Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2009 5:45 AM

Dec 2008
Nice bike.
Aug 20, 2009 5:45 AM

Aug 2008
Loli is not loli anymore?... my list of complains just got shorter (but i still wanted her dead in explosion).
Aug 20, 2009 7:01 AM
Aug 2009
Nayrael said:
Wait. Cal isn't a Loli anymore??? Damn that! What happen to her?

As time passes, people grow up.

very true..but Cal was jsut a loli! She can't turn into a full adult in 2 years>< can she?
I think Scythe Master did sumthin to her..Injected some fast growing taller thing><
Aug 20, 2009 7:04 AM

Jul 2008
Actually, they can. I saw people in real life grow up more in one year. While she does look a bit too old for a 16-year old kid, there are a lot of girls who look older then they are.

Also, this is nothing. Ellen looked like she does now when she was 13. Now THATS a jailbite.
Aug 20, 2009 7:11 AM

Jan 2009
Cal had like giant breasts lol and a lot more cold hearted it seems.
Aug 20, 2009 7:13 AM
Aug 2009
i SERIOUSLY.... FEEL LIKE DYING FROM ALL SORT OF EXCITEMENT AND SURPRISES!!!
OMGAWD
MY CAL! WHAT IN THE WORLD DID THAT DAYM Scythe Master do to my cal?!!!
Scythe must have used his drugs on Cal and make her grow and be a full adult! >"| *STRANGLES SCYTHE*
DAMN IT!!!! I LOVE CAL, REIJI, ELEN...ALL THREE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!
This is a really surprising twist.sort of as i did not watch ep 19*cus i thought it is a review><*
Cal, i believe in her, she won't kill them....but the way that Cal said something like "hello, Old Phantom"? I THINK she is referring to Elen. As we all see Cal loves Reiji, though he broke his promise, she still loves him..
"S but Elen and Fujieda might be in trouble "S
!!!!!!!!!Next Ep >[]<!!!!!!
Aug 20, 2009 7:57 AM

Jan 2008
!@#ing Finally! This is ...Sparta!!! Ok no, it's actually just the episode that I was waiting for. Loved every bit of it: the new op & ed, the Japan arc, Elen's longer hair, the gravely misinformed yet very attractive Cal aging about 10 years in 2 (which makes her really hot now), and......slice of life high school drama? Sure, why not? By far this is my favourite episode out of the whole series unless even better ones come out from here on.

I doubt Reiji's real parents are dead...how can he even face them after he disappears for 1 to 3 years, accidentally gets involved in crime thus becoming an assassin to survive, just to come home a pro killer along with his sweetheart who's also a pro killer. If they did meet up again, I can just imagine it: "Hi mom, sorry I disappeared for a whole year without contacting you making you think I was dead, but actually I met Elen in America and we got married. We came back to tell you you're now gonna be grandparents in 6 to 9 months!! Yay~!!"

Cal has become delicious jailbait. While Elen hasn't aged a day, which I also like...mostly because of her longer hair.

I miss Claudia...
Estoy_GordoAug 20, 2009 8:14 AM
Aug 20, 2009 7:59 AM

Jan 2008
A good one and I really like mature version of Cal.
Only one big problem - next ep is in 6 days <cry>
Aug 20, 2009 8:00 AM

Jul 2008
There is no OP and ED to translate so the next ep will be translated faster.
Aug 20, 2009 8:06 AM

Jan 2009
Werchiel said:
A good one and I really like mature version of Cal.
Only one big problem - next ep is in 6 days <cry>

Next ep airs today. I'd be very surprised if it wouldn't be out by the weekend.
Aug 20, 2009 8:25 AM
Jan 2008
4kicks said:
!@#ing Finally! This is ...Sparta!!! Ok no, it's actually just the episode that I was waiting for. Loved every bit of it: the new op & ed, the Japan arc, Elen's longer hair, the gravely misinformed yet very attractive Cal aging about 10 years in 2 (which makes her really hot now), and......slice of life high school drama? Sure, why not? By far this is my favourite episode out of the whole series unless even better ones come out from here on.

I doubt Reiji's real parents are dead...how can he even face them after he disappears for 1 to 3 years, accidentally gets involved in crime thus becoming an assassin to survive, just to come home a pro killer along with his sweetheart who's also a pro killer. If they did meet up again, I can just imagine it: "Hi mom, sorry I disappeared for a whole year without contacting you making you think I was dead, but actually I met Elen in America and we got married. We came back to tell you you're now gonna be grandparents in 6 to 9 months!! Yay~!!"

Cal has become delicious jailbait. While Elen hasn't aged a day, which I also like...mostly because of her longer hair.

I miss Claudia...

Wait...If Reiji is 18 now, then two to three years ago...does this make Claudia a pedophile now?

Still...I <3 Claudia. You can't have her!...because she's already gone =<
Aug 20, 2009 8:27 AM

Jul 2008
Yep, Claudia is a pedo and Reiji was a super-loli in front of her.
Aug 20, 2009 8:31 AM

Jul 2009
Neilikki said:
yeeeees!! finally, downloading now...

"Me too !!!" is what I would say if not for the fact that Star Ocean saves my boredom these last few days & prolly will do so for another week when

wut? Star Ocean 4? XD

Nope, 3, & I enjoy it mainly because of Cliff was da MAN there xD 4 isnt a big enough reason for me to buy an X-Box, especially when all the RPGs I want in X-Box got ported in PS3... in Japan, for now.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 20, 2009 9:00 AM

Aug 2008
Phantom ~ Requiem for a Dating Sim

I love the character art, everyone looks 10 years older.. and Cal grew..alot
Aug 20, 2009 9:00 AM

Oct 2008
Nice episode and great to see Cal back! :D
Can't wait for the next.

Kvakond said:
Cal grew..alot

I'll admit, I'll probably pay more attention to her now. xDD

*Woot 100th Post! XD *
Aug 20, 2009 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
Well, hopefully there is a logical explanation for cal now looking older than Reiji when 2 years ago she looked like his daughter.

I can't say i was a fan of them pretending to be siblings and her encouraging him to date Mio, but after learning of her family, i guess it makes sense. Elen also doesn't seem to be the jealous type.
Aug 20, 2009 9:17 AM

Jul 2009
HAHAHAHAHA... Finally, the show's hottest woman is here !!!! I so <333 her design, way better than in the game & she was already hot in her game version but now it's "OVER 9000" HOTNESS !!!

I know there's no way they will go with Cal ending but I still hope that...
BitchMasterAug 20, 2009 9:25 AM

Aug 20, 2009 9:26 AM

Jul 2008
And so we get the first half of a peaceful life until the mid when Cal appears gives off the shot

yay for new op and ed =D

and from the looks of the ed it may turn out ot be a 3man team of Reiji Cal and Elen
Aug 20, 2009 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
I shat bricks so many times during this episode, and even though I saw the Cal thing coming I still thought it was freaking epic. I love the new ED, too. Can't wait to see what goes down.
Aug 20, 2009 10:30 AM

Sep 2007
The physical differences between each time period is just staggering, especially for Cal. At least Cal grew up to be a hot blonde bombshell. We needed another hot girl after Claudia ate the bullet.
Aug 20, 2009 10:32 AM

Apr 2009
Like the new soundtrack. :)
Aug 20, 2009 11:29 AM

Jun 2008
So Cal is a substitute for Claudia , now.
Aug 20, 2009 11:30 AM

Jul 2008
Claudia and Cal are totally different type of women. Their personalities aren't even similiar.
Aug 20, 2009 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:
Claudia and Cal are totally different type of women. Their personalities aren't even similiar.

But you cant deny the fact that their HOTNESS is the same & they are both betrayed by stupid Reiji ;)

Aug 20, 2009 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
I can and I will: IMO, Cal is far hoter then Claudia <_<
NayraelAug 20, 2009 12:03 PM
Aug 20, 2009 12:05 PM

Sep 2008
Wtf? Cal goes from 12 to 22 overnight?

(not to say that its a bad thing by any means)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And in strange aeons even death may die."
Aug 20, 2009 12:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
nice change of mood.

Even though things are predictable, how they executed it is actually pretty good....

Next episode. back into the spiral of hate. destruction and tragedy....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 20, 2009 12:40 PM

May 2009
Pretty damn good. At first I wasn't sure if I was watching Phantom, lol.. Especially with that new OP, which was great btw - VERY different feel, but still great.

And O M G, Cal's grown a lot during the timeskip of two years! Hawt! xD
Aug 20, 2009 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
Okay I'm feeling a little dense now concerning the ages of the characters.

I thought Reiji was at least 20or older since his training had completed and he had become a fully fledged Phantom and Elen wasn't too far behind, but apparently that isn't the case since they are both now in High School!

And what was Cal's age in the previous arc? I had her down as a slightly precocious 10 year old but she suddenly blossomed into a woman of about 21 in just two years! I know we're supposed to suspend disbelief somewhat in Anime but really...

Still this has been one of the best series this year.

ManInBlackAug 20, 2009 1:13 PM
Aug 20, 2009 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
And what was Cal's age in the previous arc? I had her down as a slightly precocious 10 year old but she suddenly blossomed into a woman of about 21 in just two years! I know we're supposed to suspend disbelief somewhat in Anime but really...

I am not sure how many times I posted this this week:

Season 1 (episodes 1-10):
Ein: 14 (Cal later actually looks alright in comparison to her)
Zwei: 15 (his training was fast as he was talented and six months passed since he became an assasin and his promotion to Phantom)

Season 2 (12-19):
Ellen: 15
Reiji: 16
Cal: 14

Season 3 (20-26):
Ellen: 17
Reiji: 18 (he does look a bit older from season to season, but acting like a student and wearing student clothes makes him look younger now)
Cal: 16 (fast grower, actually looks as old as Reiji in season 2)
Aug 20, 2009 1:13 PM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:
I can and I will: IMO, Cal is far hoter then Claudia <_<

Dang, I hate agreeing but your right. My love for MILF blinded my eyes or maybe it was the stringy thing wrapped around her leg that turns me on. As for a "true" girlfriend, Cal definitely is a far better choice though since...

Aug 20, 2009 1:13 PM

Jan 2009

Thanks for that. :)

Basically what we have learned here is that Reiji was an old looking 15 and 18 year old while CAL went from a young looking 14 year-old to a WAY older looking 16 year old!

Yay Anime! :P

BTW - the first DVD volume has been released in Japan:

Aug 20, 2009 2:11 PM

Feb 2009
Good episode. Although it didn't sit well with me to see both of them in high school. The set should have been a college or something. As for Cal, I felt she was 14-ish when she was with reiji so by now she's gotta be 16 or 17 and that might make sense and it seems that she's had time to get some plastic surgery for implants ... but I'm at least glad that she's not that annoying loli character anymore although I can tell she's gonna annoy me in other ways.

Aug 20, 2009 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
good to see adult cal, although now I can only guess that
cal will keep trying to kill ein, and reiji will eventually kill her, or maybe not :O
Aug 20, 2009 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
Reiji doesnt have sexy hair anymore.
Cal is back. Looking sexy.
Im guessing she is now a phantom. "Drei", Am i right?
And Sythe Master still has an amry of phantoms coming along..
Jeez. Good episode though.
Aug 20, 2009 3:51 PM
Jan 2009
adult Cal looking like Levi from Black Lagoon, also Mio looking smillar like the girl from mafia famili (dont remember her name) in Black Lagoon.
Aug 20, 2009 4:04 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah i
SlashBeast said:
adult Cal looking like Levi from Black Lagoon, also Mio looking smillar like the girl from mafia famili (dont remember her name) in Black Lagoon.

Yeah i kept thinking whole episode how that girl looked like yakuza girl from Black Lagoon :D

For my opinion this episode was a lot better than previous episodes, but i couldnt think Elen and Reiji as highschool students. Also Cal had too big transformation. I mean JESUS it was just 2 years! Maybe scythe master gave her something that made her boobs bigger and stuff, but she looks way older than 16!
Aug 20, 2009 4:12 PM

Dec 2008
Oxu said:
Yeah i
SlashBeast said:

Yeah i kept thinking whole episode how that girl looked like yakuza girl from Black Lagoon :D

For my opinion this episode was a lot better than previous episodes, but i couldnt think Elen and Reiji as highschool students. Also Cal had too big transformation. I mean JESUS it was just 2 years! Maybe scythe master gave her something that made her boobs bigger and stuff, but she looks way older than 16!

Yeah she has to be at least 17...even though there's no way Reiji was only 1 or so years older than Cal in season 2. Regardless, Cal's boob's FTW.
Aug 20, 2009 4:29 PM

Feb 2009
Holy crap, cal turned out pretty hot :p

I actually like the new opening/ending, still feels a bit weird not seeing the other ones.
Aug 20, 2009 6:10 PM

Feb 2008
What the hell happened to Cal? Super Steroids or Hyper Puberty? Two years ago she was like four feet tall and flat chested. Now she's huge with C's? It's kind of...disturbing. I hope she dies. I really do. I want her to be all "Reiji you lied to me and although you had good reason to think I was dead I must exact revenge on you for an old man who probably medically enhanced my body for reasons I can't comprehend." Then Reiji should shoot her square between the eyes.

I'm also REALLY glad they didn't make us watch a full episode of happy/normal high school, slice of life with Elen and Reiji. It was painful, I was half expecting someone to bust through a window and start throwing bullets at any moment. 4/5 only because Cal is back and didn't die in a freak laboratory fire.
Aug 20, 2009 6:35 PM
Jun 2009
i was expecting bullets to fly through the windows at any given point also. I would of enjoyed somebody trying to bully him or something to that effect though. Can't wait till the next epp is subbed (I think they are aiming for a quick release)
Aug 20, 2009 7:37 PM

Nov 2007
Overall, I actually liked this episode.

Cal looks... very different. I'm honestly not too fond of the way her body is. It's just too much of a change. At least she doesn't seem so annoying anymore.

As much as I strongly hate people who get in the way of my favorite pairings, I think Mio and Reiji were really cute. Didn't even bother me. :)

Old Phantom? o.o I guess Cal is the new Phantom.

Please don't kill Ein! ;_;
Aug 20, 2009 7:48 PM

May 2009
My Cal, look at how you've grown @_@

Hinata020 said:
What the hell happened to Cal? Super Steroids or Hyper Puberty? Two years ago she was like four feet tall and flat chested. Now she's huge with C's? It's kind of...disturbing. I hope she dies. I really do. I want her to be all "Reiji you lied to me and although you had good reason to think I was dead I must exact revenge on you for an old man who probably medically enhanced my body for reasons I can't comprehend." Then Reiji should shoot her square between the eyes.

HAHAHA, I approve.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Aug 20, 2009 8:00 PM

Jun 2007
I don't even know what to say about this episode...so full of wtf.

Ok the beginning was a little weird. Sure this was supposed to be the slice of life part showing Reiji and Elen's new temp life but it felt so out of place. Even when they where talking to each other in private they where so bubbly :S. I was expecting them to still talk to eachother as they did in the past (ie. how they where talking to each other at the end of the ep).

Second, Cal, wtf is up with her body? A lot of people already pointed this out but Cal looks like she's 24ish and Reiji/Elen haven't aged at all. Is that part of the process of becoming a phantom? They stop your aging? If so I must have missed that part over all the awesomeness of the beginning half of the series. Even so that still doesn't explain why Cal looks like she's in her 20s when shes supposed to be like 16.

3rd, Regardless of it taking you a year or two to get there why would you, in your right mind, go to japan after escaping Inferno? Seriously it's almost a given that they're gonna find you rofl.
Aug 20, 2009 8:01 PM

Mar 2008
This was a great episode. It did pretty good of sort of putting the main characters into a false homeostasis so this would be our fake ending before the second culmination. I'm excited.

And it appears I'm the only one who spotted the end was a total homage to Noir. Yes the whole series is a Noir base yada yada yada, but the ending was a friggin homage right down to the music style.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Aug 20, 2009 9:21 PM

Jul 2009
Hinata020 said:
What the hell happened to Cal? Super Steroids or Hyper Puberty? Two years ago she was like four feet tall and flat chested. Now she's huge with C's? It's kind of disturbing... I hope she dies. I really do. I want her to be all "Reiji you lied to me and although you had good reason to think I was dead I must exact revenge on you for an old man who probably medically enhanced my body for reasons I can't comprehend." Then Reiji should shoot her square between the eyes.

I'm also REALLY glad they didn't make us watch a full episode of happy/normal high school, slice of life with Elen and Reiji. It was painful, I was half expecting someone to bust through a window and start throwing bullets at any moment. 4/5 only because Cal is back and didn't die in a freak laboratory fire.

Huh? So according to your comment, the sole reason you want her to die is because she's "huge with C's? It's kind of...disturbing" ? LOL J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y much ? Or are you a Pedo Bear worshipper who got upset whenever a girl is no more LOLI ?

If you have watched more than 100 series, which I assume you did, then I don't see why you got probs with a character's sudden growth in the anime world where a 28 years old teacher can still look like a 5 years old girl. Or is it too hard to accept it? It's FICTIONAL so anything can happen & IMHO, hating a character just because of his or her appearance is FRIGGIN' SHALLOW, but oh well, to each his own, unless you can provide some convincing proofs about why you hate her instead of criticizing on her appearance like you did which makes me think that the core of your hate is merely because she was a hot "rival" who will be in the way of Reiji X Ein coupling.
BitchMasterAug 20, 2009 9:26 PM

Aug 20, 2009 9:24 PM
Jun 2009
Niklai said:
Oh, hell with those ages. Seriously. Maybe it was so in the game, but I prefer to look at anime, and what do we have there? We have serious Reji and Elen, acting tough and mature, looking old as well. It would seem that they're at least 19 at the begining of the series, and that makes a lot more sense to me. Besides, let's face it - kids and teenagers DOESN'T have a simple strenght to efficently kill (maybe with ak-47 in africa's villages, when they just have to be cannon-meat, but not in urban environment as an trained assassin), despite of what most series are trying to tell us. Hell, sniper rifle used by Elen a few eps back would recoil so hard, that frekin' muscled soldier would have a nice bruise. That's why I sincerely screw theory about young age and ingorantly believe, that Reji and Elen are 19-21 (after all this age is universal for muscle grow) through the series, it makes things much more realistic and that's what I long in anime (in general). Sure, hypotheticaly kid would be much easier to manipulate, but in Phantom main characters are memory-wiped clean, so this factor is irrelevant here (exept Cal, but if we look at the series, she acutally was drawn as teenager, and acted just as teenager is supposed to, that's why I'm reffering only to Ein&Zwei team. And seriously, aside of that, I don't care about Cal :P Maybe it'll change now, when she grew older).
Maybe it has something to do that I'm myself 20, but well, it cannot be helped. And if someone would tell me that I can't stand with my decision after this episode, 'cause Reji and Elen are in school... Well, first think about it as collage/studies - they can be ~20 then. Or haven't you seen older people, catching up on high school, which they'd drop long time ago?
As for the end of this meaningless post which probably won't be read by most of you (and I suppose I'm right in this statement :PP) I don't trying to impose my thoughts on you guys, I'm just standing up for those who want Realistic (underline this one) anime, and at last can have one, keeping in mind what they see at the screen, not some few numbers which came up from game scriptwriter.
And as for post scriptum, from me: no teenagers for assassins! Let's keep things real and handling guns for 18+!
Regards ;)

Late response is late, but freaking agreed, man. I have no trouble believing either that, even at around 20, they faked their way back into a high school so that they could try to rebuild a life.
Aug 20, 2009 10:35 PM

May 2009
I was also under the impression that Reiji/Elen were older than high school age. It didnt bother me though, since they'd be able to get in pretty easily. Cal on the other hand, when I first saw her it was a little disturbing because I thought she was like maybe 10.
Aug 20, 2009 11:04 PM

Jul 2007
What did they feed Cal with for those two year??? God that's some insane change. Ho and I smell love triangle coming up.
Aug 21, 2009 12:05 AM
Jun 2009
Loved this episode... anyone who didn't was a communist :P
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.