Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 13, 2009 3:02 PM

Feb 2008
This episode alone was better than the whole of Natural.
Oct 5, 2009 5:51 PM

Sep 2008
lol, so much off topic ;;
Love the OP & ED, just like always. It's good to be back to Aria, I was putting off starting Origination since I don't want it to end. <3
Nov 18, 2009 1:24 AM

Jun 2009
Starrlightx3 said:
lol, so much off topic ;;
Love the OP & ED, just like always. It's good to be back to Aria, I was putting off starting Origination since I don't want it to end. <3

Pretty much this. But, I could only put it off for so long. Origination didn't disappoint with this first episode, of course. The characters are still some of the best out there in the anime world, the music is still ace, and the art is even better than it was before. Excellent scene at the end, btw.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 15, 2010 9:51 PM

Jan 2009
Finally I got around to watching this season!
Origination was my inspiration for starting the Aria series because it is rated so highly on MAL.
Hopefully it can live up to the hype!

Mar 10, 2010 9:32 PM

Oct 2008
Loved the opening song. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 15, 2010 5:51 PM

Aug 2009
I can feel it. I can feel the day when Akira, Aika, and Alice become a prima. I lost count on how many times prima was said in this episode so I guess they'll become prima in this season. Ogosh I can't wait for that. D:

Few things I loved in this episode were:
1. Alicia, Aika, and Alice yawned at the same time. Watching their senpai must be exhausting.
2. The pinch Aria got from the small crab. Omy I rewinded it 10 times just because Aria's punyu that time was so hilarious.
3. The techniques Alicia, Akira, and Athena used when they were doing work. For me, I think Akira's move was the coolest, lol.

I can't wait for them to become prima but it'll be lonely since the seniors might disappear when that happens. I hope they still show up in the Anime. :( Anyways, I can see why this Anime is rated high now. At first I was like nah this is boring, but then later on Aria's peace and calmness reach my heart. :D
Apr 24, 2010 1:32 PM

Apr 2009
Akira = badass.
Other than that, lovely ep.

No longer watching this from sub groups.
So happy that I bought the DVD boxset. :)
May 5, 2010 1:45 PM

Jan 2010
radiantfire said:

I'm going to keep watching this show while I start watching the original and Natural. Btw, can anyone tell me if Origination is the beginning of the Aria series?

this is NOT the first in order to watch...in the first 2 seasons you get to know the characters,and this doesn't look like before they known eachother,since they are inviting one another to dinner :)

start with the Animation,or you'll miss 40 amazing episodes

this episode was awesome,way to start the last season :-)
Athena's funny faces made me lmao xD,same for the crazy guy in akira's gondola...hey i proposed to akira,the water fairy yay xD

and the ending song is amazing :)

Aria,you rule!

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 11, 2010 6:50 PM
Jul 2009
Great season I love watching this series, its a really great story and wonderful melody of art that a lot of heart and energy must have went into. Cool job Right Stuff, etal, and thanks for making a great series.
Jun 15, 2010 7:28 PM

May 2009
Just wonderful as expected from Aria. I was a bit sad when Alicia, Akira and Athena were talking about the girls' future and how they'd eventually leave.
Jan 2, 2011 11:07 AM

Nov 2007
Chamcham said:
Anime News Network said:
The theme of the third season is, as the name suggests, the beginning of the series.

Because ANN sux. Misleading in many ways. If the Origination came out later, there are obvious reasons why the animators did that way, and also, the manga has Origination at the last bit. Why would anyone start with Origination when the events happening after what happens in Animation (Akari joining ARIA COMPANY and making friends with Aika and Alice) and Natural (where Akari, Aika and Alice take invaluable lessons from their senpais as the dream of becoming Prima Undines).

Everyone failed big time whoever started with Origination.

The Anime is meant to be seen like they came out.

Animation
Natural
Arietta
Origination.

Anyways, a great episode yet again. As the episode tells yet again how Akari, Alice and Aika hold great respect and admiration for Alicia, Athena and Akira and the whole episode had a warm feel to it. it was kinda lonely when I remembered Arietta, when Akari and Alicia will have to part ways. The episode was brilliant. Also, I was surprised with the sponsor scenes in the beginning. The background song is taken from ~Arietta. The opening song has the calm and gentle Aria feel about it. But I have to say, I loved the ending song. Somehow, after knowing Origination will be the end of the entire series, which I came to love so much, the ending makes me nostalgic.

Hazukashii Serifu Kinshi!
shanimebibJan 2, 2011 11:24 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 21, 2011 10:11 PM

May 2010
Aww Aria Shachou!!!

Akira was pretty cool lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 31, 2012 3:37 PM

Dec 2011
This episode was very long.
I dont understand. The score of this show is 8.85
How?

So boring..
Feb 1, 2012 4:39 AM

Jan 2008
here is your explanation
Feb 5, 2012 8:27 AM
Sep 2009
It is boring only if you are an action prick and didn't watch other seasons so you are missing characters connections with each other.

Besides it is a slice of life which is meant to relax you after hard day. It is not meant to excite. If you are in excited mood then yeh, you will get sleepy. But if you just want to take a break, it does miracles.
Sep 8, 2012 1:12 PM

Sep 2012
Woo. Some action with Akira :o

Great episode, only 12 to go ;(
Jan 6, 2013 2:43 AM

May 2012
Nice start once more, all are gathered around again and having a great time! The atmosphere is still relaxing as ever so lets see what this time the 13 episode have to offer!

The Op and especially Ed where amazing!
May 9, 2013 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
Lovely opening episode. Always always alwaysssss love seeing a bit of Akira <3

This series :'D
Sep 22, 2013 12:12 AM

Dec 2012
Woah Akira has them moves! Heartwarming first episode, starting to see the Undines in action with their customers. Looking forward to this final season.
Dec 7, 2013 2:36 PM

Nov 2011
Off to a decent start so far. I heard there are a lot of feels this season so I guess I'll be prepared!
Sep 17, 2014 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
I've had this on my re-watch list for so long. Now I've finally started, I think I'm going to stop. I don't want it to end (again). The void in my heart...aaahhhh!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 16, 2014 3:52 PM

Dec 2013
This season feels somehow magical indeed. Great episode. Lots of Akira and Alice <3 Awesome. Too bad I have to watch it in 360p English, can't find any HD let alone Polish subs.
Oct 19, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
What happened? Why do we suddenly get actual ANIMATION? The ED looks amazing too.
I'm really hyped for this season; Aria can be magical at times, but it can also be extremely childish, cheesy and slow-paced. This episode was a great start.
Jan 8, 2015 9:49 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It's been a while since I watched Aria. Sure missed hearing Alicia's "Ara, Ara".

From the 3 stories told I liked Akira's story more. The guy almost fell in the water but Akira caught him. She sure has good leg strength, and arm strength as well. Especially since she was wearing heels.

Those Aria paw print cookies looked delicious.

Feb 4, 2015 2:44 AM

May 2010
Akira is pretty damn amazing! Great start.
Jun 17, 2015 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
Starrlightx3 said:
It's good to be back to Aria, I was putting off starting Origination since I don't want it to end. <3

Same here... After completing the manga, I'm afraid I can't handle this...
Oct 22, 2015 1:45 AM

Nov 2010
Oh man, i finally after maybe 2 years of holding on to it, decided to start watching the third season. I really didn't want to end it but i guess i just love too much to leave just like this. i will finish it and then will wait for the OVAs.

And ofc, there will be Amanchu next <3

It's gonna be emotional ride, i can feel it.
Nov 8, 2015 8:28 AM

Aug 2015
Just noticed something (I don't know if it's me):
-Did Ai-chan have a change in her voice(did puberty suddenly hit her lmao) same as Alice-chan changing her tone (a bit more jolly than the 2 seasons combined lmao)
-Even better animation than the 2 seasons combined, a big level up I guess.
-Same OP singer but diff ED singer but still good, feeling that the ending of this series is coming nearby, I'm not ready for this :3

Overall a splendid 1st episode.
Nov 10, 2015 2:09 PM
Nov 2014
Damn, very nice start.
Jan 10, 2016 3:47 AM

Apr 2013
Glub said:
This episode was very long.
I dont understand. The score of this show is 8.85
How?

So boring..

Maybe because you didn't watch the first 2 seasons....
Apr 30, 2016 11:34 AM

Sep 2014
Nice Episode as usual. Loved the OP it was sweet as sugar.
Jun 24, 2016 11:06 AM

Aug 2014
I'm feeling the improvement from the past seasons
Good Episode
Nov 10, 2016 8:19 PM

May 2016
It's only been like a month or two since I've finished Natural + OVA. I promised myself that I would watch this season during my final year of university to celebrate (3 years from now). But I got depressed today, I wanted a good tear shed. Then I watched this first episode and I'm glad I'm back in this world. I'll promise myself to watch Avvenire during my final year of university, hahaha. If I get depressed or get too stressed again after Origination then I'll rewatch this beautiful series again.

So I was feeling sad over being stuck in university for so long and it's stressful as hell sometimes due to everything being quite demanding. Then this episode tells me to appreciate the ride and they're right. I've always been so eager to get out of university once I get my degree but there's so much more things to do afterwards anyways, it's always going to be a long road ahead no matter what stage I'm at so I might as well have fun. I need to take time to have fun whenever I can and just enjoy this wild ride.

Thank you, Aria, for reminding me to just have fun on this glorious Earth. Appreciate the good and bad. <33

Yes, I did shed tears on this episode. I love Aria. It's going to feel so awful seeing Akira, Alicia, and Athena relieve their duties as mentors once Akari, Alice, and Aika but it's going to be a new journey. There will be something new and something fun over the horizon. It will be exciting to see them become Primas. Hell, they had some good fun during the episode. Seeing them all together again eating some cookies and drinking tea, sharing stories, it was pretty nice to see them all interact among each other again. Even Al and Aikatsu made some cameos. Everybody is still a novice here except for the Senpais and I can relate so much to them because I feel like a novice among my peers and regular people sometimes since I'm learning so much.

Overall, I'll do my best! Great first start to the 3rd season. I'm going to cry hard when the finale hits.
Dec 3, 2016 2:52 PM
Feb 2015
a step up in animation quality from the other seasons!! Athena face was so cute <3 and Akira so badass
Jan 7, 2017 7:04 AM

Feb 2013
Akira was great when she saved that guy from falling in the water.
May 2, 2017 5:40 AM

Oct 2012
I like how the snow flake didn't melt immediately on Oka-san's hand :P

Akira, she's way too cool ❤

Still a nice episode, always bringing smile at the end
Never disappointing ❤

OP&ED feels weird, well time to get used to it xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 16, 2017 5:19 PM

Nov 2016
Nice start showing more of the Primas, gotta say each of their short stories was very amusing.

And as the 3 senpais already foreshadowed, the end of this season will be most likely pretty sad :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2017 4:02 AM

Nov 2011
Decent start, nice to see everyone again, liked the theme of always working hard.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 13, 2017 2:39 AM

Jun 2007
why would you allow the cat to do them cookies. you imagine where his paws mighta been?
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 27, 2019 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the OP/ED :)

Nice episode... loved the conversation about senpais telling how there's always 'long way to go...'

I miss those kinds of episodes where Akari went out alone in the streets of Neo-Venezia.
May 5, 2020 8:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool first episode, the stories were funny, customers are awful xD and OP is also pretty good, I don't like the ending though.
May 12, 2020 6:25 AM

Mar 2019
New artstyle, its surprising.
Good episode
The OP is very good
Jun 15, 2020 8:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Here another relaxing moment from the trio Undine. Its very sweet, they always bring such a good mood to me, thats some nice scenery to be seen. The new brand OP and ED songs really fitted well, such a relaxation listening it, nice! Ah, that Martitian cat, Maa and Aria always amusing. Its great to see them not changing at all. Not gonna lie too about the senior of the trio water fairies All of them were so great. Its not a mistake watching this legendary show. Such a heart-warming session. Yet, the time must come to and end. Ofc goes to that trios. Prima Undine, i can't wait to seen them while taking off their gloves. Aww!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 3, 2020 9:38 AM

Aug 2019
I feel like this season is gonna be much more on the feels side than the two previous ones.
Apr 2, 2021 8:47 PM

Feb 2014
I mean, I would propose to Akira as well given the chance.
Nov 9, 2021 10:58 AM
Apr 2021
Aika seems to grown respect for Akari (last season she also got upset at people bad mouthing Akari).
Apr 17, 2022 10:10 PM

Mar 2018
Everyone needs the drive to continue improving if they want to make it in the world- great advice.

I enjoy the different stories that Akari, Aika, and Alice had to say, and I also love the fact in how they are able to recognize their weaknesses and want to better them.

Great start to the season with a stunning new OP and ED
Oct 26, 2023 9:59 PM
Oct 2018
Bliss. The whole style reminds me of the early 2000s...
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM
Jan 2015
this is big trash.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Mar 31, 2008

318 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Apr 30, 2008

72 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 28, 2023 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.