Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2014 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
removed-userFeb 26, 2018 8:04 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2014 7:21 PM

Jan 2014
My first thought was that you were referring to World War II... :P

If you mean the Energy Ministry rioting/protest, yeah, it's a mess.

Ultimately there are some people in the world who aren't ready to govern themselves, but when you forcefully take away a people's right to self-governance when they are capable of it... a mess.
Feb 19, 2014 10:38 PM

Aug 2008
Maybe the Ukraine is better of merging back with Russia...
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Feb 19, 2014 10:43 PM

Jun 2008
Was gonna make a thread on it. At least link some news articles in that opening post. ;/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26252679
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26267220

Pretty much the Western world and their own citizenry protests for Ukraine to be with EU (in terms of certain trade/land agreements, while the President of Ukraine wants to go back to Russia. Considering how bad Soviet Union treated Ukraine before their fall, it obviously gives the vibe the President seems to be a puppet for Russia. Meh. Who knows.
Feb 20, 2014 1:44 AM

Sep 2013
I read about it on some white nationalist website claiming that Jews are behind the riots in the Ukraine. Funny shit.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Feb 20, 2014 1:53 AM
Jun 2013
basically a war zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpM3kwkTRL8#t=123
lapsapiveFeb 20, 2014 1:58 AM
Feb 20, 2014 5:55 AM

Nov 2012
Again international instruments prove they are worthless, Ukraine should split between west and east otherwise there won't be peace in future.

And Russia just piss me off, they want to be the badass of the globe.
Feb 20, 2014 6:32 AM

Sep 2008
Tachii said:

Pretty much the Western world and their own citizenry protests for Ukraine to be with EU (in terms of certain trade/land agreements, while the President of Ukraine wants to go back to Russia. Considering how bad Soviet Union treated Ukraine before their fall, it obviously gives the vibe the President seems to be a puppet for Russia. Meh. Who knows.

lol wut

Neither the Ukrainian president knows what he wants nor he is anyone's puppet. He's just a gutless and spineless buffoon, plain and simple. He thought he could strike that agreement with EU, but when he learned the terms he realized it would leave Ukraine's economy in shambles (not like it isn't already, but agreeing to EU demands of industry reorganization would've required about a million people to lose their jobs) so he tried to back off and beg Russia for money instead, which pissed off Ukrainian nationalists. And now he's just sitting there doing nothing, probably thinking that everything would solve itself automatically. He missed the moment when the situation could've been resolved peacefully, so now he has two options left: either step down, or bring in the army. I'm personally in favor of the latter, but something tells me he lacks the backbone to do that, so I bet on him stepping down in a week time.
Feb 20, 2014 7:13 AM

Jun 2008
Just paraphrasing what I heard from the news. :x
Feb 20, 2014 9:10 AM
Mar 2012
I don't think you can put all of the blame on the president of the Ukraine, although he should have been a lot more decisive by trying to stop the demonstrations by putting them down with brute force then or by immediately listening to the requests of the opposition. He let nature run its course and now Europe has its own taste of the Arab Spring.

I hope the opposition leader, the guy who was a former boxer (his name escapes me atm) falls of the political scene together with the current president as well.
Feb 20, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
I've been following this conflict closely, and I just watched the videos of unarmed protesters being shot by snipers. That's sickening.
Feb 20, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2008
Moog- said:
I've been following this conflict closely, and I just watched the videos of unarmed protesters being shot by snipers. That's sickening.

Those "unarmed protesters" have already killed 26 policemen, and captured and tortured over 30, piercing their eyeballs, cutting them and so on. Unarmed protesters my ass. That's a mob of nazis armed to the teeth.

Karpman said:

I hope the opposition leader, the guy who was a former boxer (his name escapes me atm) falls of the political scene together with the current president as well.

Nah, he's not the leader. He started the whole thing but he can't control the mob anymore. The real leader now is some neonazi guy Dmitro Yarosh.
seishi-samaFeb 20, 2014 11:41 AM
Feb 20, 2014 12:36 PM

Sep 2007
seishi-sama said:
Moog- said:

Those "unarmed protesters" have already killed 26 policemen, and captured and tortured over 30, piercing their eyeballs, cutting them and so on. Unarmed protesters my ass. That's a mob of nazis armed to the teeth.

Where are the sources on this? It's the first time I've heard of this torture. I've read that they've captured policemen in the latest clash but nothing of torture.
Feb 20, 2014 4:30 PM

Nov 2012
I'm really interested and would like to know exactly what's going on, but it's hard to find not sensationalists, not one sided news on the events.
Feb 20, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
seishi-sama said:
Moog- said:

Where are the sources on this? It's the first time I've heard of this torture. I've read that they've captured policemen in the latest clash but nothing of torture.
Sounds like Russian propaganda. News here (in Canada) says both sides had people dead.
Feb 21, 2014 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
Both sides have had people die. Though the protestors mostly from the west and of neo nazi stock have did incidents of torture, and one case of a officer being crucified. Xinhua coverd that if a russian news source is too questionable for you.

Regardless as it stands now Ukraine has Three options. Eventual Civilwar, as half the country is Ethenic Russians, and whos land was untill the 60's part of Russia untill Kruschev signed it over as a sign of good faith (keep in mind he himself was from the region and no one figured the USSR would split).

Two Split the country allow the western half to go to the EU, provided the EU even lets them, given some of its member states don't want anymore eastern Europeans crossing over. The Eastern half is given back to Russia, say in exchange for handeling the finacing of keeping Chernobly secured, and discounts on fuel.

Three, The Country discards both the EU and Russia and turns to a third alternative with not stake in the Region. Most noteablly China.
Feb 23, 2014 12:25 AM

Aug 2008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulia_Tymoshenko

At least, she's free now. :D
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Feb 23, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2012
I wish they weren't so quick to revoke the language law though. It doesn't only affect the Russian population either.
To be fair, they promised a new one. We will see. For now it's good enough, if things finally settle down.

I'm rather curious how the elections will turn out in May.
Feb 23, 2014 2:05 PM

Sep 2011
Shit's crazy

Shiratori99 said:
I read about it on some white nationalist website claiming that Jews are behind the riots in the Ukraine. Funny shit.
The Jews are behind everything.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Feb 23, 2014 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
Kana2Chan said:
Shit's crazy

Shiratori99 said:

Apparently.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Feb 23, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2012
Shiratori99 said:
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Feb 23, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
Kana2Chan said:
Shit's crazy

Everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
The Art of Eight
Feb 24, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2008
Ukraine arrest warrant for fugitive Viktor Yanukovych

Looming debt crisis

The protests first began in late November when Mr Yanukovych rejected a landmark association and trade deal with the EU in favour of closer ties with Russia.

The health ministry says 88 people, mostly anti-Yanukovych protesters but also police, are now known to have been killed in last week's clashes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26320004

So, that is the real hub-bub to this whole thing.

Feb 24, 2014 6:25 AM

Jan 2013
Leave it to the BBC to call a bullshit trade deal a "landmark"

The European "deal" was for substantually less funds than the Russian offer, and with far more strings attachted.

Also http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/22/us-ukraine-crisis-regions-idUSBREA1L0KH20140222 The Acting government overstepped its bounds.

"Leaders of mainly Russian-speaking regions of eastern Ukraine that are loyal to President Viktor Yanukovich challenged the legitimacy of the national parliament on Saturday and said they were taking control of their territories."

Minus other things from that artical, on Russian sourced sites, some pro Russian Militia's in the east are mobelizing, and the Cossacks whom are known as the cowboys and possibilly the judge dreads of the East have been crossing the russian border to link up with other cossacks in the area to help "insure the peace and security of the Russian peoples historical lands."

I think a split or war is all but assured this time.

Also the US, Canada and parts of the EU are threatening Russia, who seems to be mobelizing in the region, with the Black Sea Fleet of most note being urged by Russian Ukranians to support them in their hour of need.

Bit of a update.

The acting govenment has shot its self in the foot, by demanding that the Eastern and Southern Half stops using Russian, and remove all signs in Russian and ends there autonomous region. Govenment MP's in those regions have responded by encouraged the recruitment of militias, the securing of Army Depots, and elmenets of what apperas to be the Black Sea Fleet, or at least Ukrianian Naval units, have been spotted with the militia forces. Also a mommument to Soviet losses against the Nazi's was torn down, and Western alligned protestors who attempted entering the Eastern Zones to destory communist era sites, have been met with force. There will be no such thing as a "united Ukraine" or peace talks now. The Kiev Government has really screwed its self this time. More so given the Bulk of the Army is in the Eastern half, and mostly comprised of Russian Ukrainians.

And before some ignorant poster goes "well they can just leave Ukraine." Those lands they live in have been Russian lands for 900 years. only in 1956 were those sections signed to the Ukraine in exchange for lands that were given to Poland. Russia for all intents and purposes can take back what is historically and ethnically its own. The Statue is of note as it only enforced the view that the Pro-western protestors are infact neo-facists. Together, pro-Russian Ukrainian officials and the Russian delegation passed a resolution denouncing the revolutionary leaders as “extremists and terrorists.” As a result. And the afforned mentioned Militia's have drawn a line in the sand so to speak.
RedArmyShogunFeb 24, 2014 7:13 AM
Feb 24, 2014 9:24 AM

Sep 2007
This is going to either end up in a peaceful splitting of Ukraine or a civil war is about to blow up. No way in hell is Russia going to let go of Crimea.
Feb 24, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2011
Just make Bohemia to the left and let Russia annex the east.
Feb 26, 2014 7:03 PM
Feb 27, 2014 12:55 AM

Sep 2008
Tachii said:
Russia mobilizing troops near Ukraine border.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/27/world/europe/russia.html?hpw&rref=world&_r=0

:|

Well, that's only natural. About one third of total Ukrainian population are ethnic Russian (and in Eastern and Southern Ukraine about 80% of population are Russian), and over 50% of Ukrainian citizen consider Russian language their primary, so of course we're worried about Russian people there. Better be safe than sorry, especially when ultra-right nationalists are seizing the power, and the first thing they do is ban Russian language, raid the houses of ethnic Russian officials and destroy monuments of Russian and Soviet origin.

But oh well, I won't deny it was partly our own fault for supporting Yanukovich (who is a total idiot and a joke of a president as I already stated earlier in this thread). Should've supported Tymoshenko instead, the woman is clever (and plays good mahjong according to Japanese manga) but unfortunately, at the moment she basically owes her release to the nazis so there's no guarantee she'll be running for president now, and no guarantee she won't have to comply with the aforementioned nazis demands if she indeed will be running for president.

Honestly, Yanukovich totally fucked it up. If he resigned right when the protests have first started, the nazis wouldn't have time to seize control of the protest movement and everything would've been fine (most probably). But no, he waited until the shit hit the fan, the protesters got weapons and killed about 60 policemen, then finally ordered the police to fight back, then resigned, apparently after being promised safety, shelter and a place to keep his money in United Arab Emirates or Kuwait.
Feb 27, 2014 6:50 AM

Jan 2013
Things are going to get messy unless the Neo Nazi's and their polish allies back down. The poles have a irrational haterd for all things Russian and German. Well unless its something they can steal.

Pro Russian Militant Gunmen 3 hours ago ceased control of government buildings across eastern and southern Ukraine, often at the welcoming of the MP officals and local police and military units, at some locations Russian flags have been raised.

And There are scatterd reports that the Black Sea Fleet has deployed its Marines into the City of Sevastopol where locals have set up blockaids against the Ukraine Government (In Kiev). And the Mayor and Govener of the Region have been sending pleas out to the Black Sea forces at a regular bases begging them to protect them.

Yanukovich should have stepped down I agree, but the speed at which this all happend, I think has little to do with the EU and more to do with the freashly printed US dollars that have turned up in the region, its just the type of thing those idiots in the American CIA would do. Just like they made allies with the Taliban in Soviet times, or attempted to do in Syria.

I mean is it not odd, that the uprisings started after Yanukovich got massive loan pledges from the Russians and even more from the Chinese? Who would be unhappy with this?
RedArmyShogunFeb 27, 2014 8:51 AM
Feb 27, 2014 7:57 AM
Jan 2014
This wont be solved easily now.

Why cant we have another gandhi, change can come peacefully too.

But I guess humans are too stupid to learn from history.
Feb 27, 2014 1:49 PM

Aug 2008
Armed men seized the regional government headquarters and parliament on Ukraine's Crimea peninsula on Thursday and raised the Russian flag.

The development came as the Kremlin raised the stakes in the situation by ordering its combat aircraft around Ukraine on to a heightened state of alert.

Ukraine's new leader said the country would regard any movements by Russian military in Crimea outside the Russian Black Sea fleet's base in Sevastopol as an act of aggression.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10664381/Ukraine-crisis-Russian-flag-raised-in-Crimea-as-gunmen-storm-parliament.html

Russian land grab.

Feb 27, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm there has been a release just now from Anonymous Ukraine that Exposes a Neo Nazi connection, and backing from the EU, US Intel Officals, and most surprisingly...or maybe not, Turkey.

If those releases prove true, well Russia has all the pretext to enter the Ukraine it needs, as thats a clear violation of not only the 1994 Treaty, but of several as Far back as the days of the Czars.
RedArmyShogunFeb 27, 2014 2:37 PM
Feb 28, 2014 4:34 AM

Aug 2008
“After discussions with the Ukrainian Football Federation, we have decided not to play in Ukraine on March 5 and are planning to move the match to a city in Cyprus. We are in the final stages of discussions with Ukraine and the Cyprus Football Association to determine the location and kickoff time. We hope to have confirmation on all the match details by Wednesday.”

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/mens-national-team/2014/02/140225-mnt-ukraine.aspx

In light of everything, good thing that they moved this game away.

Feb 28, 2014 4:44 AM

Jan 2011

And? What's the US going to about it? Not a damm thing it's like Russia telling the US to stop fucking with Mexico.
Feb 28, 2014 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
WORLD WAR 3!
HIDE YO WIFE, HIDE YO KIDS!
Feb 28, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2008
Sourire said:
WORLD WAR 3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Ak9NndEK0

Not yet; and hold your horses. If Russia does move in, the West will sit by and watch.

Mar 1, 2014 7:25 AM

Jul 2012
This is actually escalating toward civil war quite quickly.

Half the country identifies with Russia, half wants to go with the west.

Russia has vested interest in Ukraine as its an important border and contains an important Russian military base. Russia mobilized and readied 150,000 troups and 900 tanks along the border of Ukraine.

The US and Europe are both trying to shift the balance of power toward the pro-eu side of Ukraine.

Now the leader of the pro-russian Ukrainians is pleading for military support from Russia.

Our Idiot in Chief is spouting his bullshit.

This is Cold War shit here.
Mar 1, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
The Cold war never ended. Only took a pause. The EU or more likely the US miscalculated. Russia knows to give up the Ukraine is to give up on ever being a major power. As if the black sea goes, so does its ability to keep influence in the mid-east, and all points outside the Med. And the EU won't place sanctions on Russia. The US will I'm sure, it has little trade in Russia. But Germany will not. It needs Russian Oil and Russian Gas. Nor will any of the BRICKs, unless American wants to go to War, the game is solidly in Russian Hands.

I mean Russia invading will make it look strong in the East, villfied in the West. But what else is new?
RedArmyShogunMar 1, 2014 8:31 AM
Mar 1, 2014 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
Double Post,

The Russian parliament unanimously voted one hour ago to grant President Vladimir Putin permission to mobilize the country's military in Ukraine after recent events and attacks on ethnic Russians, and asked that the country's ambassador in Washington be recalled after earlier statements by President Obama.

War is all but a matter of hours away now. Will it stop in the Eastern Zone, or go all the way to the border of Moldova.
RedArmyShogunMar 1, 2014 8:39 AM
Mar 1, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2012
Was just coming to post that.

Seems the shit is headed toward the fan.

Then again bummer is not going to stand buy his words, and the EU doesn't have the balls either.
_MystMar 1, 2014 8:47 AM
Mar 1, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
Still somewhat baffled that they would do this after hosting the Winter Olympics. Sort of parallels Nazi Germany hosting the Summer Olympics in 1936.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Mar 1, 2014 11:31 AM

Sep 2008
1L0can0 said:
Still somewhat baffled that they would do this after hosting the Winter Olympics. Sort of parallels Nazi Germany hosting the Summer Olympics in 1936.

Who's Nazi here?

The leader of Ukrainian nazis Yarosh is now openly asking Chechen terrorists to join the forces against Russia.
http://rt.com/news/yarosh-nationalist-address-umarov-380/

The message itself (in Russian) (update: the account has been banned according to anti-terrorism law, but the screenshot of the message is still available at the RT link above)
https://vk.com/wall-62043361_105232

So yeah, West, are you going to support people who ally themselves with terrorists once again?
seishi-samaMar 1, 2014 2:46 PM
Mar 1, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2012
seishi-sama said:

So yeah, West, are you going to support people who ally themselves with terrorists once again?

The United States loves to fund terrorists.
Mar 1, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
Well, one good thing is that Obama's inane "reset" policy with Russia has failed so spectacularly that it will probably end up tarnishing the Democrats with being naive and weak on foreign policy for another 50 years.

Welcome back, Soviet Union! We've missed you!
Let's go bowling.
Mar 1, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know what the EU and US was thinking, that Russia would just allow yet one more former Region to fall and to permantly isolate its self.
Mar 1, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
seishi-sama said:
1L0can0 said:

Who's Nazi here?

The leader of Ukrainian nazis Yarosh is now openly asking Chechen terrorists to join the forces against Russia.

The message itself (in Russian)

Obama should hold steadfast at just watching this thing unfold and see how this plays out.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Mar 1, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2008
The west will defend democracy!!!!!!!!11111@@@22
Mar 1, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
seishi-sama said:

Who's Nazi here?

The message itself (in Russian)

The Western Media has been hiding that fact among others. The Russian Response is fully justified.
Mar 1, 2014 2:51 PM
Mar 2012
I feel like the rights of the civilians and what Ukraine wants is becoming semantics to Putin protecting his precious gas and the EU are trying to make a deal with Ukraine taking the gas.

Either way, I heard 70% of the Ukrainians are behind Russia, and I theorise that the majority of the inhabitants of Kiev, where it all began is more EU-centered, which is why it was able to escalate this far.

At this point they should try their hardest to create stability in the country. Both sides have shown horrible things to the other and it doesn't help that tension is rising between the EU and Russia.
Mar 1, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2007
Well looks like NATO's been called up for a meeting. Let's see who gets to wear the blue hats should they decide to intervene.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.