Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 30, 2009 8:41 AM

Jun 2009
I hate him for some reasons :

-Bcoz of him, clare didn't get the chance to kill that damn priscilla.
-Sometimes his character are annoying
-He didn't help clare at anything except for cooking. durr.
-Some kind of burden to clare.

Urgh! I hate him.

dearest my bb shinah ty for the bday present <33
Aug 30, 2009 10:24 AM
Nov 2008
Oh yeah that's right, he stopped Clare from killing Priscilla in the anime. I hope that doesn't happen in the manga.
Sep 3, 2009 3:34 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah! I was hoping that the same tragedy wouldn't happen.
I got enraged when Clare cannot kill Priscilla bcoz of Raki.
WARGH!

dearest my bb shinah ty for the bday present <33
Oct 4, 2009 12:02 PM

Sep 2007
wow, lots of Raki hate. I don't like him, but I don't hate him either. I agree for the majority of the manga he's been weak, useless, and a crybaby, BUT I think the latest chapters have hinted that he's going to become powerful, especially chapter 96. We know he's not going to die, so chances are he is going to merge with the youma and become a male claymore (and since it's a youma from the merger of Rafaela and Lucielia, the resulting claymore is going to be strong).

I dislike that he is hanging around Priscilla, but seems she's gone for now, and he doesn't know of the connection between Priscilla and Clare, since Clare never told him.
Oct 4, 2009 2:46 PM
Nov 2008
I don't know, when I saw what happened to Raki in chapter 96 my first thought was that eventually he will be taken over and turned into a male awakened being,(or killed) so that he and Clare will have to fight and she will have to kill him.
Oct 4, 2009 5:50 PM

Sep 2007
Darkwing63 said:
I don't know, when I saw what happened to Raki in chapter 96 my first thought was that eventually he will be taken over and turned into a male awakened being,(or killed) so that he and Clare will have to fight and she will have to kill him.

that is a possibility. I just guess it depends on where Yagi wants to take the story. Will he make it more tragic by turning Raki into an awakened being or will be give the two of them more similar grounds to bond by, by turning Raki into a male claymore. Either way, it will make Raki more interesting, so I'm happy by these turn of events. :D
Oct 5, 2009 7:53 AM
Nov 2008
soaring_wings said:
Darkwing63 said:

that is a possibility. I just guess it depends on where Yagi wants to take the story. Will he make it more tragic by turning Raki into an awakened being or will be give the two of them more similar grounds to bond by, by turning Raki into a male claymore. Either way, it will make Raki more interesting, so I'm happy by these turn of events. :D

Well by now Claymore is known to have tragic endings, if anything I think the fact that Raki is more likley to turn into a male awakened and be killed at the end by Clare, and she won't know its him until after he is dead. (like what happened to Miria and Hilda)
Oct 19, 2009 3:30 PM
Oct 2009
raki is nothing he is just there to be there and in the anime he leaves and doesnt come back until the very end, wich is stupid, and in the manga you never here from him agian after clare forces him away! i think he should die or at least do some think important... like die :D haha i havent fineshed reading the manga im only on chapter 91 (i read manga on the internet) so yes i have no idea when he comes back in the manga.
Oct 19, 2009 5:46 PM
Nov 2008
Yeah it's too bad Raki couldn't have just disappeared and never shown himself again.

BTW if you are on chapter 91 that would mean you would have seen him return already. Now that their is 96 chapters and ongoing, he shows up in chapter 80 and we get to see him a few times since then. I would rather Yagi tell us if Irene is alive or not, and stop wasting peoples time reading about Raki all grown up. XD
Nov 28, 2009 3:19 PM
Jul 2009
Darkwing63 said:
Yeah it's too bad Raki couldn't have just disappeared and never shown himself again.

BTW if you are on chapter 91 that would mean you would have seen him return already. Now that their is 96 chapters and ongoing, he shows up in chapter 80 and we get to see him a few times since then. I would rather Yagi tell us if Irene is alive or not, and stop wasting peoples time reading about Raki all grown up. XD

That is true but you can never say Raki wastes our time. We cant have everyone that's likeable so we need some sort of a um, "villain" but not exactly a villain. So Raki fits that role.
Nov 29, 2009 7:02 AM
Nov 2008
jackdaniels said:
Darkwing63 said:

That is true but you can never say Raki wastes our time. We cant have everyone that's likeable so we need some sort of a um, "villain" but not exactly a villain. So Raki fits that role.

You are right when you think about it, because of Raki Clare is always doing stupid things. He has brainwashed her like a villain would. LOL
Nov 29, 2009 1:05 PM
Aug 2007
Darkwing63 said:
jackdaniels said:
Darkwing63 said:

You are right when you think about it, because of Raki Clare is always doing stupid things. He has brainwashed her like a villain would. LOL

You know what? I thought Clare is doing all of this stuff due to the guilt of losing Teresa because she was weak kid and softened up teresa. Well, now I have more fuel to add to the Raki hatred machine lol.
Nov 29, 2009 2:41 PM
Jul 2009
Darkwing63 said:
jackdaniels said:
Darkwing63 said:

right you are DW. It's not exactly brainwashing..lil Raki has a crush on Clare and little boys tend to do dumb things for their crush
Nov 30, 2009 12:14 PM
Jul 2009
Darkwing63 said:
jackdaniels said:
Darkwing63 said:

Oh, he's not thinking straight anymore. His "other" brain is doing the thinking for him. ;P
Nov 30, 2009 1:41 PM
Nov 2008
riotgirl said:
Darkwing63 said:
jackdaniels said:
Darkwing63 said:

Oh, he's not thinking straight anymore. His "other" brain is doing the thinking for him. ;P

ROFL!

That's all I have to say about that. lol
Nov 30, 2009 4:23 PM
Jul 2009
riotgirl said:

ROFL X 2!! does he actually have one? lol
Dec 2, 2009 4:07 PM
Jul 2009
it's his voice. I'm rewatching the anime atm, and while I don't hate (or even dislike) Raki in the manga anymore (not really sure if i ever did or just had it carry over from the anime), I can't stand him at all in the anime. aaarg, that voice. >.<
Feb 10, 2010 1:06 AM
Aug 2007
I dont hate him because...I havent seen him for the past 4 issues. Lets keep it that way.
Feb 15, 2010 5:58 AM
Sep 2008
Claudia-chan said:
BishounoTeresa said:
Wow this is my first post in this forum and I happens to be in this thread :D well here goes…
What I hate about Raki, well the title pretty much sums it all up – “everything”. But to be more specific:

He’s pretty much a useless character, his greatest “achievement” was to make Clare drop the cold mask for a while and actually show emotion…but I think that would’ve happened eventually anyway, either when she was in Rabona saving all those ppl, or in the Slashers arc, or when she met Irene. The other purpose of his char was to make the analogy with the Teresa/Clare relationship, so that the story could go into retrospection and show us Clare’s past and how and why she became a claymore and that basically she’s doing the same thing as Teresa. I think Yagi should’ve gotten rid of him at that point, or at least not make him so annoying! For me the only reason why Yagi is keeping him alive is for all the drama that’s going to happen when Priscilla and Raki finally meet Clare. Although I think that Clare meeting her would’ve been dramatic enough on it’s own, but that’s just me.
- He’s a :
- crybaby – gets really annoying!
- A wimp – he can’t even survive on his own, which is kind of dumb since in the claymore world, ppl are actually living with monsters and have a rough life and all that and have to be at least a little bit prepared to cope with these kind of things, when Raki actually found out about all that stuff after his family got killed, even though ppl were dying in the village before that and all he was living a carefree life until ‘reality’ slapped him in the face. And a lot of ppl told me before “he has strong will to survive and bla bla” – no he doesn’t! If it wasn’t for Clare he would’ve died. For example Clare’s family got killed by yoma too, not only that she was captured by one and probably abused by it for months before she met Teresa, and still didn’t give up on life, but actually tried to help someone – she could see Teresa was in pain and miserable in her life, even though she was in a much more worse situation.
- He can’t fight, even though I think he held up pretty good in the fight with Ophelia, the fact that he didn’t shut up through the whole thing saying things like “I want to help Clare and be strong…”, but he was clearly feeling sorry for himself and then the waterworks started again – all of that was once again annoying. Instead of doing that he could’ve though something up to distract Ophelia, and give Clare a breather to get healed without nearly dying from worrying about him.
- Hence from what I said above I can say that he’s not very smart too. Another thing that makes him look stupid is that he paired up with an AB – especially Priscilla. And I know some of the Raki fans will say something like how he does it cuz he sees the good in Priscilla, after all she’s mentally ill and doesn’t really know what she’s doing, besides she hasn’t eaten a human in 7 years…yeah but that’s not an excuse, what about all the ppl she killed before, not to mention ruining Clare’s life. It doesn’t make her less dangerous, cuz sooner or later that instable mind of hers is gonna snap and she’ll go dark side again and start killing. But Raki obviously doesn’t give a shit about that, which brings me to my next thing I don’t like about him.
- Wannabe Hero – give me a break. Ok he’s trying to help ppl, killing monsters, cool. But he’s living under the illusion that he can control one of the most powerful monsters in his world, even though he knows that she’ll eventually go on a rampage out of hunger or something and he says “well I know, I guess she’ll eat me too”…Yes well if he wanted to be a hero so much he could actually consider the thought of doing all those ppl Priscilla might kill in the future a favor and kill her and prevent that. Ok, maybe he cares about her, but I’m not sure how he could get over the fact that she was eating ppl when he found out she was an AB. He could’ve just left, although maybe she would’ve got pissed off and killed him, so maybe he was too scared to. Or he’s just stupid.
- And no I don’t agree with his fan girls that he’s cute and blaba bla…Yagi drew him as a grown up, and he looks like Easley with a shorter hair and a thicker neck. Not to mention that his head and that thick neck look disproportional to his body, cuz from his thin waist you can see that he has more armor than actual muscles. And it’s true that Claymore is lacking strong male characters, but I prefer Cid and Galk to him. Even Rigardo and Easley, even though they were AB’s at least they were smarter than him and better warriors.
- And no I don’t agree with his fans on the thought that there will be a romantic relationship between him and Clare. Hence the analogy with the Teresa/Clare relationship I think Clare has more motherly feelings toward him; or will treat him like a little brother now that he’s all grown up; and that kiss they had when they were separated - merely fan service and something to spice up the story. Or maybe Clare thought “what the hell, I might die anyway, at least I’ll give him something to remember for the rest of his life” lol

Woman you really explained everything perfectly :D (and I agree with you 100%)

Man,talk about well explained hate.....I agree...And thank you for pointing out the whole "KISS" fact....I don't believe she "likes" Raki.....
Feb 26, 2010 10:29 AM

Oct 2009
1. he chose Priscilla over Clare
2. he is a boy, so what does he have to do with any silver eyed slayers?
3. he makes Clare weak
4. he is just a "pochi" for any Claymore that comes around

I hate Priscilla for killing Teresa, and Raki for bing her ally/slave
Mar 10, 2010 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
He didn't bother me at all :D

So he is a cry baby, maybe you guys forgot but... HE IS JUST A KID!! What exactly did you expect from him?
So he is a wimp... There is like 1% of the human's population that can actualy fight a normal/weak Yoma, and again he's just a kid (between 14 and 16 years old maybe). Were you guys waiting some sort of Kamehameha from him or what?

And for those who say stuff like he stopped Clare from killing Priscillia or that he is being a bother to Clare...
WASN'T CLARE THE SAME FOR TERESA?

Am not saying i love his character, just saying that most of your reasons for hating him are unlogical and unreasonable. You expect something from him that never has been meant to be.
Mar 10, 2010 8:10 AM
Nov 2008
He's just a wasted character, cannon fodder really.
Mar 11, 2010 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
Every anime/manga has at least 1 useless/wasted character. That is a normal thing in the manga world ^^
Mar 11, 2010 7:05 AM
Nov 2008
You know I have never thought about that before, but it is so true. :p
Mar 12, 2010 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
lol ^^
Mar 17, 2010 2:57 PM

Aug 2009
i very like Raki :D
Mar 17, 2010 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
But i maintain that he didn't bother me.
I'm not saying i like him. Just saying he didn't bother my view on my untamable little monster Clare ^^
I nothing him
Mar 21, 2010 3:57 PM

Apr 2008
Me neither, he was just fine.. Acting like a normal human should after meeting all those freaks :P
He's young, determined makes out with older women! Raki ftw! XD
Mar 23, 2010 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
_gRim_ said:
makes out with older women! Raki ftw! XD

I'd like to change my position... I HATE HIM! He violated my Clare :(

Whoever sais that Clare made the first move will die by my hands!
:P
Sep 17, 2020 12:14 PM
Sep 2020
He is boring at all but i don't hate him what really annoys me was his romantic relationship with clare c'mon i saw them as sister and brother (maybe a romantic platonic bcs he was a kid). Then she just kiss him like Wtf man
Ps: i was hoping he was the one who ophelia eat
Sep 21, 2020 7:47 AM

Oct 2010
such hate for best dude Raki, some people here donțt know what theyțre talking about
Nov 13, 2020 10:30 PM
Jul 2020
This character is the worst thing ever written.
Spirit_TreeNov 13, 2020 10:42 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Whats under the Claymore's Clothing? (Not perverted)

CrimsonReaper - Mar 24, 2010

37 by uranimemom »»
Feb 19, 2022 12:21 AM

» Is Helen underrated ?

Yugao_ - Aug 23, 2019

2 by SunWukung »»
Nov 3, 2019 6:03 PM

» New Teresa figure

BTrinidad01 - Jan 2, 2019

2 by MoFried »»
Apr 5, 2019 5:15 PM

» Favorite Claymore ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

eppyomega - Jul 26, 2007

305 by BTrinidad01 »»
Dec 29, 2018 4:31 AM

» Claymore artbook pics (not yet done)

nothing956 - Jul 15, 2010

11 by Shishio-kun »»
Dec 25, 2018 11:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.