Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2009 4:34 AM

Jul 2008
As you may know, "Phantom: ~Requiem for the Phantom~" is an anime adaptation of a Visual Novel called "Phantom of Inferno".
As most visual novels, Phantom has many different endings and paths.

Thus, I have created this topic to summarise all the different endings that can acquired in the game. Summaries written here are written when I am sure that there would be no spoilers for the future plot in anime (so, three endings will get their summaries once the show ends) so unless you plan to play the visual novel eventually (I reccomend you to play it), you can read the posts here without fear of being spoiled.

(If somebody who also played the game finds a mistake, please PM me so that I can fix it)

Ending I: The Endless Nightmare

Ending II: The End of a Long Dream

Ending III: Vengeful Spirits

Ending IV: Southbound

Ending V: Fugitives
NayraelAug 29, 2009 4:31 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 13, 2009 4:36 AM

Jul 2008
Claudia's Route in Chapter 1:
Aug 13, 2009 4:38 AM

Jul 2008
Claudia's Path in Chapter 2:

NayraelAug 29, 2009 3:37 AM
Aug 13, 2009 4:45 AM

Jul 2008
Ending VI: Woman in High Castle

(I planed to post this ending once the anime ended, but seeing how the anime already showed those masked girls in ep18, this ending is now a safe read... besides the fact that you will find out how the team-name of those girls is, tough I doubt that anime will reveal that anyway)
Ending VII: From atop the Hill

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 3 Endings

Ending VIII: Gazing at the Stary Sky
Coming soon

Ending IX: Road to Carulean Sky
Anime is following this path so I don't intend to write a summary for it

Ending X: Cherry Blossoms Avenue
NayraelSep 28, 2009 6:10 AM
Aug 13, 2009 8:30 AM

Jul 2009
Where is the "road of whatever" ending LOL, that's one of the biggest ones and you didnt mention it LOL

Still waiting for the other Cal "true ending", that's the best IMO, along with Reiji's "PIMP king ending". In the PC version, I savour it as the last one after completing the others and in the PS version, that was the only path I bother to complete again.

PS: The Phantom girls were hot but nowhere near as hot as adult Cal. All hail adult Cal !!! Heck, her LOLI version is fine too, a cat is fine too !!
BitchMasterAug 13, 2009 8:44 AM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 13, 2009 8:46 AM

Jul 2008
Ending XI: Dusty Desert Trail

----------------------------------------------------------------

Where is the "road of whatever" ending LOL, that's one of the biggest ones and you didnt mention it LOL

Road to Carulean Sky? Isn't that one of the Chapter 3 endings? Those endings will be posted once the series ends.
NayraelSep 28, 2009 6:11 AM
Aug 13, 2009 11:07 AM

Jun 2009
Hahha i was expecting a
eren X Reiji perfect ending=]

Thanks for making this thread though
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Aug 13, 2009 1:22 PM

Jan 2008
at least later on it will be possible to get a happy ending with her... after they both suffered a great deal.

That's because you can be truthfuly happy only when you've suffered enough... Or something like that. I'm still hoping for Cal's ending in the anime.

By the way great that you've made this topic, still I'm gonna play the VN.
Aug 13, 2009 8:20 PM

Jun 2007
I call the 'Atop the Hill' ending the 'Boss Reiji' ending.

Southbound is an incomplete continuation to Chapter 3 if you screw up.

Fugitives ending I found to be the longest to get to, since you have to screw up Ein choices in Chapter 1.

As I said, doesn't Lizzie in the VN look like Grace Jones (like Mayday from A View to a Kill)?
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 13, 2009 8:33 PM

Jun 2007
Managed to find info on all firearms in the VN except on Lizzie's firearm...

Since the DVD subtitling was weird, it gave the name/nickname of harboler or something like that...

Warning for Elen..
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 20, 2009 9:22 AM

Jul 2009
*Prostrate before GDO statue & start praying*

GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!!

Aug 20, 2009 9:40 AM

Jul 2008
Indeed bro, me also wants "Dusty Desert Trail" ending! Not just because of Cal, but also because of Ellen! She is far more awesome in that ending then she is in her own. And don't let me get started on how thats the only ending that actually feels like it fits the story.

NayraelAug 20, 2009 9:54 AM
Aug 20, 2009 10:01 AM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:
Indeed bro, me also wants "Dusty Desert Trail" ending! Not just because of Cal, but also because of Ellen! She is far more awesome in that ending then she is in her own. And don't let me get started on how thats the only ending that actually feels like it fits the story.

LOL for your spoiler ;D Well, I did witness that ending due to me wanting to 100% complete the game, but that's just BS IMO. And I have no idea which ending fit or what not for the story & I dun care about Ein... AT ALL, maybe a tiny bit due to her rarity as the emotionless type girl destined to win the male lead at the end which is superduper rare & since I like to collect MC X [insert girl's type] endings hence why she intersted me as mere collection materials ;p

Other than that, I NEVER like nor hate her but I'm BORED of her & I <3 my heart out for Cal. As you can guess, the reason I beg so desperately is only because of my UNLIMITED love for Cal, her upbringing & *cough*the smex scenes in her path*cough*, nothing else matters to me other than her end up with Reiji, not even the plot... If I can get Cal X Reiji, they can screw the plot however they want: Make Scythe Master X Mr. McWire or Mio X Ein, the Zahlen Schwestern being the bosses of Inferno... for all I care ;p

Aug 20, 2009 10:07 AM

Jul 2008
abrasicu, you changed your nickname?! :-O

Well, can't disagree with the fact that Ein is boring more often then not. A hell, I don't like the entire chapter 1 because she bores me.
Tough still, I do wish for a good ending for her as well and the good plot end. And I am seriously glad to see that my favourite Phantom girl got the honor of having the best ending in every possible field.
Aug 20, 2009 10:29 AM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:
abrasicu, you changed your nickname?! :-O

Yup, A-BRAt-Seek-CUes now evolves into Master of Bitch, isnt it awesome ? ;)

Aug 20, 2009 3:00 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I'm 90% sure that they will take the Cal ending template (Dusty Desert Trails) at least. It has the epic showdown, and it can still be modified to end with any girl. Come on, everyone is waiting for Elen-Cal. It HAS to happen. In it, Mio also has a significant _active_ influence in the ending (while her efforts are in vain in the Ein template).

And if you're asking me for my preference: Both the Elen and Cal endings are excellent, and the Mio ending is also enjoyable. I guess Cal's ending is simply most "complete", and gives the biggest feeling of accomplishment and victory in the end.
Aug 20, 2009 3:03 PM

Jul 2008
Come on, everyone is waiting for Elen-Cal. It HAS to happen.

Well, we did get a poster in which the two girls are having a catfight. Thats actually what makes me most optimistic.
Aug 20, 2009 3:07 PM
Jun 2008
I never played the game, so what was that ending in the OAV about then? You know, where

No, seriously.
Aug 20, 2009 3:10 PM

Jul 2008
OVA-only ending.
And both Ein and Scyhte survived the falling rocks as you can see after the credits.

The OVA didn't really follow the storyline to begin with so it didn't use any of the endings (all endings before chapter 3 have already been posted by me above)
Aug 20, 2009 3:15 PM
Jun 2008
Nayrael said:
OVA-only ending.
And both Ein and Scyhte survived the falling rocks as you can see after the credits.

The OVA didn't really follow the storyline to begin with so it didn't use any of the endings (all endings before chapter 3 have already been posted by me above)

Goddamnit! I didn't stick around for after the credits >_> That was one of the reasons I wasn't enthusiastic about watching this--I thought the OAV ending was like the "main ending" like how Clannad has a "main ending". I kept thinking Ein was going to bite it and kept saying to myself, "Why am I watching this?"

For me things are only now really picking up (on episode 16). I'm thinking that if Bee Train wants to be Bee Train, they go with The End of a Long Dream or Vengeful Spirits.
Aug 20, 2009 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
Goddamnit! I didn't stick around for after the credits >_> That was one of the reasons I wasn't enthusiastic about watching this--I thought the OAV ending was like the "main ending" like how Clannad has a "main ending". I kept thinking Ein was going to bite it and kept saying to myself, "Why am I watching this?"

There are five main (true) endings in Phantom actually, two of which you can find above ("Woman in High Castle" and "From Attop the Hill" - if you haven't read them, read after you completed watching ep19).

For me things are only now really picking up (on episode 16). I'm thinking that if Bee Train wants to be Bee Train, they go with The End of a Long Dream or Vengeful Spirits.

Beetrain is actualy doing more then justice to the series. For a long time now, I had no complaints at them handling Phantom and actually tought that they improved quite a lot as anime was airing.
NayraelAug 20, 2009 3:33 PM
Aug 21, 2009 4:41 PM

Jun 2007
Personally, I hope the anime will go the 'Dusty Trails' ending. I found 'Cerulean Sky' and 'Cherry Blossom Avenue' a little boring.

Mentar said:
Well, I'm 90% sure that they will take the Cal ending template (Dusty Desert Trails) at least. It has the epic showdown, and it can still be modified to end with any girl. Come on, everyone is waiting for Elen-Cal. It HAS to happen. In it, Mio also has a significant _active_ influence in the ending (while her efforts are in vain in the Ein template).

And if you're asking me for my preference: Both the Elen and Cal endings are excellent, and the Mio ending is also enjoyable. I guess Cal's ending is simply most "complete", and gives the biggest feeling of accomplishment and victory in the end.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 22, 2009 7:24 AM

Jan 2009
For some reason, I think it's going to be a mix of the endings. My first hint of this is that the promo picture of Elen and Cal gives away too much; you know what's going to happen. My second hint, is that we are on episode 22...we have 5 more episodes left, and unless they play on dragging out the duel scene for 3 or 4 episodes, then there is a lot that can happen in those 5 episodes.

Mentar said:

I have to disagree. Maybe I'm biased because Elen is my favorite character, but I want her to live and be able to go to her homeland, like Reiji promised.

Plus, I don't want an ending where Reiji goes back to being what he hated. That's not a victory. The most "complete" ending, IMO, is Elen's

Aug 22, 2009 7:38 AM

Jul 2008
Please, don't use wikipedia as a source. As I said already, that thing doesn't explain things quite well and creates a lot of misinformation (I remember how I needed to change the entire "Cherry Blossoms Avenue" ending summary becauee it was all but a summary of that ending).
Aug 22, 2009 7:51 AM

Jan 2009
Then can you tell me what about my assessment was wrong? ^_^
Aug 22, 2009 8:05 AM

Jul 2008
Once you complete the game with all three endings, we will.
For now, let's just say that summaries never give the story justice. A lot of things in those summaries are not mentioned and a lot of things look different when you know the story of the entire chapter 3.
NayraelAug 22, 2009 12:41 PM
Sep 4, 2009 1:51 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to above post:

Sep 4, 2009 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
This was said before but since the show nears its end, it's time to pray again:

*Prostrate before GDO statue & start praying*

GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!! GIMME "DUSTY DESERT TRAILS" ENDING !!!

Sep 4, 2009 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
Hehe. Good that I wasn't the only one overthinking.
I also hope for Dusty Desert Trails Ending so... *Joins BitchMaster and starts praying*

Sep 4, 2009 2:35 PM

Jul 2008
Ah well, guess I could join as well...

NayraelSep 5, 2009 3:48 AM
Sep 6, 2009 3:21 AM

Jun 2007
The duel will likely be at least one episode since the Zahlen Schwestern have to be dealt with.. that alone is at least an ep I think.

Wouldn't mind a Dusty Trails ending w/ Cal + Reiji getting a little further and uninterrupted by the Zahlen Schwestern, but unlikely w/ TV Tokyo being too censored for most things...

LadyOrihime said:
For some reason, I think it's going to be a mix of the endings. My first hint of this is that the promo picture of Elen and Cal gives away too much; you know what's going to happen. My second hint, is that we are on episode 22...we have 5 more episodes left, and unless they play on dragging out the duel scene for 3 or 4 episodes, then there is a lot that can happen in those 5 episodes.

Mentar said:

I have to disagree. Maybe I'm biased because Elen is my favorite character, but I want her to live and be able to go to her homeland, like Reiji promised.

Plus, I don't want an ending where Reiji goes back to being what he hated. That's not a victory. The most "complete" ending, IMO, is Elen's

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sep 6, 2009 11:09 AM

Sep 2009
I'm crossing my fingers for Road of the Cerulean Sky ending. Because
Sep 25, 2009 5:11 AM

Jul 2008
Cherry Blossoms and Dusty Desert summaries will be updated once ep26 is subbed.
Sep 25, 2009 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
Anime didn't follow any VN endings> LMAO =_=
Sep 26, 2009 2:54 PM

May 2009
kerobear said:
Anime didn't follow any VN endings> LMAO =_=

AiritoizzySep 27, 2009 5:10 AM

Sep 26, 2009 3:37 PM

Mar 2008
My scroll wheel broke.
Sep 26, 2009 11:28 PM

Jun 2009
Well either way i'm not happy with the ending.
Sep 28, 2009 6:15 AM

Jul 2008
CBA and DDT summaries posted.
Sep 28, 2009 6:35 AM

Jan 2008
Please post Ending IX: Road to Carulean Sky summary 'cuz I guess it differs a bit from the anime and I would like to see those differences.
Jun 17, 2010 8:26 PM
Jun 2010
I have a very, very important question. Is there a translated uncensored version? What media players do you guys use to play the game? I just got the PC version of Phantom of Inferno and I tried the game on WMP11 and MPC - more than 50% of the time the background pics don't show................
Jun 18, 2010 1:53 AM

Jul 2008
I use MPc with K Lite Codec Pack installed.
Jul 10, 2012 4:01 PM

Nov 2007
reading this is pretty interesting. I wish Claudia got more development in the anime. Wow all her endings are really sad. I liked her too.

How did the game make Lizzie so ugly? Wow.
Apr 21, 2014 8:31 AM

Oct 2013
I read in a forum that there was an 18+ english patch for the PC version. is this true?
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
Apr 21, 2014 8:36 AM

Jul 2008
louigel017 said:
I read in a forum that there was an 18+ english patch for the PC version. is this true?

AFAIK, the only translated version is the one you run like a movie and I don't think it is even possible to patch that one. Maybe you heard it for some other VN (many have such patches)?
Jul 11, 2014 4:18 AM
Jun 2009
Dusty Trails is absolutely the best ending and they really should have incorporated it into the anime. They could easily change a few things to make it more complete.

Anime ending just was not satisfying and really missed the mark in regards to the theme of getting back what was lost.
Jul 30, 2014 11:22 AM

Dec 2013
This series was freakin absolutely awesome until the very end. So i am going to forget how Cal died. Forget what happened to Reiji and forget the four petaled flower. Because WTF. Like for real. WTF. The last 2 episodes literally disappeared from my memory due to immense trauma.

I will do you justice. This is how it ended in my head (this is all my imagination and it is original, feel free to imagine the scenes that of how i imagined it to end):

Cal and Reiji duels. Reiji slowly walks towards Cal while the music is playing while Cal shouts to him "What are you doing?" Reiji then picks up the pace as the song is almost over and as Cal draws out her gun on the last note of the song, Reiji full body embraces her and holds her there while her hand is holding the gun up high. Tears streaming down Cal's face as Reiji hugs her tightly repeating "Sorry, I am so so sorry." He grits his teeth with tears streaming down his face, "If you have to, then please kill me. I deserve it. I really thought you were killed in the explosion. If I had known... I would have looked to the ends of the Earth. I'm the worst, because of me, you have killed and killed. I am truly sorry that I abandoned you. I'd never have left if I hadn't thought you were dead." Cal, still with tears streaming down her face buries her face into Reiji's shoulder as she says "I love you Reiji, I have always wanted to be with you and will be your partner, we promised remember? Please don't leave me again." Reiji with his eyes closed whispers to her "Never, I promise will I ever leave you again."

Suddenly Elen bursts through the church doors, "Hurry! Scythe Master is here with 6 of his new creations, new Phantoms, with no emotion and without a will of their own." Cal and Reiji each picks up a gun.

[Normal Route]
They kill off all the 6 Phantoms that Scythe Master brought with him ending with Elen and Reiji along with Cal shooting the Scythe Master multiple times as his last phantom puppet is shot down, "This can't be... my perfect creations can't lose to these emotional pieces of trash!!!" *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* Scythe Master falls back with 3 holes in his head while a feather slowly lands onto his palm. Elen and Reiji then start living together happily. Later scene reveals that Lizzie whom was thought to be killed by Cal actually survived that shot and she later forgives Cal when Cal breaks down in tears begging for her forgiveness. Then they live together happily reminding Cal of the good old days when she lived with Judy. =The End=

[Harem Route]
They kill off all the 6 Phantoms that Scythe Master brought with him ending with Elen and Reiji along with Cal shooting the Scythe Master multiple times as his last phantom puppet is shot down, "This can't be... my perfect creations can't lose to these emotional pieces of trash!!!" *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* Scythe Master falls back with 3 holes in his head while a feather slowly lands onto his palm. Elen and Reiji then start living together happily with Cal while Mio comes over everyday to hang out with Reiji. Cal makes up with Mio and they both fight everyday over who should cook for Reiji and who gets to feed him while Reiji sighs with Elen giggling watching those two both shoving their spoons into Reiji's mouth. The ending scene shows Reiji sleeping on his bed with Cal and Mio on either sides of him each getting an arm while Elen lies on top of him with her face resting on his chest, slowly fading out with all three of them smiling in their sleep. =The End=

[Yuri Route]
After defeating the 6 phantoms, Reiji is injured by several bullets, and Elen has a knife wound and Cal lies infront of the Scythe Master hands over a bullet wound to her shoulder. Scythe Master slowly pulls out two of his special pistols and points one at Cal while the other one aimed at Elen. Scythe Master throws back his head and laughs into the sky, "HAHAHAHAHA!!! You fools! You think you can win? You're nothing but my creations, my failed lab rats. DIE!!!" As the Scythe Master pulls the trigger for the pistol pointing at Cal first, Reiji musters all the strength that is left in his body and uses his own body to intercept the bullet that would've killed Cal then continues to also intecept the bullet fired from Scythe Master's 2nd gun that is directed at Elen. As Reiji's lifeless body thuds to the ground, both of the girls scream out his name, "REIJII!!!!" Their faces furious with tears, each grabbing the nearest pistol to them and both shooting the Scythe Master in the head at the same time. *BANG* *BANG* -- 3 Months Later -- Cal and Elen have started living together. They swore to always be with each other forever and will protect each other until their last breath. Cal cooks while Elen does the laundry. They both loved Reiji as well as the most precious things to him, and since they both are the most precious things to him, they love each other more than anything. It ends with Cal sleeping in the same bed as Elen in an tight embrace with chests pressed together, both smiling sweetly into their dreams. =The End=

Any of those 3 works for me and they all allow me to sleep in peace at night. Please feel free to use this as your personal ending if you want. Remember, everything is my own opinion so please do not detest me for my imagination.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 23, 2014 6:30 AM
Aug 2014
My favorite is probably Ending III: Vengeful Spirits, I just want Inferno to get trashed by Reiji.

I would had loved the Ending VII: From atop the Hill if it isn't ReijiXClaudia, and that Reiji doesn't love Claudia. That bitch does not deserve any love.
Jan 6, 2017 10:36 AM

Apr 2015
Is there any Elen x Reiji happy ending???
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Jan 8, 2017 7:13 PM

Jul 2008
nearbaskara said:

The Reiji x Elen ending in the game lacks the bit from the Anime where Reiji is killed by the mysterious assassin, so that one would be classified as the happy ending. Not sure if it was changed in the X-Box version though (which has several changes from the original release).
Jan 9, 2017 2:38 AM

Apr 2015
Nayrael said:
nearbaskara said:

The Reiji x Elen ending in the game lacks the bit from the Anime where Reiji is killed by the mysterious assassin, so that one would be classified as the happy ending. Not sure if it was changed in the X-Box version though (which has several changes from the original release).

so there's no ending that they live together? I thought I would play the game if there was.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

627 by defaulticus »»
Mar 24, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.