Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 30, 2011 12:23 AM

Sep 2010
omg rika's cosplay , i couldn't care less about the others.

honestly they should've made a few more of these
May 27, 2011 1:06 PM

Jan 2009
Pretty interesting and well worth watching. The cosplay was fun, and the tale was interesting. I definitely think that guy was one of those white-van people, the uniforms look similar, and those guys are always up to no good... Plus it's more interesting to think of him that way as opposed to being a ghost. Because then there's something more to his presence at the quarry... Hrmm. >=]

The sulfuric smell.... gas leak... volcanic... it all sounds very similar to the phrases that were used in the arc that first mentions the Disaster of Hinamizawa and the gas leak... I wonder if this quarry.... Is what causes that? >o< What the heck is going on then?!

Argh. Time to watch ni Kai. >=D
Jun 9, 2011 7:21 AM
Apr 2011
Yeah, 7/10 overall. Not bad, but not exceptional - as an arc it'd be a lot nicer if there was more than one episode, but doesn't matter much as a special.

Although after seeing Kai it does kind of add to the whole thing.
Jan 22, 2012 1:14 AM
Dec 2007
Shant said:
Yeah, 7/10 overall. Not bad, but not exceptional - as an arc it'd be a lot nicer if there was more than one episode, but doesn't matter much as a special.

Although after seeing Kai it does kind of add to the whole thing.
Except the fact she was actually talking about the tragedies...
Leon-GunJan 22, 2012 1:20 AM

Mar 19, 2012 12:17 PM

Nov 2011
It was funny in the beginning - cosplay <3 xD
I thought it will be more interesting,but notihing actually happened :0
Still, episode was awesome for comedy parts :D
Jun 29, 2012 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
Creepy creepy!
Jun 30, 2012 9:07 AM
Dec 2010
Yeah i know this is weird and all, but do they're gonna make more series or this is the end?, first season was pretty awesome, second season was pretty well, the ova's were kinda weird but it was a lot of fun there tho, there is no more rite?
Jul 15, 2012 6:48 PM

Jul 2009
i think this is the only time where Rika manage to prevent the curse from happening again.

it's been awhile since i last saw the series(finished Season 1 and 2, two years ago)

still reminded me on how awesome this anime is, just the music and the story telling makes your curiosity piqued.

also Mion is the best with that sexy tiger bra and pantsu oufit!!!!!!

Rawwwr!!!!!

9/10 :P
Dec 21, 2012 11:02 AM

Jan 2012
the only thing im curious about is why they call this "cat killing".
Apr 21, 2013 8:40 PM

Nov 2011
Just finished watching this.

Rena: It's a cruel world.
Oh my~

The episode was more like comedy than anything else though, didn't seem like horror to me at all.
Four of a Kind!

I swear I saw this before though but oh well. Lol @ that cow outfit. MOO. The most serious parts were probably the ending scenes. Oh boy, that was great.
Oct 10, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
It was enjoyable 7/10
Apr 20, 2014 12:50 PM

Jun 2011
It was okay, I guess, but it didn't live up to it's title name, cat killing, and they did mention "curiosity killed the cat".
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 6, 2014 3:16 PM

Apr 2013
Well, nothing special, but okay I guess. Nice fanservic of Mion though.
And the last scene before the credits gave me a little bit the creeps.
May 18, 2014 7:12 AM

Jan 2014
Not bad...
7/10
May 27, 2014 1:53 AM

Sep 2012
Pretty interesting backstory.
Jun 29, 2015 10:36 PM

Apr 2015
The cosplay! >///<

It's alright for me, I only watched it because of the cosplay. Rika is still my favorite character! ^.^

What's with the "Cat killing" part? I seriously don't get it... ._.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jan 31, 2017 11:28 PM

Mar 2014
I need much more of cow-suit Mion.

6/10
Aug 11, 2020 7:32 PM

Aug 2018
This was actually so interesting and good, very fun to watch!

Aug 23, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2018
Ah yes, finally the feeling after watching Higurashi years ago, came back again in this one episode, the mysterious and terrifying of season 1. This episode was kinda difficult to find.
Sep 16, 2020 3:50 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring episode, they should've put in more Mion fanservice to make it more entertaining.
Nov 26, 2020 10:29 PM

Mar 2019
Not as great as the 1th or 2nd Season....

But in some parts i really felt tension...

Liked it.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 31, 2020 6:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Tsukanda said:
Pretty boring...I don't understand where they get the name "Cat Killing Chapter" though O_o; After watching KAI, we really dont need to really understand this part...although still quite interesting about the ghost part. Oh and one question that I may have missed information on... I noticed that when Mion was cosplaying and such she had no tattoo on her back...is it just something that appears or was it a lie she told in that chapter?

Gladly, this person inactive anymore. So, this quote really needed to express my feels seeing this one. Lol. And for those question, i believe its because the real owner of tattoo was
Its really retoric, and unnecessary. But i still needed to answer that for my gratitude quoting his comment. Lol.

Eh, and one more note: Mion, how the hell you survived wearing those kind of outfit in the middle of that kind of situations? Really hilarious xd. And that cat at the last scene because of the title. Lol. Pretty fun chapter to say the least. But really lessen the mood if you compared it to the whole first season.

Thats it for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 15, 2021 4:16 AM
Mar 2019
Not really sure where this fit in place with the series. If taken place right after the end of Season 1 then this is a pretty good way of setting the tone for season 2 in my opinion. Weird because it can’t take place at the end of Season 1’s last arc because Keiichi had known about the curse already, and in this he didn’t. So it’s not like it takes place right after Rena trying to blow up the school and right before the disaster. Maybe this is just another fragment then.. idefk. Either way I gave it a 9
Jul 17, 2021 6:37 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
The post credits scene though.

But yea, other than that, pretty boring since they mostly talked.
At least it wasn't one of those psychotic episodes.
Jan 6, 2022 6:59 PM

Dec 2009
Without having watched the anime adaption yet, I don't understand this hidden insight to a portion of the story, but as a reader of the source material visual novel, this is an awkward meaningless addition to the story...
Apparently it's; "It is later revealed in Matsuribayashi-hen that the haunted quarry is being used by the Yamainu to store the poison that will be used in the Great Hinamizawa Disaster when Rika dies."

But in the source material, the visual novel... H-173 was created by Takano from Satoko's tests as a L5 patient, not this random extra victim of the Hinamizawa Syndrome.
Overall boring episode, but Rika and Satoko's cosplays are cute, while Mion's is sexy. 3/10.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» When to watch

Bwaffles - Feb 15, 2009

7 by WatchTillTandava »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.