Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 20, 2009 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
Goddamnit! I didn't stick around for after the credits >_> That was one of the reasons I wasn't enthusiastic about watching this--I thought the OAV ending was like the "main ending" like how Clannad has a "main ending". I kept thinking Ein was going to bite it and kept saying to myself, "Why am I watching this?"

There are five main (true) endings in Phantom actually, two of which you can find above ("Woman in High Castle" and "From Attop the Hill" - if you haven't read them, read after you completed watching ep19).

For me things are only now really picking up (on episode 16). I'm thinking that if Bee Train wants to be Bee Train, they go with The End of a Long Dream or Vengeful Spirits.

Beetrain is actualy doing more then justice to the series. For a long time now, I had no complaints at them handling Phantom and actually tought that they improved quite a lot as anime was airing.
NayraelAug 20, 2009 3:33 PM
Aug 21, 2009 4:41 PM

Jun 2007
Personally, I hope the anime will go the 'Dusty Trails' ending. I found 'Cerulean Sky' and 'Cherry Blossom Avenue' a little boring.

Mentar said:
Well, I'm 90% sure that they will take the Cal ending template (Dusty Desert Trails) at least. It has the epic showdown, and it can still be modified to end with any girl. Come on, everyone is waiting for Elen-Cal. It HAS to happen. In it, Mio also has a significant _active_ influence in the ending (while her efforts are in vain in the Ein template).

And if you're asking me for my preference: Both the Elen and Cal endings are excellent, and the Mio ending is also enjoyable. I guess Cal's ending is simply most "complete", and gives the biggest feeling of accomplishment and victory in the end.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 22, 2009 7:24 AM

Jan 2009
For some reason, I think it's going to be a mix of the endings. My first hint of this is that the promo picture of Elen and Cal gives away too much; you know what's going to happen. My second hint, is that we are on episode 22...we have 5 more episodes left, and unless they play on dragging out the duel scene for 3 or 4 episodes, then there is a lot that can happen in those 5 episodes.

Mentar said:
And if you're asking me for my preference: Both the Elen and Cal endings are excellent, and the Mio ending is also enjoyable. I guess Cal's ending is simply most "complete", and gives the biggest feeling of accomplishment and victory in the end.

I have to disagree. Maybe I'm biased because Elen is my favorite character, but I want her to live and be able to go to her homeland, like Reiji promised.

Plus, I don't want an ending where Reiji goes back to being what he hated. That's not a victory. The most "complete" ending, IMO, is Elen's

Aug 22, 2009 7:38 AM

Jul 2008
Please, don't use wikipedia as a source. As I said already, that thing doesn't explain things quite well and creates a lot of misinformation (I remember how I needed to change the entire "Cherry Blossoms Avenue" ending summary becauee it was all but a summary of that ending).
Aug 22, 2009 7:51 AM

Jan 2009
Then can you tell me what about my assessment was wrong? ^_^
Aug 22, 2009 8:05 AM

Jul 2008
Once you complete the game with all three endings, we will.
For now, let's just say that summaries never give the story justice. A lot of things in those summaries are not mentioned and a lot of things look different when you know the story of the entire chapter 3.
NayraelAug 22, 2009 12:41 PM
Sep 4, 2009 1:51 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to above post:

Sep 4, 2009 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
This was said before but since the show nears its end, it's time to pray again:

*Prostrate before GDO statue & start praying*

GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 4, 2009 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
Hehe. Good that I wasn't the only one overthinking.
I also hope for Dusty Desert Trails Ending so... *Joins BitchMaster and starts praying*

GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!!
Sep 4, 2009 2:35 PM

Jul 2008
Ah well, guess I could join as well...

NayraelSep 5, 2009 3:48 AM
Sep 6, 2009 3:21 AM

Jun 2007
The duel will likely be at least one episode since the Zahlen Schwestern have to be dealt with.. that alone is at least an ep I think.

Wouldn't mind a Dusty Trails ending w/ Cal + Reiji getting a little further and uninterrupted by the Zahlen Schwestern, but unlikely w/ TV Tokyo being too censored for most things...

LadyOrihime said:
For some reason, I think it's going to be a mix of the endings. My first hint of this is that the promo picture of Elen and Cal gives away too much; you know what's going to happen. My second hint, is that we are on episode 22...we have 5 more episodes left, and unless they play on dragging out the duel scene for 3 or 4 episodes, then there is a lot that can happen in those 5 episodes.

Mentar said:

I have to disagree. Maybe I'm biased because Elen is my favorite character, but I want her to live and be able to go to her homeland, like Reiji promised.

Plus, I don't want an ending where Reiji goes back to being what he hated. That's not a victory. The most "complete" ending, IMO, is Elen's

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sep 6, 2009 11:09 AM

Sep 2009
I'm crossing my fingers for Road of the Cerulean Sky ending. Because
Sep 25, 2009 5:11 AM

Jul 2008
Cherry Blossoms and Dusty Desert summaries will be updated once ep26 is subbed.
Sep 25, 2009 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
Anime didn't follow any VN endings> LMAO =_=
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 26, 2009 2:54 PM

May 2009
kerobear said:
Anime didn't follow any VN endings> LMAO =_=

AiritoizzySep 27, 2009 5:10 AM

Sep 26, 2009 3:37 PM

Mar 2008
My scroll wheel broke.
Sep 26, 2009 11:28 PM

Jun 2009
Well either way i'm not happy with the ending.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 28, 2009 6:15 AM

Jul 2008
CBA and DDT summaries posted.
Sep 28, 2009 6:35 AM

Jan 2008
Please post Ending IX: Road to Carulean Sky summary 'cuz I guess it differs a bit from the anime and I would like to see those differences.
Jun 17, 2010 8:26 PM
Jun 2010
I have a very, very important question. Is there a translated uncensored version? What media players do you guys use to play the game? I just got the PC version of Phantom of Inferno and I tried the game on WMP11 and MPC - more than 50% of the time the background pics don't show................
Jun 18, 2010 1:53 AM

Jul 2008
I use MPc with K Lite Codec Pack installed.
Jul 10, 2012 4:01 PM

Nov 2007
reading this is pretty interesting. I wish Claudia got more development in the anime. Wow all her endings are really sad. I liked her too.

How did the game make Lizzie so ugly? Wow.
Apr 21, 2014 8:31 AM

Oct 2013
I read in a forum that there was an 18+ english patch for the PC version. is this true?
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
Apr 21, 2014 8:36 AM

Jul 2008
louigel017 said:
I read in a forum that there was an 18+ english patch for the PC version. is this true?

AFAIK, the only translated version is the one you run like a movie and I don't think it is even possible to patch that one. Maybe you heard it for some other VN (many have such patches)?
Jul 11, 2014 4:18 AM
Jun 2009
Dusty Trails is absolutely the best ending and they really should have incorporated it into the anime. They could easily change a few things to make it more complete.

Anime ending just was not satisfying and really missed the mark in regards to the theme of getting back what was lost.
Jul 30, 2014 11:22 AM

Dec 2013
This series was freakin absolutely awesome until the very end. So i am going to forget how Cal died. Forget what happened to Reiji and forget the four petaled flower. Because WTF. Like for real. WTF. The last 2 episodes literally disappeared from my memory due to immense trauma.

I will do you justice. This is how it ended in my head (this is all my imagination and it is original, feel free to imagine the scenes that of how i imagined it to end):

Cal and Reiji duels. Reiji slowly walks towards Cal while the music is playing while Cal shouts to him "What are you doing?" Reiji then picks up the pace as the song is almost over and as Cal draws out her gun on the last note of the song, Reiji full body embraces her and holds her there while her hand is holding the gun up high. Tears streaming down Cal's face as Reiji hugs her tightly repeating "Sorry, I am so so sorry." He grits his teeth with tears streaming down his face, "If you have to, then please kill me. I deserve it. I really thought you were killed in the explosion. If I had known... I would have looked to the ends of the Earth. I'm the worst, because of me, you have killed and killed. I am truly sorry that I abandoned you. I'd never have left if I hadn't thought you were dead." Cal, still with tears streaming down her face buries her face into Reiji's shoulder as she says "I love you Reiji, I have always wanted to be with you and will be your partner, we promised remember? Please don't leave me again." Reiji with his eyes closed whispers to her "Never, I promise will I ever leave you again."

Suddenly Elen bursts through the church doors, "Hurry! Scythe Master is here with 6 of his new creations, new Phantoms, with no emotion and without a will of their own." Cal and Reiji each picks up a gun.

[Normal Route]
They kill off all the 6 Phantoms that Scythe Master brought with him ending with Elen and Reiji along with Cal shooting the Scythe Master multiple times as his last phantom puppet is shot down, "This can't be... my perfect creations can't lose to these emotional pieces of trash!!!" *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* Scythe Master falls back with 3 holes in his head while a feather slowly lands onto his palm. Elen and Reiji then start living together happily. Later scene reveals that Lizzie whom was thought to be killed by Cal actually survived that shot and she later forgives Cal when Cal breaks down in tears begging for her forgiveness. Then they live together happily reminding Cal of the good old days when she lived with Judy. =The End=

[Harem Route]
They kill off all the 6 Phantoms that Scythe Master brought with him ending with Elen and Reiji along with Cal shooting the Scythe Master multiple times as his last phantom puppet is shot down, "This can't be... my perfect creations can't lose to these emotional pieces of trash!!!" *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* Scythe Master falls back with 3 holes in his head while a feather slowly lands onto his palm. Elen and Reiji then start living together happily with Cal while Mio comes over everyday to hang out with Reiji. Cal makes up with Mio and they both fight everyday over who should cook for Reiji and who gets to feed him while Reiji sighs with Elen giggling watching those two both shoving their spoons into Reiji's mouth. The ending scene shows Reiji sleeping on his bed with Cal and Mio on either sides of him each getting an arm while Elen lies on top of him with her face resting on his chest, slowly fading out with all three of them smiling in their sleep. =The End=

[Yuri Route]
After defeating the 6 phantoms, Reiji is injured by several bullets, and Elen has a knife wound and Cal lies infront of the Scythe Master hands over a bullet wound to her shoulder. Scythe Master slowly pulls out two of his special pistols and points one at Cal while the other one aimed at Elen. Scythe Master throws back his head and laughs into the sky, "HAHAHAHAHA!!! You fools! You think you can win? You're nothing but my creations, my failed lab rats. DIE!!!" As the Scythe Master pulls the trigger for the pistol pointing at Cal first, Reiji musters all the strength that is left in his body and uses his own body to intercept the bullet that would've killed Cal then continues to also intecept the bullet fired from Scythe Master's 2nd gun that is directed at Elen. As Reiji's lifeless body thuds to the ground, both of the girls scream out his name, "REIJII!!!!" Their faces furious with tears, each grabbing the nearest pistol to them and both shooting the Scythe Master in the head at the same time. *BANG* *BANG* -- 3 Months Later -- Cal and Elen have started living together. They swore to always be with each other forever and will protect each other until their last breath. Cal cooks while Elen does the laundry. They both loved Reiji as well as the most precious things to him, and since they both are the most precious things to him, they love each other more than anything. It ends with Cal sleeping in the same bed as Elen in an tight embrace with chests pressed together, both smiling sweetly into their dreams. =The End=

Any of those 3 works for me and they all allow me to sleep in peace at night. Please feel free to use this as your personal ending if you want. Remember, everything is my own opinion so please do not detest me for my imagination.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 23, 2014 6:30 AM
Aug 2014
My favorite is probably Ending III: Vengeful Spirits, I just want Inferno to get trashed by Reiji.

I would had loved the Ending VII: From atop the Hill if it isn't ReijiXClaudia, and that Reiji doesn't love Claudia. That bitch does not deserve any love.
Jan 6, 2017 10:36 AM

Apr 2015
Is there any Elen x Reiji happy ending???
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Jan 8, 2017 7:13 PM

Jul 2008
nearbaskara said:

The Reiji x Elen ending in the game lacks the bit from the Anime where Reiji is killed by the mysterious assassin, so that one would be classified as the happy ending. Not sure if it was changed in the X-Box version though (which has several changes from the original release).
Jan 9, 2017 2:38 AM

Apr 2015
Nayrael said:
nearbaskara said:

The Reiji x Elen ending in the game lacks the bit from the Anime where Reiji is killed by the mysterious assassin, so that one would be classified as the happy ending. Not sure if it was changed in the X-Box version though (which has several changes from the original release).

so there's no ending that they live together? I thought I would play the game if there was.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Sep 12, 2017 10:10 AM
Jul 2014
Nayrael said:
Ending XI: Dusty Desert Trail

----------------------------------------------------------------

Where is the "road of whatever" ending LOL, that's one of the biggest ones and you didnt mention it LOL

Road to Carulean Sky? Isn't that one of the Chapter 3 endings? Those endings will be posted once the series ends.

By far my favorite ending. Cal and Reiji don't kill each other. That's all I wanted.
Sep 12, 2017 10:11 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh, all the images disappeared. Maybe I should remake this post on tumblr and link to it there. May even include the remastered images.
Sep 16, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2014
Hi! I'm after watching anime and I was unfulfilled of path that anime was going. I mean, Elen was for me the last one I would choose. I was courious about another routes and I come here. Thank your for tl:dr alternative endings and truly I love the most Reiji x Cal. Now when I have read thier happy ending I'm gladly and can walk to another anime without bitterness after watched this one.
Thank you for your work!
A bit sad that I can't saw the imagies, but still thank a lof of for telling me about Reiji x Cel routes (aswell Clau & Mio).
Apr 17, 2018 12:48 PM

Aug 2014
Xaven said:
Hi! I'm after watching anime and I was unfulfilled of path that anime was going. I mean, Elen was for me the last one I would choose. I was courious about another routes and I come here. Thank your for tl:dr alternative endings and truly I love the most Reiji x Cal. Now when I have read thier happy ending I'm gladly and can walk to another anime without bitterness after watched this one.
Thank you for your work!
A bit sad that I can't saw the imagies, but still thank a lof of for telling me about Reiji x Cel routes (aswell Clau & Mio).

Same here, brother, same here. Cal is my favorite character along with Lizzie. I wished Cal survived in the anime, but it was handled so badly. Am I the only one who thinks Cal died because of a stupid misunderstanding and Reiji not being able to fucking tell her "I thought you died"?
I am so bitter about Reiji killing Cal, as if that was the only possible conclusion he could have reached.
Broke my heart to know Cal was dragged into this mess by Reiji AND Elen (since she killed Judy) and then when she was killed by Reiji, it was like he abandoned her all over again. Like Mio said, "she has no one to TALK to" That's right Reiji, all she needed was someone to talk to, not fucking shoot her.

Ahaha, sorry, I am ranting a bit here, the conclusion of her arc in the anime just pissed me off.
Apr 17, 2018 1:26 PM

Jul 2008
Ankylar said:
Xaven said:
Thank you for your work!

Same here, brother, same here. Cal is my favorite character along with Lizzie. I wished Cal survived in the anime, but it was handled so badly. Am I the only one who thinks Cal died because of a stupid misunderstanding and Reiji not being able to fucking tell her "I thought you died"?
I am so bitter about Reiji killing Cal, as if that was the only possible conclusion he could have reached.
Broke my heart to know Cal was dragged into this mess by Reiji AND Elen (since she killed Judy) and then when she was killed by Reiji, it was like he abandoned her all over again. Like Mio said, "she has no one to TALK to" That's right Reiji, all she needed was someone to talk to, not fucking shoot her.

Ahaha, sorry, I am ranting a bit here, the conclusion of her arc in the anime just pissed me off.

It was definitely all Reiji's fault. She even gave him the chance to explain himself. But no, he thought that she was like him and Elen, and that she was all depressed about becoming an assassin (when in reality she loved becoming one - unlike them, she was born and raised in the criminal underworld so her moral compass was always different).

I guess this is why I don't like Elen's route. It's the full tragedy, and both Reiji and Elen give up so much of their humanity that it's hard to even be happy about them.

By the way, if you want images with summary, I recreated most of the summaries (minus Cal route as I haven't yet found time for it...) and they can be found HERE
Apr 17, 2018 2:08 PM

Aug 2014
Nayrael said:
Ankylar said:

It was definitely all Reiji's fault. She even gave him the chance to explain himself. But no, he thought that she was like him and Elen, and that she was all depressed about becoming an assassin (when in reality she loved becoming one - unlike them, she was born and raised in the criminal underworld so her moral compass was always different).

I guess this is why I don't like Elen's route. It's the full tragedy, and both Reiji and Elen give up so much of their humanity that it's hard to even be happy about them.

By the way, if you want images with summary, I recreated most of the summaries (minus Cal route as I haven't yet found time for it...) and they can be found HERE

Yeah, she definitely gave him a chance, but he said the wrong damn thing and she punched him and set her down a path she could not stray from anymore.

Thanks for writing up these summaries. Will check it out. I have a lot of VNs on my list to play and no time in which to do so, so having these summaries help out. It's very interesting to read the monologues that Cal had in the VN that did not appear in the anime. It really shows how much she was hurt and makes me feel even more sorry for her.
Apr 11, 2019 9:48 PM

Apr 2019
Hi! After watching the anime and because of the ending, I fell into depression. With Urobutcher being as he is, I believe he added that plot twist to the very ending of the last episode, despite it following the Road of the Cerulean Sky vn ending. So yeah, I searched for answers to my questions and ended up here. I have also read your tumblr post. Currently not done reading it but I'll find time but I got the whole gist of it. Really, thank you for making the effort of making the summary of the endings from the vn. Really appreciated it :)

Btw, I have some questions. I hope you can answer them.
1) Did the anime fully or mostly covered the important points of Elen's and Cal's route from the vn's chapter 1 and 2?
2) Basing from the images you posted here and from your tumblr post, it seems you played both the english dvd version (non-H) and the remastered version (also non-H). Or maybe you also played the original vn release (with the H-scenes) and you can read in Japanese? Please correct me here in this hehe.
3) Just curious. Was there an H-scene between Elen and Reiji from the original vn? Or maybe an implied H-scene for them from the non-H vn versions?

Last but not the least, I was really happy that Cal has a happy ending and Elen and Reiji didn't died from the Road of the Cerulean Sky ending (though it's obvious there are happy endings because the original source is the vn, but still I'm happy). I really like both Elen and Cal :)
Apr 12, 2019 11:19 AM

Jul 2008
HimeLilianne said:
Really, thank you for making the effort of making the summary of the endings from the vn. Really appreciated it :)

You are welcome :) I am always happy to see that people still read my summaries... and this reminds me that I still have to remake the summary of Dusty Desert Trail on tumblr...

HimeLilianne said:

1) Did the anime fully or mostly covered the important points of Elen's and Cal's route from the vn's chapter 1 and 2?

Elen's scenes were fully covered. I can't remember much being cut, but a lot more was added with Anime-Original scenes.

Cal's scenes, especially in chapter 2, were trimmed however, which I consider a shame because they explained more about her character. Most notable changes:
- when Reiji met Cal, he pretended to be a Drug Dealer. Cal thought it was extremely cool. This hit home the fact that Cal's childhood was being surrounded by prostitutes and gangsters (and had she normally grown up, she would have become one of these two)
- Cal thought of Phantom as a superhero who murdered the evil mafiosos. This explains why in her own ending she is still an assassin: as long as bad people die and they make sure that good people are spared, being an assassin is ok in Cal's books
- in chapter 3, Cal remembered her childhood from before she fled her abusive father. But I covered this one in the summary of her ending

There are a few more, but I consider these ones to be the most major changes. They all show that Cal is not such a pure child as she looks in Anime, which then explains her character development.

Overall though, the Anime did an excellent job. Not many adaptations are worthy of their source material, but BeeTrain did a good job here (a shame the studio is now basically dead).

HimeLilianne said:

2) Basing from the images you posted here and from your tumblr post, it seems you played both the english dvd version (non-H) and the remastered version (also non-H). Or maybe you also played the original vn release (with the H-scenes) and you can read in Japanese? Please correct me here in this hehe.

I played only the English DVD version as it was the only one translated... and I really, really hope a better version finds itself on Steam someday because playing the DVD version is utter suffering.
But I have explored the other versions so I know most of differences.

HimeLilianne said:

3) Just curious. Was there an H-scene between Elen and Reiji from the original vn? Or maybe an implied H-scene for them from the non-H vn versions?

There are formally two H scenes:
1. The first one is not really a H-scene even if it is classified as such: it's just Reiji treating Elen's wounds and for some reason they made it arousing. It's quite awkward, and the Anime captured the gist of it as I remember
2. Reiji and Elen's real sex scene is in chapter 3, just after you choose Elen's path. Reiji and Elen have sex at the altar in the church, after which Elen leaves and Cal arrives to have a duel with Reiji
Apr 12, 2019 6:50 PM

Apr 2019
Nayrael said:
HimeLilianne said:
Really, thank you for making the effort of making the summary of the endings from the vn. Really appreciated it :)

You are welcome :) I am always happy to see that people still read my summaries... and this reminds me that I still have to remake the summary of Dusty Desert Trail on tumblr...

HimeLilianne said:

Elen's scenes were fully covered. I can't remember much being cut, but a lot more was added with Anime-Original scenes.

Cal's scenes, especially in chapter 2, were trimmed however, which I consider a shame because they explained more about her character. Most notable changes:
- when Reiji met Cal, he pretended to be a Drug Dealer. Cal thought it was extremely cool. This hit home the fact that Cal's childhood was being surrounded by prostitutes and gangsters (and had she normally grown up, she would have become one of these two)
- Cal thought of Phantom as a superhero who murdered the evil mafiosos. This explains why in her own ending she is still an assassin: as long as bad people die and they make sure that good people are spared, being an assassin is ok in Cal's books
- in chapter 3, Cal remembered her childhood from before she fled her abusive father. But I covered this one in the summary of her ending

There are a few more, but I consider these ones to be the most major changes. They all show that Cal is not such a pure child as she looks in Anime, which then explains her character development.

Overall though, the Anime did an excellent job. Not many adaptations are worthy of their source material, but BeeTrain did a good job here (a shame the studio is now basically dead).

HimeLilianne said:

I played only the English DVD version as it was the only one translated... and I really, really hope a better version finds itself on Steam someday because playing the DVD version is utter suffering.

HimeLilianne said:

1. The first one is not really a H-scene even if it is classified as such: it's just Reiji treating Elen's wounds and for some reason they made it arousing. It's quite awkward, and the Anime captured the gist of it as I remember
2. Reiji and Elen's real sex scene is in chapter 3, just after you choose Elen's path. Reiji and Elen have sex at the altar in the church, after which Elen leaves and Cal arrives to have a duel with Reiji

Thank you for the speedy reply. I think I can now at least move on from this masterpiece. Now I just have to find time and finish reading the summaries of the other endings so I can at least give closure to it. And maybe I'll hope that a better english version really comes out in Steam.
May 8, 2019 7:15 PM
May 2019
I actually went and bought the game in a double DVD pack a couple or several years ago off of Amazon, and despite having played it through, I've been wondering as to why the animators went and changed the ending in the anime. I mean, we didn't even get the OW-MY-HEART-In-a-good-way dialogue line from Elen that she says at the very end of the anime's final route: "This is enough." I mean, I understand that the animators were kind of cobbling together all the available routes into one story, and they did a okay job, but still, the anime's ending has me as confused as the day I finished watching it for the first time almost ten years ago... Does anyone have a explaination or analysis for it?
May 8, 2019 7:19 PM
May 2019
HimeLilianne said:
Nayrael said:

Thank you for the speedy reply. I think I can now at least move on from this masterpiece. Now I just have to find time and finish reading the summaries of the other endings so I can at least give closure to it. And maybe I'll hope that a better english version really comes out in Steam.

I hope that the current not-good English version becomes available on steam, so that I don't have to wait for my house's DVD player to become available just to play the story. And HAHA, there. Is. No. Moving. Away. From. Phantom. Especially with that ending, I wouldn't be surprised if people will still be talking about it ten or twenty years down the road. (And considering how its past 20 years for the original game (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, PHANTOM SERIES!") that's likely to happen).
May 8, 2019 7:32 PM

Apr 2019
NumberEinFan said:
I actually went and bought the game in a double DVD pack a couple or several years ago off of Amazon, and despite having played it through, I've been wondering as to why the animators went and changed the ending in the anime. I mean, we didn't even get the OW-MY-HEART-In-a-good-way dialogue line from Elen that she says at the very end of the anime's final route: "This is enough." I mean, I understand that the animators were kind of cobbling together all the available routes into one story, and they did a okay job, but still, the anime's ending has me as confused as the day I finished watching it for the first time almost ten years ago... Does anyone have a explaination or analysis for it?

As far as I know, they changed the ending into a tragic one for the anime. Dunno why, but in my opinion, it's just Urobuchi doing his thing for tragic plot twists. Though I think almost everyone who played/read the synopsis of the game already know that Elen's route is a happy ending.
Jul 11, 2019 12:17 PM
Apr 2014
is there a route where cal is still alive?
Jul 11, 2019 12:21 PM

Jul 2008
adeimam14 said:

The one and only ending where Cal dies is Ein's ending. In both Mio's (Cherry Blossoms Avenue) and Cal's ending (Dusty Desert Trail), she survives. In Claudia's as well.
Sep 13, 2019 1:29 AM

Oct 2014
I don't know why I suddenly remembered this anime and your post that read ages ago.
Not sure if I ever said thanks for it all.

They should make an OVA for the Pimp of Inferno ending.
Sep 20, 2019 11:01 PM
Jul 2017
HimeLilianne said:
NumberEinFan said:

As far as I know, they changed the ending into a tragic one for the anime. Dunno why, but in my opinion, it's just Urobuchi doing his thing for tragic plot twists. Though I think almost everyone who played/read the synopsis of the game already know that Elen's route is a happy ending.

Yeah, that's true! Elen's route is a happy ending! The ending for the anime was total BS, which I think Urobuchi had a hand on it being there. Again, Elen's route and ending is a HAPPY one! Do you think it's BS that the ending for the anime was changed into a tragic one?
Sep 20, 2019 11:07 PM
Jul 2017
Nayrael said:
adeimam14 said:

The one and only ending where Cal dies is Ein's ending. In both Mio's (Cherry Blossoms Avenue) and Cal's ending (Dusty Desert Trail), she survives. In Claudia's as well.

Basically, Cal survives in Mio's ending, her own ending, and Claudia's ending? She only dies in Ein's ending?

Also, you said that you remade Cal's ending summary in your tumblr. Can I see it?
Sep 20, 2019 11:15 PM

Apr 2019
rick1-2 said:
Yeah, that's true! Elen's route is a happy ending! The ending for the anime was total BS, which I think Urobuchi had a hand on it being there. Again, Elen's route and ending is a HAPPY one! Do you think it's BS that the ending for the anime was changed into a tragic one?

Well for me, it's not BS because I have a thing for tragic endings and it's interesting to have a "what if" ending. Though I admit that after I went through the anime ending, I fell into depression and when I learned the truth about Elen's route in which it's a happy end, well, it's a mixture of disappointment and relief.
Sep 21, 2019 1:19 AM
Jul 2017
HimeLilianne said:
rick1-2 said:

Well for me, it's not BS because I have a thing for tragic endings and it's interesting to have a "what if" ending. Though I admit that after I went through the anime ending, I fell into depression and when I learned the truth about Elen's route in which it's a happy end, well, it's a mixture of disappointment and relief.

I see. You learning the truth that Elen's route is a happy ending brought you a mixture of disappointment and relief? I get the relief part since both Reiji and Elen are actually supposed to be alive at the end, but why the disappointment?
Sep 21, 2019 4:33 AM

Apr 2019
rick1-2 said:
I see. You learning the truth that Elen's route is a happy ending brought you a mixture of disappointment and relief? I get the relief part since both Reiji and Elen are actually supposed to be alive at the end, but why the disappointment?

I expected that the Elen route from the vn will also have a tragic end, but nah. But what matters is that I found a hidden gem of a story and had a good time :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

627 by defaulticus »»
Mar 24, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.