cares for everyone and helps them out. But his personality and his role in the show isn't as impacting as it could be like Miuna.

It's really easy to call him out because of what little lines, emotions and role he plays in this show. But in my perspective, he has his own internal issues himself. All of these characters are growing, as slowly or as fast as you might not like.

THIS^
I think ep 20 really showed that he knows that other people see him as a stoic person and that he really wants to show emotions, but can´t do it because of his internal problems. I think the last two episodes showed that there´s more behind his character and I would really like to know what happened in his past.
Furthermore people shouldn´t forget that he grew up with his grandfather. I think his personality is similar to his grandfathers personality.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Feb 20, 2014 11:43 AM
Jan 2014
Sourire said:
Senninn1 said:
agreed, he's a douche.

since second season, I am getting to like Tsumugu more and more

Jul 2010
Sourire said:
Senninn1 said:
agreed, he's a douche.

Agreed x100

May 2009
Yaaay, she woke up! :D
Feb 20, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
Whoa!!! Our sleeping beauty woke up :D
Feb 20, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
Manaka :(
Hikari hasn't been feeling like himself
LOL'ed at the end there
Miuna's request for a kiss and clearing up part of the misunderstanding up telling him to kiss Manaka.
Miuna and Hikari get into a small fight then Manaka WAKES UP! Wooo!
Welcomee back! :D
I'm kinda curious to see how Manaka will react when she sees Tsumugu now.
Feb 20, 2014 12:10 PM

May 2013
Wow. they did a brilliant job of catching me by surprise. absolutely did not expect Manaka to wake up in the middle of that conversation. So excited to see what happens next! But I also feel like things aren't gonna go to well in terms of Manakas future... I feel like they will get us attached to her in the next 5 episodes building up to a tear jerker for a final episode where she has to go back to the sea or the world will freeze.
Feb 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Sep 2011
I think all this Tsumugu x Manaka talk is really funny. That ship is NEVER going to float. There is no evidence AT ALL that Tsumugu ever had feelings for Manaka. Unlike the rest of the class who saw the sea kids as freaks he was genuinely interested in them due to his grandfather and so went out of his way to help them out. That lead to Manaka developing a crush on him, and IMHO that all it was .. a crush. Up until that point I don't think she had thought about 'love', she was just busy being a crybaby and relying on her friends. However along with Hikari she grew up an awful lot in that first half.

Tsumugu is just an introvert, and some people find that type of character annoying, or more to the point they don't understand them. You have to watch them more to see what they are thinking as they don't give out their feelings easily. I think he always felt he was an outsider, both to the land people and the sea people. That doesn't make him a bad character, just one that is hard to read.
Feb 20, 2014 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, exactly ^^^^^.

This is still my favourite show, and I am so happy Manaka is awake. I can't wait to see what the rest of the series has in store.

I have a hunch it's going to be tragic though. The sea god takes her back, or even Miuna like some people speculated.. it can't end well.
Feb 20, 2014 12:46 PM

Mar 2012
WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MANAKA WOKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent episode as always. Nagi no Asukara, DAISUKI! <3
Feb 20, 2014 12:51 PM

Nov 2012
Manaka okaeriiiii!!!
Feb 20, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
MANAKA!!!! <3
Feb 20, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2012
Am I the only one that feels, Manaka did wake up because of Hikari's strong feelings at the end there? I mean that little argument and how Hikari was feeling about kissing her is what I feel is caused Manaka to wake up
Feb 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
Oh I'm kind of glad they didn't go with the stereotypical Snow White scenario but I wouldn't have opposed it either. Her awakening was so kawaii and it lets us remember why we grew to love Manaka. God I've missed that "Hii-Kun!", welcome back Manaka!
Feb 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2010
That was probably the perfect way for Manaka to wake up...her character has always been that way. When she said "Hii-kun" it took me a second to recognize the voice since its been like...2 months or so since we've heard it but unmistakably ManaKana. Lol at that face she makes at the end. Totally thought the show was ending when we got the shot outside of the house but it turns out we got trolled.

Pretty excited to have Manaka back in the cast, though I admit I didn't like her character at the start and thought Chisaki was the better fit for Hikari. However the show has really been super serious the whole time she's been out with very few happy moments so I'm looking forward to seeing the show brighten up a bit now that Manaka's back.

This last part of the series will be interesting, this show has so much buildup and zero explanation about Shioshishio, Lord Uroko and the whole sea people backstory, I just hope it delivers on all this potential and gives us an explanation. Could easily be one of the best anime dramas if it does.
Feb 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2014
Manaka, hoe I've been waiting too long. Although as another has stated, shitting is going all to well. I smell that the butt-hurt-fish-god is going to deliver some intense butt-fucking in the close future.
Feb 20, 2014 1:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The things Tsumugu said in this episode in the scene with Miuna hit home. We finally get to understand him more, and especially the way he spoke about the Shioshishio kids. You can see that he's never really felt like he's been part of the group either. Not only is he envious of them being close to the sea that he's longed for, but also of the way they are able to express their emotions. I can see why people may not like Tsumugu or think that he's nothing special, but I think maybe that's the point? That he's supposed to seem nothing special, and how he has little dialogue is supposed to reflect how other people in the show may see him as, just someone quiet and hard to understand.

Anyways, the part where Chisaki came up and then Kaname and Hikari were mesmerized by her beauty(?) was cute ^^ and I love the way Manaka woke up. She woke up to seeing the hilarious she's known, loud and a bit rude. Looks like next episode is a lot fun, though I'm a bit worried about how the sea's temperature seems to be dropping...I guess they're going to stop looking for Uroko-sama?
Feb 20, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
EMChamp said:
That was probably the perfect way for Manaka to wake up...her character has always been that way. When she said "Hii-kun" it took me a second to recognize the voice since its been like...2 months or so since we've heard it but unmistakably ManaKana. Lol at that face she makes at the end. Totally thought the show was ending when we got the shot outside of the house but it turns out we got trolled.

Pretty excited to have Manaka back in the cast, though I admit I didn't like her character at the start and thought Chisaki was the better fit for Hikari. However the show has really been super serious the whole time she's been out with very few happy moments so I'm looking forward to seeing the show brighten up a bit now that Manaka's back.

This last part of the series will be interesting, this show has so much buildup and zero explanation about Shioshishio, Lord Uroko and the whole sea people backstory, I just hope it delivers on all this potential and gives us an explanation. Could easily be one of the best anime dramas if it does.

Exactly, I hope it wipl deliver but someome is going to be left with the short end of the stick inevitably whether it be Miuna or Chisaki, because I don't see the Tsumugu X Chisaki working just because her love for Hikari will always be there, she may accept him but NEVER to the point of how she feels for Hikari.
Feb 20, 2014 1:08 PM

Dec 2008
Well, that was quite the anti-climatic wake-up. I was expecting something a little more...I don't know...dramatic and attention grabbing.

Everybody's awake now. So, what's next?

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 20, 2014 1:28 PM

Dec 2011
Holy shit Manaka, right on time!
Feb 20, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2012
Didn't expect Manaka to wake up in the most stupidest way possible, but I'm still enjoying this. Haven't been this glued to a romance anime in quite a while. I feel like I can already see how tragic the ending is going to be though

Feb 20, 2014 1:49 PM

Jun 2013
This was a really fantastic episode, some might say it was melodramatic but i thought tje drama here was brillant and im happy that Manaka is back. :)
Feb 20, 2014 1:50 PM

Feb 2014
The drama is coming hahaha
Manaka you're back! welcome!! xDD
~ Please My God tell Me what should I do ~
Feb 20, 2014 1:55 PM
Apr 2013
.....I have mixed feelings about this
Feb 20, 2014 1:56 PM
Jun 2008
this show is so fucking weak.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Feb 20, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't expect that o_o
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 20, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2011
10th_man_down said:
Sourire said:
Senninn1 said:
agreed, he's a douche.

Agreed x100

Tsumugu is literally the complete opposite of a douche, if we take the meaning as an obnoxious/detestable man... and really, he's neither. Others have pointed out why Tsumugu's an A+ guy though so I'm not going to go into too much detail.

This episode was very well executed. I really like how Manaka ended up waking up; I thought for sure Hikari would kiss her awake and all that cliched stuff, but she woke up in her own way and that touch was great. I also quite loved the scene with Miuna and Tsumugu; how he admits that he's so hard to understand. He just isn't able to show emotion as well as the others and he envies that. He is probably the only one truly separated from the rest, but he cares about all of them equally. I really feel for him, actually. He's one of the main characters, but not really a 'main' character, if you know what I mean. He's just always been trying to support everyone and while casting aside his own feelings for the sake of the others (like he does with Chisaki).

As for the shipping, I really want it to end up with Hikari and Manaka. Honestly, I just can't imagine Hikari turning his feelings into love within the next six episodes to someone he's never really viewed as on the... same level as him, I guess? Miuna was always a child to him, is the best way I can put it. He's her step uncle. And his feelings for Manaka are so much greater, I really can't see it happening any other way. Of course, Hikari's only 19 (since in real time five years have passed and all, and so yes, he's 19) and they still have time and all that but I can't really see an ending any other way. I'm fine with Hikari and Miuna too though. I originally wanted Chisaki and Kaname to end up together, but to be honest Chisaki's situation is so complicated. I think the best chance there is is her ending up with Tsumugu, and Kaname ending up with Saya; which seems like it's the most plausible option, here. NagiAsu has been pretty unpredictable (at least, for me) so far, so idk we'll see.
Feb 20, 2014 2:26 PM
Jan 2014
this time the god of the sea will flood lands.
what will be the reaction of Manaka
tsugumu to see?
Feb 20, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2008
Miuna is so cute~ pretending to be sick.
Dat Manaka plot twist... I was actually expecting Manaka to keep sleeping forever (not that I hope for it).
Feb 20, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2011
Manaka woke up. My goodness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.