Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2009 4:36 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Its bad that Sasuke has joined the darkside but I was annoyed at how pathetic Sakura was in this episode I know she "loves" him but its only because of his looks and to see her beg like she did was sickening.

Jan 5, 2010 8:19 AM

Sep 2009
I agree that she has a bit of a shallow crush (although to say it's only because of his looks would be a bit much imo)... but I have to disagree about her being pathetic and sickening. Anyway, Sasuke was worse, if you ask me.
WhatsifsowhatsitJan 5, 2010 9:25 AM
Apr 12, 2010 6:22 PM
Apr 2010
I just want to know what does Sakura mean when she said that she will sasuke happy? Love Naruto and the guys on this anime. The girls are a bit to obssesed with guys and their looks. I thought that since they were all ninja that could have been a bit more tom-boyish and that te could hold their own in a fight and not depend on the guys on their team to fight for them. perfect example: naruto and sasuke always have to defend sakura.
Oct 9, 2010 10:14 PM

Oct 2008
REJECTEDDD.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 15, 2010 1:59 PM

Sep 2010
Wow :/
Dec 10, 2010 4:01 AM

Jul 2007
The bonds are severed.

I remember this episode as being one of the most memorable episodes in the series. Very depressing. Because of sasuske's decision to leave Konoho and part with sakura, naruto and kakashi. We all kind of knew he had doubts bout staying with them from the start. He has shown through out the show that he was always thinking bout his brother and about if he knows what he wants in life. Because deep down he wants revenge for itachi killing his family.

And so sasuske, finally walks his own path set out before him.

Sakura surely loves him and wants him to stay. Its very apparent but her speech wasnt enough. She understands nothing bout solitude and wanting revenge so she can't possibly get him to change his mind just because of love. "sorry sakura"

In any case, its this incident alone that makes sakura much stronger, physically and emotionally. Love doesn't consume her and she realizes what she must really do in order to protect her close friends.
ArtimesGamerApr 27, 2011 6:25 AM

Apr 27, 2011 8:27 PM

Jun 2009
It's threads like this that make me realize how dumb the general population is on this website. It was obvious that she was sincere, though I do agree with Link9us that Sakura could never completely relate to Sasuke and his troubles and she certainly went in the wrong direction but, well, she was desperate and desperate people do stupid things.

I wonder how this is going to affect Naruto and Kakashi, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 27, 2011 8:48 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
It's threads like this that make me realize how dumb the general population is on this website. It was obvious that she was sincere, though I do agree with Link9us that Sakura could never completely relate to Sasuke and his troubles and she certainly went in the wrong direction but, well, she was desperate and desperate people do stupid things.

Yeah i know, everyone just focuses on sakura being the most annoying figure in the anime. She HAS feelings for god sakes. What do they expect her to be, a zombie with no feelings. Its obvious her relationship with sasuske was very strong from the start and she loved him. She was scared, frightened at the thought of sauske leaving for ever. She just didn't know what to say, to change his mind. Though sasuske did say "thank you" at the end so he does care for her words. Because after all sauske always been alone and having someone to think your accepted and recognized in life is a great thing. Considering how horrible sasuske's past was. Im not sure if they if t hey revealed it yet in this episode. If not ill keep my mouth shut bout it.

Apr 27, 2011 10:18 PM

Jan 2008
link9us said:
Yeah i know, everyone just focuses on sakura being the most annoying figure in the anime. She HAS feelings for god sakes. What do they expect her to be, a zombie with no feelings. Its obvious her relationship with sasuske was very strong from the start and she loved him. She was scared, frightened at the thought of sauske leaving for ever. She just didn't know what to say, to change his mind. Though sasuske did say "thank you" at the end so he does care for her words. Because after all sauske always been alone and having someone to think your accepted and recognized in life is a great thing. Considering how horrible sasuske's past was. Im not sure if they if t hey revealed it yet in this episode. If not ill keep my mouth shut bout it.

I wouldn't say she loves him. At least not from the start. I think it started out as a childish crush that she naively believes is love but as time goes on she grows to really like him. (I hope you get what I mean.)
Jul 6, 2011 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
So Sasuke's left. Sakura was a bit annoying but... I didn't expected her to say that she loves him. :o
I'm wondering what will happen next~
Nov 24, 2011 12:34 AM
Apr 2011
I'm surprised at the amount of sakura hate in this thread. I don't think she's a bad character, it's just that 90% of the time she isn't given anything to do.

And she did get some interesting material in this episode. Her trying to confide in Naruto, confronting Sasuke, having him reject her like that...I mean, damn, that's cold.
Mar 21, 2012 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
his episode proves that sasuke could be a badass when he wants to be.
Jun 7, 2012 3:45 AM
Aug 2009
Yes Sakura can be a annoying at times but she just wanted Sasuke to stay and tried to in the only way she knew but unfortunately its not reason that Sasuke listens to. Another thing finally she tells Naruto about the curse. Maybe if she had told him about this sooner he may have been able to do something, considering that he and Sasuke are in some ways similar
May 19, 2013 12:46 PM
Dec 2011
Poor Sakura... How sad. But at lest he acknowledged her and say thank you and not just kept walking like I thought he would have. Maybe hes not a complete jerk lol. It will be interesting to see what will happen next. Also, I wish Sakura had a mentor like naruto and sasuke. I know whats his name is kindof like her mentor too but he only focuses on Sasuke. It seems like she never does much.
May 22, 2013 1:09 AM

Jul 2007
Level-X said:
I'm interested to see how Sasuke turns out. But man... Sakura was super annoying. Give it up already. XD

Had you not watched Shippuuden before creating this comment, you probably would of never said she was annoying :P

Sep 14, 2013 1:52 AM
May 2013
sasuke is weak for leaving konoha, no sense of loyalty foe hi village smh...hope naruto kicks his ass in later episodes...but i mean it is interesting that he went with orochimaru, i wonder what kind of power he will recieve from him and the new jutsu's!!! i cant wait lol...sasuke totally changed the game with his decision!!! and we need more episodes with the akatski and itachi!!!
Mar 27, 2014 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
Alicia3000 said:
Its bad that Sasuke has joined the darkside but I was annoyed at how pathetic Sakura was in this episode I know she "loves" him but its only because of his looks and to see her beg like she did was sickening.

i mostly agree...her obsession with him is pretty disturbing. out of all the anime i've seen so far, sakura might be my least favorite character at this point. over 100 episodes in and she hasn't progressed much. for the most part, she doesn't really seem to have any independent motivation at all (aside from being obsessed with sasuke). although she did have some development during the chunin exams, she's still pretty weak as a character...

but who knows, maybe sakura will finally develop some independence now that she won't have sasuke to cling to all the time (hopefully)..
Jul 27, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Lol I watched this without full screen and it was kind of funny seeing my wallpaper with Itachi while Sasuke was talking about revenge and then knocking Sakura out too ^_^
Aug 6, 2014 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, pretty sentimental episode. I remember it quite well.
Well, we can see in the end that Sasuke does have feelings for Sakura (and for the rest of the team I guess) when he says "Sakura,... Arigato", but those feelings weren't nearly enough to make him stay...
Well, all I know is that one of the best parts of this anime will start in the next episode and that it's gonna be EPICCCCCCCC!
Aug 19, 2014 7:31 AM
May 2012
*sigh* Sasuke, why, just why. *sigh*
This will change everything now.
Sakura loves Sasuke so much that I can feel Naruto's pain if he saw that scene </3

link9us said:
insan3soldiern said:

Agreed.
Some people just can't understand this because they just look at the characters, as you know, just characters.
They don't understand that these characters are like us, too, with feelings.
Watching this episode now that I already know the truth about Itachi makes me.....I don't know, man.
Well, let's move on!
Feb 12, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
Rewatching!

What a heartbreaking episode :( I really feel for Sakura and Sasuke!
Apr 19, 2015 5:32 PM

Apr 2015
This episode omg! Where to begin?
I feel really bad for Sakura because, as always, Sasuke rejected her and her help.
This is an extremely important episode in this series because it shows finally Sasuke's turn to the dark side
Aug 17, 2015 4:34 AM

Jan 2011
If we were discussing Sakura's feelings at the beginning of the anime, then yeah, I'd say they were pretty shallow.
But in this episode? No way.
Think about it -- they've been together, working together, training together for a while now. It's far beyond a crush considering Sakura has been around Sasuke long enough to know who he is now. She has watched him grow over time and I think she meant it when she said she loved him. She didn't want Naruto walking her home because she knew something wasn't right with Sasuke..that's exactly why she caught up to him just as he was leaving the village. She also remembers vividly the moments they have shared together. She is the one character that gives Sasuke what he has had missing for so long in his life -- love.
Sure, she's not as strong as Sasuke or Naruto but she is a wise character that has developed during the series. If you pay attention, she often acts as a foil character for Naruto and Sasuke, too.
Jul 1, 2016 3:15 PM
Jun 2016
Sasuke, dude, come on man. why you have to be an asshole like this.
Oct 10, 2016 11:12 AM
Aug 2016
Only way to Sasuke become stronger than Naruto is a left village :) meet news ppl and lear new skill
Apr 3, 2017 10:33 AM

Dec 2016
This whole series would've been so much better if Sakura had just killed herself after Sasuke left
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 8, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2012
Oh damn that ending! Pretty interesting character development! Let's see what's going to happen with Sasuke next!
May 5, 2018 5:02 PM
Aug 2014
Bye Sasuke, you won't be missed.
Mar 9, 2019 6:09 PM

Mar 2016
Sakura's confession was awkward to watch, but I loved how Sasuke said "Thank you".
Good episode.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jul 26, 2019 6:17 AM

Mar 2015
Hahah fuck Sasuke he's pathetic anyway
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 1, 2019 11:46 AM

Mar 2019
Damn.I knew this moment would come cus I know some things from Shippuden,but I didn't expect it to be this emotional.I expected that Sasuke would just walk alone to Orochimaru and he would just leave the village without telling someone this.Didn't expect Sakura to go there and definitely didn't expect Sasuke to fucking hit her in the neck and sayinh "Arigatou"??What was that "thank you" for? Sasuke is too edgy and kind of stretched in terms of character.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 25, 2020 6:20 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
"Excuse me? There was just an invasion and I think I hear some yelling and fighting nearby. I'm very concerned by this and I think someone should check that shit out," said apparently no one in the nearby buildings during Sasuke's scuffle with the Sound Four.
Additionally, I know they lost some people, but security sure seems light in Konoha for a place that was just invaded. Potential threats just come and go pretty easily. Jesus. Even with that, Naruto still manages to be pretty entertaining.

Meanwhile, come on Sakura, you're trying to force yourself to be something more to Sasuke. No means no. Move on. Sasuke ain't nothin' anyway. ...Sigh, I say this but I already know the result.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 23, 2020 6:46 PM
Aug 2020
did sakura actualy thought she could change sasuke's mind? like, when she said "if you leave, I will be alone" he must have thought something like idc just be alone then. She's obsessed with someone that feels LITERALY NOTHING for her, and she thinks she has a chance with him. kinda sad.
Jan 28, 2021 10:55 AM

May 2020
Worth a try lol. I mean, in the terms of 'lonely' it would mean more in a sense of 'friendship' rather than 'romantic' and Sasuke still has some feelings for his friends left so it could go either way but ultimately it didn't succeed. But yeah Sakura's a big simp in another meaning.

I wonder what would've happened if she did screamed though hmmm...
Feb 22, 2021 4:56 PM

Dec 2007
those who says sakura loves sakura loves sasuke only from admiration, i think it's long time not the case, the time she spent with him in the group had changed that to much more than likeness, any you can see that in this episode. poor sakura.

on the other hand, sasuke chose that path only because 'til team 7 he was living only for the purpose of revenge, it's very tough decision to let whole part of his life gone or not, but in the end he took the selfish way than listening to reason, and that's the foolish of him - naruto got stronger because he have ambitious of his life time, sasuke's ambitious is limited by certain point only to revenge and only that.
Mar 9, 2022 7:44 PM

Feb 2021
I really don't get why some people called the part with Sakura cringey, like the dialogue could have better I agree, and yes, I did hate Sakura at first and she was annoying at times, but like come on. I never thought I'd say this, but I really think Sakura gets too much hate, like way too much, all she wanted was to stop Sasuke from leaving. I dunno, maybe I'm just too soft or something, this is my first experience with this series
Jul 31, 2022 1:13 PM
Nov 2020
RIP Sakura’s Feeling
Sakura just bared her heart out and Sasuke be like; I just don’t give a fuuuuck
Sep 2, 2022 9:59 AM

Jan 2021
This is getting worse the longer I watch...
Mar 22, 2023 7:11 PM
Nov 2019
How can she be in love with this guy? omg
Apr 1, 2023 4:25 PM
May 2021
Not gonna lie, I was agreeing with everything Sakura was saying and thought she was making some really valid points until she started screaming about her love for Sasuke and how she's nothing without him and would do anything for him. She really tore down her actual good moment here.
Aug 1, 2023 11:39 PM
Mar 2017
these past few gloomy episodes have been great but man the conclusion of this one was actually hitting me a bit, don’t remember seeing this episode on toonami back in the day. i hate sakura as much as they next guy but her plea definitely felt real and desperate.
Dec 29, 2023 9:32 PM

Jul 2017
Damn.... Poor Sakura .... she's really down bad for this edgy emo ninja who doesn't care about her and treats her like dirt. love is blind for sure. i felt bad for her the girl is depressed and delusional.
Jan 24, 2:11 PM
Feb 2022
Sakura didn't do anything wrong. She loves Sasuke madly, and she is willing to risk everything for him. Her crying is understandable.

Spanish translation:
Sakura no hizo nada malo. Ama con locura a Sasuke, y está dispuesta a arriesgarlo todo por el. Su llanto es comprensible.
Jan 30, 2:56 AM

Jul 2020
wow I'm so happy for Sasuke for leaving all these retards behind, especially Sakura. I mean, any sane person wouldn't be able to stand her longer than a couple minutes and would run as far away from her as they could
Feb 9, 11:33 PM
Jan 2021
10/10 best anime ive ever watched like naruto is my onetrue love <33333 gwohfwefewoifefjioew
Feb 11, 5:57 PM
Feb 2024
"I'm gonna play Do Ri Mi on your rib cage until it cracks!"

Hardest line in the show.
Mar 30, 6:01 PM
Oct 2020
Naruto is so SIMP lol
Apr 3, 12:36 AM
Jan 2022
What a good episode, but oh man sakura is so lame

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 144 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

16 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 97 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

27 by Darzaka »»
Yesterday, 10:26 AM

» Who is your favourite and cool character ?

luckysjjsjsjs - Nov 8, 2023

49 by Zhenro »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 208 Discussion

jimboli92 - Jul 10, 2011

15 by towerd103 »»
Apr 20, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 141 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

27 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.