Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 13, 2013 6:57 PM

Nov 2009
It was a rather interesting series. I at first thought it would be rather bland, however throughout the series it got a bit more interesting with the whole "crew going insane" aspect. Overall it didn't quite win me over in terms of character which was a large portion of this anime however I still liked it, so would rate it a 7/10.
Dec 13, 2013 6:54 AM
Sep 2013
arkv said:
Was anybody else really disappointed by this show? It had so much potential but refused to commit to being a dark show by doing something actually dark and failed as a result of it.

Yay I have to agree. I still really liked the show so I wouldn't say it failed but it could have been much more if it actually fully committed to what it wanted to do. The situation always stayed under relative control and every bad stuff always happened off screen..
Jan 22, 2014 4:02 PM

Sep 2013
Overall I enjoyed this series, now easily one of my favorites. The OST has some standout music. Kouji and Ikumi have a strong relationship if they were able to forgive one another after the craziness they went through. I like the ending, although it seemed kind of strange that so many of the students returned to the ship after having been trapped on it for 8 months in a life or death situation. It would be great to see more of Neeya or the cast in general, though it's hard to find artwork or anything for the series.
Mar 17, 2014 2:01 AM

Jan 2013
A nice ending :)
Good to see how much the characters have progressed in one year. Also good to see how many of the cast returned to the Ryvius; shows they have put the bad experiences behind them and ready for a fresh start.
A bit more info on the Sphix and how they were created would have been nice. Neya was a pretty decent character at the end, maybe she has feelings for Kouji :P
Also I think Faina commited suicide or something, since she couldn't get the future she wanted.
Overall, a great, and undoubtedly underrated series. Unbelievably realistic cast of characters, good story and a good soundtrack.
9/10
TrequartistaDec 13, 2014 9:38 AM
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 6, 2014 5:40 PM

May 2010
So Blues came back I guess? So glad people like Michelle (Criss's sister) didn't show up.

I still wanted to see how the brothers' relationship will develop. I really had wished Faina stayed with Kouji.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 9, 2014 1:12 AM

May 2009
I'm so glad that psychotic bitch Faina didn't come back. I agree with everyone who mentioned how it was strange to see so many characters return after all the horrible trauma they went through, that was just really unrealistic.

I'm not fond of any of the characters besides Neeya perhaps - a tiny little bit - but I still liked the show. Usually, disliking the characters results in dislike for the whole thing, so this is a first for me. 7/10
Jul 25, 2014 6:55 AM

Aug 2008
I like this ending episode. Overall, it was a very good series. I like the interactions between the characters and for a 1999-2000 series, I thought the animation was pretty good. The thing I liked the best is all the music: OP and ED were great and the presence of a great variety of BGM is very enjoyable.

I still think Yuki is a badly written character and I can't stand his groans. I also don't agree with that rape scene.
Jul 28, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2011
A immensely satisfying ending to a phenomenal series that kept me glued to the screen and always coming back for more. I know i finished a good show cause i feel so sad that its over. It had masterful characterization that isnt afraid to show the more flawed aspects behind people while combining that with excellent character development for the entire cast. This was truly a special show and Its immensley under rated

Its a very enthusiastic 9/10 for me, hopefully ill be able to convince some others to give this little gem a go.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 28, 2014 9:25 PM

Apr 2009
I kind of thought the ending was a letdown. After all that drama I was hoping for a big climactic payoff. But now they're all friends again, all is forgiven. I dunno, just seemed strange, kind of made the rest of the struggles the characters went through meaningless.

Overall a great show though, I was really gripped while watching. The smart editing gave everyone in the huge cast screentime, and divulged all the plot info necessary, while keeping the pace thin and light. This show could easily have been extremely bloated and confusing but it wasn't. 8/10.
Jul 28, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
^ well i wouldnt say all is well, they clearly were addressing the mistakes made by certain characters, especially ikumi and kyouji which deifnetly addressed visually that there was tension but that they were willing to move past that in forgiveness, edven the yuuki blue thing really had no release of the tension as yuuki only seemed happy that he beat blue finally.

The only thing this ending kind of dissapointed me in was the faina killing someone was kind of glossed over, then again for all we know she could be in jail or something on her home planet.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 29, 2014 12:22 AM

Apr 2009
JizzyHitler said:
^ well i wouldnt say all is well, they clearly were addressing the mistakes made by certain characters

That's true.

It's not so much that they forgave each other, but I wish something had come of their dispute before it happened. It felt like the whole series was building up to some amazing tragedy that never got to happen.

Maybe I was just rooting for a bad end? :p
Jul 29, 2014 12:34 AM

Sep 2011
walla said:
JizzyHitler said:
^ well i wouldnt say all is well, they clearly were addressing the mistakes made by certain characters

That's true.

It's not so much that they forgave each other, but I wish something had come of their dispute before it happened. It felt like the whole series was building up to some amazing tragedy that never got to happen.

Well the main thing with the series was about not letting your past consume you but rather using the mistakes one made to move forword in the future, if they had let it end in tragedy it would kind of devalue that moral cause it would just be them being eaten by their past mistakes. This is one of those stories where the character earn their happy endings.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 18, 2014 9:03 PM

Feb 2013
JizzyHitler said:
walla said:

That's true.

Well the main thing with the series was about not letting your past consume you but rather using the mistakes one made to move forword in the future, if they had let it end in tragedy it would kind of devalue that moral cause it would just be them being eaten by their past mistakes. This is one of those stories where the character earn their happy endings.

very well said. Overall really glad I picked this up again
Sep 16, 2014 12:26 AM

Sep 2013
^ Still, if it was ME, I would never step in that ship again lol.

By the way, it's funny how Ikumi isn't in the cover but Cullen is.
Sep 1, 2015 6:31 AM

Jan 2013
I really liked this show and the character development was one of the best I've ever seen. Still there were some boring scenes. 8/10.
Nov 1, 2015 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
Its one of those animes that don't leave an impression on the watcher imo, main concept was great but idk about the execution, also weird that they all returned to the damn ship and the main course is to Titania where a psyco girl lives so the main character can discuss stuff with her lol 6.5/10.
Jan 7, 2016 12:33 PM

Dec 2007
Very good show! Good plot and art, as well as BGM. Some of the characters were annoying as he'll though. Yuki's attitude ruined a great deal of the show for me. Aoi's friend, the captain, Blue, the green haired girl, Ikumi in the last few episodes though I liked him at first. With that many annoying characters I'd probably have dropped it was it not for the good plot. Overall very satisfied with the anime 8/10 I was wondering between 9 and 8 but there were few boring places and the characters, so 8 from me.
Feb 5, 2016 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
this is quite interesting anime
Feb 10, 2016 1:49 PM

Feb 2009
ArkX said:
Was anybody else really disappointed by this show? It had so much potential but refused to commit to being a dark show by doing something actually dark and failed as a result of it.

Did we even watch the same show?
Feb 11, 2016 4:02 AM

Nov 2012
shiroux said:
ArkX said:

It's been almost 3 years since I watched it and I still feel the same way. The whole thing just felt like a huge waste of time, there was so much potential and it was all wasted.
Feb 11, 2016 11:34 AM

Feb 2009
ArkX said:
shiroux said:

It's been almost 3 years since I watched it and I still feel the same way. The whole thing just felt like a huge waste of time, there was so much potential and it was all wasted.

At its core, it is a psychological drama. It's just a whole bunch of kid losing themselves to stress, adrenaline, and some clash of view. I feel that the show is good for what it is, even if some characters are a bit unrealistically portrayed. It's not a dark show, and so, it's not failing as a result of not being one.
Mar 6, 2016 11:48 PM
Oct 2011
shiroux said:
ArkX said:

At its core, it is a psychological drama. It's just a whole bunch of kid losing themselves to stress, adrenaline, and some clash of view. I feel that the show is good for what it is, even if some characters are a bit unrealistically portrayed. It's not a dark show, and so, it's not failing as a result of not being one.

I agree with you, i never though the show was even going for a dark theme at all. Just a psychological thriller.

Anyways Cullen is the best character in the show.
Jun 27, 2016 5:42 AM

Jul 2008
I really wanted Faina to get some of what was coming to her. I understand coming back to the ship but everyone? That is just too out there.

Overall I liked this show for being the psychological drama it was. 8/10
Dec 7, 2016 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
In the short-term, the deaths on the Ryvius were meaningless and that makes the happy ending a little hard to swallow but I'm still glad that's how they did it. I mean. what happened to Gran and Son (the first betrayers on Vital Guarder)? If they weren't saved (from their cells?) it would suck because betrayal was handled so inconsistently that it's hard to feel good when some people get a new start and others don't for no real tangible reason. Blue's crew members are redeemed only because they can escape from prison? Blue is redeemed because he has a cool haircut? I don't know if the show makes a strong case for me to care about those characters or be happy that they survived. Chalk one up for realism, maybe I'm mistaken for being bothered by that.

It also doesn't help that the show gives the feeling that a lot of suffering (and death) were in vain mainly because the danger from the enemy turned into salvation so abruptly, and doubly so because their rescue wasn't caused by anything the children did.

I think Ikumi was more right than wrong, at least in theory, and I don't agree with the idea that the show is trying to tell us something about social order, after all differing kinds of tyranny were almost always effective on the ship. The Ryvius contained a make-shift society with limited resources and an unstable youth population, it would be unrealistic to think that we could learn something about regular governance from this. Temporary and emergency are the key words here. Also, KAA's subs after Ikumi destroyed the one section read: "There were no signs of anyone remaining in [x] section..." I'm going to read that as all escaped unless that's a translation error and it should be "are no signs of life.." (Although it would be ironic if the victim lying unconscious was killed and the delinquents got away). Maybe Ikumi isn't actually a genocidal maniac, I don't know.

I don't know how to feel about Kouji either, the 'sympathy' he showed others was selective and seemed to be inspired by his selfishness. If he was in charge I'd bet there'd be even more deaths on the ship. I'm glad they stopped shitting all over Lucson, honestly he was probably the best character. Wikipedia mentions an engagement ring on Juli's finger. Didn't notice it at first, but it's there. Her character wouldn't have undergone any change if it is actually Blue's, which would make her even less sympathetic.

The fact that this anime made me type so much means I was emotionally invested beyond a superficial level. Despite other flaws I think this is a 7 or 7.5/10.
Jan 8, 2017 9:58 PM

Jan 2010
Well, I'm glad that I was proven wrong, though the mechanic of the Sphix is still unclear to me. Why was it that certain ships drove their crew insane, while the Ryvius was, well, better off in certain respects? As physical manifestations of the ship, what purpose do they serve mechanically? As a narrative tool, Neeya served extremely well to voice the inner thoughts of all the kids, making her potentially the most complicated character in the show, if just by how she embodies everyone's thoughts, insecurities and dreams. Still, that issue aside, the end journey of this anime was nothing less than incredible. That final confrontation with all the last reveals showing up to close out the journey.

That being said, while I'm not exactly surprised, it still makes me ponder why so many of the kids decided to return to the Ryvius after all they've experienced. The future of humanity is one thing, but I guess after living through such a traumatic experience, returning to everyday life was impossible. That too is quite tragic, but I was glad to see everyone's story arcs coming to their conclusions.

Once again, this was not an easy anime to watch, but I'm extremely glad that I made it to the end.
Feb 15, 2017 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
Shocked said:

Once again, this was not an easy anime to watch, but I'm extremely glad that I made it to the end.

Well said, it was boring at times but more and more I was approaching the climax I couldn't bring myself to stop watching, the ending was top tier, everything went together and it felt so satisfying. The scene with Kouji laughing in episode 25 was one of my favourite scene in this anime and one I'll remember for years I think.

And.... Aoi best girl http://imgur.com/a/qMfBm
Jul 6, 2017 2:46 PM

Jul 2016
So ends this journey of a pretty great show. It had it flaws, but it pulled at my own emotional strings which shows it did its job. I guess the ending was alright. I'm still a little confused about the Ryvius, but that was just a backdrop to what the main storyline was. 8/10 for me.
Nov 29, 2017 5:32 PM

Jun 2013
This anime was almost a Lord of the Flies. William Golding would be proud.
Jul 31, 2019 5:01 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, very nice and uplifting ending. It still makes me also feel melancholic in a way and I also think another one or two episodes before this epilogue would've been benefitting.

The plot was interesting, yet it took a backseat in favor of the characters. They had interesting ones on board, but unfortunately the portrayal and development of some came too short. The drama was always top notch, tho and the tension was there pretty much all the time. Even some of soundtracks they used were nice, except for the hip hop.

Great watch overall 7,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2, 2019 9:47 PM
Nov 2015
ArkX said:

Well im like many year later but yes, i am , very Happy anime for me, people sold me this like the Lord of flies meet gundam so ... Idk ... This was kind of relax, and this Happy ed was anticlimatic
Oct 4, 2019 10:13 PM

Jan 2018
kinda anti climatic ending, still satisfying as a sort of epilogue tho. honestly this last five episodes made up for all the boring "arcs", overall 7/10, good show but really flawed. i like the ost and some ideas are pretty clever but the script is at best decent and at worst absolutely abysmal, bad pacing and lots of boring and shitty episodes. could've been much better.
Nov 6, 2019 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
Nice epiloque, though the quality of the writing was very variable and the middle part was kinda boring, the last stretch from ep 20 to 25 really saves the show and makes it go from a mediocre anime to a really good one imo. 7/10
Jan 17, 2020 12:21 PM

Oct 2014
definite contender for worst anime i ever seen
May 14, 2020 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
So in the end nobody died but a bunch of nobodies.

ArkX said:

Episode 26, this last episode felt out of place. Everyone's happy and none of the crew members with actual character developments faced any consequence. This ending felt lackluster but overall the journey itself was pretty entertaining.
Aug 20, 2020 1:13 PM
Jul 2020
Glad I watched it. People say it's Lord of the Flies in space, which I agree, but I definitely see it's influenced by submarine movies, Das Boot maybe? Which makes sense since Ryvius resembles a submarine, and Geduld behaves like the ocean, the more you go deeper, the stronger the pressure.
It also reminds me of Ideon. Of course, it's made by Sunrise, Solo ship + Ideon are similar to Ryvius + Vital Guarder. Just like Ideon, Ryvius can only be operated by teens and it is actually sentient.
Also the Vaiva squids just like Uchuu Kaiju from Gunbuster, haha.

The show is pretty much hard SF but I do question a few designs such as the marionette mechanism for the mechas, idk, it would be much simpler if the operators are inside it. Also, I'm sot sure what solids are. I guess it's some kind of computer scripts, but I feel like it's just too much work.
I also don't understand why Delta Liebe performed a "dive" for maintenance, not much explanation.
My theory is that Delta Liebe is in low power state so it can't maintain it's altitude.
Another thing is how they animate Geduld, when Ryvius resurfaces, the Geduld creates wave-like effect just like water. but should it be clouds of super hot plasma so we get smoke effect? I may be wrong since I'm not a physicist.

I think it would be better if it's 24 episodes, just remove all the recaps and it would be perfect. I don't mind the ending, I actually quite like it, finally an ending that is not rushed.

8/10

... wait, I do notice a bit plot hole, why did they disguise the Ryvius as a school? It just doesn't make sense. The solar system is super huge, you can hide it at a remote location and done, nobody would find it. Well, it's still give it an 8/10, maybe I'm biased since I love SF and the story is pretty unique, but I do agree with people who gave it 7/10.

May 24, 2021 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
The ending was just terrible and stupid. Some of them coming back would be acceptable but everyone coming back is down right re.....it doesn't make much sense to even risk it all by hiring some of the nuttier ones.

Aug 25, 2021 9:27 PM

May 2020
Honestly I'm not really disappointed by the ending. I'll admit, I was surprised they decided to go for a happy ending. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that they didn't show Blue. He's definitely on the ship (After all, Juli's there) and Yuki had his ass handed to them.

Honestly this show isn't terrible but I found it hard to be invested in the characters until the very end and even then I only cared about some of them. The last few episodes after Ikumi went insane were the best episodes to watch.
Sep 12, 2021 10:13 AM

Feb 2017
There's a trope in anime, where a whole series can go by, the characters grow and develop, but nothing actually changes, and I feel like that's happened here. The characters end where they began. If there were a sequel to this show, it could start off almost exactly the same, with the same characters hating each other, coming into conflict with one another, etc. Its one of the tropes that I don't like, because it makes me think that all of the struggles throughout the series were meaningless if there is no discernible growth or change in the character. It cheapens the story because it almost seems like actions don't have lasting consequences. Why are all of these characters coming back to a place that caused them such trauma? Show how they changed, what changes they've made in their lives as a result, and have some lasting differences.

My biggest gripe about this show is that I didn't like any of the characters. I feel like Kouji was supposed to be the main hero, but I'm still mystified about what he stands for, or what his motivations are. I feel the same about almost all of the characters, except Blue, Faina, and Ikumi. Most of them are just...there. Reacting to the situation in mostly ineffectual ways. They don't make me root for them, or show aspects of their personalities that are endearing. I enjoyed the setting, the overall story, and the animation was fine, but the characters could have been vastly improved.
Jan 9, 2022 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
Yep, can't say I enjoyed this series but the setting and character development was at least interesting. People kept describing it as lord of the flies in space and I can see why now.
Mar 26, 2022 11:39 PM
Mar 2022
It makes no sense how kouji can act buddy buddy with ikumi after what he did to him. Why come back to the ship as well?
May 28, 2022 12:31 AM
Oct 2020
I don't understand the point of those attack. They could have rescued them from the start and obtain the Ryvius, right?
And what was the point of that terroristic attack from the first episode?
I don't find any sense at all
Sep 8, 2022 5:11 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Okay, but why did they decide to go aboard the Ryvius despite being stranded in there for several months? If I were one of the victims, I would never step in that ship again. Also, what the hell happened to Kozue and Blue?
Feb 28, 2023 10:12 AM

Dec 2022
I'd give it a 7/10. It was a 6/10 for me until the last few episodes decided to shoo out most of the irrelevant antics and finally approach the epic space-opera fantasy territory that I had initially expected from this anime. Probably not all that realistic for so many of them to be returning to the Ryvius, considering how many of them ended up hating being on it, but at least it made Neya happy. Infinite Ryvius is a very weird watch, and the character interactions ended up being more likeable than most of the characters themselves. It often finds itself being so close to writing genius scenes, but also consistently finds a way to stunt them with banal results. The last third of it definitely saves the series, and allowed it to crawl out of that lethargic bog of social drama and inconsequential squabbling that caused the middle episodes to drag on.
Archean-ReturnMar 3, 2023 12:41 AM

Shaded Horizon

Jun 27, 2023 2:22 AM

Nov 2022
It is not the ship but the bad luck and heavy circumstances that caused all the trauma and happen on Ryvius.

Anyhow not ten years have passed since it was released and IRL they introduced austerity and since then world turns into one big Ryvius.

My belated Welcome aboard to you all.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 12 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 3, 2009

14 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Ryvius Episode 11 Discussion

Farabeuf - Feb 6, 2013

11 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 10 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 2, 2009

19 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Ryvius Episode 9 Discussion

Farabeuf - Feb 6, 2013

8 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Ryvius Episode 8 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Nov 12, 2013

8 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.