Must be a Club Member to Reply
08-12-09, 2:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Here are a few simple guidelines for making C&A (the Comics & Animation section of Yahoo! Answers) into a better place. Chances are, most of us do this already, but at any rate, the general guidelines will be re-listed here to make it more clear.
1. Pick a Best Answer for your Questions, Surveys, Polls, etc.
- By not picking B.A., it's far too easy for cheaters to cheat. Even for those who simply don't deserve B.A., leaving a question to voting makes it too easy for them to receive one by voting themselves in.
2. Report cheaters.
- Simple as that. When you report, just write the reason(s) "abusing Y!A point system", or something along those lines, so Y!A can pinpoint exactly why you are reporting them.
3. Report trolls if you suspect one.
- NEVER answer or respond to their questions with any kind of answer (rude, sarcastic, indifferent, etc.) whatsoever. Anyone who makes ignorant/controversial Q&A in an attempt to cause attention should NOT be responded to.
- You can either ignore the question or simply report it and leave. You should know that the more answers it receives, the harder it will be for the question to be reported.
4. Report or Ignore questions that have been misplaced in the C&A section.
- You can answer them if you know the answer but don't respond if you are just going to say "wrong section", or if you are going to respond with a rude/inappropriate comment. That includes "hated" questions such as Twilight, Jonas Brothers and so on.
- Please take into consideration that Y!A tends to misplace questions. If you answer or give more response to the misplaced question, Y!A will take it as a sign that they are choosing the right category for that particular type of question. Therefore, this type of question will be misplaced in C&A over and over again.
5. Don't be intentionally rude to any of the users on Y!A.
- Yes, we all have our new regs // old regs bias. However, C&A could be a much nicer place if we didn't focus on who's new and who's old but instead simply on who we get along with and who we don't.
Please post the link of this thread in your Yahoo!Answers profile. It'll help other members and users know what they should do when facing the above problems.
You can also link this in your sources box when answering any question in C&A, regardless of its relevance to the question/answer. That way everyone (including those that you don't consider as a regular) that uses the C&A section will know what they should do to reduce the problem in C&A.
Types of Cheaters and Trolls
Stage 1. Cheaters::
1. Two pointers. People who answer questions poorly for the mere sake of gaining two points but don't vote themselves B.A.
2. Those who copy other people's answers.
3. Those who thumb down the persons who deserves B.A. to make it seem as though their answer is less worthy of receiving said B.A.
Stage 2. Cheaters::
1. Those who give good/decent answers but still vote on multiple accounts.
2. Those who answer unanswered questions poorly but end up being the only candidate for B.A.
Stage 3. Cheaters::
1. Those who have multiple accounts to vote themselves B.A.
2. Those who report other people's answers without justification to raise their chances in getting B.A. and to lower the threat of the other answerer.
3. Those who make multiple accounts to ask questions then use their main account to answer them and get chosen as B.A.
Stage 4. Cheaters::
1. Those who combine two or more of the above. Eg. Awesome does "1.1", "2.2", "1.3", and "3.1".
** The colors represent the stage and severity of the cheater. (As you can see above, green is not as serious while red is very serious). **
Modified by ProjectR2009, 08-13-09, 5:29 AM