Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 15, 2009 11:48 AM

Sep 2007
Oosran said:
Talu said:
Why don't you like Gil? D= I mean, he doesn't have to be your favorite character, but to hate him so much? ^^;;

Well it's not really that I hate him.. It's more that.. Oh well I guess what annoys me about him is all the fangirling, but hey, what did I expect really? I guess he's the kinda guy that has the "HI GIRLS"-aura about him, which, of course, leads to excessive amounts of fangirling. There, I got that sorted out, thanks

"Hi GIRLS" XDDDDD It was funny picturing Gil saying it.
I don't know... o.o I don't love him just because he's... BISHIE or whatever... X_X I really love his personality and all X_x and I loved him since the first pages of the manga when he was little X33333 but I guess it depends on the person about liking him or not to.
TaluAug 15, 2009 11:59 AM
Aug 15, 2009 11:50 AM

Jan 2009
Talu said:
but I guess it depends on the person about to like him or not to.

That my friend, is indeed true, as with most things : p

Actually.. I did kind of like Gil before Oz got thrown into the Abyss, except for him being a bit.. "sissy", if I may put it that way : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 15, 2009 11:55 AM

Sep 2007
Oosran said:
[
Actually.. I did kind of like Gil before Oz got thrown into the Abyss, except for him being a bit.. "sissy", if I may put it that way : p

XDDDDD If you wanna see "sissy" Gil, watch the 1st DVD special. XD
Aug 15, 2009 12:50 PM

May 2007
Kinda felt like a filler episode but it was funny nonetheless. I wish they'd put more plot development into this episode but uh well, I enjoyed the fanservice, especially Gil crying and blushing and clinging to Oz.... Kyaaaaa! <333

Omg, Elliot at the end! ewrtyr5yt4wer3wr!@#$% <333333

Aug 15, 2009 12:56 PM

Feb 2009
Poor Gilbert. Everyone is trying to kill him. And oh how shocked he was when he hear Oz kissed Alice. Funny~! I agree with you KayChan4U we need more GilbertOz :3

Though I don't really love Gilbert. He looks cool, I like men in hats, but his character is too... sissy xd

Uncle Oskar with his face painted was the best!
Aug 15, 2009 3:16 PM

Dec 2008
DAMN!
FUNNIEST AND PERVIEST EPI EVER!!
I LAUGHED MY HEAD OFF THE WHOLE ENTIRE TIME.

... if sharron ever tells me to call her onee-sama...
omg, imma say it right then and then..

drunk girl, SO HAWT.
now i wanna go get drunk with all my friends :D
Aug 15, 2009 6:44 PM

Jul 2009
sparkly gil scene was hilarious :P
Aug 15, 2009 7:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oosran said:
the anime's coming to an end pretty soon, and the big bad guy is Glen, right?

actually, we don't know that yet... (refer to Sora wo kakeru shoujo for instance)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 15, 2009 10:02 PM

Jul 2009
physclone said:
Oz's reaction was fun to watch when Alice starting undressing :3

I know, right? :3
Priceless ~

Haha, it's always funny when Gil and Alice start fighting over Oz; mostly when they're drunk, though. (:
Aug 16, 2009 12:33 AM
Jan 2008
funniest episode ever! laughed the whole time. It's great to see Sharron havoing a bigger part in the show. Drunk Gil is awesome, as is Sharron and Alice. One of my favorites by far. It's so hot in here. lol
Aug 16, 2009 1:13 AM
Feb 2009
i glad the anime did a great job animating this episode. the background music during sharon's dark appearance is very suitable lol... and i like the part when alice poke oz's eyes and the message come afterthat "to everyone who's watching, pls be sure not to imitate" XD

Snowflakes said:
I've heard that Breaks past is epic in the manga.
i not sure whether u can called it epic but it does reveal some important hints for tragedy of sabrie

laserjay151 said:
Ending with Elliot makes me wonder if it's a prelude to Glen's return.
elliot probably related to glen somehow since the songs they made are similar (even have a same name...=o=)

p.s. since when kissing become a must-have ritual in making a pact? XD
flame_tiongAug 16, 2009 1:24 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 16, 2009 2:33 AM

Feb 2009
flame_tiong said:
p.s. since when kissing become a must-have ritual in making a pact? XD

Since fangirls expect it xd
Aug 16, 2009 2:46 AM

Feb 2009
bwahahachick said:
Snowflakes said:
Falatorx said:
Worst episode yet by far. I hate filler episodes and this was 90% filler.

The drinking party served no purpose plot wise, was only sometimes humorous and lasted way too long. We've only got five episodes left and Oz is still a useless main character who relies on Alice and the dead spirit of Jack to do anything. I don't see how they can have a satisfying ending with so few episodes left unless they push it all to a second season.

I'm hoping they will, Pandora Hearts is an amazing series. There's still quite a bit of the manga to animate right? (I haven't read all the chapters, just assuming this). And the DVD sales have been pretty good, I think.

Actually, they're kind of almost caught up with the manga. So it's almost certain there will be a second season in a year or two. Since the anime has been following the manga so closely, I think the only way this season will be wrapped up is if it's an open ending.

Aha, thats good news. :D

Y'see, I'm trying to read the chapters sparingly to fill the PH-less void next week. The manga is incredible though. I can't wait till I can buy a copy (but it'll probably take years for it to arrive here).
Aug 16, 2009 4:29 AM

Feb 2009
No... more... Gil... fanservice...

Okay, I like him and everything, but oh god, it looks like he's the only character we get fanservice of. What have we had so far? Maid Gil, crossdressing Gil, Gil with glasses, drunken Gil, grown-up Gil referring to himself like a little child, grown-up Gil crying, Gil/Oz with sparkles in the background... the only thing left to see is Gil with cat ears.

Anyway, I liked this episode because it contained a whole load of lulz (and freaky Shalon), and the next episode contains Break's past *and* Rufus Barma *and* Will of the Abyss' magnificent reapparition, *plus* Cheshire, who is close to be my third favorite character... so it doesn't really matter if we have to wait two weeks. What depressed me is the serious lack of Vincent we have in recent episodes. Seriously, where is that man?!

Just a question, what is that Chain in the previews called and whose Chain is it? My guess would be Humpty Dumpty, but if anyone knows, please tell me.
Aug 16, 2009 7:01 AM

Feb 2009
xx_mirai said:
No... more... Gil... fanservice...

Okay, I like him and everything, but oh god, it looks like he's the only character we get fanservice of. What have we had so far? Maid Gil, crossdressing Gil, Gil with glasses, drunken Gil, grown-up Gil referring to himself like a little child, grown-up Gil crying, Gil/Oz with sparkles in the background... the only thing left to see is Gil with cat ears.

Anyway, I liked this episode because it contained a whole load of lulz (and freaky Shalon), and the next episode contains Break's past *and* Rufus Barma *and* Will of the Abyss' magnificent reapparition, *plus* Cheshire, who is close to be my third favorite character... so it doesn't really matter if we have to wait two weeks. What depressed me is the serious lack of Vincent we have in recent episodes. Seriously, where is that man?!

Just a question, what is that Chain in the previews called and whose Chain is it? My guess would be Humpty Dumpty, but if anyone knows, please tell me.

Ahahaha xD Yes, you're right, I feel for the fanservice abuse Gil's getting xD

Hmm I haven't completed D.Gray Man but that thing in the preview reminded me of the Millenium Earl. Maybe it's just me though.

@flame_tiong: Ah, yeah, I read the manga chapters yesterday, not really epic but more,[spoiler=manga] erm tragic? Well not really. But yeah it does give insight.
SnowflakesAug 16, 2009 8:14 AM
Aug 16, 2009 9:28 AM

Apr 2009
Falatorx said:
Worst episode yet by far. I hate filler episodes and this was 90% filler.

The drinking party served no purpose plot wise, was only sometimes humorous and lasted way too long. We've only got five episodes left and Oz is still a useless main character who relies on Alice and the dead spirit of Jack to do anything. I don't see how they can have a satisfying ending with so few episodes left unless they push it all to a second season.

Filler? It's not even a filler. To be truthful it was in the manga and another one of Oscar's 'Relax the Atmosphere' plans. Don't fret because the plot comes back on for the next upcoming episodes. As for Oz being a useless main character, he's still developing character wise even in the manga so just by switching from reader Pandora Hearts from watching it won't change him at all. >>;

Jaymie said:
The best part of this episode was the preview for the next episode. (:

Looks like we'll be getting the big revelation about Alice next week. I'm really happy about how faithful they were to the manga, but they seriously need to hurry up! There's five episodes left, and they've still got to do the Rufus Barma arc (at least two episodes), the revelation about Echo (one episode), and that leaves only TWO EPISODES for the entire Sabrie arc, which is looking to be seven chapters long around the time the Anime ends.

I appreciate comedy episodes, but this was one chapter they could have afforded to skip. They should have put it as an extra on the last DVD or something. It makes no sense to cut plot just to have a bit of comedy so close to the end. The manga is different because it has no set end, but the Anime is now past the 20-mark, so we have to get ready for whatever ending they have in store for us.

The anime isn't even going to reach the whole Sabrie Arc, nor is the chapter Noise of Echo going to be in it because according to Curious (Pandora Hearts fansite) the anime is going to end with Snow Dome which basically is still Break's Arc.

And this will always be my favourite episode and chapter ^^
Aug 16, 2009 9:41 AM

Aug 2007
Snowflakes said:

Y'see, I'm trying to read the chapters sparingly to fill the PH-less void next week. The manga is incredible though. I can't wait till I can buy a copy (but it'll probably take years for it to arrive here).

Yeah, I've been the same. I'm all caught up with the manga, but I still need more PH, haha. I've been rewatching the anime and comparing the manga beside it so I have something PH to do, lol.

Aaaand, I don't know if you know this already, but PH has been licensed in English and the first volume is being released this December (I think). So you might be able to own a copy. :)
Aug 16, 2009 3:07 PM

Apr 2009
Mixed episode, there were some really funny parts (Uncle on the ground with pigtails had me cracking up) but others were just obnoxious and fell flat. The last several minutes were really good, though, and can't wait to see if Eliot has a connection with Glen the same way Jack does with Oz (assuming I even know the true connection having only seen the anime.)
Aug 16, 2009 4:16 PM

Oct 2008
I would love to see Break drunk..xD Might be funny.
Gil was so adorable in this episode and I'm not a Gil fangirl.
Can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 16, 2009 9:07 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, this a really bad episode. Not only does this add fuel to the Ho Yay but there's also the characterization of Sharon that seems to come from a poor last minute decision made by an idiot. Nothing about this episode was really important until the last 3 minutes, excluding the ending theme, and the message to the Moral Guardians that "None of these people are minors." The only redeeming thing about this episode was that it was cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2009 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
I think it's not a bad idea to make this epi full of gags. We need some relax after all.
Sharon is just awesome.
Aug 17, 2009 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
Im hoping they have enough episodes left to animate the revelation with Echo. Since its one of my favoritet parts in the manga and definitely caught me off gaurd. aside from thsat i thought the episode was pretty amusing, but im excited for the preview since we finally find out about alice and the will of the abyss. should be good but a long wait..
Aug 17, 2009 11:44 AM

Apr 2008
While this episode certainly isn't my favorite, I enjoyed the fun. This series can get quite intense so a moment of laughter here and there is fine. I just don't want too many episodes like this one because I like the plotline to progress. I still rated it a 5/5 because how could I not adore Gil?! ^_^ I need a lot more Gil fan service. :P
Aug 17, 2009 1:47 PM
Nov 2008
First Bakemonogatari, now Pandora. What the hell is going on next week?
Aug 17, 2009 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
I'd expect my main character to be more than useless after so much of the (first) season is over personally. Not having that be the case leaves us with the possibility of the dreaded last episode "wow i am suddenly super powerful now and use my brand new powers to defeat the bad guy" turn around.

Just because it was in the manga doesn't make it ok. To me at least, if an episode's sole reason for existing is to take up an episode slot and it can be skipped without missing anything anywhere near important or relevant, it is a filler episode. I'm a huge fan of this series, but i was checking how long was left pretty frequently while the drunken party scene went on and on and on and on... So close to the end and with so many plot questions left unanswered, they shouldn't be wasting time. Of course, i haven't read the manga so maybe the manga isn't complete enough to answer most of the questions that have been brought up in the (first) season.
Aug 17, 2009 10:05 PM

Jun 2008
My thought's on this episode, while it seemed like a filler with no plot I still enjoyed it to the max :)
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

Aug 17, 2009 10:36 PM

Apr 2009
This episode was one of my favorites in Pandora Hearts now. ^^ I loved it. It was so funny when they were all drunk. Finally got to see some more Sharon-ness.

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Aug 18, 2009 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
Was very funny ... but was a useless and unnecessary episode.
It will have only 25 episodes ... they should focus more in the history!
Aug 19, 2009 4:05 PM

Apr 2009
Favorite episode by far.
This episode was just so lolz worthy. All of them getting drunk. Too epic for words.
And the Alice fan service, while creepy, was funny.
And who knew Sharon was so scary. XD
Aug 19, 2009 4:34 PM

Nov 2008
Rofl this episode was hillarious, I never expect that they'd put Alice's fan service xD
Though Gil looks like creepy-gay in this episode..
Aug 20, 2009 8:22 AM

Jan 2009
OH MAI BREAK ISH AWSUM <3

great episode, for a little comedy insert <333
me favs it

Aug 20, 2009 9:20 AM

Oct 2008
Funniest Episode Ever!
I want to see them get drunk again XD
Aug 20, 2009 9:29 AM

Nov 2008
very funny episode but i want more of the real story then something i cant use
Aug 22, 2009 5:04 AM

Sep 2008
One of the worst episodes of an anime I have ever seen.

I thought all the comedy so far was bad, oh god this just made the other comedy seem like an positive rather than a negative for me. Wasn't one bit that made me even smile or chuckle, i was facepalming the entire episode. Such a shame when this show has been developing so well lately for it to turn into something retarded like this all of a sudden. Hope the last few episode will return to being serious and interesting, cause I won't be able to watch another episode like this.
Aug 25, 2009 2:31 AM

May 2008
Funniest. Episode. Ever.
Sharon...onee-...sama...
They all need to get drunk again...
Aug 25, 2009 7:39 AM

Apr 2009
XD I died and went to heaven. And then there was Pandora.

Gilbert was SO. freaking. jealous. Can't deny it. And the scene when he's holding Oz to seal baka usagi's power? Pure BL. Shounen-ai fangirls, this is an episode for YOU. (I'm not one of them so it's just funny for me xD But imagine the squeals...)
LOL STRIPPING ALICE.
I love Gil even more after seeing this animated.

And poor Elliot :(
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 25, 2009 11:57 AM

Aug 2009
cool episode, I also can't wait to aug 27 xD
Aug 27, 2009 6:23 AM

Feb 2009
bwahahachick said:
Snowflakes said:

Yeah, I've been the same. I'm all caught up with the manga, but I still need more PH, haha. I've been rewatching the anime and comparing the manga beside it so I have something PH to do, lol.

Aaaand, I don't know if you know this already, but PH has been licensed in English and the first volume is being released this December (I think). So you might be able to own a copy. :)

Really? :o I thought it was next year! (According to Amazon, I think). It takes about 2 more months for it to arrive in UK (where I live) though.
But since I'm a massive PH fan now, I think I'll try to order my copy from US before the copies arrive here in UK.

Edit: I for one think it's good that they aired this episode, because the next episode is going to be rather depressing (well, for me). However I think they should have a longer season, considering the fact that there are only 5 more episodes left, and the amount of manga plot thats going to be left, unanimated. But I'm confident that there will be a second season.
Aug 27, 2009 12:31 PM

Aug 2007
Snowflakes said:
bwahahachick said:
Snowflakes said:

Really? :o I thought it was next year! (According to Amazon, I think). It takes about 2 more months for it to arrive in UK (where I live) though.
But since I'm a massive PH fan now, I think I'll try to order my copy from US before the copies arrive here in UK.

Edit: I for one think it's good that they aired this episode, because the next episode is going to be rather depressing (well, for me). However I think they should have a longer season, considering the fact that there are only 5 more episodes left, and the amount of manga plot thats going to be left, unanimated. But I'm confident that there will be a second season.

Ah, yeah, I should have said that depending on where you live, it'll be out by the end of this year. Hehe, sorry about that. |D; Yeah, I live in the US, so the release date is Dec. 15. And LOL, I would definitely do the same, considering I've ordered some PH stuff from Japan already.

I feel the same. I can't believe some people think that episode 20 needed to be cut! I think it's obvious that the anime was going to have a second season, since the manga is still ongoing, so it's fine that they kept it in. And yesss, the next episode will be so saddddd. I have a feeling the next season will air maybe.. two years from now? It'll be a long wait though. :|
Aug 29, 2009 9:42 AM

Feb 2009
bwahahachick said:
Snowflakes said:
bwahahachick said:
Snowflakes said:

Ah, yeah, I should have said that depending on where you live, it'll be out by the end of this year. Hehe, sorry about that. |D; Yeah, I live in the US, so the release date is Dec. 15. And LOL, I would definitely do the same, considering I've ordered some PH stuff from Japan already.

I feel the same. I can't believe some people think that episode 20 needed to be cut! I think it's obvious that the anime was going to have a second season, since the manga is still ongoing, so it's fine that they kept it in. And yesss, the next episode will be so saddddd. I have a feeling the next season will air maybe.. two years from now? It'll be a long wait though. :|

Even if it takes 2 weeks for me to receive it I'll still order it from US~ Oh the PH obsession.

I wish Pandora Hearts had a similiar situation to Shugo Chara, a second season the week after the first season ends.. but I don't think thats going to happen. :(
Aug 29, 2009 4:45 PM

May 2009
Gilbert was so funny, lol - and everyone else as well.. Hilarious episode!
Aug 29, 2009 8:10 PM

Feb 2009
Hilarious fanservice episode is hilarious.
Aug 30, 2009 6:43 PM

Aug 2009
freakin' hilarious. i loved seeing them all drunk. x3 <3

Quisque suos patimur manes.
Sep 3, 2009 9:09 PM

Jul 2009
Lmfao Evrybody was drunk haha great episode
Sep 9, 2009 3:27 AM

May 2009
asdf1248 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Funniest. Episode. Ever.
Sharon...onee-...sama...

agree it was so funny
Sep 16, 2009 5:26 AM
Jul 2009
cool ep ;)
Sep 25, 2009 1:57 AM

May 2008
asdf1248 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Funniest. Episode. Ever.
Sharon...onee-...sama...
I also agree.
Cool episode i lmao when everyone got drunk XD
V
Sep 25, 2009 6:34 PM

Jun 2007
What a funny episode!

Favorite part was drunk Gil not knowing which "I" to use <3

also this is probably the cutest thing i've seen in a while x3333
Sep 27, 2009 1:06 PM

Aug 2009
"NOBODY UNDERAGE HERE!"
Lmao. That was just hilarious! Sharon fangirling then going queen status, Gil yelling at the maid, Alice stripping XD XD

I liked how they wrapped the end up with Eliot's dream. When he said that he wrote "Lacie" I was thinking that he was the reincarnation of Glen Baskerville and now his dream practically confirms it :P Still have to wait n see though

hanabiii said:

Gil is so adorable! I just want to squeez him! <333

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Sep 30, 2009 12:09 PM

Jul 2008
everyone got drunk, lol. and its true what they say- people are most truthful when drunk
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Remake

denboruto - Dec 28, 2019

25 by DeeLovesCats »»
Apr 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2009

77 by wewe_exo »»
Mar 8, 12:39 PM

» Help: Pandora Hearts filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

3 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
Feb 13, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2009

269 by Enjolras_Rosen »»
Jan 8, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Sep 3, 2009

79 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.