Forum Settings
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 19, 2014 6:52 PM

Sep 2012
I'm curious to know what everyone thinks about it.

I have plenty, but these are what I can remember at the moment. For those of you who have not completed the manga, this list may be filled with major spoilers.

Favorites/memorable moments:
1. Yuki's past: everything about it is extremely sad, but the cherry on top is when little-Kyo adds to his pain. :'(
2.When Kyo realizes he loves Tohru, and can't handle Akito belittling her name.
3. Yuki's last words to Tohru: I thought the manga-ka made the right choice to give Yuki some spotlight before the manga ended. Yuki managed to sum up everyone's feelings toward Tohru.
4. Hana's past.
5. The Cinderella story: it is extremely funny :D
6. When Momiji's curse is broken, and he goes to say goodbye to Akito.
7. When Yuki punches Kyo, and they both finally admit that they're jealous of each other.
8. When Kakeru manages to convince his girlfriend that Yuki is a girl forced to dress up as a boy xD

Least favorite (i.e. hated moments):
1. Most of the later scenes with Akito and Shigure
2. Ren: her back story with Shigure.
3. How the whole mood/atmosphere of the manga changed so quickly after Rin was introduced to Tohru.
Feb 25, 2014 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
it´s been some time since i read furuba the last time, but from what i can remember at the moment

my favorites are
1. momiji telling the story of this lonely guy who gives everything he possibly can to others without expecting anything back. it resembles my favorite fairy tail and i found the furuba version extremely cute and touching :)
2. ritsu offering kyo his milk *after* he poured it over his cornflakes. i laughed so hard xD
3. kyo´s past
4. kyo and thoru becoming a couple <3 :'3
5. kakeru showing up the first time. i loved him immediately!
6. uotani's past. she is so strong

least favorites
1. Hana's past. i don´t know why, but i haven't been so much interested when i read it :S

(btw, sry for any grammar mistakes)
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Feb 4, 2016 2:46 PM
Feb 2016
1.when Yuki expresses his feelings towards Tohru for the first time.
2.When shigure sings, "high school girls"
3.When Kyo talks about the onigiri battle
4.when Tohru is in the haunted house
5.Yukis surprised faces
Feb 4, 2016 2:48 PM
Feb 2016
And when ritsu offered kyo the milk after he poured it on his cornflakes
Nov 25, 2016 4:21 AM

Oct 2011
my favorites:

- when Tohru make that weird analogy about onigiris and the plums in its back being like people's qualities... she say to Kyo that, even if he couldn't, she see a plum at his back... and so, he said that he can see too.. in her back, there's a plum too...(although, I don't know if is "plum" in the english version... is that how they translated here)

- Uotani's past... so touching... I think was really interesting too, because, my first impression was that, Uotani being friends with Tohru, was just for the comedy of the situation (a 100% good girl, friend of a delinquent).

- Momiji's past... when he told to Tohru about his mother and how her decided to forget about him... was touching. And he was so mature and strong about it... even the situation being so sad, he hold in the thought that he helped his mother to get better...

- Kyoko's past... is interesting how most of her advices (that Tohru mention in the story), are based in her own experiences... (instead of character building... it's not like Kyoko have good advices just because she is the "wise mother"... in her story, we can see that is really because her experience).

- when Momiji's curse is broken... I love the scene when he encounter his mother... at same time that he realize that, even without the curse, there's no way of recover what he lost, he realize that he's free... can't return to his family, but now is free to create his own future...
Mar 24, 2017 6:39 AM
Mar 2017
Here's a favourite:
Chapter 111, when Momiji told Kyo not to give up, or another guy might steal Tohru. And then Kyo was shocked about how obvious his crush was.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 7 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Jan 26, 2009

6 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 136 Discussion

crimsoncryst - Feb 2, 2011

22 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 28, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 131 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 20, 2023

3 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 95 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 18, 2023

4 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 8:43 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 135 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 20, 2023

2 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 6:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.